PDA

View Full Version : Kings suspend DeMarcus Cousins

RD2191
12-22-2012, 06:37 PM
Would he fit on the Spurs if Sac wanted to get rid of him? maybe trade some of our players? I know he probably still wants to fight Sean Elliott but maybe they can work things out. lol. thoughts?

benefactor
12-22-2012, 06:40 PM
:lol

I knew this was coming.

therealtruth
12-22-2012, 06:47 PM
Would the Kings be willing to trade him? I think he really needs to be on a veteran team.

RD2191
12-22-2012, 06:48 PM
I have no clue, i mean he is a head case but maybe a coach like pop could guide him.

objective
12-22-2012, 06:56 PM
Even if the Spurs wanted him and were willing to part with something the Kings wanted (Kawhi?) . . . I'd imagine the Kings would demand the Spurs take on Salmons' garbage contract. That would be the deal-killer right there. 33 year old who can't defend and shoots 39% from the field. Making 8 this year and 7.6 next.

No thanks.

Seventyniner
12-22-2012, 06:59 PM
Talented, sure, but Cousins would really hurt team chemistry and would take the Spurs out of contention this year given what they would have to give up.

spurraider21
12-22-2012, 07:06 PM
No

JonNOKC
12-22-2012, 07:32 PM
First - I don't think the Kings have any real interest in moving Cousins at least not moving him on the cheap, but if that was the case - The Spurs would have to take a look

If you could get a talented young big for a package of SJ, Blair, pick(s), and maybe some other filler, then taking on a bad contract like Salmons is a no brainer. Demarcus is all bark and no bite, I really think on a winning team with veteran leadership and a coach like Pop you would have no real issues outside of normal growing pains (basketball IQ improvement/maturity) that most young players must learn.

cd021
12-22-2012, 08:08 PM
First - I don't think the Kings have any real interest in moving Cousins at least not moving him on the cheap, but if that was the case - The Spurs would have to take a look

If you could get a talented young big for a package of SJ, Blair, pick(s), and maybe some other filler, then taking on a bad contract like Salmons is a no brainer. Demarcus is all bark and no bite, I really think on a winning team with veteran leadership and a coach like Pop you would have no real issues outside of normal growing pains (basketball IQ improvement/maturity) that most young players must learn.

He is eligible for a contract extension after this season. Thats going to be interesting to see how much he is rewarded for immature and talented at the same time.

benstanfield
12-22-2012, 08:58 PM
He is eligible for a contract extension after this season. Thats going to be interesting to see how much he is rewarded for immature and talented at the same time.

Kings can tank and drive down the price at the same time.

AFBlue
12-22-2012, 09:26 PM
Not that this means anything, but I recall the Spurs had interest in Cousins during the pre-draft process. Too bad the Kings would want Kawhi.

Thomas82
12-22-2012, 09:28 PM
It's a shame that he's on the verge of wasting all of that talent.

SpursRock20
12-22-2012, 09:35 PM
Kawhi > Cousins

Brunodf
12-22-2012, 09:38 PM
Hell no

KL2
12-22-2012, 11:37 PM
Cousins is immature as hell, however the whole Sacramento Kings team is as well, nearly every single player on their team makes an idiot out of themselves. The Spurs on the other hand it's a whole different situation where we've got nothing but you know CLASS (classiest team in the league) a bunch of vets, and the Spurs are actually winning. A different change of scenery from a losing organization filled with immature teammates to what the Spurs are is dramatic.

Cousins definitely respects Duncan, and I think if there is a franchise that could bring the best out of Cousins it's the Spurs.

JonNOKC
12-23-2012, 12:13 AM
Obviously any talk of Spurs acquiring Cousins is more of a fairy tale than fact - I do think if Pop is truly committed to the Duncan/Splitter starting combo then there is added need and pressure for Spurs to make move for big. While I agree with Tiago and Timmy being on court together (and I think thats true of most of us here), that starting combo does have its negatives. The Spurs lose ALOT of rebounding and defense when they go to the bench, and the way Pop has done frontcourt rotations they don't get as much time together on the court as they should becuase Pop doesn't really want to sit both at the same time at all. I can't complain about the status quo as we no doubt will again be pretty high seed heading into playoffs, but I would prefer the FO to be aggressive even at the chance of that backfiring, resulting in early playoff exit. The bottom line is if most teams in west are healthy come playoff teams I don't really see anyway the Spurs make finals as team is currently constructed.

sasffl
12-23-2012, 12:16 AM
Until Kings waive Cousin, spurs are unlikely to get him

Thomas82
12-23-2012, 12:24 AM

I believe this is the straw that broke the camel's back. If a team suspends you indefinitely and bans you from coming around the team, then it's obvious that they are done with you.....for good. Oh, and the Kings came close to renouncing Cousins's draft rights in 2010 after they picked him, so this is no surprise to me at all.

