PDA

View Full Version : Why Has Blair Gotten Worse?

Boomersgold
12-23-2012, 09:36 PM
A few weeks ago, Blair was in the starting lineup; fast forward to now and he's not even in the rotation and is the last player to leave the bench even in garbage time! What has changed in Blair and his game between his time as a starter and now? Has his game gotten any worse? What caused him to fall out of favor with Pop?

racm
12-23-2012, 09:36 PM
His lack of ACLs mean he can't get lift anymore, tbh.

Boomersgold
12-23-2012, 09:38 PM
His lack of ACLs mean he can't get lift anymore, tbh.

He didn't have ACLs entering the NBA, so why should that start affecting his play now?

TDMVPDPOY
12-23-2012, 09:40 PM
clown who has no jump shot, doesnt even attempt to jump for contested rebounds.....wont pass it out when he receives it so he can perform a circus shot bad shot selection

looking for his own in a contract year then feeding the open man.....

spurs actually payin this clown minimum to be a pylon when a pylon only costs about 2 bucks at walmart

Blizzardwizard
12-23-2012, 09:41 PM
He can't shoot for crap, whether it's because of his lack of minutes or not, trading him would be a good move. ( Wait, who wants him?)

Brunodf
12-23-2012, 09:45 PM
A few weeks ago, Blair was in the starting lineup; fast forward to now and he's not even in the rotation and is the last player to leave the bench even in garbage time! What has changed in Blair and his game between his time as a starter and now? Has his game gotten any worse? What caused him to fall out of favor with Pop?

What caused him to start is my first question

TDMVPDPOY
12-23-2012, 09:47 PM
the only reason he started, maybe pop was tryin to show his game so he can look for traders....

if u cant trade him, might as well keep him at the end of the bench and not play him....

its time spurs should start focusing on other players

lefty
12-23-2012, 09:57 PM
He got worse because he has a shitty work ethic

I bet he slacks off during the offseaon

JRHernandez88
12-23-2012, 09:57 PM
no confidence

Capt Bringdown
12-23-2012, 10:03 PM
It's fun to root for the underdog, but beyond that cheap thrill, who cares?
"But-but-but we had a winning record with him in the lineup. And he's a bargain!"
And he was quickly exposed in the playoffs as a extremely limited player that you couldn't afford to keep on the floor. We parted company with Hedo on similar grounds.
Blair's "little engine that could" story is cute, but altogether worthless when it comes to competing for a championship. Give him a gold star for trying and yourself a pat on the back for believing in Rocky-esque fairy tales.
There's no basketball reasons to believe in him.

AussieFanKurt
12-23-2012, 10:06 PM
too busy thinking about emo tweets

DanAu
12-23-2012, 10:06 PM
He looked awful tonight....even in garbage minutes vs trash, he looked, slow, uninterested, and like his BBall IQ was switched off. Maybe he's being paid to play fuking awful so Bonner looks pro and they can at least get some value for one of their sorry asses.

biskvito
12-23-2012, 10:15 PM
he lost confidence, motivation, playing time, rhythm, conditioning

elemento
12-23-2012, 10:16 PM
He knows he has no future in SA. No PT, crap numbers and no big contract next season. Kind of hard to remain interested, but he had 4 years to improve his game and he hasn't done shit. He has only himself to blame tbh.

I think he has a place in the NBA as an energizing guy off the bench, but it won't be in SA.

TDMVPDPOY
12-23-2012, 10:22 PM
this clown is worster than rose final season at the spurs b4 he got traded...

playblair
12-23-2012, 10:30 PM
haters......

cd021
12-23-2012, 10:31 PM
I've never been more stunned about someones drop off, I think we held on too long probably cost out getting any better than protected 2nd rounder (top 45 maybe)

He had 2 20-20 games his rookie season, his Per 36 was 13pts 14 rebs.

-He average 10pts and 5 rebounds last season and had flashes of strong play, but was benched again in the post season.

