PDA

View Full Version : Offseason

Scola#13
06-29-2005, 11:58 PM
Now that the off season has begun, i thought up a couple of things the spurs should do.
Bring over Scola would be one of the moves
Trade rasho for cap space and or draft picks, this will give us a reason to bring over Jaktovas as well who is said to be a goal keeper like center defensivly.
Possible teams are: Atlanta, New York, Memphis and Phoenix

We should resign first off Bob Horry, Linton Johnson and Devin drown.
But that leaves a hole at backup small forward, so we could go after Dermarr Johnson who has the height at 6'9 and the lenght to play SF and has range and hops.
If Dermarr requests to much we can not sign brown and sign johnson to play both at 2 and 3.

Depth Chart.
PG Parker/Udrih
SG Ginobili/Barry/Brown
SF Bowen/Johnson/Johnson III
PF Duncan/Scola/Horry
C Mohammad/Nestorvic or Jaktovas

We have a solid team there with both youth and experience and we keepour big three Parker Gino and TD.

Mr. Body
06-30-2005, 12:46 AM
I don't see trading Rasho. Maybe later in the season. A big maybe.

I honestly don't see Javtokas ever a Spur at this point.

Not a fan of Linton Johnson. He might as well go to the NBDL.

Not a huge fan of Dermarr Johnson, either. Be interesting to pry a guy like Diaw away from Atlanta, which doesn't need him.

The rest I generally agree with. Your namesake Scola is a must.

Boo
06-30-2005, 01:30 AM
Bob Horry

:lol :lol :lol :rollin :rollin :rollin

TheTruth
06-30-2005, 01:41 AM
I wouldn't trade Rasho unless were are blow away by a Team. It's hard to find a legit 7ftr with his D skills.

AI-square
06-30-2005, 01:46 AM
We should resign first off Bob Horry, Linton Johnson and Devin drown.
But that leaves a hole at backup small forward

Well, one thing I've noticed is that when Devin Brown comes into the game, Manu seems to step into the SF role. In any case, if the Spurs want depth at SF, I'm sure they can find a way to keep Glenn Robinson.

constantstate
06-30-2005, 02:01 AM
Now that the off season has begun, i thought up a couple of things the spurs should do.
sign scola. (hell yeah) signing robert horry, that would be the second in a line of great moves... but i dont think that linton will be with the spurs next season?

brown is a tough question too? is he gonna be a backup to barry and never play, or is he gonna be the explosive scorer/defender coming off the bench that he was at times last season in favor of barry?

how about his injury? (is it THAT bad?) and if it is, do you pay him for "time served"? he's a fan favorite, and a homegrown guy too. so i dont know what happens with him?

rasho. i dont think the spurs can afford that expensive of a backup? i can see them trading him... and the east is looking for big bodies to go up against shaq 4 times a year and in the playoffs.

a solid backup point and a more solid backup 3 (who's not undersized and can run) those would be on my "wish list of champions" but i feel spoiled saying it.

constantstate
06-30-2005, 07:32 PM
when will we hear anything on scola?

ObiwanGinobili
06-30-2005, 07:52 PM
Bob Horry

:lol god, don't let him hear you say that.

midgetonadonkey
06-30-2005, 08:27 PM
Brown plays solid D and has a nice shot. He fits well in the backup SF role. He may not be a shutdown 3 but he will work his ass off on D. Why not mold him into the 3 while keeping Barry and Manu at the 2. Barry, Manu, Brown and Bowen can play the three effectively enough. Even bringing in Big Dog off the bench of instant offense will help throughout the season.