JonNOKC
12-23-2012, 12:35 AM
Until Kings waive Cousin, spurs are unlikely to get him

I think if the Kings waived Cuisins then the Spurs would have almost no chance of getting him (other teams with more money and sexier destinations) - If the Spurs have any chance I think it would have to be through trade and given the Kings situation they would value more cap flexibility, proven younger talent, and/or draft picks. I don't think any teams will want to give up a proven young player for Demarcus given his background. The Spurs only really have cap flexibilty to offer Kings (give up SJ,Blair for Cousins/Salmons for example), althought I would definitely be willing to part with two first rounders I still doubt that would entice the Kings as any 1st round pick from the Spurs in the next three years will probably be 20th or worst.

Beanzamillion21
12-23-2012, 01:07 AM
Come to SA big guy

Beanzamillion21
12-23-2012, 01:09 AM
I think if the Kings waived Cuisins then the Spurs would have almost no chance of getting him (other teams with more money and sexier destinations) - If the Spurs have any chance I think it would have to be through trade and given the Kings situation they would value more cap flexibility, proven younger talent, and/or draft picks. I don't think any teams will want to give up a proven young player for Demarcus given his background. The Spurs only really have cap flexibilty to offer Kings (give up SJ,Blair for Cousins/Salmons for example), althought I would definitely be willing to part with two first rounders I still doubt that would entice the Kings as any 1st round pick from the Spurs in the next three years will probably be 20th or worst.

Arn't Cousins and Blair big time bros? Maybe he will come for that.

sasffl
12-23-2012, 01:58 AM
You're right. I think Jason Thompson is more available now cause Kings select Thomas Robinson this year. Kings have too much talent in the paint. But even we offer Sjax, they're not interested. They've already have 6 wings. So the best way for spurs to get a decent big is waiting for somebody who is waived by his team

mathbzh
12-23-2012, 03:30 AM

How much is McGee making?

racm
12-23-2012, 03:42 AM
How much is McGee making?

11 million a year, but McGee's not a locker room cancer, just a monkeyballer.

Captivus
12-23-2012, 07:35 AM
The worst part is the effect this has on my Fantasy League!

venitian navigator
12-23-2012, 10:05 AM
His agent is now Fagan.
No way he's gonna ask for a reasonable contract when his deal expire.

rascal
12-23-2012, 11:16 AM
He is too talented of a big man to end up in San Antonio.

exstatic
12-23-2012, 11:29 AM

I knew this was coming.

TDMVPDPOY
12-23-2012, 11:44 AM
someone would overpay for this scrub....

imo should look at thompson...or another big somewhere else, maybe that NOH white big who likes to hand out hard fouls is an interesting prospect

Bill_Brasky
12-23-2012, 11:56 AM
Fuck to the naw on this guy. GNSF being dumb per par

DPG21920
12-23-2012, 12:24 PM

If you're saying no because there is no realistic shot, then GNSF is dumb.

If you're saying no hypothetically because you don't think he would help, then that is a different story...

Bill_Brasky
12-23-2012, 01:21 PM
No, I don't think that a player who is legitimately psycho would help the Spurs.

therealtruth
12-23-2012, 01:35 PM
No, I don't think that a player who is legitimately psycho would help the Spurs.

I think being in a mature environment would have a good effect on him and playing with established vets and coaches.

JonNOKC
12-23-2012, 01:48 PM
again I think the vast majority of posters here would say that there is no chance of spurs getting Cousins, BUT if the Kings were willing to move him on the cheap (example of SJ and couple fillers for DC and Salmons) then the Spurs would have to take look - whether psycho or not - his talent is undeniable and he would immediately be the best big on the Spurs from strictly a talent/athleticism standpoint

I am not a Cousins fan by any means but the only way the Spurs will sniff a young big with legitimate lottery talent in the next 3-5 years would be this type of situation.

