PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Would Stern rig a Clippers' championship?

Jacob1983
12-24-2012, 01:14 AM
Well, would he? I know they aren't the Lakers but they do share the Staples Center with the Lakers.

Clipper Nation
12-24-2012, 01:22 AM
Hell no... just this year, our FTA differential per game has been exactly zero, tbh... our FTA differential per game at home is -0.3.... (pretty ironic for a team nicknamed "Flop City," tbh)

Unsurprisingly, the Laker$ are leading the league in overall FTA differential with +8...

If the Clippers win it all, it'll have to be the honest way, tbh...

Fabbs
12-24-2012, 01:22 AM
Not a chance.

JRHernandez88
12-24-2012, 01:27 AM
Not over Miami

AussieFanKurt
12-24-2012, 01:32 AM
no fucking chance unless versing a small town team like minny etc

Jacob1983
12-24-2012, 01:55 AM
You serious? You're going to tell me if the Clippers wind up with the number 1 or number 2 seed in the West, that Stern won't be tempted to pull the trigger?

Clipper Nation
12-24-2012, 02:05 AM
You serious? You're going to tell me if the Clippers wind up with the number 1 or number 2 seed in the West, that Stern won't be tempted to pull the trigger?

Nope... we're not a "favored franchise" like the Lakers, Celtics, Bulls, Heat, or OKC...

AussieFanKurt
12-24-2012, 02:09 AM
Nope... we're not a "favored franchise" like the Lakers, Celtics, Bulls, Heat, or OKC...

I agree wholeheartedly. Stern seems to hate any team outside those 5 teams and would never do anything to help others, especially the Lakers little brother who are growing up quickly. Unless Clips had a hugeeee surge in tv ratings etc then maybe it could happen

irishock
12-24-2012, 02:11 AM
LAC is Adam Silver's job to give the rub to. This is the last NBA Finals for David Stern to operate, he's going to go all in for Lakers vs Heat- Kobe, DH12, Nash vs the big 3. Knicks and Thunder are the conference runner ups. Spurs will see Joey Crawford officiate all of their playoff games, thus losing in 6 or 7 against the Lakeshow in the first round.

midnightpulp
12-24-2012, 02:41 AM
Hell no... just this year, our FTA differential per game has been exactly zero, tbh... our FTA differential per game at home is -0.3.... (pretty ironic for a team nicknamed "Flop City," tbh)

Unsurprisingly, the Laker$ are leading the league in overall FTA differential with +8...

What's really a slap in the face about that is the Lakers are a jumpshooting team now. Makes me literally fuckin' ill the amount a ticky-tack shit Kobe gets called in his favor out on the perimeter. He does that poor man's Dream Shake of his 18 feet away from the basket and if the defender is closer than 5 feet to him, you bet your ass the ref is blowing his whistle.

"But Dwight..."

Can't argue with his calls for obvious reasons (Hack-a-Howard, players immediately wrapping him up when he catches the ball deep). But Kobe shouldn't be getting to the line more than 4-5 times a game.

Mal
12-24-2012, 02:53 AM

Lakers need those FT`s badly, imagine their record with FTA differential like Clippers.

Clippers are doing pretty good. Whistles dont count in December. NBA can screw team within a playoff series. Acquiring chinease players could help or Chris Paul padding his stats, something like 15+ apg going for some sort or record. Stern likes attention. Attention can win championship, or give you NBA finals spot.

Mel_13
12-24-2012, 07:24 AM
Well, would he? I know they aren't the Lakers but they do share the Staples Center with the Lakers.

Not inconceivable; it would validate Stern's "basketball reasons".

whitemamba
12-24-2012, 11:22 AM

pretty sure we are last in the league percentage wise.. but dwight was getting fouled alot and not making anything. he really brings the FT% down tbh.

Clipper Nation
12-24-2012, 11:34 AM
pretty sure we are last in the league percentage wise.. but dwight was getting fouled alot and not making anything. he really brings the FT% down tbh.
Second-to-last, actually... surprisingly, Denver's worse....

That being said, I'm talking about free throws attempted, as opposed to free throws made... the refs can give you bogus freebies, but they can't force the ball to go in, tbh....

