PDA

View Full Version : Heat: James: "If I wanted to, I could league the league in scoring"

MavFan6488
12-22-2012, 02:05 PM
"If I wanted to, I could league the league in scoring, but that's not my job here," James said."My job is to do a lot of everything -- rebounding, passing and defending so that takes away from my scoring. I've done (the scoring title) before. I'm capable of doing it, but my game sometimes doesn't allow me to have those big nights."

[...]

As if James hasn't been impressive with his physical play already, James ran through the numbers in his head in front of reporters.
"I'm shooting 54 percent from the field right now, so if I shoot 54 percent at 25 shots a game? Pff, that's like ... doing my math ... that's 27 points right there. That's without shooting free throws and shooting 42 percent from the 3-point line."

If he maintained those percentages, the scoring title would likely be his.

"I could do it if I wanted to," James reiterated.

When a reporter brought up the fact that Bryant took 46 shots when he scored 81 points, James laughed and said he wouldn't be able to do that on this Heat team with Dwyane Wade (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/1987/dwyane-wade) and Chris Bosh (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/1977/chris-bosh) also needing the ball.

"There's only a couple guys in the league that can do that, shoot 46 shoots and Kobe is one of them," James said with a smile. "Melo. KD, maybe when he's feeling it. Monta (Ellis) (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/2751/monta-ellis). Wow, 46 shots. I don't know."

Lincoln
12-22-2012, 02:12 PM
Shitting on Kobe subliminally :lol

purplengold
12-22-2012, 02:14 PM
probably could but he % gon fall ta 50

irishock
12-22-2012, 02:17 PM
Lol poor Kobe

Cry Havoc
12-22-2012, 02:26 PM
probably could but he % gon fall ta 50

Yeah, because scoring 25 a game with 54% and 43% from beyond the arc is so easy. :lol

Kobe shooting 38% from 3 in his best shooting year while LeBron is 43% from downtown and not even particularly focused on being a long range threat.

:lol Kobe

Clipper Nation
12-22-2012, 02:34 PM
:lol LeGOAT with the shitting on Kobe, Melo, and Durant simultaneously goods

TrainOfThought5
12-22-2012, 02:44 PM
Lebomb of truth, to be honest.

JamStone
12-22-2012, 02:47 PM
Yeah, because scoring 25 a game with 54% and 43% from beyond the arc is so easy. :lol

Kobe shooting 38% from 3 in his best shooting year while LeBron is 43% from downtown and not even particularly focused on being a long range threat.

If LeBron finishes the season over 40% on threes, that will be extremely impressive. His best season was around 36% from three. If he's improved that much or he's being very judicious about his three point shot selection, either way it's something. I'll wait until he does it for the entire season though to be completely impressed.

Cry Havoc
12-22-2012, 02:53 PM
If LeBron finishes the season over 40% on threes, that will be extremely impressive. His best season was around 36% from three. If he's improved that much or he's being very judicious about his three point shot selection, either way it's something. I'll wait until he does it for the entire season though to be completely impressed.

If he's even in the vicinity, it's pretty monumental, especially considering how many other weapons he has. 54% is absurd as well, if he can maintain that it'll be pretty remarkable as well. Dude obviously works on his game every single day. His career FG% is higher than Kobe's FG% for this season, and it's supposedly Kobe's swan song. That's pretty insane, even by LeBron's standards. If he finishes at 52% and 40%, that's just hard to deal with defensively.

irishock
12-22-2012, 02:54 PM
Bryant has 5 rings.

JamStone
12-22-2012, 03:01 PM
If he's even in the vicinity, it's pretty monumental, especially considering how many other weapons he has. 54% is absurd as well, if he can maintain that it'll be pretty remarkable as well. Dude obviously works on his game every single day. His career FG% is higher than Kobe's FG% for this season, and it's supposedly Kobe's swan song. That's pretty insane, even by LeBron's standards. If he finishes at 52% and 40%, that's just hard to deal with defensively.

Do you believe LeBron will finish around 40% from three by the end of the season? I'm not convinced and won't be until the end of the season and he's sitting around 40%.

We all know why LeBron shoots a high percentage from the field. Plenty of his shot attempts are at or near the bucket by way of lay-up or dunk. He gets a lot of those in transition and his strength and explosion allow him to get to the basket pretty easily in the halfcourt set as well. While LeBron does shoot threes and the occasional midrange jumper, my guess (I'm not a stats geek and don't know for a fact) is that most of his attempts are close. In that way, he's somewhat like a big man when it comes to having a high and efficient FG%.

While Kobe is a noted scorer, he's never really been an efficient scorer in that way. He takes difficult shots. He takes a lot of jumpers, three pointer or otherwise. He takes a lot of forced shots and bailout shots when the shot clock is running down. That's not an excuse for him to be inefficient. That's just what it is. That's how he plays. And that's why he often takes criticism for his shooting. It's just who he is.

DD
12-22-2012, 03:09 PM
Did anybody else skip right by irishock's posts?

Cry Havoc
12-22-2012, 03:19 PM
Do you believe LeBron will finish around 40% from three by the end of the season? I'm not convinced and won't be until the end of the season and he's sitting around 40%.

Probably not. But it's possible. His jumper has improved every single year he's been in the NBA, at points by leaps and bounds.