DPG21920
12-23-2012, 01:53 PM

Well, then I don't know what to say. He's undeniably talented and is exactly the type of risk (in theory) Spurs would need to take (and have it pan out) in order to legitimately boost their title chances. Spurs need a pretty decent infusion of young talent and he fits the bill.

It's out of the question though so pointless to discuss outside of hypothetically.

JP le Requin
12-23-2012, 02:59 PM
me too i wish this kind of player (without his stupis mind)
but what will we do if cousins want the last shot to win a game 7 in PO..? i mean POP will give this buzzer beater to duncan, gino or tp even neal or green...but if cousins want to make it...and miss it..

is he really a cancer, impredicatable? etc? i am afraid about this

cd021
12-23-2012, 05:04 PM

He aint about the spurs life.

BackHome
12-23-2012, 05:26 PM
He will end up in NJ or NY.

lefty
12-23-2012, 09:43 PM
Tweets

22 Dec (https://twitter.com/FakeCoachPop/status/282604778272477184) https://twimg0-a.akamaihd.net/profile_images/480263134/POP2_normal.gif Gregory Popovich ‏@FakeCoachPop (https://twitter.com/FakeCoachPop)
DM: @GavMaloof (https://twitter.com/GavMaloof) Your headache for my ginger. Cousins for Bonner. Page Me if interested.

PÒÓCH
12-24-2012, 12:29 AM
He's fat,he's a pinhead,he's an unpolished unproffessional overrated hothead. No thanks. Why is it that the minute any team releases or suspends any half witted numnut these forums immediately contemplate a trade or acquisition?

12-24-2012, 05:52 AM
cousins on the spurs would be an entertaining experiment that i would like to see. it would be the ultimate test for pop and the spurs' system. and if zbo can find solace on the grizzlies, there is hope for cousins.

exstatic
12-24-2012, 07:34 AM
I think being in a mature environment would have a good effect on him and playing with established vets and coaches.

That's a nice thought, but likely wrong. Pop is WAY more an asshole than Westphal, and Cousins clashed with him pretty much daily. Everyone said a coaching change would make things better. It hasn't. He's just fighting with a new coach.

The bottom line is that DeMarcus is pretty much a petulant child, and Pop wants grownups on the team.

exstatic
12-24-2012, 07:43 AM
cousins on the spurs would be an entertaining experiment that i would like to see. it would be the ultimate test for pop and the spurs' system. and if zbo can find solace on the grizzlies, there is hope for cousins.

Zach Randolph found his place in the Grizzlies in his NINTH season in the league. DC is in his third.

gee
12-24-2012, 08:21 AM
Don't think I could stand watching the Spurs as much any more if I had to watch that bitch pout his way up and down the court every game. Bringing this asshole into the team would be the equivalent of intentionally inhaling mustard gas.

spurspokesman
12-24-2012, 08:24 AM

I knew this was coming.+1

spurspokesman
12-24-2012, 08:27 AM
[in San AntQUOTE=rascal;6259979]He is too talented of a big man to end up onio.[/QUOTE]

this

lefty
12-24-2012, 10:02 AM
He just fired his agent and replaced him

really trying to get out of Sacto I guess

Hoops Czar
12-24-2012, 10:25 AM
No, I don't think that a player who is legitimately psycho would help the Spurs.Right. And S-jax is a friggin choir boy. What a weak ass take.

Bill_Brasky
12-24-2012, 11:50 AM
Right. And S-jax is a friggin choir boy. What a weak ass take.

:lol comparing Jackson and Cousins. Cousins is legitimately mentally unstable while Jack was just a thuggish dude.

Jackson = teammate who will go into the stands and fight for a fellow teammate
Cousins = crybaby who cries and cries so much when he doesn't get the ball that his teammates force feed him just to shut him up.

Also, :lol at the guy who called a Cavs sweep in 07 calling out anyone.

spursnatic
12-24-2012, 12:35 PM
He is too talented of a big man to end up in San Antonio.
WTF you mean by that?..We have had 2 of the Best Big Men to ever play the Game..TD IMO the Best PF ever hands down..Malone has the points to back it up, but not the Rings...TD best ever

BackHome
12-24-2012, 01:06 PM
I remember when this fool got drafted all the hype came with all the the statements that ended with "But". It was stupid to draft him with all of his problems and now they get what they deserve...

