PDA

View Full Version : Knicks: Melo in the 4th

Technique
12-24-2012, 07:11 PM
19 points in the 4th quarter against a premium defender in Kirilenko. Nobody can guard this man, beating perimeter defenders off the dribble. Posting up guys that can't hold his combination of skills and strength. Giving the extra pass when defensives are over committing on him.

There's no question that this man is the league's MVP at this point.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/knicks/post/_/id/31652/carmelo-came-through-in-the-clutch

With the Christmas game coming up he has a new defensive challenger: Kobe Bryant. That game is going to be a gift in itself.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--kobe-bryant-expecting-heavyweight-fight-against-carmelo-anthony-and-knicks-201016469.html

Brunodf
12-24-2012, 07:19 PM
Jack limited him to 8 points or something like that

LkrFan
12-24-2012, 07:25 PM
AK-47 is no longer a premiere defender. That being said, Melo is my MVP right now. He's balling like he was at Syracuse (man amongst boys). I've been waiting for him to put it together in NYC like he is right now.

He's gonna go bonkers on LAL tomorrow.

100%duncan
12-24-2012, 07:37 PM
Kirilenk:lol

Jt.ONE
12-24-2012, 08:01 PM
AK hasn't been a premier defender since like '07 though

Stalin
12-25-2012, 04:43 AM
:lol premium defender

baseline bum
12-25-2012, 05:02 AM
There's no question that this man is the league's MVP at this point.

Um, no

http://i.imgur.com/5ifL8.png

I know lots of people like to vote for stories instead of the best players... like how Malone beat Jordan in 97, Iverson beat Shaq in 01, Nash won in 05, etc, but fuck no, LeBron is way better.

LkrFan
12-25-2012, 05:26 AM
Um, no

I know lots of people like to vote for stories instead of the best players... like how Malone beat Jordan in 97, Iverson beat Shaq in 01, Nash won in 05, etc, but fuck no, LeBron is way better.
Explain two, count 'em two 20-point beatdowns the Knicks gave the Heat. Both are good defensive teams. In both games here's how they stacked up head to head:

Game 1 in NYC
Melo 30 points, 10 rebs, 2 assists
Bron 23 points, 7 rebs, 5 asassists

Game 2 in Miami
Melo DNP
Bron 31 points, 10 rebs, 9 assists

In game 2, on the surface, LBJ's almost messed around and got a triple double, which looks great. However, no Melo for him to guard, yet he couldn't help the defending champs score more than 12 pathetic points in the 4th quarter at home? This wreaks of no killer instinct. 4 of his 31 came in the 4th in a game they should have had marked on their calendar after gettin shellacked 104-84 in the opening matchup with them Knicks. Not surprising because we know that he's not really a 4th quarter player without FTAs - as evidenced with the Knicks holding your 2013 MVP candidate to 3.5ppg in the 4th (aka $$$ time).

LBJ's a great player, but this year (so far) Melo is the MVP.

Cry Havoc
12-25-2012, 05:30 AM
Melo MVP. :lmao :lmao :lmao

We're back to voting for only one side of the floor for MVP again. :lol :lol :lol

D12
12-25-2012, 05:37 AM
Um, no

Get the cock out of your mouth faggot

baseline bum
12-25-2012, 05:41 AM
Back and better than ever

:lmao Bible Kemp worse FT shooter than father

LkrFan
12-25-2012, 05:42 AM
Melo MVP. :lmao :lmao :lmaoWe're back to voting for only one side of the floor for MVP again. :lol :lol :lolThey don't call fouls on LBJ. That allows him to be aggressive as fuck. Even MJ, a better triple threat than LBJ EVER will be was called for 2.6 fouls per game. LBJ? 1.9 for his career (1.3 this year). You mean to tell me he is that damn great at defense? He's 6'8" and 270lbs. No way in hell he can only be called for 1.3 fouls/game. Pop quiz: when was the last time fouled out of a game? Better yet, how many times did he foul out of a game in his 10-year career. I bet you can't tell me without doing some serious research. Why? He's protected.

