PDA

View Full Version : Quick Grades: Spurs vs. Mavericks - Dec. 23

timvp
12-23-2012, 10:31 PM
Tim Duncan A-
Successfully aggressive on offense. Made a play on just about every touch. Solid defense.

Manu Ginobili A-
Active defensively. Amazing passing. Limited his mistakes. Mavs had no answer for him.

Tony Parker B+
D was iffy vs. Collison, especially in transition. Otherwise did his job. 18 points on 9 shots is impressive.

Kawhi Leonard A-
Damn, I missed him. Fantastic on D. Brilliant in the passing lanes. Strong on O; shot without hesitation.

Danny Green A+
His shooting will get the headlines, and rightfully so. But his defense against Mayo just as important.

Tiago Splitter B-
Was caught with his hands down a lot on D. Offense was ragged. However, he boarded and played hard.

Boris Diaw B+
His good streak extended another game. When focused and attacking, he’s really effective.

Stephen Jackson B+
Slow start and had ups and downs but the results were positive. His shot-making alone was good to see.

Gary Neal C-
Play subpar ball on both ends. Questionable shot selection. Left the game with a calf injury.

Nando De Colo Inc.
His passing, as always, shined; he can really run the pick-and-roll. Hustled on D and on the boards.

Patrick Mills Inc.
Instant offense personified. Came out firing and seemingly had a hot hand within seconds.

DeJuan Blair Inc.
Still can’t run or jump. Not sure what’s wrong with him physically but this might be the end of the road.

Matt Bonner Inc.
Strong on the glass and shot it straight.

Pop B+
Rotations were logical. Solid coaching but the Coyote can get a W with 20 three-pointers made.

Libri
12-23-2012, 10:42 PM
Thanks.

Found this shot chart.

http://yfrog.com/scaled/landing/837/vmhw.jpg

cd021
12-23-2012, 10:43 PM
DeJuan Blair Inc.
Still can’t run or jump. Not sure what’s wrong with him physically but this might be the end of the road.

Is it the knees?, I though he was just playing poorly for no reason.

TDMVPDPOY
splitter end of the 3rd quarter dunk....that was nasty over marion the scrub

cd021
Thanks.

Found this shot chart.

Rocked Em' lets go!

mattj1x
12-23-2012, 11:30 PM
Patrick Mills Inc.
Instant offense personified. Came out firing and seemingly had a hot hand within seconds.

Currently the best 3pt shooter (percentagewise) in the league for point guards. (8th overall) :wow

Well, for listed PG's...he's obviously not really playing a PG role right now.

Technique
12-23-2012, 11:34 PM
Nowitzki - "In the middle of the third we were down by 80, so I didn't really have to go back in,"

:lol

CGD
12-23-2012, 11:44 PM
Nowitzki - "In the middle of the third we were down by 80, so I didn't really have to go back in,"

Feel bad for Dirk. I actually like the guy. Cuban doesn't seem to have a plan for the future over there...

cd021
12-23-2012, 11:52 PM

SHUT IT DOWN!!!:rollin

cd021
12-23-2012, 11:53 PM
Feel bad for Dirk. I actually like the guy. Cuban doesn't seem to have a plan for the future over there...

Their future ain't bad Mayo and Collison and cap space who' knows maybe the nab Jefferson, or Josh Smith in the offseason.

cd021
12-23-2012, 11:54 PM
It's mental, he wants to be released.

Maybe, I'd still wanna be one a winning team than get picked up on waiver wire.

mathbzh
12-24-2012, 12:45 AM

The plan was to win one... he did. I am not sure if Cuban really cares for the future.

Bill_Brasky
12-24-2012, 01:14 AM
Leonard with 5 steals, godddamn.

freetiago
12-24-2012, 02:26 AM
Leonards only played in like 10 games this season and had 5 steals in 3 of them

polandprzem
12-24-2012, 02:50 AM
It looks like the last season for Blair, he somehow is in good mood which is strange considering his attitude from earlier ...

Good game but it seemed like Mavs were tired and did not care.

TP was not looking good ..

Mills can be a killer

Kawhi was amazing with the hustle

Bonner was doing fine

All in all you can't measure spurs by this game unfortunately

therealtruth
12-24-2012, 03:14 AM
The plan was to win one... he did. I am not sure if Cuban really cares for the future.

He overreacted to the new CBO.