-He still hustles but his shooting has gone way south 46% for a Center (undersized, but still...) is embarrassing. The league average, off the top of the head should be like 51or 52% most of his baskets are assist to, i believe.

benstanfield
12-23-2012, 10:44 PM
In an interview for Spurs Live Gary Neal was talking about how Pop & the big three set a tone in practice and the locker room to where if you don't play your role and embrace the team concept you are an outcast.

I immediately thought of Dejuan Blair.

TDMVPDPOY
12-23-2012, 10:45 PM
no matter where in the half court u pass it to him, dont expect to see him pass it back...cause his going to try dribble past his man for a circus shot, or throw up a jumper...

it seems like he has also given up playin any form of defense also...

timvp
12-23-2012, 10:50 PM
Spurs fans are good at being obtuse when they want to be. It's obvious something is physically wrong with him. The guy can't move out there. He was barely cutting it earlier in the season when he was moving relatively well. Take away his ability to run and jump ... and he just doesn't have a chance. It's not that he's lazy or dumb or doesn't want it enough. It looks like his knees have deteriorated to the point he's no longer an NBA-caliber athlete.

He didn't have ACLs entering the NBA, so why should that start affecting his play now?

Not having ACLs was always going to shorten his career. I said at the time the Spurs signed him to his four-year deal that he might be done at the end of the contract. Looks like that may be the case.

Anyways, humans have ACLs to stabilize their knees. Blair's lack of ACLs puts extra stress on the rest of his knees ... most notably his cartilage and the four other main ligaments. His quad muscles have also had to play a bigger than normal role in keeping his knees from exploding.

Tough break for Blair if it's really his knees giving out (which it looks like it is) but certainly not surprising.

TDMVPDPOY
12-23-2012, 10:53 PM
dude doesnt even box out for rebs or do anything besides just another player making up the numbers....u dont see him setting high screens and shit

he has been outplayed and outproduced by bonner even with the limited time he got this season...

if diaw and bonner continue to produce, blairs days with the spurs will be outnumbered....

dunkman
12-23-2012, 10:56 PM
He lacks motivation. Neal has a similar contract and was signed the same season, his situation is different. Blair got plenty of pt, a starting position, but something is lacking. Splitter was lost a lot of time, Diaw looks bad this season, Bonner doesn't play much anymore, its not just Blair. Pop demands too much from the bigs.

TDMVPDPOY
12-23-2012, 10:59 PM
i think if blair and bonner doesnt work out......pop is going to shortened the playoff roster rotations maybe down to 8/9 players....guys like decolo, mills, blair, bonner fightin for that 9th rotation spot dependig on matchups....

bigfan
12-23-2012, 10:59 PM
The guy is done. Sad but thats the way it is. Pay him his money, tell him thanks and cut him lose.

Bruno
12-23-2012, 11:05 PM
If you look at his whole NBA career, Blair hasn't really improved since his rookie year. He is still doing the same rookie mistakes.

Right now, there is also an obvious physical issues. Last summer rumor, that his knees were done, seems to be true. That's tough for him.

lefty
12-23-2012, 11:14 PM
If you look at his whole NBA career, Blair hasn't really improved since his rookie year. He is still doing the same rookie mistakes.

Right now, there is also an obvious physical issues. Last summer rumor, that his knees were done, seems to be true. That's tough for him.

I would say he has regressed since his rookie year
He looked promising back then

DPG21920
12-23-2012, 11:16 PM
What people also have to realize when bringing up quotes like this:

The difference in the NBA v. College is so overwhelmingly different that you can't use that logic. Not only are the seasons/travel much, much shorter, but the level of physicality/athleticism required is on an entirely different level. While he held up very well in college (which is still pretty amazing), it's not a huge surprise that in terms of years (meaning when people say he played 4 years in college v this is his 4th year in the NBA for example) the NBA years have taken their toll.

Capt Bringdown
12-23-2012, 11:26 PM
Spurs fans are good at being obtuse when they want to be.
Who's being obtuse? Seems like a blindspot issue, as you refuse to acknowledge that there might be more than physical factors involved, when obviously it's a combination of mental/physical.
The problem with Blair's play is not 100% physical, the lack of development and subsequent downward spiral has been evident for quite some time for all with eyes to see.

timvp
12-23-2012, 11:43 PM
Who's being obtuse? Seems like a blindspot issue, as you refuse to acknowledge that there might be more than physical factors involved, when obviously it's a combination of mental/physical.
The problem with Blair's play is not 100% physical, the lack of development and subsequent downward spiral has been evident for quite some time for all with eyes to see.