baseline bum
12-25-2012, 05:44 AM
Explain two, count 'em two 20-point beatdowns the Knicks gave the Heat. Both are good defensive teams. In both games here's how they stacked up head to head:

Game 1 in NYC
Melo 30 points, 10 rebs, 2 assists
Bron 23 points, 7 rebs, 5 asassists

Game 2 in Miami
Melo DNP
Bron 31 points, 10 rebs, 9 assists

In game 2, on the surface, LBJ's almost messed around and got a triple double, which looks great. However, no Melo for him to guard, yet he couldn't help the defending champs score more than 12 pathetic points in the 4th quarter at home? This wreaks of no killer instinct. 4 of his 31 came in the 4th in a game they should have had marked on their calendar after gettin shellacked 104-84 in the opening matchup with them Knicks. Not surprising because we know that he's not really a 4th quarter player without FTAs - as evidenced with the Knicks holding your 2013 MVP candidate to 3.5ppg in the 4th (aka $$$ time).

LBJ's a great player, but this year (so far) Melo is the MVP.

No killer instinct? :lmao

There was this thing called the playoffs when he shit all over Boston on the road in an elimination game and then ripped the meth-infused hearts out of the Zombie Sonics' chests

LkrFan
12-25-2012, 05:48 AM
No killer instinct? :lmao

There was this thing called the playoffs when he shit all over Boston on the road in an elimination game and then ripped the meth-infused hearts out of the Zombie Sonics' chests
Boston was not a healthy team. Plus they're old. Not impressed. Why? Because when they were healthy, they sent him home packing in consecutive years. It wasn't until he colluded that he finally beat them.

D12
12-25-2012, 05:54 AM
Boston was not a healthy team. Plus they're old. Not impressed. Why? Because when they were healthy, they sent him home packing in consecutive years. It wasn't until he colluded that he finally beat them.

Yeah, he had to collude in order to get past his demons.

:lol pussy needing to partner up with other stars to win
:lol fans like BB bandwagoning such a pussy

LkrFan
12-25-2012, 06:27 AM
In game 2, Melo DNP. Who on the Knicks could have physically matched up with Bron? Here were the candidates:

:lol JR Smith
:lol Novak
:lol Kidd
:lol Fat Felton

LBJ should have put Miami on his back. Miami needed to lead them in 4th qtr scoring. But that's "not his job" to do that. 12 4th qtr p:lolints for Miami. Yeah, no killer instinct. :downspin:

midnightpulp
12-25-2012, 07:16 AM

Neither was Miami.

midnightpulp
12-25-2012, 07:20 AM
In game 2, Melo DNP. Who on the Knicks could have physically matched up with Bron? Here were the candidates:

:lol JR Smith
:lol Novak
:lol Kidd
:lol Fat Felton

LBJ should have put Miami on his back. Miami needed to lead them in 4th qtr scoring. But that's "not his job" to do that. 12 4th qtr p:lolints for Miami. Yeah, no killer instinct. :downspin:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201206070BOS.html

Elimination game. Back against the wall and didn't get beatdown by 40, something your favorite player seemingly loves to do.

Jodelo
12-25-2012, 07:35 AM
LkrFag with really horrible takes, per par.

:depressedLeBron is not that good:depressed

Jodelo
12-25-2012, 07:35 AM
Oh and :lmao Melo as MVP.

LeBron is, hands down!

LkrFan
12-25-2012, 07:45 AM

Elimination game. Back against the wall and didn't get beatdown by 40, something your favorite player seemingly loves to do.
You cherry picking fagg:lolt. Show me the last two elimination games for the Kang when he was in Cleveland. :rolleyes

LkrFan
12-25-2012, 07:46 AM

And good job of not answering my post. Faggot.

LkrFan
12-25-2012, 07:50 AM
LkrFag with really horrible takes, per par.

:depressedLeBron is not that good:depressed
I said he was great. He's just not the MVP.

