PDA

View Full Version : The two most popular Spurs Jerseys

FearDaDuncaN_SA
06-29-2005, 10:53 PM
It appears two Spurs' jerseys are among the most popular right now.

http://buzz.yahoo.com/buzz_log/entry/2005/06/21/1300/

Mad For Manu Jerseys
Tuesday June 21, 2005 1:00PM PT

Gauging the popularity of sports stars is easy enough: Just look at who's generating the most searches.. We know Michael Jordan, Tiger Woods, and David Beckham have achieved the sort of worldwide fame that brings in perennial buzz. But below the top athletes, there's a constant churn of sports stars rising and falling. Largely dependent on their current activity on and off the field, a variety of players pop up in search. One of our favorite ways to gauge current athlete popularity is to check out top jersey searches. While you won't find Tiger or Maria Sharapova on this list, you'll get a feel for who's hot in the world of team sports...

1. Manu Ginobili Jersey
2. Dwyane Wade Jersey
3. Randy Moss Jersey
4. Gale Sayers Jersey
5. Michael Jordan Jersey
6. Reggie Miller Jersey
7. LeBron James Jersey
8. Ricky Williams Jersey
9. Carlos Arroyo Jersey
10. Julius Erving Jersey
11. Rasheed Wallace Jersey
12. Mia Hamm Jersey
13. Magic Johnson Jersey
14. John Elway Jersey
15. Ronnie Lott Jersey
16. Randall Cunningham Jersey
17. Joe Montana Jersey
18. Robert Horry Jersey
19. Walter Payton Jersey
20. J.J. Redick Jersey

Judging by the preponderance of retired jocks in our top 20, it seems that when picking a jersey, going with a true classic is a sure bet. As for baseball, it looks like no one on the diamond captures the interest of the jersey-wearing crowd.

Leetonidas
06-29-2005, 11:15 PM
When I wore my Ginobili jersey out here in Cali, I was thinking no one knew who the hell he was. I still haven't seen anyone out here wear a Manu jersey, only back home in SA.

dknights411
06-29-2005, 11:18 PM
Carlos Arroyo is outselling Rasheed!!! :lol

SequSpur
06-29-2005, 11:18 PM
http://www.wife-beaters.com/images/ronnjames.jpg

Leetonidas
06-29-2005, 11:25 PM
http://www.wife-beaters.com/images/ronnjames.jpg

:lol

KewlKat00
06-29-2005, 11:56 PM
When I wore my Ginobili jersey out here in Cali, I was thinking no one knew who the hell he was. I still haven't seen anyone out here wear a Manu jersey, only back home in SA.

i wear the tshirt version of the ginobili jersey out here in la.

ive seen a number of spurs shirts. and even had a number of people approach me asking where i bought my shirt and/or talking about the spurs. one guy was even a jazz fan...

nacho estrada
06-30-2005, 12:41 AM

Was that pre-Finals 2005? TexasBalla, that comment brought the lyric to my head from the late Notorious B.I.G. ,"If you don't know, now you know" R.I.P. Notorious B.I.G.

Cali knows the damn deal. I have some friends in both So and No Cal who lovvve the Lakers or Kings or even Warriors, (sorry Clips, no love, lol) but fear our squad and admit the league is ours for the near years to come, barring injury.

Anyway, each of them felt Manu should have been M.V.P of the Finals, respect given and the realization that L.A. is rebuilding and is a minimum of 3 years(being nice, closer to 4 or 5) from being a real contender, has occurred. I believe Kobe has a no-trade clause and carrying the team on his own will wear him by then. Cali knows the State of Basketball is Texas. Wear them jerseys! Represent!

Also, getting the feel of the athletes were bringing in via the draft, the sky is the limit!! It's almost unreal. :fro :hat :smokin :drunk :spin Let's all bow our heads and pray on that each night beginning tonight for the next six years, I mean, wouldnt a Boston-like run be amazing??!!! Man, the future is unlimited, Manu is coming into his own, ask Timmy. :smokin :smokin

gospursgojas
06-30-2005, 03:41 AM
I feel bad now bc I dont have one......

NZHayden
06-30-2005, 07:41 AM
a hell of ppl over here have duncans jersey but there all fakes, made of some cotton like material.

efrem1
06-30-2005, 08:01 AM
Nothing doing up here in Sacramento. I saw just one person wear a TD jersey in the suburb of Roseville a few weeks ago. No Manu jerseys to be found. I wore my Obi-wan Ginobili t-shirt the day after we won it all and someone commented "nice shirt" :)

silverandblackreign
06-30-2005, 08:35 AM
I now live in North Dallas (originally from SA) and have been a life-long Spurs fan. I sport my Spurs gear all the time (jerseys, shooting shirts etc..) Nobody ever said a word to me pre-2005 NBA Champs. Now, all of the sudden, I cant go anywhere with Spurs gear on without having at least one person tell me about how they love the Spurs, Ginobili etc.....

Where were thay all 2-3 months ago?

SpursWoman
06-30-2005, 08:37 AM
We've got the pink #20's, my daughter has the black road #20, and I have the Argentina road #5.

:)

spurschick
06-30-2005, 08:55 AM
I've got the home and road #20. I've been looking for the #5 Argentine jersey locally, but I'll probably have to go online. I may have to grab myself a Scola jersey when they come out.

SpursWoman
06-30-2005, 08:57 AM
I've got the home and road #20. I've been looking for the #5 Argentine jersey locally, but I'll probably have to go online. I may have to grab myself a Scola jersey when they come out.

ebay has a lot of the Argentina, both home & road, jerseys ... with links to other online stores that carry them.

spurschick
06-30-2005, 08:58 AM
ebay has a lot of the Argentina, both home & road, jerseys ... with links to other online stores that carry them.

ebay junkies!!! :lol
What did people ever do before ebay?

Walton Buys Off Me
06-30-2005, 09:09 AM
TexasBalla- do you own those TV Carnage tapes?

That gay black lawnmower shit is hilarious!!!!

Why the hell is Carlos Arroyo on this list? We're talking about authentic jerseys, not the kind you buy in an alley somewhere.......

SpursWoman
06-30-2005, 09:25 AM
ebay junkies!!! :lol
What did people ever do before ebay?

I have no idea ... I'm a recovering addict, but still an addict. :oops :lol

Rick Von Braun
06-30-2005, 09:27 AM
Where do you live? I live in LA, and play at the Venice Beach playground. I usually go with my Manu jersey, and to my surprise I have seen in the last 6 months 2 other playas with Manu's jerseys as well.

KEDA
06-30-2005, 10:44 AM
http://www.eurojerseyimports.com/

Ginobili
Parker
Scola

and every other euro import is there!!

MI21
06-30-2005, 10:47 AM
If you could get every Spurs player in the Reebok Swingman type jerseys (not Nike anymore :( ) I would have 4/5 of the Spurs jerseys. The authentics are just to expensive when taking into account shipping to Australia. I'd love a Horry one, a good quality one, but they are nigh on impossible to find online other than Authentic.

ALVAREZ6
06-30-2005, 11:24 AM
nice.