PDA

View Full Version : Not going to Clovis anymore, tbh

LnGrrrR
12-23-2012, 08:03 PM
Getting diverted to Scott AFB. Merry Christmas to me! :) Anyone live near the St Louis area? Gotta start looking up oculoplastic surgeons in the area...

DD
12-23-2012, 08:06 PM
Stay away from E. STL

LnGrrrR
12-23-2012, 08:22 PM
Stay away from E. STL

The eastern part of St Louis, or the city named East St Louis? Also, there's a fake "Nashville" in Illinois too... weird.

baseline bum
12-23-2012, 09:17 PM
Wow, you get your welfare child credit and then weasel your way out of your military duty? Why do you hate America so?

LnGrrrR
12-23-2012, 09:24 PM
Wow, you get your welfare child credit and then weasel your way out of your military duty? Why do you hate America so?

:lmao I also married a Hispanic immigrant!

baseline bum
12-23-2012, 09:44 PM
:lmao I also married a Hispanic immigrant!

I bet the wedding procession was like that scene at the end of Born in East LA. Do you have to speak Mexican in the casa, homes?

LnGrrrR
12-23-2012, 10:28 PM
I bet the wedding procession was like that scene at the end of Born in East LA. Do you have to speak Mexican in the casa, homes?

In theory, yes. However, since my knowledge of Spanish is limited, I'm mostly reduced to hand gestures. And yes, I meet a new member of the family at each gathering. When I introduced my extended family to my wife, she was like, "Wait, that's it? Where's the other 10 uncles and aunts? Where're the hundreds of cousins?" Definitely a mix of cultures.

When my wife and I first met, I was the gringo who was going to leave her. And in the end, she ended up being the first married person in the household, and the only one to have kids AFTER marriage. They love me now. :lol

baseline bum
12-23-2012, 10:42 PM
When my wife and I first met, I was the gringo who was going to leave her.

Was the first meeting like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gtw-yc8em0U&t=22m8s

LnGrrrR
12-24-2012, 12:08 AM
:lol To be honest, I first met my wife at the Noche Caliente club. Only gringo in the place... I was lucky for two reasons that night. I met my future wife, and I didn't get stabbed.

Trainwreck2100
12-24-2012, 12:14 AM
:lol To be honest, I first met my wife at the Noche Caliente club. Only gringo in the place... I was lucky for two reasons that night. I met my future wife, and I didn't get stabbed.

why the fuck were you at noche caliente?

LnGrrrR
12-24-2012, 12:16 AM
why the fuck were you at noche caliente?

:lol Nothing to do on a Saturday night?

Tbh, my hispanic friend and I planned on going the Friday night before, and there were blacks/whites/etc, playing Reggaeton and club music. When I rolled up the next Saturday night, they were playing Tejano music (which I hate). I figured they would be playing other music soon enough. I came in to the club and I half expected the record to skip. My wife thought I was some light skinned Mexican from Central Mexico at first, until I started talking to her.

Wild Cobra
12-24-2012, 04:58 AM
Getting diverted to Scott AFB. Merry Christmas to me! :) Anyone live near the St Louis area? Gotta start looking up oculoplastic surgeons in the area...
Green Acres is the place to be!

Looks like a sweet area. Small local community, but the St. Louis is pretty close.

ly7l0nZDh3g

LnGrrrR
12-24-2012, 04:59 AM
Thanks WC. The houses look quite nice. Just have to find one in a safe area. :) :toast

Wild Cobra
12-24-2012, 05:09 AM
Thanks WC. The houses look quite nice. Just have to find one in a safe area. :) :toast
LOL...

I used to watch Green Acres as a kid. I looked up Scott AFB on Google Maps, and saw how small it was with all the surrounding green farm land. That show came to mind. Probably be a very nice place to live.