He should take over games every night but he doesn't because apparently that's not his job. Say what you want with Kobe, but even if he's having a shitty shooting night, more often than not, he empties his clip. He's a cold blooded killer - something LeBron only shows on occasion.

midnightpulp
12-25-2012, 07:56 AM

He should take over games every night but he doesn't because apparently that's not his job. Say what you want with Kobe, but even if he's having a shitty shooting night, more often than not, he empties his clip. He's a cold blooded killer - something LeBron only shows on occasion.

Yep. In the same way a street gang member is. Usually missing his intended target and hitting an innocent instead.

midnightpulp
12-25-2012, 08:02 AM
You cherry picking fagg:lolt. Show me the last two elimination games for the Kang when he was in Cleveland. :rolleyes

That's cherry picking, as well.

Here's an elimination game from his days in Cleveland:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/200905280CLE.html

Has Kirby ever had a performance like when his team was on the brink of going home?

Jodelo
12-25-2012, 08:03 AM

He gets his teammates involved, rightfully so. I know that's something Laker"fans" don't know but it is not the wrong choice. And he has taken enough games over. He just does not need 41 shots to get 34 points a night...

Yep. In the same way a street gang member is. Usually missing his intended target and hitting an innocent instead.

:lmao

midnightpulp
12-25-2012, 08:10 AM

Has Kirby ever had a performance like when his team was on the brink of going home?

Kirb in the same situation. Down 3-1. At home. Win or go home.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/200806150LAL.html

So clutch.

LkrFan
12-25-2012, 08:18 AM

Players are judged by whether they won or not. Kobe's done it 5 times. People won't really give a shit about triple doubles. Magic has way more than LBJ, but what is he remembered by? Winning. Magic won 5 out 9 times in the Finals. Kobe won 5 out of 7. LBJ won 1 out of 3.

Until he wins his 5th (here's a hint: he won't), you can't compare the two. LeBron shouldn't even be in the same conversation but you faggots keep doing it any way.

And since you keep bringing Kobe into threads that don't have shit to do with him, here are things Kobe has done that LeBron never will:

81 points
5 rings

Now. :downspin: that shit.

LkrFan
12-25-2012, 08:22 AM
Kirb in the same situation. Down 3-1. At home. Win or go home.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/200806150LAL.html

So clutch.
Isn't that the same Celtic team that kicked the LeBron-lead Cavs out of the playoffs det year - in the 2nd round? :lol

Faggot.

midnightpulp
12-25-2012, 08:23 AM
Players are judged by whether they won or not. Kobe's done it 5 times. People won't really give a shit about triple doubles. Magic has way more than LBJ, but what is he remembered by? Winning. Magic won 5 out 9 times in the Finals. Kobe won 5 out of 7. LBJ won 1 out of 3.

Until he wins his 5th (here's a hint: he won't), you can't compare the two. LeBron shouldn't even be in the same conversation but you faggots keep doing it any way.

And since you keep bringing Kobe into threads that don't have shit to do with him, here are things Kobe has done that LeBron never will:

81 points
5 rings

Now. :downspin: that shit.

:lol Defaulting to ring smack cause you're getting owned.

Your logic:

Wade>Jerry West

And let's not forget about a player named Shaquille O'Neal who Kirby had the luxury of playing with for half his career. Up until Lebron joined the Heat, the best second option he ever had was Mo Williams. Think about that for a second.

While we're on the subject of regular season accomplishments, something Kirby will never do is win 3 MVPs, a much more impressive feat than chucking up 50 shots and shooting 30 FTs to score 81 points against the then worst team in the league.

midnightpulp
12-25-2012, 08:27 AM
Isn't that the same Celtic team that kicked the LeBron-lead Cavs out of the playoffs det year - in the 2nd round? :lol

Faggot.

You thought you had a zinger there, didn't you?

Guess what? Lebron, with Big Z as his number 2, took that Celtic team to 7 games, didn't lose by 40 in the closeout, and put up what was probably the best individual performance of that year's playoffs.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/200805180BOS.html

I suggest logging off and go opening presents or drowning yourself in eggnog, cause talking basketball with me right now isn't working out too well for you.