We all know why LeBron shoots a high percentage from the field. Plenty of his shot attempts are at or near the bucket by way of lay-up or dunk. He gets a lot of those in transition and his strength and explosion allow him to get to the basket pretty easily in the halfcourt set as well.

That's true, but his jumper is a weapon now. A defender can't back off him and let him shoot over all game like teams used to.

While LeBron does shoot threes and the occasional midrange jumper, my guess (I'm not a stats geek and don't know for a fact) is that most of his attempts are close. In that way, he's somewhat like a big man when it comes to having a high and efficient FG%.

He's definitely shooting from outside more often. Of course, I don't think he's going 100% every game either, so he's probably "settling" for that shot, but 54% for a ballhandler is good no matter how you slice it. 54.2% would be well above any other season except last year (53.1).

While Kobe is a noted scorer, he's never really been an efficient scorer in that way. He takes difficult shots. He takes a lot of jumpers, three pointer or otherwise. He takes a lot of forced shots and bailout shots when the shot clock is running down. That's not an excuse for him to be inefficient. That's just what it is. That's how he plays. And that's why he often takes criticism for his shooting. It's just who he is.

No arguments there. I think the initial statement he made is pretty obviously true, though. LeBron could easily get 5 more PPG if he cared that much about it. He's chasing rings before records, though.

purplengold
12-22-2012, 03:23 PM

why you bringing up Kobe n tryna spin what I said? He shoot more, his % bound ta fall a lil. you got a chubby for old man bean or somtin?

Cry Havoc
12-22-2012, 04:24 PM
why you bringing up Kobe n tryna spin what I said? He shoot more, his % bound ta fall a lil. you got a chubby for old man bean or somtin?

You mean, "Why am I bringing up Kobe in a thread about leading the league in scoring?"?

Gee, I dunno. I must be senile, or something. :rolleyes

rayjayjohnson
12-22-2012, 04:26 PM
bron bron dropping truth bombs, per the usual.

Bynumite
12-22-2012, 04:32 PM
What a very Kobish thing to say but Lebron's nut huggers on ST will obviously apply the proper spin.

Jodelo
12-22-2012, 05:37 PM
Nothing wrong with he said. :toast

12-22-2012, 05:41 PM
nigga nigga nigga nigga nigga

Cool story :toast

namlook
12-22-2012, 05:46 PM
If Lebron makes a decision to take more shots there are going to be some lower percentage looks in there so his FG% will go down. It's easier to shoot 54% on a lower volume of shots when you pick your spots.

purplengold
12-22-2012, 05:54 PM
You mean, "Why am I bringing up Kobe in a thread about leading the league in scoring?"?

Gee, I dunno. I must be senile, or something. :rolleyes

prolly, only homers talkin Lebron n Kobe in the same sentence today. you prolly a bigger fan of him than me

Jodelo
12-22-2012, 06:24 PM
If Lebron makes a decision to take more shots there are going to be some lower percentage looks in there so his FG% will go down. It's easier to shoot 54% on a lower volume of shots when you pick your spots.

He is so good that he decided which shots he takes and at which spots...

whitemamba
12-22-2012, 06:33 PM
lol at people comparing lebron to kobe.

KB-5
the decision-1

close thread.

namlook
12-22-2012, 06:49 PM
He is so good that he decided which shots he takes and at which spots...

LOL. Yeah I don't think so.

irishock
12-22-2012, 06:54 PM
lol at people comparing lebron to kobe.

KB-5
the decision-1

close thread.

This.

Not a huge Bryant fan but it's hysterical how people already place LeBron above him on the all-time ranking with a 1-5 ring differential.

whitemamba
12-22-2012, 07:05 PM
This.

Not a huge Bryant fan but it's hysterical how people already place LeBron above him on the all-time ranking with a 1-5 ring differential.

welcome to ST

DAF86
12-22-2012, 07:32 PM
This.

'cause Lebron is the better basketball player, pretty simple. I don't put much value on teams' accomplishments when comparing individuals.

LkrFan
12-22-2012, 07:36 PM
I guarantee LeHype don't win 5 rings. You can quote me on that. Until he does that don't even compare the two. It's futile. He won't so it's a moot point.

DAF86
12-22-2012, 07:43 PM
I guarantee LeHype don't win 5 rings. You can quote me on that. Until he does that don't even compare the two. It's futile. He won't so it's a moot point.

I think he could get to 5 maybe more coat tailing the best player on the NBA (when himself stops being the best player on the NBA of course).

whitemamba
12-22-2012, 08:07 PM
'cause Lebron is the better basketball player, pretty simple. I don't put much value on teams' accomplishments when comparing individuals.
:lmao

Latarian Milton
12-22-2012, 08:36 PM
nigga knows what he ought to do atm which's win as many rings as possible before his buddy wade turns complete shitbag. nigga will go stat-padding mode a few years later in order to earn himself a higher position on the all-time scoring list, but that ain't gonna happen before he wins another 4 or 5 rings for this city imho

Clipper Nation
12-22-2012, 08:42 PM
What a very Kobish thing to say

Kobe would never say his job is to rebound, pass, and defend... :lol

dunkman
12-22-2012, 09:16 PM
LeBron didn't cry to get drafted by the Lakers tbh. That 5 rings Kobe has have to be taken with a dose of salt. Pippen has 6 and Horry 7, neither was the player Kobe is. In the same way LeBron was always better than Kobe, since at least his second season.

