PDA

View Full Version : Fact or fiction : Stephen Jackson plays well (offensively)l only when he starts

lefty
12-27-2012, 10:11 AM
So far, we haven yet to see Jax play at a star level; to his credit, when coming off the bench, he compensates his bad offense by some good D, hustle, so you know the effort is there

However, on offense, he hasn't been very efficient and is decision making has been questionable.

And I'm sure he has had enough time to adjust to his "new" team since the trade.

So what should we do with him?

I dont think Pop will start him at the SF spot because of Kawhi
And I dont think he would start at the SG spot even if Green is sucking, since Jax doesnt seem to be as quick as he was in 2003.

Interrohater
12-27-2012, 10:25 AM
PF

ajballer4
12-27-2012, 11:03 AM
He's not a star. There's no need for him to play at star level

timvp
12-27-2012, 11:13 AM
So far, we haven yet to see Jax play at a star level

That's where I stopped. Sounds like your expectations are too high. Jack isn't capable of playing a starring role anymore. He'll be doing his job if he can play D, help a little on the boards, make a few plays and shoot for a halfway decent percentage. His return from the finger injury has been ugly thus far but he should be able to bounce back.

Amuseddaysleeper
12-27-2012, 11:44 AM
Do people forget how awesome Jack looked before he got injured? He was playing solid defense, getting to the basket and making things happen.

He's going to be slow at this age coming off an injury, I wouldn't worry about him until a month from now

Bruno
12-27-2012, 11:57 AM
Jack finger is still fucked up:
http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2012/12/26/spurs-appreciate-gift-of-home-court-at-christmas/

Let's wait for him to be healthy. In addition Jack has never been an efficient scorer (except in the last playoffs) but I take him and his average shooting percentages over efficient shooters like HWSNBN and Bonner who fold under the pressure.

And I don't have a clue why starting or coming from the bench would be a factor in Jack success.

lefty
12-27-2012, 01:15 PM
That's where I stopped. Sounds like your expectations are too high. Jack isn't capable of playing a starring role anymore. He'll be doing his job if he can play D, help a little on the boards, make a few plays and shoot for a halfway decent percentage. His return from the finger injury has been ugly thus far but he should be able to bounce back.
Well I hope Im wrong

lefty
12-27-2012, 01:16 PM
Jack finger is still fucked up:
http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2012/12/26/spurs-appreciate-gift-of-home-court-at-christmas/

Let's wait for him to be healthy. In addition Jack has never been an efficient scorer (except in the last playoffs) but I take him and his average shooting percentages over efficient shooters like HWSNBN and Bonner who fold under the pressure.

And I don't have a clue why starting or coming from the bench would be a factor in Jack success.

Some players are more comfy when starting, others when coming off the bench

DesignatedT
12-27-2012, 01:19 PM
Jack is fine off the bench. Starting him would be a horrible move.

lefty
12-27-2012, 01:22 PM
Jack is fine off the bench. Starting him would be a horrible move.

Well we all know its not gonna happen

Bruno
12-27-2012, 02:41 PM

And do you have seen some hints that Jack could be one of these players?

elemento
12-27-2012, 03:01 PM
Jackson has never been ultra-efficient and his stats in the regular season in 12/13 actually suck. He gets a pass because people expect him to raise his game in the playoffs (and he usually does).

Not sure how can we expect a star level from Jack at 34. In his prime he was good, but I don't think he was ever a star in this league. Right now, he is a good role player and that's about it.

crc21209
12-27-2012, 08:18 PM
Yeah Jack's not going to play at a "star" level anymore. The most we can expect from him is to bring some intensity out on the court on D, rebound, and hit timely shots when the Spurs need him to. And we all know he turns it up a level when it matters the most in the Playoffs, and that's all that matters to me...

Drz
12-27-2012, 08:32 PM
Well... comfy, yes, but I would hope it's obvious to everyone* that whether you start or come off the bench has NO bearing on your talent level or ability to produce.

* by everyone, I mean you lefty.