Killakobe81
12-24-2012, 11:39 AM
What's really a slap in the face about that is the Lakers are a jumpshooting team now. Makes me literally fuckin' ill the amount a ticky-tack shit Kobe gets called in his favor out on the perimeter. He does that poor man's Dream Shake of his 18 feet away from the basket and if the defender is closer than 5 feet to him, you bet your ass the ref is blowing his whistle.

"But Dwight..."

Can't argue with his calls for obvious reasons (Hack-a-Howard, players immediately wrapping him up when he catches the ball deep). But Kobe shouldn't be getting to the line more than 4-5 times a game.

How many FTA's did Kobe get in a OT game ... while taking 41 shots ... ?!

Not saying Kobe doesnt get calls, all stars do even the Spurs ... but dont act as though Kobe is so much more protected than most.

Koolaid_Man
12-24-2012, 12:24 PM

"But Dwight..."

you may not REALIZE it my friend but you are indeed in a perpetual state of Kobe fascination...coincidentally I noticed this really started with you when Kobe called that ref a fucking faggot... you ain't been the same since lil homie :lol

whitemamba
12-24-2012, 12:27 PM
you may not REALIZE it my friend but you are indeed in a perpetual state of Kobe fascination...coincidentally I noticed this really started with you when Kobe called that ref a fucking faggot... you ain't been the same since lil homie :lol

:loltruf

Koolaid_Man
12-24-2012, 12:28 PM

"But Dwight..."

and Kobe never gets calls from the refs...they allow defenders to hack the shit outta my guy...so half of his missed shots are due to a lack of calls from the refs...it's been this way ever since Colorado...the refs are crooked and biased against Kobe...they see him getting ready to surpass MJ and they are pulling out all the stops to try and slow him down....but Kobe has a destiny mid just as god is good...:lol

Latarian Milton
12-24-2012, 07:51 PM
he may rig some games in their favor to help them get past spurs but fat old son of a bitch would definitely prefer a miami vs. OKC or miami vs. Lakers matchup for the finals rather than one between two similar monkeyball teams imho

Clipper Nation
12-24-2012, 08:26 PM
and Kobe never gets calls from the refs...
:lmao

Bynumite
12-24-2012, 08:30 PM
Don't know why someone would waste their time watching a competitive sport they believe it's rigged tbh? Only spurfan i guess.

Don't think the spurs would have won 4 championships in the last 10+ years if this shit was rigged, when they do nothing for the NBA except take it back to pre-80's levels of popularity every time they play in the Finals.

Jacob1983
12-25-2012, 02:56 AM
I want a shitty matchup in the Finals in my lifetime. I was born in 83' so I wasn't alive to see the Bullets and Sonics in the Finals two years in a row. I want to see a shitty matchup like the Bucks and Kings or the Bobcats and Hornets. I want to see all of these fans of big market teams piss their pants because shitty teams are in the Finals. Can you imagine if the Finals had the Bobcats and Hornets? How the fuck would Stern and his NBA minions market that shit?

irishock
12-25-2012, 03:12 AM
I want a shitty matchup in the Finals in my lifetime. I was born in 83' so I wasn't alive to see the Bullets and Sonics in the Finals two years in a row. I want to see a shitty matchup like the Bucks and Kings or the Bobcats and Hornets. I want to see all of these fans of big market teams piss their pants because shitty teams are in the Finals. Can you imagine if the Finals had the Bobcats and Hornets? How the fuck would Stern and his NBA minions market that shit?

Hornets were close in 2008. They would've matched up well vs LA had they beaten SA in game 7.

But yeah, to market that shit you gotta get the attention of New Orleans Aints fans and whatever panthers there are in Carolina.

jestersmash
12-25-2012, 03:25 AM
No. I think prostituting the Durant/Lebron dynamic is still more lucrative, and as long as two teams are within 5-10 points of each other (in a hypothetical game that's called 100% fairly) you can expect the Thunder back in the finals against the Heat.

Longevity will breed even more interest for future Thunder/Heat Finals match-ups.

Clippers vs Thunder might make for a nice WCF match-up, though.

Jacob1983
12-25-2012, 03:47 AM
I would mainly like a shitty Finals matchup because Stern would be fucked and it would be out of his control. That's only if he didn't pull the trigger and rig it toward his preferences.