TrainOfThought5
12-22-2012, 09:19 PM
What a very Kobish thing to say but Lebron's nut huggers on ST will obviously apply the proper spin.

Have some respect for the San Antonio Heat :downspin:

Jodelo
12-22-2012, 09:32 PM

It's true. LeBron is better than Kobe...

Technique
12-22-2012, 09:33 PM
And that's why LeBron is greater than Kobe ever was.

Cry Havoc
12-22-2012, 09:33 PM
This.

What? Who? Consensus is that Kobe is a top 10 player all time, around 8 or 9. LeBron isn't even top 15 yet. So again, who's rating LeBron above Kobe career-wise?

LeBron right now is a better basketball player than Kobe has ever been and it's not a particularly close margin. Better teammate, better percentages, better defense, better rebounding, better passer. Kobe is a better volume scorer and shoots better FTs. At this pace, LeBron will someday pass Kobe on the all-time list (and Duncan), but that's several years and hundreds of games down the road, and James has to stay healthy and productive for that entire stretch. Not to mention he probably needs at least one more ring to legitimize his legacy. But as things stand very few players have ever been on the level that James has been for the past 2-3 seasons.

DAF86
12-22-2012, 09:38 PM

I'm pretty sure you're trolling, that's how much better Lebron is than Kobe.

DD
12-22-2012, 09:42 PM
Yeah, LeBron is better...not a question anymore. He's always been the most physically gifted athlete, but his glaring mental weakness in key situations always held him back. He finally grew out of it last year, though...now that the mental hurdle is behind him he'll be unstoppable.

Cry Havoc
12-22-2012, 10:24 PM
He's always been the most physically gifted athlete, but his glaring mental weakness in key situations always held him back.

Which was debunked numerous times before last year's finals and became an absolute laugher of a statement after his single-handed destruction of the Pistons.

DD
12-22-2012, 10:39 PM
Which was debunked numerous times before last year's finals and became an absolute laugher of a statement after his single-handed destruction of the Pistons.

Listen fag, you obviously missed him shitting the bed against the Mavs multiple times--actually, you didnt because i remember you crying incessantly about the officiating during that series--as well as the infamous Game 5 vs Boston.

Anytime you wanna spit his cock out, feel free

Cry Havoc
12-22-2012, 11:28 PM
Listen fag, you obviously missed him shitting the bed against the Mavs multiple times--actually, you didnt because i remember you crying incessantly about the officiating during that series--as well as the infamous Game 5 vs Boston.

Anytime you wanna spit his cock out, feel free

Kobe's had several series where he shit the bed. So I guess he isn't clutch either. Thanks for proving my point. :toast

midnightpulp
12-23-2012, 12:14 AM
Lebron as the man:

3 Finals appearances, 1 ring, 1 Finals MVP

Kirby as the man:

3 Finals appearances, 2 rings, 2 Finals MVPs.

Don't see why it's such an affront to rank Lebron higher than Kirby on the all-time list. Once Lebron got to Miami and played with the kind of supporting cast that Kirby has had the luxury of playing with his entire career (aside from the Smush-era, of course), he's never been out of the Finals.

It'd be a very refreshing change of pace if, for once in your bean3r lives, you Kobe fans would admit the kind of talent Kobe's teams have been loaded with throughout his 17 year career.

*Kobe Bryant was drafted onto a playoff team that featured Shaq, Eddie Jones, and Nick Van Exel. Lebron James was drafted onto a terrible team with its best player being a broken down Big Z.

*Kobe Bryant has gotten to play alongside the following all-star players (all of whom were at their peak, in their prime, or near their prime): Shaq, Eddie Jones, Lamar Odom, Gary Payton, Pau Gasol, Andrew Bynum, Dwight Howard. Before Miami, Lebron James's "Pippen" was Big Z and then Mo Williams.

*Kobe Bryant's title teams always featured the best or second best frontline in the game. Lebron James has never gotten to play with a dominant low-post scorer or imposing paint anchor. Chris Bosh has been the best in this regard, and wasn't even 100% healthy for the East Finals and Finals.

*Kobe Bryant hasn't gotten past the 2nd round without Phil Jackson. James took Potato Head to the Finals and won Video Coordinator a ring.

Floss your rings all you want, Kobe fans, but anybody with an IQ higher than a Laker fan's BMI would choose to build around LBJ over Kirby.

Stalin
12-23-2012, 12:16 AM
lakerfan butthurt is all too apparent

irishock
12-23-2012, 01:07 AM
LOL KOBE IMMEDIATELY TAKES 40+

Killakobe81
12-23-2012, 01:28 AM
Read between the lines. He said the same shit when Durant won his first scoring title. The thing is he is right. As nice as Durant is and as skilled as Kobe is no one can get easier shots in the NBA cuz he is a beast. But what a insencure ass. He is the best player in the game why does he care about scoring titles? Apparently the unselfish superstar cares about the same shit Kobe does.

Killakobe81
12-23-2012, 01:29 AM
lakerfan butthurt is all too apparent

Lol spur fan obsession just as apparent

mavs>spurs
12-23-2012, 01:32 AM
Nothing wrong with what lebron said..he's lead the league in scoring before and no reason why he couldn't do it again. Dude just wants to win though.

