PDA

View Full Version : JaVel Mcgee

hotsauce0987
12-27-2012, 01:13 PM
would you trade for him? I think he has potental. I think he can be good under a good coach like pop.

DesignatedT
12-27-2012, 01:16 PM
You mean JaVale McGee? Denver isn't going to trade him.

hotsauce0987
12-27-2012, 01:17 PM
yea lol sorry im doin like 5 things at once at work

gee
12-27-2012, 01:19 PM
Bonner blair and neal should do the trick

DesignatedT
12-27-2012, 01:19 PM
Bonner blair and neal should do the trick

:lol

Brunodf
12-27-2012, 01:20 PM
Are u fucking nuts?????????????? He is the dumbest player in the league, his contract is BADDDDDD

Captivus
12-27-2012, 01:23 PM
I like Javale, but the Spurs cant get him.

hotsauce0987
12-27-2012, 01:25 PM
well just think how good he can be if pop coached him.

BG_Spurs_Fan
12-27-2012, 01:42 PM

He would be good sitting at the end of the bench?

Raven
12-27-2012, 01:46 PM
he's terrible, poor denver commited a LOT of money to him but have been starting Kosta freaking Kufos ever since..

99 Problems
12-27-2012, 08:16 PM
The upside is scary, this guy has serious ability. He starts on the bench because old George can not teach him everything in 5 minutes. Watched them last week in that game when he was swatn' everything and banging in shots. This guy if he reaches his ceiling is gunna be a head turner.

crc21209
12-27-2012, 08:18 PM
Yeah...Denver wouldn't trade him anyway. They just traded FOR him last year....

BanditHiro
12-27-2012, 08:22 PM
bad contract and would still be a project.

therealtruth
12-27-2012, 10:06 PM

Don't know about that. Who's the second big other than TD that Pop has developed?

Mark in Austin
12-27-2012, 11:01 PM
Don't know about that. Who's the second big other than TD that Pop has developed?

Michael Finley :toast

Brunodf
12-27-2012, 11:06 PM

Pop developed TD? Didn't he came ready?

cd021
12-27-2012, 11:57 PM
Are u fucking nuts?????????????? He is the dumbest player in the league, his contract is BADDDDDD

Yeah... not true at all. He blocks shots at a high rate runs the floor like a gazelle, and playing on a team with actual floor spacing and great passing from Manu, Diaw, Duncan, & Sjax he would be throwing it down 4 times a night.

I hate when someone labels someone they don't even know, dumb, it make you sound a little ridiculous,

4 years 44 million is a good deal, and his potential is thru the roof.

P.E.R OF 23 and blocking 3.7 shots per 36 minutes

cd021
12-28-2012, 12:03 AM

I'm starting to think people don't actually know his contract

4 years 44 million P.E.R of 23.05 and blocking 2 shots in 19 minutes a game off the bench

his per 36 is 20pts, 3.7 blks and 9 rebs.

Pau Gasol 2 years 38 million P.E.R of 15.3 in 35 minutes

PingPong
12-28-2012, 07:31 AM
:wow

http://youtu.be/5fBdAPfk8r4

:lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIzDVFM50ok

NickiRasgo
12-28-2012, 08:07 AM
I would do that given a chance and if it's possible, the only players I'm alright to trade are Blair, Neal, Mills, Bonner.

He's dumb but he's pretty decent for a big man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDqQuB_aPak

I know it's only 1 game but still.

8FOR!3
12-28-2012, 08:08 AM
he's terrible, poor denver commited a LOT of money to him but have been starting Kosta freaking Kufos ever since..

You do realize you're just talking out your ass right? Kosta Koufos starts, because JaVale McGee plays better with Andre Miller in the game. That's why they bring him off the bench. Take a mental note or write that down.

Raven
12-28-2012, 12:04 PM
You do realize you're just talking out your ass right? Kosta Koufos starts, because JaVale McGee plays better with Andre Miller in the game. That's why they bring him off the bench. Take a mental note or write that down.

yeah cause Kosta gives the team more perimeter D ... you do know they are both monkeyballers with no offensive game from more than 1feet away from the rim, do you? If someone like Kosta is playing ahead of him, it's simply because he is not good enough.

KaiRMD1
12-28-2012, 12:18 PM
Javale's a sporatic beast but unfortunately if he were any smarter, he'd be a moron

SenorSpur
12-28-2012, 07:46 PM
I like his ability. I don't like his brain.

Spurs da champs
12-28-2012, 08:11 PM
Pop didn't develop Timmy! Tim was already great & had a great mentor in Robinson, the only player Pop "developed" was Tony, tbh.