LkrFan
12-25-2012, 08:32 AM
:lol Defaulting to ring smack cause you're getting owned.

Your logic:

Wade>Jerry West

And let's not forget about a player named Shaquille O'Neal who Kirby had the luxury of playing with for half his career. Up until Lebron joined the Heat, the best second option he ever had was Mo Williams. Think about that for a second.

While we're on the subject of regular season accomplishments, something Kirby will never do is win 3 MVPs, a much more impressive feat than chucking up 50 shots and shooting 30 FTs to score 81 points against the then worst team in the league.
Owned? You're bringing up meaningless stats. He's a walking stat line. But he only won once.

Logo >> D-Whistle. It's not even close.

LeBron played with Shaq too. Results: 1st round exit. Your other comment about Shaq would have weight if not for the fact that since their split it's Kobe 2, Shaq 1. And he wouldn't have that if Wade didn't shoot more FTAs than any guard in Finals history v. Mavs. Yes, even more than his Airness.

Oh, and if Colorado never happened, Kobe is sitting on at least 4 MVPs. Remember, it's a meaningless media award.

midnightpulp
12-25-2012, 08:37 AM
Owned? You're bringing up meaningless stats. He's a walking stat line. But he only won once.

Logo >> D-Whistle. It's not even close.

LeBron played with Shaq too. Results: 1st round exit. Your other comment about Shaq would have weight if not for the fact that since their split it's Kobe 2, Shaq 1. And he wouldn't have that if Wade didn't shoot more FTAs than any guard in Finals history v. Mavs. Yes, even more than his Airness.

Oh, and if Colorado never happened, Kobe is sitting on at least 4 MVPs. Remember, it's a meaningless media award.

Now he's counterpointing with conspiracy theories and suggesting a 38 year old Shaq was anywhere near the same player that carried Kirby. :lmao And lol at "at least 4 MVPs."

Only thing Kobe's ring count post-Shaq proves is that he played on stacked teams, which he did. Before the Gasol trade, we all know Kobe was missing the playoffs and getting fucked by the Suns.

LkrFan
12-25-2012, 08:41 AM
Now he's counterpointing with conspiracy theories and suggesting a 38 year old Shaq was anywhere near the same player that carried Kirby. :lmao And lol at "at least 4 MVPs."

Only thing Kobe's ring count post-Shaq proves is that he played on stacked teams, which he did. Before the Gasol trade, we all know Kobe was missing the playoffs and getting fucked by the Suns.

Kobe 5
TD 4*
Shaq 4
LeBron 1

^ Stings huh? :lol

midnightpulp
12-25-2012, 08:42 AM
Kobe 5
TD 4*
Shaq 4
LeBron 1

^ Stings huh? :lol

Take that as your concession. Thanks for playing.

LkrFan
12-25-2012, 08:46 AM

2010: One 1st ballot HOFer beat 3. Were the Celtics (who knocked LeBron's Cavs out the playoffs) NOT stacked?

midnightpulp
12-25-2012, 08:56 AM
2010: One 1st ballot HOFer beat 3. Were the Celtics (who knocked LeBron's Cavs out the playoffs) NOT stacked?

No first ballot Hall of Famers beat 4 in '04. 1 top ten player of all time beat 2 top ten players of all-time in '03.

I can play that game, too. And it's retarded.

Those '10 Celts had a good squad. I wouldn't consider them "stacked," since their big 3 were past their primes. But they gelled well and played great team basketball. Lakers were still better on paper, though.

Jodelo
12-25-2012, 09:08 AM
LkrFan going back to the ring talk! :lmao

LeBron is better than Kobe, neal with it. :toast

Brunodf
12-25-2012, 09:57 AM
I don't think that a player deserves the MVP when his team is better without him...