Killakobe81
Yeah, LeBron is better...not a question anymore. He's always been the most physically gifted athlete, but his glaring mental weakness in key situations always held him back. He finally grew out of it last year, though...now that the mental hurdle is behind him he'll be unstoppable.

Agree 100% DD, but I just question why this bothers him. Sounds like a female that says I could be married but I refuse to settle at a wedding reception.

ElNono
wow, Killa sighting.. Lakers must not suck that bad at the moment :lol

ElNono
12-23-2012, 01:33 AM
IMO, part of the progression of becoming an all time great player... Understanding the team game and how doing the little things help win games too...

Killakobe81
12-23-2012, 01:34 AM
Not necessarily wrong I even said he is correct. But if it didn't matter why keep bringing it up? He has everything ring, MVP torch scoring title means little

ElNono
12-23-2012, 01:35 AM
Not necessarily wrong I even said he is correct. But if it didn't matter why keep bringing it up? He has everything ring, MVP torch scoring title means little

I think he was responding to a question...

Stalin
12-23-2012, 01:35 AM
Lol spur fan obsession just as apparent

im a leCrab fan, lakers almost hitting .500 killa coming out of hiding to dfend the lakeshow, lol

Killakobe81
12-23-2012, 01:37 AM
[QUOTE=ElNono;6259703]wow, Killa sighting.. Lakers must not suck that bad at the moment :lol[/QUOTE
New job homey. Can't post at work with the degenerate shit we see on here. Made a point of coming here after losses. But when they piled up made no sense. Posted quite a bit last week ..why did u miss me el?

Killakobe81
12-23-2012, 01:41 AM
Agreed, but saw the same when Durant wins. Personally I don't mind it its his ego that helpsmakehim great ... But it bothers him. The question gavehim the outlet to show it. Would Duncan ever dsay that ? That is a Melo, Kobe, MJ type answer.

ElNono
12-23-2012, 01:42 AM
New job homey. Can't post at work with the degenerate shit we see on here. Made a point of coming here after losses. But when they piled up made no sense. Posted quite a bit last week ..why did u miss me el?

You're one of the few solid Lakeshow posters, IMO... When the average post comes from apes and Kobe nutthuggers, variety is sorely missed, tbh

Killakobe81
12-23-2012, 01:42 AM
im a leCrab fan, lakers almost hitting .500 killa coming out of hiding to dfend the lakeshow, lol

Not defending and tbh I was disgusted with Kobe's field goal attempts this game.

ElNono
12-23-2012, 01:43 AM
Agreed, but saw the same when Durant wins. Personally I don't mind it its his ego that helpsmakehim great ... But it bothers him. The question gavehim the outlet to show it. Would Duncan ever dsay that ? That is a Melo, Kobe, MJ type answer.

Bron never been humble... He's no AI/Kobe kind of boasting, but The Decision was a major ego trip (:cry and helping the children :cry)

Stalin
12-23-2012, 01:45 AM
Not defending and tbh I was disgusted with Kobe's field goal attempts this game.

just a classic kobe game, nothing new here, IMO

ElNono
12-23-2012, 01:46 AM
^ sup Brazil :lol

Killakobe81
12-23-2012, 01:51 AM
just a classic kobe game, nothing new here, IMO

Come on Stalin, that was ridiculous tonight.

Stalin
12-23-2012, 01:54 AM
Come on Stalin, that was ridiculous tonight.

:lol:lol:lol

Stalin
12-23-2012, 01:59 AM
^ sup Brazil :lol

quit spreading these vile rumours

Latarian Milton
12-23-2012, 06:41 AM
bron managed to drag a board of dipshits to the NBA finals and managed to win 70+ games in the regular season with the same craps, while we know whats the best result kobe's ever achieved while playing as the lone star on his team tbh

Killakobe81
12-23-2012, 10:28 AM
bron managed to drag a board of dipshits to the NBA finals and managed to win 70+ games in the regular season with the same craps, while we know whats the best result kobe's ever achieved while playing as the lone star on his team tbh

What does that have to do with this thread? Not even Kobe fans argued he was better than James in this thread...

Suspect
12-23-2012, 11:39 AM
Lebron playing on eastern conference his whole career bound to make him and his team seem great imo

Lebron and the heat wouldn't keep making it to the finals in dat western conference...IMO

JamStone
12-23-2012, 11:59 AM

When did any team with LeBron win 70+ games in the regular season?

Koolaid_Man
12-23-2012, 12:36 PM
Lebron playing on eastern conference his whole career bound to make him and his team seem great imo

Lebron and the heat wouldn't keep making it to the finals in dat western conference...IMO

^ keep talking...I'm listening....I'm listening Suspect....

Koolaid_Man
12-23-2012, 12:39 PM

compare the stacked Western conference teams Kobe had to go through over the years vs Lebron's Cavs....:lol

DPG21920
12-23-2012, 12:39 PM
Suspect, be careful dude, we found out Kool is recruiting for an "odd job" that might leave you with a "mouth full" of questions...

