PDA

View Full Version : Blazers: Blazers open to trading LaMarcus Aldridge

djohn2oo8
12-27-2012, 11:37 AM
During the Blazers’ recent homestand, a respected and veteran beat reporter approached me and told me that an assistant coach for the team he covered said the Blazers are shopping LaMarcus Aldridge.

Olshey said he has made zero calls to other teams about Aldridge. He did say he has fielded one inquiry from another team, but it was more exploratory in nature, that team feeling the Blazers out. And he said he has no plans to make any future calls about Aldridge as February approaches.

http://www.oregonlive.com/blazers/index.ssf/2012/12/blazers_insider_general_manager_neil_olshey_eyes_t .html

djohn2oo8
12-27-2012, 11:38 AM
If this is true...

Lin
Harden
Parsons
Aldridge
Asik

My N!ggas

KoolAid Mans Brother
12-27-2012, 11:42 AM
:lmao "Non-issue"
:lmao t-schlong

weebo
12-27-2012, 11:46 AM
Damaged goods.

Killakobe81
12-27-2012, 11:50 AM
Damaged goods.

Agreed. If true have to give Blazers props for not wanting to get stuck with another damaged goods big man.

Mal
12-27-2012, 12:38 PM
Damaged goods.

Everybody there is injured. They get LeBron and he`d play there 30 gms/season

Brunodf
12-27-2012, 01:00 PM
trade Jack/Bonner for him

stretch
12-27-2012, 01:03 PM
If he really is on the market, IMO the Mavs need to make a serious push for him.

Killakobe81
12-27-2012, 01:17 PM
If he really is on the market, IMO the Mavs need to make a serious push for him.

Im a big believer in acquiring talent and worrying about "fit" later ...but would you start LA and Dirk in teh fron-court togther? Who would anchor the paint? DIrk is an older better version of Aldridge already ...

stretch
12-27-2012, 01:38 PM
Im a big believer in acquiring talent and worrying about "fit" later ...but would you start LA and Dirk in teh fron-court togther? Who would anchor the paint? DIrk is an older better version of Aldridge already ...

I'm interested in getting him more so for the sake of keeping a high level of talent and competition in Dallas. The three most consistently competitive teams since 2000 has been the Lakers, Spurs, and Mavs, and they all have done so by finding free-agent steals as well as quality trades. They can only continue pulling these off as long as they have a high level of talent and competition there, and having Aldridge there will continue making Dallas attractive enough that they can get those dark horse FA signings, and then making trades and keeping players here after their contract is up.

I'm not expecting this to help them bag guys like DH or CP3, but there still have been quality signings that the Mavs have gotten over the years like Shawn Marion, Brandon Bass, OJ Mayo, etc... as well as trades that resulted in solid players resigning with Dallas like Jason Terry, Jason Kidd, and Jerry Stackhouse. IMO you gotta find ways to make successful signings and trades to be consistently competitive.

Generally you need the draft to get a big star type of talent, but if the Mavs could get Aldridge, that may help get rid of that process of having to get lucky and find that type of talent. He's not a transcendent talent like Dirk, Kobe or Duncan, but you can still build a very good team, even a championship level team with him as one of two or three main pieces. If Mayo reaches his potential finally, and you combine him with Aldridge and a solid PG... I think that is a set of players you could definitely build a competitive team around.

Alridge and Dirk may not seem like the best fit, but its not like this Mavs team is going to win a championship anyways. I'm more interested in the future.

djohn2oo8
12-27-2012, 01:44 PM
http://i.imgur.com/6QQ9U.gif

Brazil
12-27-2012, 04:38 PM
trade Jack/Bonner for him

Fuck that... It's a steal for the blazers :lmao

LkrFan
12-27-2012, 04:50 PM
Damaged goods.
No trolling - what's wrong with him?

Killakobe81
12-27-2012, 04:58 PM
I'm interested in getting him more so for the sake of keeping a high level of talent and competition in Dallas. The three most consistently competitive teams since 2000 has been the Lakers, Spurs, and Mavs, and they all have done so by finding free-agent steals as well as quality trades. They can only continue pulling these off as long as they have a high level of talent and competition there, and having Aldridge there will continue making Dallas attractive enough that they can get those dark horse FA signings, and then making trades and keeping players here after their contract is up.

I'm not expecting this to help them bag guys like DH or CP3, but there still have been quality signings that the Mavs have gotten over the years like Shawn Marion, Brandon Bass, OJ Mayo, etc... as well as trades that resulted in solid players resigning with Dallas like Jason Terry, Jason Kidd, and Jerry Stackhouse. IMO you gotta find ways to make successful signings and trades to be consistently competitive.

Generally you need the draft to get a big star type of talent, but if the Mavs could get Aldridge, that may help get rid of that process of having to get lucky and find that type of talent. He's not a transcendent talent like Dirk, Kobe or Duncan, but you can still build a very good team, even a championship level team with him as one of two or three main pieces. If Mayo reaches his potential finally, and you combine him with Aldridge and a solid PG... I think that is a set of players you could definitely build a competitive team around.

Alridge and Dirk may not seem like the best fit, but its not like this Mavs team is going to win a championship anyways. I'm more interested in the future.

Great points, Stretch you at least are honest and realistic unlike my Laker and mav fan friends. I don't think either of our team's ringing soon but I get,the Lakers gamble on Dwight and why you feel the same about Aldridge

Mel_13
12-27-2012, 04:59 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolff-Parkinson-White_syndrome#Notable_cases

Koolaid_Man
12-27-2012, 06:04 PM
Pau for LA...Do IT BITCH !!!

weebo
12-27-2012, 06:08 PM

Why trade a young talented big unless something is wrong with him? Last I remember LA had a hip labral tear so he could be having issues with that. Possibly an arthritic hip?

tlongII
12-27-2012, 06:37 PM
Non-issue. He's not on the market.

Chinook
12-27-2012, 09:39 PM
I like Aldridge. I hope Phoenix trades for him before it's too late.

Latarian Milton
12-28-2012, 01:55 AM
he may not be the best fit to accompany dirk but i see he would still improve the mavs squad in place of the half-bald german fag tbh. mavs have some expiring contracts totalling up to 15m something which will be an attractive asset for teams who're set to rebuild imho. dallas has a good owner who's willing to spend and is genuinely a big basketball fan himself, so they can always convert some of their expiring shits into instant quality. mavs might have been the 2nd most consistent team in the past decade next only to the spurs, and the most recent time when they missed the playoffs could date back to the late 1990s imho, but it seems like theyre built only to be such a competitive team rather than a champion. they won it in 2011 but i seriously doubt their FO or even the most staunch mavs supporters (ghazi excluded) had expected them to win the championship before they actually did it tbh

rayjayjohnson
12-28-2012, 04:04 AM
Non-issue. He's not on the market.

like how you're not fat and old?