PDA

View Full Version : Tony Parker's Summer Plans

FearDaDuncaN_SA
06-29-2005, 10:45 PM
http://www.tp9.net/en/itw.php?id=78

Tony, what do you feel after this second title?

It is truly awesome. I am feeling a lot of pleasure and satisfaction. It is incredible to win a title at the end of a seven games series. You could not possibly dream of a better ending. I am really under the impression that I was born under a good star. Two titles in four year; hard to hope for better.

At 23 years old, only Kobe Bryant and Magic Johnson had two NBA titles...
It is true and I must then continue on this momentum. With San Antonio, we can truly do something amazing. We are young, we have a good staff and the mentality of this team is excellent. All the ingredients are there to win two or three titles in a row.

Compared with 2003, what are you thoughts about your final?

I am not thinking about it. The only thing I am interested in is to win. We have just played a big final with a string Detroit’s team and it came down to the wire. This is the reason why the regular season is important. To play Game 7 at home is a huge advantage for the hosting team. All I can say is that I would not be surprised if we find this Detroit’s team again next year.

The crowd played his role to perfection tonight during Game 7.

The fans gave us a lot of energy. This enables you to go beyond your limits and to score the much needed baskets.

You did not push the ball too much tonight.

We had decided to play like this before the game. We wanted to control the tempo. With too many turnovers in the previous games, we needed to do some sacrifices somewhere. I opted to slow down the pace and to wait for everyone’s to be in position before dishing it to Tim. With a great Tim Duncan, we knew we could win.

At +9 for Detroit in the third quarter, the Spurs did not panic?

No, not really. We just said to ourselves that we needed to react before the score became to big. It was then that Tim decided to take the game in his own hands. He did his job, the one of the MVP. (laughs).

How do you look at your game?

I defended well while keeping the pace on the offense. It was what Pop had asked me to do tonight. I did not score today, but I have two championship rings. The experience that I have accumulated throughout these past four years will serve me for the years to come. When you know that player matures at 28 year of age, it could be trouble for our opponents ! I am conscious that I lack consistency since my arrival in the NBA but Pop is asking me so much that it is far from being easy. The day will come when all will be in order and I can guaranty you that I will draw fear. Look at Chauncey Billups ; while my age he was being traded and now he is 28 , he became a very good guard. Hence with hard work, there are no reason why I should not be able to attain my goal.

What are you objectives for years to come?

I always had the goal of being an All-Star. It almost was this year but I lacked a bit. With perseverance and hard work, I hope to one day be there. I have lived an off year from the free throw line and beyond the 3 points line. I do not know to explain this and I wonder why it happened. I have already told Claude Bergeaud (French coach) that I wanted to work on this summer. If I can raise my game a notch, I think I will soon be an All-Star.

What is your program in the days to come?

I will be in France on Tuesday. This will allow me to see my friends and family and to celebrate the title with them. I am then going to Singapore for the decision on the 2012 Olympic Games. It will then be the time to relax before joining the national team on August 7th. Like Ginobili and the Argentinean team, I want to leave some great moments with France. I was European Champion in 2000 and now I would like to do the same with the seniors.