PDA

View Full Version : Mavs: Dallas has released Derek Fisher (mutual)

irishock
12-22-2012, 05:46 PM
The Dallas Mavericks and Derek Fisher are parting company by mutual consent, team sources told ESPN.

The Mavericks on Saturday agreed to release Fisher at the 38-year-old's request, according to the sources.

The move has actually been in the works for a few days, sources said, but the Mavericks asked Fisher to stay with the team until another point guard could be secured. Fisher consented to stay on and played Tuesday night against Philadelphia, only to suffer a strained patellar tendon in his right knee early in the Mavs' home win.

The Mavericks, sources said, will be calling up Chris Douglas-Roberts from the Frisco-based Texas Legends to replace Fisher. Widely rated as the top current NBA prospect in the D-League, Douglas-Roberts is scheduled to play for the Legends in Saturday night's home game against Iowa before joining the Mavericks on Sunday in San Antonio.

In nine games as a Maverick after signing Nov. 29, Fisher averaged 8.6 points and 3.6 assists in just over 25 minutes per game.

The Mavericks are eager to see if Douglas-Roberts can give them the backcourt scoring and penetration they've been seeking after his time in the NBA's developmental league, but sources said that Dallas is likewise expected to continue exploring potential trade options to strengthen its point guard position, which has been a problem all season.

After the November release of Delonte West, projected starter Darren Collison has been in and out of favor, prompting Dallas to bring in Fisher. Inconsistent youngsters Dominique Jones and Rodrigue Beaubois are the Mavs' other current options at the point.
The Dallas Mavericks and Derek Fisher are parting company by mutual consent, team sources told ESPN.

The Mavericks on Saturday agreed to release Fisher at the 38-year-old's request, according to the sources.

The move has actually been in the works for a few days, sources said, but the Mavericks asked Fisher to stay with the team until another point guard could be secured. Fisher consented to stay on and played Tuesday night against Philadelphia, only to suffer a strained patellar tendon in his right knee early in the Mavs' home win.

The Mavericks, sources said, will be calling up Chris Douglas-Roberts from the Frisco-based Texas Legends to replace Fisher. Widely rated as the top current NBA prospect in the D-League, Douglas-Roberts is scheduled to play for the Legends in Saturday night's home game against Iowa before joining the Mavericks on Sunday in San Antonio.

In nine games as a Maverick after signing Nov. 29, Fisher averaged 8.6 points and 3.6 assists in just over 25 minutes per game.

The Mavericks are eager to see if Douglas-Roberts can give them the backcourt scoring and penetration they've been seeking after his time in the NBA's developmental league, but sources said that Dallas is likewise expected to continue exploring potential trade options to strengthen its point guard position, which has been a problem all season.

After the November release of Delonte West, projected starter Darren Collison has been in and out of favor, prompting Dallas to bring in Fisher. Inconsistent youngsters Dominique Jones and Rodrigue Beaubois are the Mavs' other current options at the point.

:lol no one wants to play in Dallas

Paranoid Pop
12-22-2012, 05:52 PM
Dirk shouldn't come back tbh.

irishock
12-22-2012, 05:55 PM
Cuban should sell the team to someone who would actually build a contender

baseline bum
12-22-2012, 05:58 PM
It's ok man, they got French Allah. Class act by Fish demanding to go back to LA for his family. :cry :cry :cry

Jodelo
12-22-2012, 06:00 PM
Good copy/paste job...

Trainwreck2100
12-22-2012, 06:00 PM
so he's gonna be backing up Nash?

monosylab1k
12-22-2012, 06:48 PM
Why the hell do teams give in to this faggot's every demand? He signed a contract and he needs to fucking live up to it.

irishock
12-22-2012, 06:58 PM
Why the hell do teams give in to this faggot's every demand? He signed a contract and he needs to fucking live up to it.

Dallas' PR situation isn't too good right now.

Seventyniner
12-22-2012, 07:38 PM
so he's gonna be backing up Nash?

jeebus
12-22-2012, 07:42 PM
:lol this ###### using his :cryfamily:cry again to get back to LA.

dunkman
12-22-2012, 09:30 PM
The Mavs have bad luck with ex Lakers players tbh.