The point is that Blair's physical limitations are overriding everything else at the moment. He could have Tim Duncan fundamentals and Manu Ginobili heart ... but it'd all go for naught because the bottom line is that he's a 6-foot-5 power forward who has lost all his athleticism.

I know Spurs fans always have to have something to complain about but spending time nitpicking Blair's skillset is a waste of time at this point because it's all all moot unless he regains the ability to move.

weebo
12-24-2012, 12:08 AM
Its amazing how a guy without any ACL's is playing in the NBA. Having said that, his other problem beside his lack of ACLs is his height.

Capt Bringdown
12-24-2012, 12:15 AM
He could have Tim Duncan fundamentals and Manu Ginobili heart ...

That's an absurd hypothetical. And you know it, so it's time to play the old "I'm a better and wiser Spursfan" card:

I know Spurs fans always have to have something to complain about...

timvp
12-24-2012, 12:32 AM
That's an absurd hypothetical.No it's not. In other words, nothing about Blair's skillset or intangibles matter if he can't compete athletically. It's cut and dry ... and I don't see you disputing it. Your only reaction to that statement is to shift the focus or get emotional about a tangent that's not related to the heart of the matter.

And you know it, so it's time to play the old "I'm a better and wiser Spursfan" card:?

I'm a Spurs fan as well. And I admit to being guilty of always having something to complain about. It's what we do. We've witnessed too many unforeseen collapses to ever get too excited about what's transpiring.

Stump
12-24-2012, 12:33 AM
Not sure why Spurs fans are surprised about Blair's physical decline. I thought the consensus was that his career was only going to be 3-5 years long.

Technique
12-24-2012, 12:42 AM
It's not just one reason for his poor play. The guy is unmotivated out there forcing up shots and unwittingly attempting to create a play every time he gets a touch.

If his athleticism was the sole reason, the guy wouldn't be out there, and he sure as hell wouldn't be bricking up shots but rather looking for players that can provide a positive offensive set.

I trust the team's doctors and they know better than any of us here what Blair's situation is. I highly doubt he would be out on the floor if his knees are as bad as some claim.

timvp
12-24-2012, 12:44 AM
^ Why? His knees aren't going to get better with rest or rehab. It's a degenerative condition.

DMC
12-24-2012, 12:48 AM
i think if blair and bonner doesnt work out......pop is going to shortened the playoff roster rotations maybe down to 8/9 players....guys like decolo, mills, blair, bonner fightin for that 9th rotation spot dependig on matchups....

Wow. If it doesn't work out? What year are you watching?

It's not a poor work ethic. Dude dropped a lot of weight in the summer. That's not by having a poor work ethic. Pop wouldn't give him any playing time if he work ethic was poor. Everything he's not doing could be attributed to his knees, even if indirectly. Having a prognosis like that doesn't inspire confidence, especially when he's coming off the bench now and, if he's in pain, maybe he sees the end of the road ahead. Hard to say. Either way he's not going to be traded, ever. No one would take him except as a write off.

Technique
12-24-2012, 12:49 AM
If his knees were at the point where he no longer meets the NBA's athletic standards for his position; he wouldn't be on this team.

I find it hard to believe that his knees gave up on him; yet he's still out on the floor.

RD2191
12-24-2012, 12:54 AM
^^^^LOL

timvp
12-24-2012, 01:22 AM
If his knees were at the point where he no longer meets the NBA's athletic standards for his position; he wouldn't be on this team.His contract is guaranteed. The Spurs aren't going to just release him at this point, especially when they already have an open roster spot.

I find it hard to believe that his knees gave up on him; yet he's still out on the floor.He hasn't played a meaningful minute since it became painfully obvious that something is wrong.

TimDunkem
12-24-2012, 01:32 AM
this clown is worster than rose final season at the spurs b4 he got traded...