Embedded
12-24-2012, 02:30 PM
I wouldn't mind McGee, he's a goof but a lovable goof. Cousins is a real joke, I have never seen a grown man being paid millions pout like a 4 year old like him. It is embarassing. Then for him to be repeatedly call Sean ****** 'immature' made him look even worse. Look at VInce Young in the NFL. Cousins makes Vince look like an elder statesman maturity-wise. WIth all Vince's talent he is unemployed and begging Larry Fitzgerald to tell his coach that Vince deserves a shot. Cousins' immature antics have likely peed away tens of millions of dollars from his future 'estate'. What a waste. Needs a father figure BAD.

Gagnrath
12-24-2012, 02:48 PM
The reason why the spurs come up in talks for the talented but unstable is because they are a stable franchise with leadership in need of athletic talent. Taking a risk on your ability to rehabilitate troubled people is a way to get talented people inexpensively.

JonNOKC
12-24-2012, 03:39 PM
I wouldn't mind McGee, he's a goof but a lovable goof. Cousins is a real joke, I have never seen a grown man being paid millions pout like a 4 year old like him. It is embarassing. Then for him to be repeatedly call Sean ****** 'immature' made him look even worse. Look at VInce Young in the NFL. Cousins makes Vince look like an elder statesman maturity-wise. WIth all Vince's talent he is unemployed and begging Larry Fitzgerald to tell his coach that Vince deserves a shot. Cousins' immature antics have likely peed away tens of millions of dollars from his future 'estate'. What a waste. Needs a father figure BAD.

The problem with the above comparison is Demarcus Cousins has already shown he has the skillset to be one of the best big man in the league. Vince Young is and has always been a border line starting QB in the NFL. I think everyone understands that DC may never get in the right place mentally to be the consistent All-Star big he should be, but there is also a good chance that put in the right situation he will get it turned around. If SJax never comes to SanAntonio his career path would of been much different. For every turnaround story there are two or three guys that never grow up.

This thread is pretty much worthless as I think even given the current situation Cousins demands more than the Spurs have or are willing to offer, BUT I can't imagine why any Spurs fan would not be willing to take a gamble on DC if the price was right.

PingPong
12-24-2012, 04:00 PM
Kings reinstate DeMarcus Cousins

Updated: December 24, 2012, 3:32 PM ET
Associated Press

SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- The Sacramento Kings (http://espn.go.com/nba/team/_/name/sac/sacramento-kings) have reinstated center DeMarcus Cousins (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/4258/demarcus-cousins) after a one-game suspension for "unprofessional behavior and conduct detrimental to the team."
Cousins practiced with the Kings on Monday. Cousins and Kings coach Keith Smart exchanged words in the locker room during halftime of Sacramento's loss at the Los Angeles Clippers (http://espn.go.com/nba/team/_/name/lac/los-angeles-clippers) on Friday night. Smart benched Cousins for the entire second half and ordered him to remain in the locker room.
Cousins' suspension initially was termed indefinite.
The 22-year-old Cousins has been suspended two other times by the NBA this season because of his conduct.
He was not with Sacramento during the team's 108-96 home win against Portland on Sunday night. Cousins is averaging a team-high 16.6 points and 9.5 rebounds.

Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press

spurs10
12-24-2012, 04:41 PM
Cousins is a psycho. Literally. The fact that he threatened Sean probably doesn't sit well with Pop and RC I would imagine.

Cry Havoc
12-24-2012, 06:13 PM

Wtf. You think they're going to indefinitely suspend a player for conduct detrimental and want to keep him around?

Mark in Austin
12-24-2012, 06:25 PM
I wonder if this was Maloof interference that got Cousins off indefinite suspension after only one game...

12-24-2012, 07:34 PM
if the spurs have the chance to land a good big, there will be problems that come with it. no one is going to serve up a pau gasol on a silver platter for the spurs. they need to take risks and if cousins wasn't completely dysfunctional, he wouldn't even be available on the market. there isn't going to be a big who can score, rebound, defend, and mentally mature who is going to be gifted to the spurs. there's always going to be something wrong with a player if he's available. unless the spurs want to spend the next 3-5 years in the lottery after duncan retires, they should seriously look at these kind of deals.

Penya
12-24-2012, 08:56 PM

MR-Clutch
12-24-2012, 09:15 PM
If you can get cousins without giving away Leonard or the big 3 it's a no brainer.

