PDA

View Full Version : Spurs: Quintessential Spurs basketball. Living and dying by the 3. Not impressed

21_Dickings
12-23-2012, 09:16 PM
Lol "San Antonio Suns."

Nothing but a fool's gold win against a scrub team. Meanwhile, my Lakers are surging, crushing some of the hottest teams in the league with gritty, playoff style basketball.

I ask you this, fat necks, what's going to happen to your beloved Silver and Shit when the threes stop falling and they're forced to score in the paint? Jim can't play in the post anymore, Manure is too scared to drive, and the Frog is nothing but a midrange shooter these days.

Championships are won in the paint and with defense, and the Spurs are deficient in both areas, unlike my Lakers.

Anyhow, nice 2 game "winning streak."

We sitting on 4 straight :hat

Nash and Pau are back and haven't missed a step. And the really scary thing is, we've finally "figured it out."

J.H.U.T.T.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/66/JabbatheHuttROTJ.jpg

krispinwah
12-23-2012, 09:22 PM
http://i.imgur.com/xe43k.gif

Clipper Nation
12-23-2012, 09:23 PM
:lol

Mugen
12-23-2012, 09:26 PM
:lol fat necks

Stalin
12-23-2012, 09:26 PM
dicking with the goods, yet again

Fuzzy Dunlop
12-23-2012, 09:32 PM

irishock
12-23-2012, 09:46 PM
LLO

JRHernandez88
12-23-2012, 09:47 PM
:king

Venti Quattro
12-23-2012, 09:48 PM
sup midnightpulp

purplengold
12-23-2012, 09:48 PM
it true spurs got notin ta hope for besides losin ta OKC again

Splits
12-24-2012, 05:16 AM
Purple and piss is, ya know, funny because most piss tends to be a yellowish color unless you're running decathalons a couple times a week like me.

"Silver and shit" is weak sauce smack, unless your diet is so poor you're pooping blackness.

6.5/10

smaka
12-24-2012, 06:33 AM
Cool story bro :cry

Namundy
12-24-2012, 10:02 AM
The irony in having Mike D'Antonio as your coach, Steve Nash as your point guard, and calling another team the Suns.

Killakobe81
12-24-2012, 10:29 AM
The irony in having Mike D'Antonio as your coach, Steve Nash as your point guard, and calling another team the Suns.

Fair points tbh ... Don't see how this Spur team beats Grizz, Okc or Heat but should be favored over both LA teams and Ny teams and everyone else. 2 time defending regular season champs FWIW ....

ElNono
12-24-2012, 11:03 AM
Fair points tbh ... Don't see how this Spur team beats Grizz, Okc or Heat but should be favored over both LA teams and Ny teams and everyone else. 2 time defending regular season champs FWIW ....

tbh the Spurs can beat the Grizz as long as R:loldy G:loly is healthy and making decisions out there...
If he gets hurt again all bets are off though...

scanry
12-24-2012, 11:18 AM

Miami, OKC & Clippers will tap that ass tbh. Grizzlies in the meantime are getting blown out by the Rockets out of all teams.

Killakobe81
12-24-2012, 11:28 AM
tbh the Spurs can beat the Grizz as long as R:loldy G:loly is healthy and making decisions out there...
If he gets hurt again all bets are off though...

True enough but Heat loss to the Wiz too ... come playoff time, one-off regular season games don't matter. Rudy does seem to throw off their balance ... but without Mayo they will need him to play well to beat the Spurs. I wouldnt call Mayo a Spur killer but he has had some good games against them.

ElNono
12-24-2012, 01:08 PM
True enough but Heat loss to the Wiz too ... come playoff time, one-off regular season games don't matter. Rudy does seem to throw off their balance ... but without Mayo they will need him to play well to beat the Spurs. I wouldnt call Mayo a Spur killer but he has had some good games against them.

ZBo and Conley JR are the guys that play out of their minds against us. They're facing TD and TP, so they always play like they have something to prove. More touches for Rudy means less touches for them, and that works well not just for the Spurs but every team in the league, tbh

Amuseddaysleeper
12-24-2012, 01:21 PM
The Spurs have beaten the Grizzlies 5 straight times since 2011.

OKC and the Heat are the only teams that will beat the Spurs in a 7 game series.

Bynumite
12-24-2012, 02:36 PM
Even though midnight butthurt's post is a troll attempt, he is right about dem spurs tbh.

whitemamba
12-24-2012, 03:05 PM
Even though midnight butthurt's post is a troll attempt, he is right about dem spurs tbh.

Killakobe81
12-24-2012, 03:16 PM
The Spurs have beaten the Grizzlies 5 straight times since 2011.

OKC and the Heat are the only teams that will beat the Spurs in a 7 game series.

Regular season got you pretty confident? I woudl say Clips and Spurs are even Monkey ball vs. 3ball but I give Spurs the edge because of superior coaching ...but spurs have not been all that impressive come playoff time lately so we shall see. But you may be right ...

ElNono
12-24-2012, 03:20 PM
^ double sweeps and WCF not that impressive lately? Okay

Amuseddaysleeper
12-24-2012, 03:24 PM
Regular season got you pretty confident? I woudl say Clips and Spurs are even Monkey ball vs. 3ball but I give Spurs the edge because of superior coaching ...but spurs have not been all that impressive come playoff time lately so we shall see. But you may be right ...

I hear you, and the Spurs have flamed out the past two playoffs. No denying that.