TDMVPDPOY
12-24-2012, 05:02 AM
hey whats the spurs cap like for next season,maybe they can persuade DIRK to sign here....

Kuestmaster
12-24-2012, 05:27 AM
I used to hate Dirk, but I respect the guy. Feel kind of bad for him to go from being a champion to an ass sucking team. But hey, it's the mavs. Fuck them.

Mal
12-24-2012, 06:33 AM
Just finished watching this game. Great team basketball by Spurs. Everything was clicking.

Mavs were really really bad. If not for FT`s it could be 50+ win.

SayTown
12-24-2012, 06:46 AM
SHUT IT DOWN!!!:rollin

LETS GO HOME

gee
12-24-2012, 08:13 AM
That was such a fun game to watch.
Splitter's dunk at the end of the third is by far the most brutal thing he's ever done in basketball.

And Kawhi's little spin move at the end of one of his many steals-to-breaks was amazing too.

Phenomanul
12-24-2012, 11:34 AM
I could have sworn Tiago hit Stephen Jackson for a 3 pointer and yet the box score gives him zero assists... We need better statisticians...

wildbill2u
12-24-2012, 11:59 AM
I think the bench deserves better grades than INC> After all, their good and bad points were pointed out. The fact that some of them didn't play a whole lot of minutes shouldn't rob them of a grade. They are bench players so they should be graded as such (fewer minutes to do something) as well as their skill level they bring to the table.

In this particular game I thought all of the bench players played hard in the few minutes they got. I wasn't too happy with Blair's play. It seems he wants to shoot every time he gets the ball. I recognize he's probably playing for a new contract, but not playing "Spurs ball" might be the reason Pop isn't using him as much.

boutons_deux
12-24-2012, 12:13 PM
Thanks.

Found this shot chart.

why would someone go to all that trouble and not show "shorty" corner 3G shots

spurs10
12-24-2012, 01:09 PM
Well Merry Christmas everyone! Great win. It's always nice to beat Dallas. Whenever I start to think, 'well, i respect Rick Carlisle' or 'now that the biggest dumbass in the history of basketball has gone to the Celtics' or 'Dirk is a decent guy and a hell of a player', I remember Cuban. A colossal, curb stomping, beat down at Christmas time makes me believe there really is a Santa Claus. Thanks for the grades and seriously timvp, all the very best to you and your beautiful family. Watching the second half of the game last night, I kept singing out loud " It's the most wonderful time of the yeeeaaar!"

maverick1948
12-24-2012, 01:40 PM
Timvp??? Did you see Nando De Colo playing last night? INC??????? 2 pts 3 boards 5 assts, and 2 steals? INC??????? He deserves at least a B for his effort.

WOW that left me wondering what you were thinking. De Colo played 13 mins and with Neal showing an injury, he may get a lot more playing time. He could take over as the backup point guard and #3 shooting guard.

Nando "Mini-Manu" DeColo

Seventyniner
12-24-2012, 01:47 PM
He overreacted to the new CBO.

tbh that cheddar, bacon, and onion sent a lot of other people to the toilet too

timvp
12-24-2012, 02:11 PM
I think the bench deserves better grades than INC> After all, their good and bad points were pointed out. The fact that some of them didn't play a whole lot of minutes shouldn't rob them of a grade. They are bench players so they should be graded as such (fewer minutes to do something) as well as their skill level they bring to the table.

In this particular game I thought all of the bench players played hard in the few minutes they got. I wasn't too happy with Blair's play. It seems he wants to shoot every time he gets the ball. I recognize he's probably playing for a new contract, but not playing "Spurs ball" might be the reason Pop isn't using him as much.

Timvp??? Did you see Nando De Colo playing last night? INC??????? 2 pts 3 boards 5 assts, and 2 steals? INC??????? He deserves at least a B for his effort.

WOW that left me wondering what you were thinking. De Colo played 13 mins and with Neal showing an injury, he may get a lot more playing time. He could take over as the backup point guard and #3 shooting guard.

Nando "Mini-Manu" DeColo

The entire season I haven't given grades to players who only play in garbage time. De Colo, for example, entered the game last night with the Spurs up by 41 points. What a player did/didn't do when the Spurs are up by ~40 points doesn't really mean anything in the big picture, IMO.

Budkin
12-24-2012, 02:12 PM
Sometimes you have shit nights and sometimes you have... what happened last night.