Ice009
12-24-2012, 09:48 PM
wow, interesting that the three teams that have called are the Spurs, and two teams that have ex-Spurs as head coaches.

I'll take him if you are not giving up any of the big 3 or Leonard.

The Spurs offer is probably a cheap one though, as I doubt they would offer any integral pieces of the team for him. They'd want to be able to cut him if he doesn't pan out, so I doubt they'd be offering much for him.

RD2191
12-24-2012, 09:51 PM
lol and some people called this a stupid thread

JonNOKC
12-24-2012, 09:53 PM
Wtf. You think they're going to indefinitely suspend a player for conduct detrimental and want to keep him around?

If you read my statement I clarified that I don't think they are ready to move him on the cheap - meaning something the Spurs could give up that doesn't include the big 3 or Kawhi - also they fact that the indefinite suspension lasted a whopping 1 game pretty much backs up that

JonNOKC
12-24-2012, 10:01 PM
I think a Spurs offer would most likely be SJAX + fillers (players/draft picks/rights) for Cousins and one of Kings bad long term contracts (most likely Salmons) possibly Chuck Hayes. I think the interesting part would be what the Spurs would give on the fillers part - player wise any combo of Blair/Bonner is no brainer but would they be willing to include a Neal,Mills, or De Colo. And would they be willing to give up more than one 1st round pick if that was what it took to get job done?

BackHome
12-24-2012, 11:00 PM
Teams might give a first round but I bet it will be protected cause you got less then a 50% chance that he is going to work out for you. The Kings are not going to get much for him so they probably better hurry up and do a trade before things blow up and they get nothing.

Bill_Brasky
12-24-2012, 11:03 PM

Incarcerated bob??? What kind of bullshit source is that?

http://newyorkstateofsports.com/2012/07/23/incarcerated-bob-better-than-espn-or-a-complete-fraud/

Apparently a pretty unreliable one.

Hoops Czar
12-24-2012, 11:24 PM
:lol comparing Jackson and Cousins. Cousins is legitimately mentally unstable while Jack was just a thuggish dude.

Jackson = teammate who will go into the stands and fight for a fellow teammate
Cousins = crybaby who cries and cries so much when he doesn't get the ball that his teammates force feed him just to shut him up.

Also, :lol at the guy who called a Cavs sweep in 07 calling out anyone.

Jackson is the definition of mentally unstable. He'll go into the stands if you look at him half cross-eyed. DC is the best player on the Kings. It would be a travesty if the best player on a pathetic team didn't demand the basketball. Yet, somehow, that comes off as crying. Is Kobe mentally unstable because he demands the basketball? If so, then you really need to get your head out of the clouds.

Ice009
12-24-2012, 11:26 PM
lol, so that source is total bs?

RD2191
12-24-2012, 11:30 PM
maybe he's Chris Broussards source

Bill_Brasky
12-24-2012, 11:36 PM
Jackson is the definition of mentally unstable. He'll go into the stands if you look at him half cross-eyed. DC is the best player on the Kings. It would be a travesty if the best player on a pathetic team didn't demand the basketball. Yet, somehow, that comes off as crying. Is Kobe mentally unstable because he demands the basketball? If so, then you really need to get your head out of the clouds.

No, Jackson was an immature thuggish type who evened out and matured as he aged. Cousins more than likely has some sort of personality disorder.

DPG21920
12-24-2012, 11:44 PM
No, Jackson was an immature thuggish type who evened out and matured as he aged. Cousins more than likely has some sort of personality disorder.

:lol Didn't Jackson just threaten another player on Twitter then respond by taking pictures of his car on Instagram?

Hoops Czar
12-24-2012, 11:47 PM

DC is 22, in his third season. Is he suppose to be mature because S-jax wasn't at that age.

Bill_Brasky
12-25-2012, 12:48 AM
:lol Didn't Jackson just threaten another player on Twitter then respond by taking pictures of his car on Instagram?

Exactly, do you really want somebody on the team who can out-crazy that?

DPG21920
12-25-2012, 12:51 AM
As long as he can shoot the j!