Koolaid_Man
12-23-2012, 12:43 PM
Suspect, be careful dude, we found out Kool is recruiting for an "odd job" that might leave you with a "mouth full" of questions...

it was a fun night...ladies eating crab and watching Kool shake it up all night...that performance netted me dozens of new "friends"

Koolaid_Man
12-23-2012, 12:45 PM
compare the stacked Western conference teams Kobe had to go through over the years vs Lebron's Cavs....:lol

I'll be awaiting your response Heat fan

LnGrrrR
12-23-2012, 12:47 PM
True, tbh

midnightpulp
12-23-2012, 06:54 PM

What stacked teams?

Phoenix Suns? Denver Nuggets? Utah Jazz?

The '09 and '10 Western Conference was decidedly weak. And a Kobe Bryant-led team never beat anyone near as good as last year's Thunder.

Here's some knowledge for you:

Kobe vs. Thunder last year: 1-4

Lebron vs. Thunder last year: 4-1

Koolaid_Man
12-23-2012, 07:02 PM
What stacked teams?

Phoenix Suns? Denver Nuggets? Utah Jazz?

The '09 and '10 Western Conference was decidedly weak. And a Kobe Bryant-led team never beat anyone near as good as last year's Thunder.

Here's some knowledge for you:

Kobe vs. Thunder last year: 1-4

Lebron vs. Thunder last year: 4-1

:lol Kobe's been in the league 17 yrs not 2. But since you want to compare a prime Lebron to Prime Kobe...that's cool...here we go

Kobe vs Spurs All-time 4-1 :lol

Koolaid_Man
12-23-2012, 07:05 PM
The Western Conference has always been stacked throughout Kobe's career...

From the

Kings
Spurs
Suns
Trailblazers
Nuggets
Jazz

all teams Kobe went through

midnightpulp
12-23-2012, 07:07 PM
:lol Kobe's been in the league 17 yrs not 2. But since you want to compare a prime Lebron to Prime Kobe...that's cool...here we go

Kobe vs Spurs All-time 4-1 :lol

Nope.

4-2. Same winning percentage Nash has against Kobe in the playoffs.

And now that Nash is a Laker, Kirby will never get the opportunity to even up the score. :lol

midnightpulp
12-23-2012, 07:10 PM
The Western Conference has always been stacked throughout Kobe's career...

From the

Kings
Spurs
Suns
Trailblazers
Nuggets
Jazz

all teams Kobe went through

Shaq's teams beat the Spurs, Kings, and Blazers in the early 00s.

And lol at mentioning the Suns (who Kobe lost to twice and only beat once), Nuggets and Jazz. Those were some of the weakest "contenders" of all-time.

Koolaid_Man
12-23-2012, 07:26 PM
Shaq's teams beat the Spurs, Kings, and Blazers in the early 00s.

And lol at mentioning the Suns (who Kobe lost to twice and only beat once), Nuggets and Jazz. Those were some of the weakest "contenders" of all-time.

You pontificated much but you didn't answer my question...compare the teams Kobe went through vs Lebron....Lebron never had to consistently play against a tough western conference power house like the Spurs through-out his career ;-)

Koolaid_Man
12-23-2012, 07:29 PM
ohhh and how could I forget about the Mavs....they've been a staple of Western conference power for at least a decade

midnightpulp
12-23-2012, 07:29 PM
You pontificated much but you didn't answer my question...compare the teams Kobe went through vs Lebron....Lebron never had to consistently play against a tough western conference power house like the Spurs through-out his career ;-)

Neither did Kobe. A Kobe Bryant-led team only faced the Spurs once in the playoffs, and that Spurs team was anything but a powerhouse. Old, slow, banged up, needed 7 games to beat the Hornets. Miami would've swept them, probably winning by an average of 15 points per game.

Props to Kobe, though. Snuck in a couple of titles when the West was at its weakest :tu

Koolaid_Man
12-23-2012, 07:30 PM
Lebron had only the Celtics...other than that he's been running around the Leastern Conference *aka* the JV conference like a stray pit bull on the loose

Koolaid_Man
12-23-2012, 07:32 PM
Neither did Kobe. A Kobe Bryant-led team only faced the Spurs once in the playoffs, and that Spurs team was anything but a powerhouse. Old, slow, banged up, needed 7 games to beat the Hornets. Miami would've swept them, probably winning by an average of 15 points per game.

Props to Kobe, though. Snuck in a couple of titles when the West was at its weakest :tu

You pontificated much but you still didn't answer my question...it's ok we understand your pain....sine you don't want to have a serious discussion let me hit you with the old faithful:

It's still Kobe 2 Shaq 1

and Kobe 5 TOSB 4

or Kobe 5 and Lebronze 1

no matter how you slice my nigga is on top

midnightpulp
12-23-2012, 07:32 PM
ohhh and how could I forget about the Mavs....they've been a staple of Western conference power for at least a decade

Kirby's never beaten the Mavs. They swept his ass. So why are you bringing them up?

Koolaid_Man
12-23-2012, 07:33 PM
Kirby's never beaten the Mavs. They swept his ass. So why are you bringing them up?

