PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: NBA ATS Picks, 12/26/12

Ghazi
12-26-2012, 02:27 PM
Magic -3 - I'm not sure why they're laying so few points to the Hornets. Glen Davis is out, but Nicholson can do an adequate job of replacing him. No Eric Gordon tonight, IDT.. Anthony Davis is good, but his defensive stats, as expected w/ a lot of rookies, are terrible. In fact I suppose it can be argued that the Hornets are a better team as far as individual talent, but the Magic's chemistry/defense more than offset that. Vegas had the O/U on Magic wins set at 23.5 this year and they're on pace for 35-40. I like the Magic to win here.

Nuggets -3.5 - This is a horrible spot for the Lakers. an old team w/ no depth playing a b2b in Denver. Lawson can blaze by Nash, and Miller can post him up. the Lakers are 26th in the league at fastbreak efficiency defense and 30th in FB pts allowed. The Nuggets are one of the best fastbreaking teams in the league, especially at home. It certainly does't help that the Lakers are 29th in turnover rate, which fan fuel more fast breaks. Iguodala can probably do a decent job defensively on Bryant. While the Nuggets give up size here, are a poor shooting team and have trouble defending the 3, I see too many things working in their favor here.. the team is amazing at home. I also feel like the Nuggets size issue won't be properly exploited by the Lakers. I saw very few post ups yesterday for the Lakers.. Gasol operated more as apasser out of the elbow and Howard isn't even efficient posting up. Duncan shredded the Nuggets for 30/15 last week (eve though Nuggets won), but Howard doesn't have that kind of skill.

Knicks -2.5 - I'm not sure why they'd only lay 2.5 to the Suns. Very poor defense and very por rebounding fr the Suns. Melo as a PF should be a huge mismatch here... Felton may be out, but I don't think he should be worth that much to the spread... Prigioni can certainly spell him. Suns are worst in league at 3P%, and the Knicks offensive chemistry/ball movement should certainly be able to find looks here. I know its a b2b road game for the Knicks, but I really like them to win here.

Mal
12-26-2012, 05:25 PM
PHX ml is banker tonight. I can easily see Spurs covering 13. Their garbage time players are doing pretty good job, so backdoor cover is less possible.

Ghazi
12-26-2012, 07:39 PM
went with Magic and Nuggets.

DeadlyDynasty
12-26-2012, 07:51 PM
Took the fan tax (-3.5)

Ghazi
12-26-2012, 11:47 PM
Took the fan tax (-3.5)

:lol

I went 1-2... did Suns -2 at last minute.. I'm stupid

DeadlyDynasty
12-27-2012, 01:10 AM
:lolCruel...having the Hornets ruin your bet is one of those times you believe there's a higher power--just to fuck with you. Had 2 brutal bets like that this year. The LAL-OKC game -7.5, where the Thunder were stomping them out with 3-4 minutes left, then they let off the gas and fucking Chris Duhon hits a 3 to cover. The other was the Ravens-Chargers (+2.5) game when SD had a 10-pt lead late in the game...then 4th and 29 happened.

2 gigantic shit sandwiches

Latarian Milton
12-27-2012, 03:06 AM
i bet one dollar that ghazi didnt put his money on any of these games tonight

Ghazi
12-27-2012, 03:35 AM
:lol DD I had the Chargers in that game too.

So frustrating.

I feel like I run like shit in football

4th and 29
Harbaugh DECLINING the safety
Mountaineers allowing a 94 yard TD pass and then losing in OT
USC can't get a TD 6 inches away from ND with 4 downs

:cry :cry

Mal
12-27-2012, 05:51 AM
:lolCruel...having the Hornets ruin your bet is one of those times you believe there's a higher power--just to fuck with you. Had 2 brutal bets like that this year. The LAL-OKC game -7.5, where the Thunder were stomping them out with 3-4 minutes left, then they let off the gas and fucking Chris Duhon hits a 3 to cover. The other was the Ravens-Chargers (+2.5) game when SD had a 10-pt lead late in the game...then 4th and 29 happened.

2 gigantic shit sandwiches

Ha ! Had Ravens that game :)