:wakeup

Bruno
12-24-2012, 06:52 AM
After having looked again at the 4th quarter, the issue isn't only physical: DeJuan has mentally given up. I don't really blame him for that because, for the third year in a row, he has gone from starter to DNP-CD.

At that stage, a trade would be the best for everybody. Even Blair for nothing (technically it would be for a top55 protected pick) would be fine to me. Spurs and Blair just need to part ways.

Boomersgold
12-24-2012, 07:10 AM
After having looked again at the 4th quarter, the issue isn't only physical: DeJuan has mentally given up. I don't really blame him for that because, for the third year in a row, he has gone from starter to DNP-CD.

At that stage, a trade would be the best for everybody. Even Blair for nothing (technically it would be for a top55 protected pick) would be fine to me. Spurs and Blair just need to part ways.

Don't forget that De Colo was drafted 53rd and Patty was drafted 55th. If we do trade Blair for a top 50+ protected pick, who says that a player outside of the top 50 is completely worthless? The player that we draft might be a diamond in the rough and end up having more potential than Blair.

AusSpur
12-24-2012, 07:11 AM
I believe if losing all that weight has affected his play. He used to be able to clear an area for himself and rebound at an elite rate when he was at his best. Hard to be a 6'5 centre without some width and strength to help you.

Mel_13
12-24-2012, 07:20 AM
Don't forget that De Colo was drafted 53rd and Patty was drafted 55th. If we do trade Blair for a top 50+ protected pick, who says that a player outside of the top 50 is completely worthless? The player that we draft might be a diamond in the rough and end up having more potential than Blair.

In the sort of trade that Bruno suggested, the pick is protected in a way that it is never conveyed. See the trade of Beno Udrih to Minnesota.

Russo21
12-24-2012, 08:53 AM
First Year 82 games 18 mpg 7.8ppg 6.4rpg 55%FG
Second Year 81 games 21 mpg 8.3ppg 7.0rpg 1.2spg
Third Year 64 out of 66 games 21 mpg 9.5ppg 5.5rpg 0.9spg
This Season 22 games 16mpg 5.9ppg 4.5rpg 0.7spp 46%FG

Turnovers, fouls and blocks are basically the same from rookie year til now. Points and rebounds are dropping drastically. So why? Is he fat. Maybe. Maybe his knees are really bothering him a lot and already 249 games into his career his knees are giving way. We all knew he was capable of being a guy capable of giving you a 20-20 game here and there and a sometime 10-10 guy. Those games are non-existent now. He averaged 8 and 7 in his second year. You'd expect a 3rd season jump to 10pts 10reb not a drop to 5.9pts 4.5rpg. He's officially half the baller he coulda/shoulda been.

My knees are fucked and i cant even play sports anymore let alone play world class nba ball. I cant even run around the block without being in pain. Maybe Blair's knee's are very nearly at the end of their life. A little fat dude playing PF with no ACL'S and overall shitty knees isn't going to last long in this league. I'd say Blairs days in the NBA might be coming to a close in the near future. He's lost his athleticism and fire, whether thats attitude, bad knees or both i dont know. Maybe Blair is in pain everytime he runs down the court or jumps or pivots to make a move. I definately dont see him having a long and prosperous career unfortunately. The Time is already ticking on the young fella's NBA days.

There was a reason he fell so far to us in the draft. We drafted the lottery talent DeJuan Blair who fell into our laps, the dude with no ACL's. Thats why we got him. Cause other teams were afraid to sign the dude with no acl's. He showed many flashes of fine basketball making other GMs wish they signed him when they could have. But maybe the medical reports were right... He defied the odds for 3 seasons, but Blair has no ACL's and just 4 years in, his career is at the beginning of the end. Maybe his body is finally giving up on him, just as everyone thought on draft night that they would when he fell into our laps.

exstatic
12-24-2012, 09:02 AM

It's going to sound gay, but I think he REALLY misses Indiana George. His game just literally fell off a cliff after they trade GH3 to the Pacers.

dbestpro
12-24-2012, 09:54 AM
I was a Blair fan after his first year because he focused on what he does best and that was rebound. Every since he has tried to expand his game the one thing he did well has suffered.