Just shows you how hard Kobe's had it....facing these team night in and night out when Lebron is playing JV teams

Koolaid_Man
12-23-2012, 07:34 PM
Name a defensive player like Bruce Bowen that Lebron has to play against

Koolaid_Man
12-23-2012, 07:35 PM
;-)

Koolaid_Man
12-23-2012, 07:35 PM
Name a defensive combination like Duncan and Robinson that Lebron had to penetrate against

Koolaid_Man
12-23-2012, 07:36 PM
name a 2 time MVP point guard like Nash that Lebron had to play against

Koolaid_Man
12-23-2012, 07:37 PM
Name a time when Lebron defeated 3 first ballot HOF's for a title

midnightpulp
12-23-2012, 07:39 PM
You pontificated much but you still didn't answer my question...it's ok we understand your pain....sine you don't want to have a serious discussion let me hit you with the old faithful:

It's still Kobe 2 Shaq 1

and Kobe 5 TOSB 4

or Kobe 5 and Lebronze 1

no matter how you slice my nigga is on top

The '07 Pistons and '11 Chicago Bulls were better teams than anything Kirby saw in the West in '08, '09, '10.

All things considered, I say their competition was about equal in their respective conferences over the past 6 seasons.

Koolaid_Man
12-23-2012, 07:39 PM
The Problem is Kobe is defying age at this point..the nigga is getting greedy..he's refusing to accept old age and just quit...he's not supposed to be out there balling against yet another generation of young players and leading the league in scoring...the nigga didn't get the memo that his time was up...he's like the greek god Perseus

Koolaid_Man
12-23-2012, 07:41 PM
The '07 Pistons and '11 Chicago Bulls were better teams than anything Kirby saw in the West in '08, '09, '10.

All things considered, I say their competition was about equal in their respective conferences over the past 6 seasons.

:lol you're getting great at this pontification game....again Kobe's been in the league since 96...not just '08, '09. and '10...

Koolaid_Man
12-23-2012, 07:42 PM
name a coach like Pop that Lebron had to play against... ;-)

midnightpulp
12-23-2012, 07:42 PM
Name a time when Lebron defeated 3 first ballot HOF's for a title

Name a time when Kobe did it?

Oh, you mean Boston's big three who were all clearly past their primes? Lebron beat that same team the next year, and it didn't take him 7 games to do it :lol

Koolaid_Man
12-23-2012, 07:44 PM
Name a time when Kobe did it?

Oh, you mean Boston's big three who were all clearly past their primes? Lebron beat that same team the next year, and it didn't take him 7 games to do it :lol

Eat took on Kobe's sloppy seconds...answer me this..when he beat them that year did it lead to a title?

midnightpulp
12-23-2012, 07:44 PM
The Problem is Kobe is defying age at this point..the nigga is getting greedy..he's refusing to accept old age and just quit...he's not supposed to be out there balling against yet another generation of young players and leading the league in scoring...the nigga didn't get the memo that his time was up...he's like the greek god Perseus

Yep. Age hasn't prevented him from putting up an ungodly amount of shots....

And missing most of them.

Koolaid_Man
12-23-2012, 07:45 PM
Has Lebron ever played against defensive greats such as Dennis Rodman, Scottie Pippen, and Bruce Bowen...

Koolaid_Man
12-23-2012, 07:47 PM
Yep. Age hasn't prevented him from putting up an ungodly amount of shots....

And missing most of them.

if the fouls were called as they should half the missed shots would be counted as the free throws they should be...Kobe gets hated on by the refs because of Colorado

midnightpulp
12-23-2012, 07:47 PM
Eat took on Kobe's sloppy seconds...answer me this..when he beat them that year did it lead to a title?

Nope. Faced the Mavs team that swept Kobe.

Difference?

Lebron won 2 games and didn't get drilled by 40 in the closeout :lol

Koolaid_Man
12-23-2012, 07:50 PM

Difference?

won two games :lol really....so what type of season's was Lebron coming off of vs Kobe...if I'm not mistaken Lebron was 2 time MVP when he lost to Dallas in the finals...

and Kobe was coming of 3 straight finals appearances 2 titles and Olympics gold medal...talk about being burned out

midnightpulp
12-23-2012, 07:55 PM
won two games :lol really....so what type of season's was Lebron coming off of vs Kobe...if I'm not mistaken Lebron was 2 time MVP when he lost to Dallas in the finals...

and Kobe was coming of 3 straight finals appearances 2 titles and Olympics gold medal...talk about being burned out

Winning two games is better than being swept and losing by 40 in the closeout game.

Kobe's MVP season ended similarly. Lost another closeout game by 40 :lol

Bron won a regular season MVP and Finals MVP in the same season, a feat only the true greats have been able to accomplish (Jordan, Kareem, Magic, Bird, Duncan, Shaq). Can't say the same about Kobe.

And lol at the "burned out" excuse. Weak shit. Even for you.

Koolaid_Man
12-23-2012, 07:57 PM
Winning two games is better than being swept and losing by 40 in the closeout game.

Kobe's MVP season ended similarly. Lost another closeout game by 40 :lol

Bron won a regular season MVP and Finals MVP in the same season, a feat only the true greats have been able to accomplish (Jordan, Kareem, Magic, Bird, Duncan, Shaq). Can't say the same about Kobe.

And lol at the "burned out" excuse. Weak shit. Even for you.

yeah but all those players you name have more than 1 ring...:lol and 2 with more than Kobe....and each time MJ went to 3 straight finals he never made a 4th ;-)

LkrFan
12-23-2012, 08:01 PM
mid - will LeBron win 5 rings?

