PDA

View Full Version : Pelicans: Trades for Eric Gordon

Chinook
12-23-2012, 08:31 PM
I think we can all agree that Gordon should be traded away from New Orleans. He doesn't want to be there, and the Hornicans need to move on. Even with all that said, I think matching the Suns' offer may turn out to be a good move. How would Pelets fans feel about a Gordon/Granger swap? It seems like something that could happen. Indiana gets a hometown player that would add a scoring punch, while New Orleans gets a small-forward with a proven track record whose deal expires after next season. Both players have been injured so far, so it's not like either would have to adjust much.

There's also the possibility of getting Gay from Memphis in a three-team deal. Memphis is looking to move Gay to get under the tax. I imagine they'd like to get a player like Granger back, but Indiana's whole reason for wanting to move Granger is that Paul George is a good small-forward. They probably want no part of Gay. The Grizzlies probably don't want Gordon, either, as he's making too much money for too many years.

So my question for Bug-Bird fans is this:Which scenario would you prefer? What other trades are better/more realistic?

PS: I apologize for making a thread about a trade idea (not even a rumor). But I do think Gordon trade talk is in general a legitimate topic for an NBA forum.

lefty
12-23-2012, 10:02 PM
Why would Indiana do that ?

Why would anyone trade for Gordon?

lol BRougarou

Pelicans78
12-23-2012, 10:09 PM
Granger and Gay are both overrated. Rather do a salary dump type trade instead.

Chinook
12-23-2012, 10:10 PM
Gordon is a good fit for them, actually. He's hurt/playing hurt, but I think that will change if he's back home. Trading one injured player for another really isn't that bad.

Chinook
12-23-2012, 10:11 PM
Granger and Gay are both overrated. Rather do a salary dump type trade instead.

That makes sense. I don't know who else besides the Rockets could facilitate that, though.

TDMVPDPOY
12-23-2012, 10:14 PM
shouldve paid belli what he wanted then this clown

DPG21920
12-23-2012, 10:15 PM
That makes sense. I don't know who else besides the Rockets could facilitate that, though.

Spurs (not that they would take the risk and his salary on, but..) as I suggested earlier. Stephen Jackson/Bonner are large expiring contracts (Jackson for sure, Bonner essentially is with only 1M guaranteed). That allows them to do salary dump trades of up to about 15M.

Question is would they want to be stuck with Gordon's contract? Highly unlikely and I would imagine NO would like to get a little something more than just a pick + expirings. I am sure they are hoping for at least a good solid prospect on rookie contract as well. We will see if they can get it, or if they truly intend to keep him and build around him/Davis.

Pelicans78
12-23-2012, 10:16 PM
If Indiana knew Gordon was healthy, they would easily do that trade and shift George to SF full-time.

Hornets are gonna give Gordon every chance to succeed this season. They won't get much for him right now and couldn't even do a salary dump if doesn't prove to be healthy. No team will touch his contract unless he can prove he's healthy.

lefty
12-23-2012, 10:17 PM
shouldve paid belli what he wanted then this clown

True :lol

That dude, that dude Bellinelli

Pelicans78
12-23-2012, 10:17 PM
Spurs (not that they would take the risk and his salary on, but..) as I suggested earlier. Stephen Jackson/Bonner are large expiring contracts (Jackson for sure, Bonner essentially is with only 1M guaranteed). That allows them to do salary dump trades of up to about 15M.

Question is would they want to be stuck with Gordon's contract? Highly unlikely and I would imagine NO would like to get a little something more than just a pick + expirings. I am sure they are hoping for at least a good solid prospect on rookie contract as well. We will see if they can get it, or if they truly intend to keep him and build around him/Davis.

The plan is to build the team around him and Davis. But those plans could easily change.

DPG21920
12-23-2012, 10:21 PM
I honestly don't know if that was the plan. The plan could have easily been "we don't want to lose the main asset (aside from the pick) so sign him and try to move him and get something." Even a salary dump and a late first rounder is better than losing him for nothing after the CP3 trade.

Pelicans78
12-23-2012, 10:25 PM
I honestly don't know if that was the plan. The plan could have easily been "we don't want to lose the main asset (aside from the pick) so sign him and try to move him and get something." Even a salary dump and a late first rounder is better than losing him for nothing after the CP3 trade.

They view Gordon as having potential to be an elite wing scorer and know it will be a quicker rebuild if he's playing and healthy, but they obviously weren't going to let him for nothing. He could get traded and it wouldn't surprise, but the team definitely wants him and Davis to be the guys.

TDMVPDPOY
12-23-2012, 10:29 PM
if ur trading this clown, u better add that other clown rivers...pelicans will go nowhere with this clown with the given green light he has this season to chuck and not hitting anything

TDMVPDPOY
12-23-2012, 10:30 PM
They view Gordon as having potential to be an elite wing scorer and know it will be a quicker rebuild if he's playing and healthy, but they obviously weren't going to let him for nothing. He could get traded and it wouldn't surprise, but the team definitely wants him and Davis to be the guys.

he only looks good cause his posting up meaningless stats on lottery team....