Now, if it is attitude, injury or whataburgers, it doesn't matter as long as he stays at the end of the bench. if their ever is a Blair resurrection, here or elsewhere, he has to forget about scoring, and play more like Evans or Faried.

You don't always have to be athletic to play hard. Blair has not played hard since his first season.

therealtruth
12-24-2012, 07:09 PM
I was a Blair fan after his first year because he focused on what he does best and that was rebound. Every since he has tried to expand his game the one thing he did well has suffered.

Now, if it is attitude, injury or whataburgers, it doesn't matter as long as he stays at the end of the bench. if their ever is a Blair resurrection, here or elsewhere, he has to forget about scoring, and play more like Evans or Faried.

You don't always have to be athletic to play hard. Blair has not played hard since his first season.

I agree. He's capable of playing like a Faried or Evans but hasn't shown that since his rookie season.

Fabbs
12-24-2012, 08:11 PM
In an interview for Spurs Live Gary Neal was talking about how Pop & the big three set a tone in practice and the locker room to where if you don't play your role and embrace the team concept you are an outcast.

I immediately thought of Dejuan Blair.
Yet if you're Michael Fins, Soft Dick or Matty Bonner you're embraced by that tough Pop and *big three**.
Spare us.

Not aiming this at you benstanfield just pointing out what bullshit it is some fabricated notion that non Medium 3 players have to **play your role or you're out** given those three soft homos (FinleyDickBonner) complete blessing by their boifriend Pop the last 5 years. And condoning by the Medium 3.

Libri
12-24-2012, 08:49 PM
Here is an old article about Blair's knees, how he had adjusted and the problems he could encounter. I like the second paragraph where it explains how the absence of acl's puts strain on the quads and hams.

No Ligaments, No Problem

How can DeJuan Blair play without an anterior cruciate ligament in either knee?

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/explainer/2009/11/no_ligaments_no_problem.html

benstanfield
12-24-2012, 11:49 PM
Yet if you're Michael Fins, Soft Dick or Matty Bonner you're embraced by that tough Pop and *big three**.
Spare us.

Not aiming this at you benstanfield just pointing out what bullshit it is some fabricated notion that non Medium 3 players have to **play your role or you're out** given those three soft homos (FinleyDickBonner) complete blessing by their boifriend Pop the last 5 years. And condoning by the Medium 3.

Bullshit. Look at Fin/Dick/Blair's body language on the bench. You can tell they aren't part of "the team," part of the players that set the tone in the locker room. Bonner is well liked because he puts in work and plays his role, even if the outcome isn't always great. I'm not talking about playing time, I'm talking about guys who embrace the franchise and become active parts of it versus guys that just play basketball when Pop puts them in.

You sound like you've never played on an organized basketball team, with the social dynamics and in-group behavior that result from good leadership.

Dr. Robert Lee
12-25-2012, 02:31 AM
Manu was drafted 57th in 1999, too!

Granted, those kinds of steals are rare (though the Spurs are good at them), but it's better than the nothing that Blair has become now.

Reck
12-25-2012, 02:52 AM
One tends to get worse when you're already bad to begin with.

team-work
12-25-2012, 04:27 AM
Instead of focusing on whether his problem is physical or mental, may I ask which one is the more difficult: rebuilding his ACLs or his confidence/motivation?

BG_Spurs_Fan
12-25-2012, 04:30 AM
Instead of focusing on whether his problem is physical or mental, may I ask which one is the more difficult: rebuilding his ACLs or his confidence/motivation?

He could have all the confidence in the world, but if his knees have indeed given up on him then he's done, no matter what.

doldrums
12-25-2012, 07:01 AM
He could have all the confidence in the world, but if his knees have indeed given up on him then he's done, no matter what.

why can't people accept that he is physically unable to compete? Why must there always be some "other " factor.

KaiRMD1
12-25-2012, 09:10 AM
He's trying to make Pop regret not playing him in the playoffs last year. So far, he's making Pop look better with every game he plays

Fabbs
12-25-2012, 09:36 AM
why can't people accept that he is physically unable to compete? Why must there always be some "other " factor.
ST Posters career in the NBA with no ACLs was so much better.