Koolaid_Man
12-23-2012, 08:02 PM
what else you got for me mid...I'm the ultimate Kobe apologist..no one can beat me at this game :lol

midnightpulp
12-23-2012, 08:04 PM
yeah but all those players you name have more than 1 ring...:lol and 2 with more than Kobe....and each time MJ went to 3 straight finals he never made a 4th ;-)

Doesn't matter. Lebron accomplished something Kobe never did on the individual level.

For your sake, you better pray to black Jesus Lebron doesn't repeat, because if he does, you can expect the various media talking heads that you worship to vault James over Kobe on the all-time ranks. True fans already know James is the better player, but repeating would make it "official."

I suggest you become a Thunder fan. They're the only hope you have of preventing that nightmare from becoming true.

Koolaid_Man
12-23-2012, 08:06 PM
Doesn't matter. Lebron accomplished something Kobe never did on the individual level.

For your sake, you better pray to black Jesus Lebron doesn't repeat, because if he does, you can expect the various media talking heads that you worship to vault James over Kobe on the all-time ranks. True fans already know James is the better player, but repeating would make it "official."

I suggest you become a Thunder fan. They're the only hope you have of preventing that nightmare from becoming true.

For your sake you better hope Kobe doesn't rang 6...other wise Lebron and Tim Duncan will forever eat shit balls with their spaghetti

midnightpulp
12-23-2012, 08:11 PM
For your sake you better hope Kobe doesn't rang 6...other wise Lebron and Tim Duncan will forever eat shit balls with their spaghetti

I'll be good. See, even with a 6th ring, Kobe would only match Duncan in Finals MVPs and still have less titles as his team's best player.

But I don't have to worry too much, since Kobe winning his 6th isn't happening in the near future. Could happen a few years from now, though. Kobe coattailing as an old vet, which would be pathetic, but given how the majority of Kobe's rings were won coattailing, to be expected.

Koolaid_Man
12-23-2012, 08:20 PM
I'll be good. See, even with a 6th ring, Kobe would only match Duncan in Finals MVPs and still have less titles as his team's best player.

But I don't have to worry too much, since Kobe winning his 6th isn't happening in the near future. Could happen a few years from now, though. Kobe coattailing as an old vet, which would be pathetic, but given how the majority of Kobe's rings were won coattailing, to be expected.

^ :lol just a good as Pop's got a smooth face

Suspect
12-23-2012, 10:15 PM

Difference?

When lebron had wade and bosh? Lol

100%duncan
12-24-2012, 07:20 AM
Shitting on Kobe subliminally :lol

Koolaid_Man
12-24-2012, 08:07 AM
hey midget....you never named a time for me...

Let me try this again pretty boy...:lol

Name a time when:

Kobe got a bronze medal
Kobe got dissed by a white girl at the US Olymipcs after offering to take her for a hamburger, french fries, and a strawberry shake
Kobe got hairline replacement therapy
Kobe faked an elbow injury to avoid taking his team to the finals
Kobe abandoned HIS team to go play with 2 other HOFer's
Duncan, Lebron, Melo, Wade, and AI couldn't win without Kobe :lol
Kobe got a tramp stamp and tongue ring all in the same year
Kobe let his male manager / college roommate live with up for up to 4 yrs and even after he got married
Lebron had to consistently play through a great team like the Spurs that featured, Rat Face Pop, Duncan the Magician, Bald Spot Gino-belly, Teammate Wife Fucker, and Karate kick to the face Bowen....
Lebron got cheated out at least 6 MVP's because of false rape allegations
Lebron went back 2 back let alone 3 peated
Kobe and Fish subliminally threatened an NBA ref with guns through Halloween pics
Duncan went back to back for an NBA title
Duncan had the top jersey sell in the NBA
Duncan led Kobe in all-star voting
Duncan won 5 titles
Lebron sold more jersey's than Kobe
Lebron could get more white Ho's than Kobe
Kobe ever dunked on Duncan and Robinson at the same time
Shaq had to watch Kobe defeat the Spurs from the bench (let me help you with that one) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3lUtG5vL6k

Name a time mid..name a time

Killakobe81
12-24-2012, 10:24 AM
LeBron has the torch but I love how so many laud LeBron for making the Finals with Cavs but fail to give Dwight similar credit. Or shit on Kobe for his uneven Finals performances, but let James slide on his. I have no problem with James. Go back and check my posts I have said constantly he still has a slim shot at GOAT (Kobe does not), said he is most dominant since Shaq and he rings 1 more time I'm ready to bump Bird from my all-time Sf spot. But just because you like the guy and hate Kobe or Dwight be fair. No way should he not have fouls for weeks and this comment about scoring titles while true ...reeks of bruised ego. Part of the love he gets as a player is for his Magic like selflessness this quote doesn't jibe with that. Yall can hate who you want and applaud how you want just don't be hypocritical ...LeBron is the best player on the planet and may someday be GOAT so if scoring doesn't matter to him why does he keep addressing it this way whether he was aked or not? I love his game but hate his need to be validated in the media ...

monosylab1k
12-24-2012, 10:30 AM

Derrick Rose was MVP the year Dallas beat Miami

Clipper Nation
12-24-2012, 10:35 AM
LeBron has the torch but I love how so many laud LeBron for making the Finals with Cavs but fail to give Dwight similar credit.
Dwight's supporting cast and coach were a million times better than LeBron's, tbh....