Mal
12-25-2012, 05:48 AM
And Spurs would offer them .... ?

polandprzem
12-25-2012, 06:16 AM
And Spurs would offer them .... ?
250k$

99 Problems
12-25-2012, 06:57 AM
Can he hip hop, rap or moonwalk or something? We gotta be thorough here.

Paranoid Pop
12-25-2012, 07:58 AM
if the spurs have the chance to land a good big, there will be problems that come with it. no one is going to serve up a pau gasol on a silver platter for the spurs. they need to take risks and if cousins wasn't completely dysfunctional, he wouldn't even be available on the market. there isn't going to be a big who can score, rebound, defend, and mentally mature who is going to be gifted to the spurs. there's always going to be something wrong with a player if he's available. unless the spurs want to spend the next 3-5 years in the lottery after duncan retires, they should seriously look at these kind of deals.

Problem is people don't even want to give up a Splitter or a Green to get anyone... Spurs signing a head case happened in the past, Spurs signing someone who forced an exit with his team happened in the past, the altercation with Sean is a deal breaker tho, so as well as the fact that we don't have the young assets needed obviously.

DPG21920
01-04-2013, 07:24 PM
Cousins is a star. There is no doubt about it. If he ever makes the decision to be a good temmate he will be a damn talented guy. Since the suspension, he's played pretty damn well and watching him play closely he is all around talented offensively. Passing, scoring, handling the ball. No way Kings give up on him unless it's a stellar package or he completely flies off the handle.

Chinook
01-04-2013, 07:28 PM
Cousins is a star. There is no doubt about it. If he ever makes the decision to be a good temmate he will be a damn talented guy. Since the suspension, he's played pretty damn well and watching him play closely he is all around talented offensively. Passing, scoring, handling the ball. No way Kings give up on him unless it's a stellar package or he completely flies off the handle.

He can only bite them so many times before they completely lose trust in him. We'll see if they're at the point now.

DPG21920
01-04-2013, 07:57 PM
There are so many guys in the NBA that make Cousins look like a Saint that have stuck around for a long time. He would really have to regress or act the damn fool for a long while before they dump him.

exstatic
01-05-2013, 08:54 AM
Problem is people don't even want to give up a Splitter or a Green to get anyone... Spurs signing a head case happened in the past, Spurs signing someone who forced an exit with his team happened in the past, the altercation with Sean is a deal breaker tho, so as well as the fact that we don't have the young assets needed obviously.

The whole problem with the DeMarcus comparisons to Jack, etc. is that it's MUCH easier to control a role player than someone you may want to build the team around. Jack was brought around the first time here because he was on a two year non-guaranteed contract and could have been cut at a moment's notice, the same tool they actually USED on Devin Brown and Danny Green's first go around with the Spurs. Devin actually missed out on a ring in 2002-2003 by being cut for not being professional. He did come back and ring on the 2005 team.

There is a mistaken idea that the NBA is a players league. It's not. It's a STARS league. Pop can't re-hab a corrupted star, only players without the power of a huge guaranteed deal behind them.

TrainOfThought5
01-05-2013, 09:28 AM
at this point i wouldnt be upset with any combo of Gino neal green splitter bonner combo. its time to make tough decisions.

doldrums
01-05-2013, 10:41 AM
at this point i wouldnt be upset with any combo of Gino neal green splitter bonner combo. its time to make tough decisions.

No team in the NBA wants a combo of Neal/Bonner/Green for any of their elite players, no team! and the Spurs will not trade Gino, he will retire as a spur. I love how when there is a good player on another team that is possible trade bait, calls of blair green bonner neal come rolling from the keyboards of some people here. These gm's are not stupid.

dunkman
01-05-2013, 12:23 PM
If the Spurs can get him without giving Duncan, Parker, Manu, Splitter or Kawhi, Cousins is worth the risk. He's already a borderline all-star talent.

Bill_Brasky
01-05-2013, 12:25 PM
The whole problem with the DeMarcus comparisons to Jack, etc. is that it's MUCH easier to control a role player than someone you may want to build the team around. Jack was brought around the first time here because he was on a two year non-guaranteed contract and could have been cut at a moment's notice, the same tool they actually USED on Devin Brown and Danny Green's first go around with the Spurs. Devin actually missed out on a ring in 2002-2003 by being cut for not being professional. He did come back and ring on the 2005 team.

There is a mistaken idea that the NBA is a players league. It's not. It's a STARS league. Pop can't re-hab a corrupted star, only players without the power of a huge guaranteed deal behind them.