Fabbs
12-25-2012, 02:44 PM
Bullshit. Look at Fin/Dick/Blair's body language on the bench. You can tell they aren't part of "the team," part of the players that set the tone in the locker room. Bonner is well liked because he puts in work and plays his role, even if the outcome isn't always great. I'm not talking about playing time, I'm talking about guys who embrace the franchise and become active parts of it versus guys that just play basketball when Pop puts them in.
After the 2007 title, Frenchy Frog gushed about how "they wanted to win the title so badly for Michael Finley.
Can't make this stuff up.

Also, since as you claim MrsPopFinly/Soft Dick were not "part of the team" and "just play basketball when Pop puts them in", please do tell why the Medium 3
1. Tolerated the amount of playingtime AND the contract EXTENSIONS given to both.
1b. Frenchys comments after the 2007 title?

Bonner is well liked because he puts in work and plays his role, even if the outcome isn't always great.
So Bonners well documented playoff utter fail is "well liked even if the outcome isn't great." Thanks for validating my point. CIP Poops moron strategy and the Medium 3s tolerance of such proves it obviously was NOT about winning Championships in 2008 09 10 11. So much for their tight clique which makes one *tow the line or else*.

FkLA
12-25-2012, 03:04 PM
Wasnt Blair dunking regularly in the preseason and really early on in the season? People were even mentioning how he had dunked way more frequently than he had last season. Kind of hard to believe that it went from that to him knees giving up on him in a matter of a few months.

AFBlue
12-25-2012, 03:12 PM
Blair's physical limitations always limited his ceiling, but the struggles that have made him utterly ineffective this season are mental. He's not competing with the same energy consistently that made him a good "garbage man" earlier in his career and I'm not sure he's made a good decision on the basketball court all season.

I don't think there's any value in trading him, so the most likely course of action is for him to ride outthe contract the way Anderson did.

jjktkk
12-25-2012, 03:28 PM
Spare us.

Speaking of "sparing us". Shouldn't you be bumping your next Spur's head coach thread?

Fabbs
12-25-2012, 04:38 PM
Speaking of "sparing us". Shouldn't you be bumping your next Spur's head coach thread?
In light of your request and Pops neck n neck equal counterpart coaching today, for you Schtikk:
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=188574&highlight=2008

team-work
12-25-2012, 08:04 PM

Actually my question is two-fold. The first part I wonder if any surgeries can/could have been done. Why did he enter the NBA without reconstructing his ACLs beforehand. When people tear their ACLs, they will consider reconstruction, say with hamstring tendon graft, if they want to participate in vigorous sports again. But in the Blair's case, it's probably to late to say so. Even then, why can't he consider other procedure? Even a diagnostic arthroscopy will reveal how damaged his knees or ankles are, and attempts can be made regarding repairing, e.g. "shaving" of arthritic components.

The second part of the question can be even more challenging. Under miraculous circumstances his conditions will improve. But it's more likely to be static or even get worse. Then it's up to Dejuan to accept and adapt to his limitations, but it's much easily said than done.

DapDaGenius
12-25-2012, 11:46 PM

Reminds me of how they used to do James Anderson a while back.

spursmartyr
12-26-2012, 01:22 AM
Laziness, Big Macs, low BBIQ, Big Macs, shortness for his position, Big Macs, no ACLs, Big Macs, poor hustle, Big Macs, poor effort on D, Big Macs, and emo tweets.

Sean Cagney
12-26-2012, 02:05 AM
Cheer up. If Blair got worse, now we can call him Matt Bonner Jr!

Yeah that would make us cheer up since we have both on our damn team at the same time for years now :(

TJastal
12-26-2012, 02:23 AM

Tragedy..... let's all cry together for poor James. Poor fella, never given a chance to prove himself... :cry

TJastal
12-26-2012, 02:46 AM

Speaking of popsucking, shouldn't you be analyzing your exalted idol who can never do wrong?