I'm actually more worried about the Clips (fantastic bench) than the Grizz tbh (Rudy Gay taking away shots from Gasol/Rudolph? Yes please)

Killakobe81
12-24-2012, 03:27 PM
^ double sweeps and WCF not that impressive lately? Okay

Has the bar been lowered? I thought you were my brother, El and better that that. Dont debase yourself by finding moral victories in WCF trips. Shoot, I barely acknowledge trips to the FINALS. Spur fan should in the Duncan era at least consider themselves elite and title or bust. Not saying dont enjoy the ride but regular season titles and making it to the WCFis solace for fans of teams like the Suns, Clips or Nuggs heck even the Thunder should celebrate last year. But Spur fan in the Duncan era? ... tsk, tsk.

And before we get on the Lakers ask El or DPG I have been saying we were not legit contenders last year (2 seasons ago) and said WCF is the ceiling for this current team ...for me that = non-contender status.

Killakobe81
12-24-2012, 03:29 PM
I hear you, and the Spurs have flamed out the past two playoffs. No denying that.

I'm actually more worried about the Clips (fantastic bench) than the Grizz tbh (Rudy Gay taking away shots from Gasol/Rudolph? Yes please)

Real talk Clips do impress me. And I wouldnt mind seeing baby brother get a title ...but they are the Clips they will mess it up somehow just wait and watch ...

Amuseddaysleeper
12-24-2012, 03:34 PM
Real talk Clips do impress me. And I wouldnt mind seeing baby brother get a title ...but they are the Clips they will mess it up somehow just wait and watch ...

Can you imagine the WCF actually featuring VDN and Scott Brooks.

Jesus Christ.

Killakobe81
12-24-2012, 03:42 PM

Can you imagine the WCF actually featuring VDN and Scott Brooks.

Jesus Christ.

But that is why I would lay $ on Spurs over Clips if Spurs are at least as good as last year I donts ee how Crawford overrides how badly Pop would outcoach VDN ...plus Duncan looks wayyy better than last year. Sure you guys cant run with Griffin and DeAndre but in teh half-court I take tim 1 on 1 vs. Either guy I bet Timmy has Jordan "in the pocorn machine" (RIP Chick) all series long. I would be rooting CLips but woudl pay to see duncan get either guy 1 on 1 onthe block.

Killakobe81
12-24-2012, 03:43 PM
Oh and Im guessing Barnes gets tossed out of at least 1 game, for sure. Sjax will make sure it happens.

ElNono
12-24-2012, 04:39 PM
Has the bar been lowered? I thought you were my brother, El and better that that. Dont debase yourself by finding moral victories in WCF trips. Shoot, I barely acknowledge trips to the FINALS. Spur fan should in the Duncan era at least consider themselves elite and title or bust. Not saying dont enjoy the ride but regular season titles and making it to the WCFis solace for fans of teams like the Suns, Clips or Nuggs heck even the Thunder should celebrate last year. But Spur fan in the Duncan era? ... tsk, tsk.

And before we get on the Lakers ask El or DPG I have been saying we were not legit contenders last year (2 seasons ago) and said WCF is the ceiling for this current team ...for me that = non-contender status.

No moral victories here. The reality for Spursfan is that Duncan and Manu got old, and there's no escaping Father Time.

If anything, the admission that we can't beat younger talent in the Heat and OKC means the Spurs ceiling is WCF. They achieved that ceiling last season, so that's what we can call a good season.

In the West the only team that got better was the Clippers. I think they have a good shot to give the Spurs a good battle.

LkrFan
12-24-2012, 07:16 PM
:lol Fat Necks
:lol Silver & Shit
:lol Manure

Well played sir. :toast

Brunodf
12-24-2012, 07:23 PM
The Lakers lost to Dirk-less Mavs:lol

Latarian Milton
12-24-2012, 08:19 PM
spurs lack depth in the paint n their current D ain't nothing close to what they had during those championship years, which in the end will turn out to be costly come playoffs. spurs are similar to the 05' suns with conference finals as the ceiling imho

maverick1948
12-25-2012, 07:39 PM
spurs lack depth in the paint n their current D ain't nothing close to what they had during those championship years, which in the end will turn out to be costly come playoffs. spurs are similar to the 05' suns with conference finals as the ceiling imho

Our bench took the Heat starters to the last 22 seconds of the game before falling by 5.

maverick1948
12-25-2012, 08:01 PM
Lol "San Antonio Suns."

Nothing but a fool's gold win against a scrub team. Meanwhile, my Lakers are surging, crushing some of the hottest teams in the league with gritty, playoff style basketball.

I ask you this, fat necks, what's going to happen to your beloved Silver and Shit when the threes stop falling and they're forced to score in the paint? Jim can't play in the post anymore, Manure is too scared to drive, and the Frog is nothing but a midrange shooter these days.

Championships are won in the paint and with defense, and the Spurs are deficient in both areas, unlike my Lakers.

Anyhow, nice 2 game "winning streak."

We sitting on 4 straight :hat

Nash and Pau are back and haven't missed a step. And the really scary thing is, we've finally "figured it out."

J.H.U.T.T.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/66/JabbatheHuttROTJ.jpg

Let's see championships are won in the paint and on defense. Hmmm Spurs are 4th in points scored in the paint behind Denver, Clippers and Houston. Lakers are 16th.

Nice 4 game win streak gets you up .500. Guess you will be bragging when you get above .500 as making the Lakers the greatest team in the league.

I guess if the Spurs cant get to the finals with their 3 point shooting, maybe they can get the on points in the paint combined with good 3 point shooting.

Also, Spurs shoot a higher percentage than the Lakers and hold their opponent to a lower percentage.

Spurs shoot a higher % on 3's than the Lakers and hold their opponent to lower 3 point % than the Lakers.

And I guess the most important stat of all. The Spurs have 7 more wins than the Lakers.

21_Dickings you need to change that name to 22_Dickings.

fukyoteamclown
12-25-2012, 11:05 PM
fukyoteamclown