Pelicans78
12-23-2012, 10:33 PM
I hate Austin Rivers. What a waste of a top 10 pick.

Kai
12-23-2012, 10:44 PM
I still think NBA teams are salivating over a young 20ppg SG and could be traded for a decent haul. I don't necessarily agree with it, but I do believe that's how things are.

BRHornet45
12-23-2012, 11:45 PM
he only looks good cause his posting up meaningless stats on lottery team....

son that is true, but this piece of overrated shit has only played in 9 games as a Hornet in 2 years lol. he did the same thing with the Clippers as well, but most Hornets fans turn the other cheek to the fact that he put up good numbers in ONE SEASON on a very bad team.
here are the yearly facts about this overrated hack ...

16 PPG on a 19 win team

16 PPG on a 29 win team

22 PPG (while only playing in 56 games due to injuries) on a 32 win team

20 PPG (while only playing in 9 games due to injuries) on a 21 win team

yet there are still Hornets fans thinking this dude is the next Jordan.

Chinook
12-24-2012, 02:00 AM
I think he has enough value to get a player like Granger or Gay back. A player like that could go a long way to accelerating New Orleans' growth. They're definitely overrated, but they are still good players who can be number-one options on good teams. So long as they suck enough to get a decent guard (or trade or sign one), I think they could be the best in the division pretty soon.

Mal
12-24-2012, 02:57 AM
The plan is to build the team around him and Davis. But those plans could easily change.

Your plan is bad, and you should feel bad

Mal
12-24-2012, 03:01 AM
Eric Gordon is untradeable at the moment. Constantly injured, cancerous shooter with big ego and fat contract. You could get Amare for him at best.

BRHornet45
12-24-2012, 04:11 AM
Eric Gordon is untradeable at the moment. Constantly injured, cancerous shooter with big ego and fat contract. You could get Amare for him at best.

I'll take it!

scanry
12-24-2012, 04:55 AM
Son that wimp will be making $13.6 mil without ever suiting up this year. :wow

Player

2012/13

2013/14

2014/15

2015/16

Eric Gordon (http://hoopshype.com/players/eric_gordon.htm)

$13,668,750

$14,283,844

$14,898,938

$15,514,031

TDMVPDPOY
12-24-2012, 05:13 AM

Player

2012/13

2013/14

2014/15

2015/16

$13,668,750

$14,283,844

$14,898,938

$15,514,031

maybe they should trade for Bynum expiring....

Mal
12-24-2012, 06:11 AM

Player

2012/13

2013/14

2014/15

2015/16

$13,668,750

$14,283,844

$14,898,938

$15,514,031

Arent suits neccesary for DNP players ?

fevertrees
12-24-2012, 09:28 AM
Dell Demps is a fucking genius for giving an injury prone pansy a max contract while the team is trying to "rebuild" financially. :lol:

Killakobe81
12-24-2012, 10:05 AM
DPG is right they didn't want to let the main chip (outside of draft pick) walk but the funny thing is the hornets actually have the better black coach and brighter future as long as Davis stays healthy. Lopez is an upgrade over Kaman, they shed okafors contract. Even Aminu, who I hated on the Clips looks like he may shed his bust label. (Still prefer Bledsoe) Hornets are the better fit Gordon is missing out on that top notch med staff though. Which I thought was overrated but every guy that leaves PHX Hill, Amare, Shaq, Nash gets hurt after they leave ...maybe they should save Greg Oren or Bynum to erase any doubts.

Mori Chu
12-24-2012, 05:35 PM
BR, thank you to your Pelicans for matching the max deal my Suns foolishly gave to this glass-kneed scrub G:lolrd:loln. G:lold bless son!

Latarian Milton
12-24-2012, 08:06 PM
pelicans would trade him for a bag of shit. the wimp never looks someone whom you can trust tbh :lol cornerstone

Pelicans78
12-24-2012, 09:07 PM
DPG is right they didn't want to let the main chip (outside of draft pick) walk but the funny thing is the hornets actually have the better black coach and brighter future as long as Davis stays healthy. Lopez is an upgrade over Kaman, they shed okafors contract. Even Aminu, who I hated on the Clips looks like he may shed his bust label. (Still prefer Bledsoe) Hornets are the better fit Gordon is missing out on that top notch med staff though. Which I thought was overrated but every guy that leaves PHX Hill, Amare, Shaq, Nash gets hurt after they leave ...maybe they should save Greg Oren or Bynum to erase any doubts.

You were right about Aminu. He still sucks.

Chinook
12-24-2012, 10:31 PM
The question about Aminu is if he can bulk up and become an Ibaka-like power-forward.