DapDaGenius
12-26-2012, 05:30 AM
Tragedy..... let's all cry together for poor James. Poor fella, never given a chance to prove himself... :cry

I know man...he'll get his time to shine eventually.

Leetonidas
12-26-2012, 07:33 AM
Seriously guys, if Brandon Roy who is all heart and one of the most driven competitors in the league can't compete because of his knees, and he had 1000x the talent Blair ever had, then Blair is done. People need to accept that this dudes knees are not suited for playing against the top 400 professionals in his sport. He had a good run but it's obvious that since his rookie year his physical ability has deteriorated. He's not being lazy, dude is trying to play for a contract, I don't think he would just stink it up out there for no reason. He's physically done.

Leetonidas
12-26-2012, 07:35 AM

Dude broke his foot like 6 games into his rookie season and has never regained the his speed/agility. He's like molasses out there. You can blame Pop for not giving these guys chances or whatever but do you really expect the coach to play shit players just because they're on the team and he feels bad for them? Isn't this what everyone complains about Bonner for?

DMC
12-26-2012, 10:47 AM
Matt has physical limitations, and some mental ones (choking under any form of pressure) but he does not just mail it in.

DMC
12-26-2012, 10:48 AM
Dude broke his foot like 6 games into his rookie season and has never regained the his speed/agility. He's like molasses out there. You can blame Pop for not giving these guys chances or whatever but do you really expect the coach to play shit players just because they're on the team and he feels bad for them? Isn't this what everyone complains about Bonner for?

Spurs fans are, almost by default, underdog fans. We like to see the unheard of guy get his shot and succeed. James isn't that guy. He gets the ball taken from him, at the rim, on dunk attempts. He doesn't even belong in the NBA.

jjktkk
12-26-2012, 12:19 PM
Speaking of popsucking, shouldn't you be analyzing your exalted idol who can never do wrong?

No, waitng for some more of your knowledgable posts about basketball. Its been too long, tbh.

DapDaGenius
12-26-2012, 01:48 PM

All I said was, I hope Anderson finally can get a spot he likes in the NBA and how Blair is being treated now reminds me of what they used to do to Anderson....never did I question the coach, never did I say that Pop should play him out of feeling bad for him. Don't know where you got any of that from and I don't see how it even goes along with what you quoted.

DapDaGenius
12-26-2012, 01:55 PM
Spurs fans are, almost by default, underdog fans. We like to see the unheard of guy get his shot and succeed. James isn't that guy. He gets the ball taken from him, at the rim, on dunk attempts. He doesn't even belong in the NBA.

Wouldn't say I'm a fan of the "underdog" players/stories, and I definitely didn't say anything in support of Anderson because "I'm hoping he turns out to be an underdog". But talking about most Spurs fans in general...I wouldn't know, it doesn't seem that way to me. Unless referring to the entire Spurs organization as underdogs then sure, but Spurs fans always rooting for the underdog....nawh, I wouldn't say that.

Paranoid Pop
12-26-2012, 01:58 PM

But Green the dunking master does...

He was a tad slow but it's not like some of the remaining players are worlds better...

DMC
12-26-2012, 02:52 PM
But Green the dunking master does...

He was a tad slow but it's not like some of the remaining players are worlds better...

James Anderson is a shitty player. Danny Green is serviceable. I've seen Anderson give the ball up at the rim on a fast break a number of times. Dude has tried to dunk in every game and is almost always denied.

DMC
12-26-2012, 02:53 PM
Wouldn't say I'm a fan of the "underdog" players/stories, and I definitely didn't say anything in support of Anderson because "I'm hoping he turns out to be an underdog". But talking about most Spurs fans in general...I wouldn't know, it doesn't seem that way to me. Unless referring to the entire Spurs organization as underdogs then sure, but Spurs fans always rooting for the underdog....nawh, I wouldn't say that.

You certainly don't see many Lakers fans using pics of people like Darius Morris as avatars. Spur fans uses end of the bench players. Lakers fan uses Kobe. Everyone else is trade bait.

Boomersgold
12-26-2012, 10:48 PM
Blair had another chance to prove his worth to the team against the Raptors tonight, and to be honest, I didn't like what I saw. I'm comfortable with him being completely out of the rotation at this point.

