PDA

View Full Version : Seriously, why in the world does Tim Tebow gets so much media attention?

TheCultOfPersonality
12-26-2012, 07:10 AM
Despite the fact that he's a horrible NFL player and there's really nothing special about him, he gets more media attention than Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, Drew Brees, & Peyton Manning.

Pelicans78
12-26-2012, 08:11 AM
He has a huge cult following due to how he openly expresses his religious beliefs, plus he was one of the best players in college history. Add in his awful skills as a passer, he's very polarizing. His cult followers hugely support him and his detractors are negative against him.

BUMP
12-26-2012, 11:33 AM
I think it will take him having a full shitty year as a starter for him to completely go away. If he goes to Jacksonville and does awful then nobody will care to give him a chance again.

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-26-2012, 11:39 AM
You can thank Josh McDaniels. If not for the one person in NFL history dumb enough to take Tebow in the 1st round due to obvious trolling from Belichick taking Tebow out to dinner a few times, we wouldn't be talking about him at this point. He would have never had the 2011 season he had and he'd be out of the NFL by now.

Bill_Brasky
12-26-2012, 11:43 AM
Tim Tebow should just go away. To his credit though I don't really think he tries to cause the circus, it just sort of never stops.

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-26-2012, 01:05 PM
My bigger issue is why the Jets get so much coverage and after every loss they've had this year "WHAT'S WRONG WITH THE JETS!?!?!?!?!" is discussed ad-nauseam on ESPN the monday after as if a really shitty team losing games is a huge surprise. They're the 2nd most popular team in New York and collapsed last season to finish 8-8. Them playing like shit was pretty expected this year and ESPN treats it as earth-shattering news.

Bill_Brasky
12-26-2012, 01:12 PM
My bigger issue is why the Jets get so much coverage and after every loss they've had this year "WHAT'S WRONG WITH THE JETS!?!?!?!?!" is discussed ad-nauseam on ESPN the monday after as if a really shitty team losing games is a huge surprise. They're the 2nd most popular team in New York and collapsed last season to finish 8-8. Them playing like shit was pretty expected this year and ESPN treats it as earth-shattering news.

Especially after literally every analyst said at the time that the Tebow trade was a dumb move that would further fuck up their already shitty offensive attack.

jeebus
12-27-2012, 11:58 PM
lol starting Sanchez instead of Tebow after a McElroy concussion

DeadlyDynasty
12-28-2012, 12:06 AM

McElroy's lucky to be alive after 11 sacks. Tebow should look at this as a gift

TheCultOfPersonality
12-30-2012, 12:21 PM
I'm guessing that Jeremy Kerley will be the backup quarterback.

Bill_Brasky
12-30-2012, 01:12 PM

Apparently starting Tebow activates some clause in his contract where they have to pay him more. Stupid fuckin Jets :lmao