Cry Havoc
12-25-2012, 12:07 PM

:lmao :lmao :lmao

You should really stop posting. :lmao :lmao :lmao

LkrFan
12-25-2012, 12:42 PM
:lmao :lmao :lmao

You should really stop posting. :lmao :lmao :lmao
You giving him a pass for not dominating scrubs in the 4th qtr, but I'm not. They scored 12 pathetic points in a home game and lost. Against scrubs, he should have scored at least 15 - but again, it's "not his job" to score a ton of points - even though his team needed him to do so. You'd think Pippen, Rodman, or Bowen was checking him the way they locked dat ass down.

Blowing det game without Melo just might haunt them when it's all said and done. It's enough Daddy Tyson cut off his 2nd option (Bosh) holding his faggot ass to 3/12 in det game. Wade was no better with his 3/13 offering. Seeing that type of pathetic support should have sent LeBron into scoring mode but that's not in his job description.:rolleyes

LkrFan
12-25-2012, 12:46 PM
LkrFan going back to the ring talk! :lmao

LeBron is better than Kobe, neal with it. :toast
Rings matter. It's what separates TD & Mailman in the GOAT PF argument (Mailman offensively > TD and TD defensively > Mailman in my book). The difference? 4>0.

LkrFan
12-25-2012, 12:53 PM
No first ballot Hall of Famers beat 4 in '04. 1 top ten player of all time beat 2 top ten players of all-time in '03.

I can play that game, too. And it's retarded.

Those '10 Celts had a good squad. I wouldn't consider them "stacked," since their big 3 were past their primes. But they gelled well and played great team basketball. Lakers were still better on paper, though.
Fair enough points. However, I disagree on the talent argument:

Kobe > Ray Allen
Pierce > MWP
KG > Gasol

Advantage: Boston. Bynum was on one leg. Had him and Perk been 100% I would have agreed with you regarding talent.

Cry Havoc
12-25-2012, 01:14 PM
Rings matter. It's what separates TD & Mailman in the GOAT PF argument (Mailman offensively > TD and TD defensively > Mailman in my book). The difference? 4>0.

You don't think that's just a bit overly simplistic? I mean, Howard is better on D than Malone, Malone is better on offense than Howard, does that mean they're equal players?

Malone had a history of not stepping up in big games. His skills were not diverse enough to translate to the playoffs, and the team usually didn't have enough around him to punish teams for focusing him on D.

Malone was an excellent offensive player and a good defensive player. Duncan is historically an excellent offensive player (not quite as good as Malone) and one of the best defenders in NBA history. The disparity between Duncan and Malone on offense is not nearly the same as the comparison on D. Duncan is miles ahead of Mailman on the defensive side of things, and his team's performances throughout the years speak to that.

Malone never had a performance like Duncan has in the playoffs either. Those kind of "peak games" tend to stick out in people's minds, for better or worse.

Technique
12-25-2012, 01:15 PM
At the end of the day is LeBron a better player than Melo? Sure. LeBron has a shot to become the GOAT. But, that's not what we're talking about here. We're talking about the regular season MVP. It's clear to me LeBron's team is taking this season quite casually. It's only natural for the defending champs to play with less hunger and determination at this point in the season.

The fact is, Melo has the Knicks united and focused. He's not just the league's most versatile scorer, he's all over on defense, crashing the boards and trusting his teammates. The result is the best record in the ECF. When Rose won MVP he wasn't a superior player to LeBron, he was doing good things with the Bulls - while LeBron was scrutinized for joining the Heat, especially when the Heat were under performing.

This is Melo's year. Just watch today's game against the Lakers, he's been doing it all and not just on the offensive end this year.

Cry Havoc
12-25-2012, 01:17 PM
It's clear to me LeBron's team is taking this season quite casually. .

25.4, 8.5, and 6.8 on 54%/43% is casual to you? :wow

The result is the best record in the ECF.

The Heat have the best record right now.

Brunodf
12-25-2012, 01:22 PM

Of course rings matter, but when you actually lead your team...

Duncan is also much better under pressure.
Malone is one of the biggest chokers of all time, had a top 5 player of his generation in his team and couldn't win a ring:lol

LkrFan
12-25-2012, 01:26 PM
You don't think that's just a bit overly simplistic? I mean, Howard is better on D than Malone, Malone is better on offense than Howard, does that mean they're equal players?