Chinook
12-28-2012, 08:42 PM
Yeah... not true at all. He blocks shots at a high rate runs the floor like a gazelle, and playing on a team with actual floor spacing and great passing from Manu, Diaw, Duncan, & Sjax he would be throwing it down 4 times a night.

I hate when someone labels someone they don't even know, dumb, it make you sound a little ridiculous,

4 years 44 million is a good deal, and his potential is thru the roof.

P.E.R OF 23 and blocking 3.7 shots per 36 minutes

McGee puts up good numbers as a bench player, but he's not starting because he is really inconsistent and doesn't play as well when given extended minutes.

I agree with you that people shouldn't personally attack players they don't know, but it's entirely fair to say McGee has one of the worst basketball IQs in the NBA right now. He's demonstrated this over his entire career: He makes a lot of bone-headed plays, and that doesn't fly in San Antonio, where even the worst big (Blair) has above-average basketball intelligence.

And 4/44 is not a good contract for a player with potential who is an unknown fit. It's only good if that player brings a known level of production consistently and is going to be an essential piece to your team. McGee is not so much better than Splitter that he is worth $7 Million more. I wish the Spurs had a big man like him, though, because it would be better to have to live with McGee's shortcomings than Blair's.

Paranoid Pop
12-28-2012, 09:01 PM
McGee puts up good numbers as a bench player, but he's not starting because he is really inconsistent and doesn't play as well when given extended minutes.

I agree with you that people shouldn't personally attack players they don't know, but it's entirely fair to say McGee has one of the worst basketball IQs in the NBA right now. He's demonstrated this over his entire career: He makes a lot of bone-headed plays, and that doesn't fly in San Antonio, where even the worst big (Blair) has above-average basketball intelligence.

And 4/44 is not a good contract for a player with potential who is an unknown fit. It's only good if that player brings a known level of production consistently and is going to be an essential piece to your team. McGee is not so much better than Splitter that he is worth $7 Million more. I wish the Spurs had a big man like him, though, because it would be better to have to live with McGee's shortcomings than Blair's.

Well they are paying for the player he could become plus he doesn't fit that well next to Faried.

But I seriously do think McGee's potential on D could be worth the 7 millions for the Spurs at least.

Chinook
12-28-2012, 10:58 PM
Well they are paying for the player he could become plus he doesn't fit that well next to Faried.

But I seriously do think McGee's potential on D could be worth the 7 millions for the Spurs at least.

I think that Denver regrets most of their re-signings over the last few years. They paid McGee assuming he was going to be the answer at the five, and he's underwhelmed in that regard. If he were the player he was in the last playoffs all the time, he'd be worth trading for, but he'd also be untouchable in Denver. I don't think Pop would be interested in coaching someone who's been in the league that long and still makes crazy mistakes. If this were last year, for sure he'd be worth the risk, though.

cd021
12-28-2012, 11:06 PM

Valid points, but I don't really agree with them. McGee has played well in long stretches the team has played inconsistent around him, Iggy P.E.R is actually below the NBA average. If the Nuggets could actually hit 3's and force defenders to guard the arc McGee could be open for lobs in the pick in rob with Lawson and Miller like Chandler is with Melo, Kidd, and Felton. His athleticism is and mobility can more than make up for his biggest short coming "Basketball IQ"

Defensively he can develop into an elite shot blocker he's 7 foot, 7'7 arm span, 38+ inch vert and mobile to boot. Let him come off the bench for a season with a short leash and he's bound to play harder and smarter given smaller opportunities to play. He is really the key for Denver to become an contender in the next couple of years (likely not this year or next year) but with a core of Lawson, Gallinari (inconsistent, but talented) Faried, Iguodala and Mcgee

take for example a couple of games ago, Denver @ Clippers, McGee grabbed an offensive rebound dribbled it back out to about the free throw line and attempted a no look bound pass in the paint to a cutting player , the pass was awful, but 10 second later Bledsoe pump faked on a closeout drove to the rim and McGee sprinted across the lane and cleanly blocked the shot out of bounds.

He has never had consistency in his NBA career, he's had 5 coaches in four full seasons. Karl is the best fit out of all of them and he is still only 24 and is producing 10pts in less than 20 minutes a game and 61% FG. Splitter is still technically on a "rookie deal" and has played inconsistent at times as well. McGee's deal is better than Nene's and is more flexible in a year that contract could easily prove to be well worth it and even a steal.

cd021
12-28-2012, 11:08 PM
I think that Denver regrets most of their re-signings over the last few years. They paid McGee assuming he was going to be the answer at the five, and he's underwhelmed in that regard. If he were the player he was in the last playoffs all the time, he'd be worth trading for, but he'd also be untouchable in Denver. I don't think Pop would be interested in coaching someone who's been in the league that long and still makes crazy mistakes. If this were last year, for sure he'd be worth the risk, though.