12-22-2012, 11:22 PM
heading back to the lakers?

Girasuck
12-23-2012, 12:26 AM
And we were classless for booing this asshole?

monosylab1k
12-23-2012, 12:41 AM
And we were classless for booing this asshole?

No, you were classless for mocking his daughter as you booed. Jazz fans had every right to boo his ass but they went over the line by going after his daughter.

HeatChamps
12-23-2012, 12:49 AM
How is that classless? I would do the same if I were a Jazz fan.

DPG21920
12-23-2012, 01:07 AM
No, you were classless for mocking his daughter as you booed. Jazz fans had every right to boo his ass but they went over the line by going after his daughter.

:lol There is some sweet irony about people on ST discussing crossing the line.

Malik Hairston
12-23-2012, 06:08 AM
:lol what does DUNCANownsKOBE think of Fisher's daughter?..

TheRealCB
12-23-2012, 06:28 AM
:lol There is some sweet irony about people on ST discussing crossing the line.

:lol

TDMVPDPOY
12-23-2012, 06:42 AM
for the jazz

did you they outpaid his contract or just rescind it?

Capt Bringdown
12-23-2012, 07:04 AM
Kobe's scared that he can't win without Fisher, so a call was made.

Latarian Milton
12-23-2012, 07:35 AM
u seem to have forgotten about the other occupation he currently holds in the players association tbh

Girasuck
12-23-2012, 12:25 PM

Hahaha...one fucking fan in an arena ceiling shot and you're saying all of us did it? Pathetic. You're a damn fool if you think that's true.

He was booed for all the right reasons.

DPG21920
12-23-2012, 12:31 PM
Mav fan is funny. They talk the most horrific sh*t online, to where if their real families and friends read the vile stuff they would instantaneously disown them. They also cheer when Terry nut punches a former Mav in Michael Finley like that isn't crossing the line (just in general, not even considering Finley was a huge part of their franchise) and then get up in arms when a few UTA fans "cross the line" when booing one of the most snake moves in the history of the league.

Wow.

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-23-2012, 12:54 PM
I'm inclined to agree with DEEEEP here. Nothing the Utah fans did was really that bad, especially compared to the shit we post on this site.

Btw DEEEEP, I might be receiving a job offer in Dallas and if I do it's good enough that I'm accepting it on the spot. Where do you recommend a young business professional scro live in Dallas if he's working downtown?

Stalin
12-23-2012, 12:56 PM
so sick of seeing this annoying nigroons face, just retire already

DPG21920
12-23-2012, 01:11 PM
I'm inclined to agree with DEEEEP here. Nothing the Utah fans did was really that bad, especially compared to the shit we post on this site.

Btw DEEEEP, I might be receiving a job offer in Dallas and if I do it's good enough that I'm accepting it on the spot. Where do you recommend a young business professional scro live in Dallas if he's working downtown?

Need to know a few questions: what is your budget, do you want to rent or own, do you like partying or not...

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-23-2012, 01:18 PM
Need to know a few questions: what is your budget, do you want to rent or own, do you like partying or not...

My budget is gonna be around 50k a year so I'll be renting (I guess my rental budget is like 1k a month or so give or take a few hundred). I like to party and be rebellion.

Samuel Eto'o
12-23-2012, 01:26 PM
Mav fan is funny. They talk the most horrific sh*t online, to where if their real families and friends read the vile stuff they would instantaneously disown them. They also cheer when Terry nut punches a former Mav in Michael Finley like that isn't crossing the line (just in general, not even considering Finley was a huge part of their franchise) and then get up in arms when a few UTA fans "cross the line" when booing one of the most snake moves in the history of the league.

Wow.

ST is serious business guys

DPG21920
12-23-2012, 01:41 PM
Well, :lol you are going to make this tough. I was going to suggest The Village (mid-town) or Uptown. $1000 a month probably won't get you something you love, but you can find places with good locations. If you're willing to go up a couple hundred, you can get a great location and nice place (to me it's worth it..)