TampaDude
12-26-2012, 11:27 PM
His knees are shot. He'll be out of the NBA next year. Oh, well...at least he got paid.

Libri
12-27-2012, 12:04 AM
His knees are shot. He'll be out of the NBA next year. Oh, well...at least he got paid.

Maybe he will be able to play a few more seasons in the D-League.

TD 21
12-27-2012, 06:18 PM
Though technically correct to say he went from "starting to out of the rotation" in a matter of weeks, the reality is, he was a starter in name only. Really, he went from being their 10th man to their 11th man.

As many have said, his physical deterioration means his days in the league are numbered. It's unfortunate for him obviously, but fortunate for the Spurs (and fans) that this is unequivocally apparent now and that it's coincided with Pop finally losing faith in Bonner. Those two things in conjunction means they're essentially forced to make a move for a competent fourth big by the deadline.

DapDaGenius
12-27-2012, 07:44 PM
You certainly don't see many Lakers fans using pics of people like Darius Morris as avatars. Spur fans uses end of the bench players. Lakers fan uses Kobe. Everyone else is trade bait.

Then again, Spurs fans will take any chance to down/talk shit about a player that fucks(excluding Duncan and Kawhi, from what it seems). We have a better all-around team than LAL, so of course more people will support the bench than LAL fans do their's.

Still wouldn't say even most are "underdog" fans. I think it's just certain individuals(and some who are from the same country) who are like that. Really can't just base it all off of the avatars, tho. lol

playblair
12-27-2012, 07:55 PM
haters must have missed yesterdays game ..... blair changed the game with his steals & defense ....... welcome back to the rotation blair ...... u will be needed in the playoffs when diaw wont shoot & splitter cant post a guard .......

Dr. Robert Lee
12-27-2012, 07:59 PM
Blair is short, fat, whiny, and lazy. Tbh, it's hard to be an NBA player with all those character traits.

Embedded
12-28-2012, 12:05 PM
Well, we're all speculating on whether it's mental or physical, but there is one FACT. Dejuan Blair tweeted that 'dude just doesn't want me out there' or something like that. What was he thinking? That dude would play him more? I don't think he would have done that if he was having problems physically. And his playing time and skill level seemed to go south after that.

I did wonder if his dramatic weight loss was to reduce the stress on his knees, though.

BillMc
12-28-2012, 12:55 PM
Wasnt Blair dunking regularly in the preseason and really early on in the season? People were even mentioning how he had dunked way more frequently than he had last season. Kind of hard to believe that it went from that to him knees giving up on him in a matter of a few months.

Yes, while I can't dispute those who have made a good argument that Blair's knees are deteriorating, is there any realistic chance he has a more common, more mundane injury that is affecting him? That this isn't the beginning of the end, but a temporary setback?

Of course, if it were a temproary thing, Blair would probably be tweeting about "can't wait to get healthy" , if it were just a benching, he'd be implying that Pop won't play him as he's done before. Maybe the comparative silence does show that this is the knees after all.

temujin
12-28-2012, 01:34 PM

This.
I don't think that the knees of a 23 years old break down this fast, within weeks, without a specific incident, with or without ACL.
There might be something else.
Personally, I think it's mental, Spurs tried to shop him, failed, he knows that, he got in TC in shape to prove, but never really got into some rythm.
Now he knows he won't play in SA next year and has taken it personally.
Let's move on, he was a bargain regardless.

Bruno
12-28-2012, 01:47 PM
Blair's dunks:
09-10: 33
10-11: 26
11-12: 7
12-13: 0

Johnny RIngo
12-28-2012, 02:30 PM
Double Doubles for Blair:
09-10: 8
10-11: 17
11-12: 8
12-13: 1

playblair
12-28-2012, 07:37 PM
Blair's dunks:
09-10: 33
10-11: 26
11-12: 7
12-13: 0

Double Doubles for Blair:
09-10: 8
10-11: 17
11-12: 8
12-13: 1

word thats what happens when you try turning a bully in the paint into a jump shooting diaw type player .......