This is his 5th season, he's only 24 and he has never played for a playoff team until last year. I think you're overstating the risk involved its not like DMC with the Kings

Sean Cagney
12-28-2012, 11:14 PM
[QUOTE=NickiRasgo;6266246]I would do that given a chance and if it's possible, the only players I'm alright to trade are Blair, Neal, Mills, Bonner.

He's dumb but he's pretty decent for a big man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDqQuB_aPak The day fat ass or Bonner do this in a playoff game is the day the world ends lol. This cat atleast has an upside and is athletic as hell, that alone is better than some of our bigs by far.

Southwest Texas Fan
12-28-2012, 11:18 PM
Javale's a sporatic beast but unfortunately if he were any smarter, he'd be a moron

:rollin

Paranoid Pop
12-28-2012, 11:31 PM
I would even consider taking back Chandler's contract to get him tbh. That rim protection he would give us next to Tim...

Chinook
12-29-2012, 12:52 AM
Valid points, but I don't really agree with them. McGee has played well in long stretches the team has played inconsistent around him, Iggy P.E.R is actually below the NBA average. If the Nuggets could actually hit 3's and force defenders to guard the arc McGee could be open for lobs in the pick in rob with Lawson and Miller like Chandler is with Melo, Kidd, and Felton. His athleticism is and mobility can more than make up for his biggest short coming "Basketball IQ"

Defensively he can develop into an elite shot blocker he's 7 foot, 7'7 arm span, 38+ inch vert and mobile to boot. Let him come off the bench for a season with a short leash and he's bound to play harder and smarter given smaller opportunities to play. He is really the key for Denver to become an contender in the next couple of years (likely not this year or next year) but with a core of Lawson, Gallinari (inconsistent, but talented) Faried, Iguodala and Mcgee

take for example a couple of games ago, Denver @ Clippers, McGee grabbed an offensive rebound dribbled it back out to about the free throw line and attempted a no look bound pass in the paint to a cutting player , the pass was awful, but 10 second later Bledsoe pump faked on a closeout drove to the rim and McGee sprinted across the lane and cleanly blocked the shot out of bounds.

He has never had consistency in his NBA career, he's had 5 coaches in four full seasons. Karl is the best fit out of all of them and he is still only 24 and is producing 10pts in less than 20 minutes a game and 61% FG. Splitter is still technically on a "rookie deal" and has played inconsistent at times as well. McGee's deal is better than Nene's and is more flexible in a year that contract could easily prove to be well worth it and even a steal.

Cousins is less of a risk than McGee is. Cousins is signed pretty cheaply and is very movable. That was the case with McGee last year, but now he's on a big boy's contract. $11 Million is a fifth of the cap. That's too much to give to a player who can't lock down the center position of his team. When you get your second contract, and you get paid twice the league average, you're too old to be riding on potential. I don't think his play has been worth his deal despite of stats say. PER is very misleading for bench players. I get that his deal is the going rate for a starting big man, but I don't think he's the type of risk the Spurs will take. Denver can afford to take that gamble, as they're not trying to contend with an aging core.

If the Nuggets just want to salary dump him, trading Jackson for him may make sense. But I also don't think he has a place unless Splitter is traded. I also wouldn't mind Wilson Chandler.

Anonymous Cowherd
12-29-2012, 06:51 AM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/f407ce4e7a076d2bbfc64c84204850b5/tumblr_mfnlecw3aZ1qcmnsoo1_400.gif

http://25.media.tumblr.com/8c0007ea003196499f97378d2f3d9740/tumblr_mfnlecw3aZ1qcmnsoo2_400.gif

cd021
12-29-2012, 09:06 AM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/f407ce4e7a076d2bbfc64c84204850b5/tumblr_mfnlecw3aZ1qcmnsoo1_400.gif

Duely noted, LMFAO

http://25.media.tumblr.com/8c0007ea003196499f97378d2f3d9740/tumblr_mfnlecw3aZ1qcmnsoo2_400.gif

Mel_13
12-29-2012, 09:09 AM
Kosta Koufos starts, because JaVale McGee plays better with Andre Miller in the game. That's why they bring him off the bench.