The Village is an area of Dallas about 7-10 miles outside of downtown. It's called The Village because it's a group of about 7 different apartment complexes that are all owned by the same company I believe. It's where a lot of young professionals live/SMU students. There is a country club with a pool that goes HAM in the summer +gym that all Village residents get access to. They have higher end apartments (The Dakota, Westside can get a 1b/1b here staring at $1200 or so I bet ), mid-quality (Northbridge - 1b/1b probably $750-850) and pretty basic properties (The Lakes, The Cliffs, everything else..1b/1b $675-$725). Very good location with a lot more economically feasible rental properties. It's' kind of where the financially responsible young professionals live. It's right off of the major highway (US 75) and close to a lot of really cool areas (The jogging trail/little lake in The Village, Lower Greenville with cool bars, SMU really close, malls & Uptown/Downtown close). I lived in and around the Village for a couple years and loved it. Started at The Lakes, moved up into Northbridge and then a new townhome that was right across the street from The Village (Grand Reserve), but was not technically part of the Village so I didn't get the country club membership...Those are more pricey, but damn nice and big (http://www.livegrandreserve.com/dallas/grand-reserve/launch-check-availability/1/). Plenty of the basics in walking distance (Tom Thumb Grocery, Target, Wal*Mart, Central Market (like a whole foods if youre not familiar) ). Overall great area for your price range and working downtown.

Uptown is a more rich part of town with a lot more "immediate" night life. A little more upity, but cool bars/restaurants and condos/apts. It's about 3 miles closer to downtown than the Village too. (The Village..........Uptown........Downtown). Very close to Katy Trail (if you like to run/bike ride, great place with tons of young people always working out and there are bars there too). Might not be in your budget, but if youre willing to go up in price a little might be perfect for you.

I personally like the crowd in the Village a bit more. In the Village a lot more economic places to live, same vibe and they have the higher end options if you want them (like my townhouse). That same townhouse in Uptown would be at least 20% more expensive IMO. Downtown is highly likely to be out of your price range and tbh, I don't think downtown Dallas is an awesome place to live. It's cool, but Austin downtown>>>>>>>>>>>Dallas IMO.

Some cool places in Uptown (http://www.apartments.com/Texas/Dallas/Post-Katy-Trail/840050?searchCriteria=Eu/8P92HrhzxINcof5W4gKhu1HinaO42CDWBRwjSH21Jtmg/u9rlC3HoTuEyecBcie4iIGAQd7UetQ5d7ukJjHRPOF8phvBdhg XzKFt3SwrIoD4zUxvHfFqr-|FxrTpgwofqcNVUwa6CtunGiag5tTQYmaQ/RsHITJ4ap4vu5jlcMBXq/zUUQ-|A==&sid=e11341fc-76cf-4268-849e-3ba23b5a29d0&stype=seo%20neighborhood%20search) should give you an idea..

monosylab1k
12-23-2012, 01:43 PM

Wow.

A few months ago i handed my life over to Jesus and disowned my past life. I'd appreciate you not bringing it up. God Bless.

Bill_Brasky
12-23-2012, 01:45 PM
Fisher is a **** who pulls **** moves.

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-23-2012, 01:45 PM
Thanks. Sounds like I should look at the village once I get the offer.

DPG21920
12-23-2012, 01:48 PM
Thanks. Sounds like I should look at the village once I get the offer.

Cant go wrong with Village or Uptown. For $1000-1500 should get a nice to damn nice place. They have 1b/1.5b townhomes where I lived that are by far the nicest places "in the village" for about $1450 (not sure if they will negotiate), but definitely worth a look if you can afford it as they are pretty nice/modern/new. I lived in a 2b/2.5b and really enjoyed it. If you can get a roommate then it is about $900 a month each which is nice.

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-23-2012, 01:50 PM
A few months ago i handed my life over to Jesus and disowned my past life. I'd appreciate you not bringing it up. God Bless.

:lmao

DD
12-23-2012, 01:51 PM
Hope he comes back home so we can cryogenically freeze him until the playoffs. He'll be our Simon Phoenix.

DPG21920
12-23-2012, 01:58 PM
He doesn't know how to use the sea shells.