Malone had a history of not stepping up in big games. His skills were not diverse enough to translate to the playoffs, and the team usually didn't have enough around him to punish teams for focusing him on D.

Malone was an excellent offensive player and a good defensive player. Duncan is historically an excellent offensive player (not quite as good as Malone) and one of the best defenders in NBA history. The disparity between Duncan and Malone on offense is not nearly the same as the comparison on D. Duncan is miles ahead of Mailman on the defensive side of things, and his team's performances throughout the years speak to that.

Malone never had a performance like Duncan has in the playoffs either. Those kind of "peak games" tend to stick out in people's minds, for better or worse.
Malone maybe didn't play up to par against TD, but I know against the Showtime Lakers he was dialed in more often than not. But he did step up in the playoffs. He just so happened to run into the eventual champion Bulls (Rodman to be exact). No shame in that.

i would have loved to see prime Malone v. TD. He was a load.

Cry Havoc
12-25-2012, 01:30 PM
Malone maybe didn't play up to par against TD, but I know against the Showtime Lakers he was dialed in more often than not. But he did step up in the playoffs. He just so happened to run into the eventual champion Bulls (Rodman to be exact). No shame in that.

i would have loved to see prime Malone v. TD. He was a load.

But he also had two years when Jordan retired, as well as post-Jordan to win a ring. Not only did he not do that, the Jazz didn't make the Finals in that span. They lost to the Rockets twice, and then had several first round flameouts.

Malone was obviously a great player, just a slight step down from Duncan from what I've seen of them play. He just couldn't do enough on offense to offset the limited impact (by comparison) he had on D.

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-25-2012, 01:42 PM
LeBron played with Shaq too. Results: 1st round exit.

1) 2nd round exit. Quit revising history.

2) The Lebron also played with Shaq argument is one of the most intellectually dishonest I've ever seen

3) You're fuckin retarded and that's why you're in the military :lmao

LkrFan
12-25-2012, 01:54 PM
1) 2nd round exit. Quit revising history.

2) The Lebron also played with Shaq argument is one of the most intellectually dishonest I've ever seen

3) You're fuckin retarded and that's why you're in the military :lmao

1) I knew that

2) So what, it's funny

3) I am just as, if not more educated than all you faggots - despite being in the military

:)

Stalin
12-25-2012, 01:55 PM
^ its true, only retards sign up for the military, i should know

LkrFan
12-25-2012, 01:58 PM
^ its true, only retards sign up for the military, i should know
:lol - sup Germany's finest?

Jodelo
12-25-2012, 01:59 PM
:lolmilitary

LkrFan
12-25-2012, 02:04 PM
:lolmilitary
You ignorant fucks act like I'm on the frontline toting an M-16. None of dat son. :lol

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-25-2012, 02:05 PM
You ignorant fucks act like I'm on the frontline toting an M-16. None of dat son. :lol

Are you someone sending people to the front lines to die? That's so honorable. You're a real hero :tu

LkrFan
12-25-2012, 02:08 PM
Are you someone sending people to the front lines to die? That's so honorable. You're a real hero :tu
N:lol - I'm a healthcare administrator. I medically evacuate them before they die. Thanks for asking though.

Stalin
12-25-2012, 02:23 PM
:lol - sup Germany's finest?

hmm? what you mean scrah?

ElNono
12-25-2012, 02:28 PM
hmm? what you mean scrah?

Scrah, hes a product of the American education system coupled with a military career... You'll have to excuse him, tbh

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-25-2012, 02:38 PM
Scrah, hes a product of the American education system coupled with a military career... You'll have to excuse him, tbh

Sup Nono

Stalin
12-25-2012, 02:38 PM

oh shit!!

ElNono
12-25-2012, 03:42 PM
Sup Nono

Chillin.. sup with you, DoK

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-25-2012, 04:17 PM
Chillin.. sup with you, DoK

Bout to go to a casino with some jew friends

ElNono
12-25-2012, 04:33 PM
Bout to go to a casino with some jew friends