Karl: We don't regret paying McGee . . .he's a very important part of our team. He just has to play well consistently to earn more minutes.

https://twitter.com/TheRocketGuy

spurspokesman
12-29-2012, 09:19 AM

Demarcus cousins may have something to say about that. Super ability and super low iq.

cd021
12-29-2012, 09:49 AM
Cousins is less of a risk than McGee is. Cousins is signed pretty cheaply and is very movable. That was the case with McGee last year, but now he's on a big boy's contract. $11 Million is a fifth of the cap. That's too much to give to a player who can't lock down the center position of his team. When you get your second contract, and you get paid twice the league average, you're too old to be riding on potential. I don't think his play has been worth his deal despite of stats say. PER is very misleading for bench players. I get that his deal is the going rate for a starting big man, but I don't think he's the type of risk the Spurs will take. Denver can afford to take that gamble, as they're not trying to contend with an aging core.

If the Nuggets just want to salary dump him, trading Jackson for him may make sense. But I also don't think he has a place unless Splitter is traded. I also wouldn't mind Wilson Chandler.

I'd take McGee's low basketball IQ, over Cousins erratic behavior any day. After this season, Cousins will be eligible for an extension. I'd be surprised if he isn't moved before then, you're best player cant be that mercurial. You're point about the Nuggets cap & team situation is well put, I actually don't think neither team would pull any sort of deal I just like him as a player and thought others on this thread were pointing out a flaw that is outweighed by great production. The point about P.E.R being misleading for a bench player is true but his per 36 numbers are off the charts (20pts, 9 rebs, 3.7 blks 61%FG) they also can be misleading but shows he is highly effective in his role.

Him not holding down the Center spot isn't entirely on him, Koufos & Mosgov aren't bad players and for some reason or another Mcgee & Faried don't play well together and really can have one in at a time. Some of their big man minutes are being eat up by Galanari as well now so there are less minutes to go around to accommodate the four traditional bigs the do have.

I think the coming off the bench thing is more about their depth and less about his development, he is still relatively raw for an 25 year old but the Wizards were exactly an great culture to be in (they actually have a solid draft history just haven't had the players developed in to a set role) last season it felt like Crawford and Young were seeing how many shots they could get up in ISO's.

To be fair to Mcgee, his contract is pretty similar to De Andre Jordan and they are also pretty close in age and Jordan has started the better part of the last three seasons while Mcgee's status and minutes have constantly been influx. McGee is more physically gifted and has shown steady improvement bigs have a long shelf life, if he can become an all star caliber big by 27 then he could possibly maintain that production to about 33 or 34. You're just not going to find someone like him on the free agent market often and locking him up for 11 million a season (which is still pretty flexible compaired the Nene's deal which i think is still worth more despite already having already played a year on it) Also McGee is still on his rookie deal so he still has plenty of time to live up to his side on the 45 million dollar deal but he is off to a good start.

Mel_13
12-29-2012, 10:02 AM
Also McGee is still on his rookie deal so he still has plenty of time to live up to his side on the 45 million dollar deal but he is off to a good start.

McGee is not on his rookie deal.

DPG21920
12-29-2012, 12:14 PM
Spurs should jump for joy if they could get McGee if we are being honest. People forget he had a nice playoff - that carries a lot of weight with me especially for a young big. I don't think he's all nba, but if you watch, he's expanded his offensive game some, is super efficient & might be the best big man athlete in the game. He certainly has holes, but he would give the Spurs an outstanding dimension and I'm confident he will live up to his contract (which is not that bad at all - only looks bad because he's not starting which is mind blowingly dumb IMO).

If the Spurs could get him without giving up any of the big 3 or Kawhi (even Tiago) it would be a no brainer. It's just highly unlikely.

Kidd K
12-29-2012, 02:40 PM

Sounds exactly like Tyson Chandler did for years before he turned into a beast.

He's going to be good eventually.

cd021
12-29-2012, 04:06 PM
McGee is not on his rookie deal.

My mistake I must have been thinking he got an extention, like Harden did.

maverick1948
12-29-2012, 04:15 PM
the only way we take Javale McGee is to sign his mama (Pamela McGee) to come on board with the staff. She of all people could tear him a new rear hole and he would listen. She also has the right background for helping coach him. After all, she was WNBA for a few years. With control over him, we could mold him into something. Otherwise, he would have to make a turnaround on his own. As a player, he will someday be good. But until he has matured some, he will be just like he is now. A role player with no real role.

Mel_13
01-02-2013, 12:01 PM
He can spread the floor:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZPDRlNmaQg

Chinook
01-02-2013, 12:41 PM
That was actually a good-looking shot. It's possible he could learn to hit that if he focused on it.

Paranoid Pop
01-02-2013, 04:13 PM
Do you really think that pop would put up with that hag standing on the sideline telling Magee what to do.

More like would she put up with him...