DD
12-23-2012, 02:01 PM
What's your boggle?

DPG21920
12-23-2012, 02:03 PM
People who don't know and love that movie aren't people I want to hang out with.

timvp
12-23-2012, 02:19 PM
Hol' up (heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy).

So let me get this straight:

-Nobody wants Fisher.

-He starts the season out of the league.

-The Mavs tire of Darren Collison's mistakes.

-The Mavs sign Fisher and INSTANTLY give him a starting job ... even though he's 38 and barely still an NBA caliber player.

-The Lakers lose both of their point guards to injury and are forced to go with two scrubs in Chris Duhon and that Morris character.

-Fisher, even though he was gifted a starting role on a team that will likely make the playoffs, wants out so he can rescue Kobe and the Lakers again.

-He tells the Mavs he wants to be waived. The Mavs tell him to hang tight and wait for them to secure someone else.

-Fisher starts pulling his typical "family" cards for why he should be released from his contract. Same BS as the previous times.

-The basketball gods finally have enough and strike him down with a double dose of karma: a knee injury and a Steve Nash return ahead of schedule.

-The Mavs kick his injured azz to the curb.

-Fisher now doesn't make sense for the Lakers due to his injury and Nash's return.

:lmao Sounds like a combination of Cuban and the basketball gods trolled him. I'm glad Cuban didn't give him his release sooner. Fisher is a world class babysitter and probably could end Kobe's petulance and get him back to playing nice with his teammates again. Nice job, Cubes, though it would have been even better if you just benched him for the season so there's no chance he can latch onto the Lakers again.

irishock
12-23-2012, 02:22 PM

-Nobody wants Fisher.

-The Mavs sign Fisher and INSTANTLY give him a starting job ... even though he's 38 and barely still an NBA caliber player.

-The Lakers lose both of their point guards to injury and are forced to go with two scrubs in Chris Duhon and that Morris character.

-Fisher, even though he was gifted a starting role on a team that will likely make the playoffs, wants out so he can rescue Kobe and the Lakers again.

-He tells the Mavs he wants to be waived. The Mavs tell him to hang tight and wait for them to secure someone else.

-Fisher starts pulling his typical "family" cards for why he should be released from his contract. Same BS as the previous times.

-The basketball gods finally have enough and strike him down with a double dose of karma: a knee injury and a Steve Nash return ahead of schedule.

-Fisher now doesn't make sense for the Lakers due to his injury and Nash's return.

:lmao Sounds like a combination of Cuban and the basketball gods trolled him. I'm glad Cuban didn't give him his release sooner. Fisher is a world class babysitter and probably could end Kobe's petulance and get him back to playing nice with his teammates again. Nice job, Cubes, though it would have been even better if you just benched him for the season so there's no chance he can latch onto the Lakers again.

:lol

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-23-2012, 02:23 PM

-Nobody wants Fisher.

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/185tnmdarm21dgif/original.gif

Jodelo
12-23-2012, 02:24 PM
He may even faked the injury...

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-23-2012, 02:41 PM
:lol this ###### using his :cryfamily:cry again to get back to LA.

I just realized jeebus is banned.....wtf did he do?

Samuel Eto'o
12-23-2012, 02:42 PM
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/185tnmdarm21dgif/original.gif

mavs>spurs
12-23-2012, 02:58 PM

Wow.

mavs>spurs
12-23-2012, 02:59 PM
sup dpg you little short shit? dunking on any nigga's lately spudd webb style?

(don't respond with anything smartass)

oh hi

DPG21920
12-23-2012, 03:06 PM
Nah, I had to change my game as I have aged since leaving Dallas. I now hit so many 3's and just focus on dropping dimes and gambling for steals so I average about 3 a game.

mavs>spurs
12-23-2012, 03:13 PM
i'm in the process of trying to change mine too, i'm getting old as well :cry

i'm like derek swisher before he got SUPER old, i play surprisingly good scrappy defense by positioning and being physical

mavs>spurs
12-23-2012, 03:17 PM
shieeeet, last time i played i got BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURNED by big SPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENCE just ask bump imho he knows who i'm tombout