Great point. How can you get the guy to act right when you have no leverage? He could easily say "fuck you guys, I'm not gonna try anymore so you better trade or dump me so I can play somewhere that they'll tolerate my bullshit".

TrainOfThought5
01-05-2013, 12:35 PM
No team in the NBA wants a combo of Neal/Bonner/Green for any of their elite players, no team! and the Spurs will not trade Gino, he will retire as a spur. I love how when there is a good player on another team that is possible trade bait, calls of blair green bonner neal come rolling from the keyboards of some people here. These gm's are not stupid.

not sure why you feel the need to try and "flaunt knowledge" without addressing the fact that i said ANY combo of those players in a hypothetical including Splitter (which u dont mention), and Gino, the least effective of the Big 3, and saying that he is untradeable is ludicrous considering you dont work in the front office and have no clue what theyre thinking and that we traded Bruce Bowen at one point.

TrainOfThought5
01-05-2013, 12:40 PM

and furthermore, Cousins will likely be traded for below market value considering his mental issues and charcter concerns. maybe, JUST maybe thats why the front office called and felt the need to make an offer.
so yes. there is a possibility that the Kings could take a package of the players previously mentioned. AT LEAST enough of a possibility for the Pop to reach out and make a serious offer.

Andthentherewas21
01-05-2013, 01:04 PM
and furthermore, Cousins will likely be traded for below market value considering his mental issues and charcter concerns. maybe, JUST maybe thats why the front office called and felt the need to make an offer.
so yes. there is a possibility that the Kings could take a package of the players previously mentioned. AT LEAST enough of a possibility for the Pop to reach out and make a serious offer.

Your right that if Cousin's is traded it will be for below market value given the situation he has put the Kings in and the league's knowledge of his character deficiencies. Your wrong if you think that the Spurs could/would offer anything significant for him, or that the Kings would take the players you've listed for Cousin's. Given Pop and the FO didn't reach out to Blatche this past off-season, I'm not sure why they would suddenly decide that trading away players and taking back expensive long-term contracts (or else why would the Kings be trading for the Spurs scraps) is a good idea for someone like Cousins, when offering a short-term non-guaranteed contract to a similar type of player in Blatche wasn't a good idea.

DrSteffo
01-05-2013, 03:42 PM
Mental issues should be included in a market value no? Tell me a basketball player who can succeed without a brain? Below talent value is where his market value rightfully should be no? I don't like him and I don't want him to be a Spur.

Mel_13
01-05-2013, 05:19 PM
Cousins is a star. There is no doubt about it. If he ever makes the decision to be a good temmate he will be a damn talented guy.

I'd agree with:

Cousins is a damn talented guy. There is no doubt about it. If he ever makes the decision to be a good teammate he will be a star.

Chinook
01-05-2013, 07:57 PM
I'd agree with:

Cousins is a damn talented guy. There is no doubt about it. If he ever makes the decision to be a good teammate he will be a star.

Yep. I don't think you can be a star without making your teammates better, Kobe jokes notwithstanding.

admiralsnackbar
01-05-2013, 08:26 PM
I'd agree with:

I'm not convinced he has the restraint or perspicacity to become a good team-mate while his talent is at its peak. He seems much more in the mold of a Kwame than the Robert Horry we need to get us to the next level.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-05-2013, 10:49 PM
Cousins is clearly not ready to listen to anyone, has a mental age of about 15.

Until he grows up and starts to listen to people who know better than him, I wouldn't trade for him. Mega-cancer.

Obstructed_View
01-05-2013, 10:57 PM
He's likely to spend his entire career putting up impressive numbers on under-achieving teams, and getting paid near-max money to do so.

Chinook
01-05-2013, 11:06 PM
Sounds like Drew Gooden.

exstatic
01-05-2013, 11:10 PM
He's likely to spend his entire career putting up impressive numbers on under-achieving teams, and getting paid near-max money to do so.

...with Spurs fans swooning at the very thought of his underachieving ass the whole time.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-05-2013, 11:14 PM
...with Spurs fans swooning at the very thought of his underachieving ass the whole time.

He Ex! Nice to see you've returned to ST! :D

Obstructed_View
01-06-2013, 04:39 AM

There was a time the Spurs were so thin on the front line that Pops Mensah Bonsu made an impact. It'd be nice to think about what a guy like Cousins could do for the Spurs if he could get his head on straight. There's no doubt he's got immense talent.