Or shit on Kobe for his uneven Finals performances, but let James slide on his.
Who has ever let LeBron slide on his playoff performances? Even now, he still gets called a "choker" by ignorant fans tbh.... meanwhile, Kobe vanishes against Indiana, gets owned by Tayshaun Prince, quits against the Suns, gets blown out in one series-clincher against the Celtics and shoots 6-24 in the other one, and gets swept by the Mavs after guaranteeing a series victory, and still gets referred to as "clutch"...

Killakobe81
12-24-2012, 11:12 AM
Dwight's supporting cast and coach were a million times better than LeBron's, tbh....

Who has ever let LeBron slide on his playoff performances? Even now, he still gets called a "choker" by ignorant fans tbh.... meanwhile, Kobe vanishes against Indiana, gets owned by Tayshaun Prince, quits against the Suns, gets blown out in one series-clincher against the Celtics and shoots 6-24 in the other one, and gets swept by the Mavs after guaranteeing a series victory, and still gets referred to as "clutch"...

Agree on the coach being better (obviously) but Brown's team all played defense. I also agree that Magic team was better but not by as much as you make it sound. There have been plenty of crappy teams that made the Finals including the Nets teams that the Lakers and spurs beat up on last decade. All im saying is Lebron's feat was impressive but dont see why he deserves SO MUCH MORE praise than Kidd, Dwight etc. that accomplished the same. But Im not gonna sit her and argue who had the worst cast it doesnt matter. The credit I gave Lebron early was for destroying and aging but still elite Pistons team. I gave him crap for not ringing when he has been the best player for the past 4 years at least (and the other Cavs teams that had HCA were pretty good ...overrated bit very good) and gave him his props for realizing the potential he showed back inthat first ECF.

As for Kobe I agree sometimes he does some confounding crap which you summarized well. It's why Magic is still my all-time favorite Laker (but hard to argue Kobe has not surpassed him) ... but when it comes to who is greater I dont let Magic's womanizing or kissing Isiah or Kobe's feud with shaq cloud my judgment. And again this was not about Kobe, Im just pointing out because (ESPN radio guys were talking about this last week) Lebron gets love because he not only is better than Kobe (at this stage and maybe just period) PARTLY because he smiles, his team-mates seem to love him stuff that should matter some but should not be why he deseves unfair bias whether it be from fans, media etc. There are great players that I did not like .. Bird, McHaleJerry Rice, Joe Montana, Karl Malone, Stockton, Rodman I have all despised because they were great players that rivaled teams I rooted for. But I always respected those gusy even though Malone played dirty and abandoned his daughter (bird too). You know why? Because they aint my daddy and I respect the game of basketball and can appreciate great players and talent even if those guys are good guys or good team-mates or not.

If you check my history I strick up for the gunners (except AI) more than most. I have defended Nique, Melo,Bernard King, Russ Westbrook, Derek Rose and Kobe because I think many hate onthem because they hate guys that are volume scorers ... but ignore the other aspects those guys bring. Competitiveness, drawing double teams etc. I guess because I was a role playing defensive unselfish guy I RESPECT the hell out of the guys that could score even when i played great defense ...

TDMVPDPOY
12-24-2012, 11:21 AM
h2h matches, lebron leads kobe...

Killakobe81
12-24-2012, 11:21 AM
I may be a bit diffrent but I played with a gunner in HS but it never bothered me as long as:
1. We won, I always wanted to win. My Career high was only 16 points but I rarely lost ... oou gunner Mustafa (IIRC) he got most of the glory and that was fine we also had a good PG and SF that scored so I rebounded and blocked shots and made high low or backdoor passes.
2. They at least tried on defense.
3. They wouldnt pull that (which Kobe does at times) dont pass you the rock and when they surprise you by passing it get mad when you are not expecting teh pass and it leads to a turnover ...

Killakobe81
12-24-2012, 11:24 AM
h2h matches, lebron leads kobe...

True ... but who cares? If it were different (kobe leading) would that mean that Kobe was better? Kobe has 5 rings to James 1 does that make Kobe better? That stuff only matters if the players are close and maybe when it's all said and done MAYBE Lebron will be so much greater than Kobe none of that will matter ...

But for now ... 5>1

Just teasing ...

lefty
12-24-2012, 12:31 PM
Of course of course Lebron would score more than Kobe if he wanted too, anybody knows that

Duh !

Koolaid_Man
12-24-2012, 12:42 PM
Of course of course Lebron would score more than Kobe if he wanted too, anybody knows that

Duh !

^ unproven analysis...thus we far we have Lebron Spur fan boys pontificating wildly...while we have Kobe historians meticulously scribing the truth...:lol

when Lebron shows he can do this then we can talk..

Kobe:81 points in a game. 62 in 3 qtrs. 42 in one half. 4 straight 50+games. 9 straight 40+games. Most game winning shots of all time at 37. only player with two 60pt games without playing 40 minutes. 11 straight 35+games. Averaged 35ppg in a season. Kobe's highest scoring games are 81, 65, 62, 61, and 60. LeBron never scored 60.

Koolaid_Man
12-24-2012, 12:52 PM
and lefty..this is for the visual effect...and ohhh also just because I want to be an asshole this morning...:lol

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a68/Koolbreezey/Kobe%20Gifs/KBrun.jpg