PDA

View Full Version : The Blazers are shopping LaMarcus Aldridge

Brunodf
12-27-2012, 01:17 PM
http://www.oregonlive.com/blazers/index.ssf/2012/12/blazers_insider_general_manager_neil_olshey_eyes_t .html

During the Blazers’ recent homestand, a respected and veteran beat reporter approached me and told me that an assistant coach for the team he covered said the Blazers are shopping LaMarcus Aldridge.

He is making 13,500,000 this season. Jack/Bonner for him works.

The good: Aldridge could be the piece that we are missing, so trading Jack+Bonner for Aldridge could make the Spurs a true top contender... The Blazers would take it because Jack/Bonner contracts are expiring.

The bad: He will be tied until 2015, we would lose Jack toughness and Bonner spacing

Thoughts?

Ginobili2Duncan
12-27-2012, 01:20 PM
If true (which I doubt), Portland is going to want plenty more than just cap relief, such as a young SG to pair up with Lillard in the backcourt.

Ditty
12-27-2012, 01:24 PM
:lmao

I don't think they are that desperate to get rid of Aldridge for Bonner and Jackson

playblair
12-27-2012, 01:26 PM
trade parker ..... cojo mills nando manu can be pg .......

Ginobili2Duncan
12-27-2012, 01:27 PM
It's amazing to think that just four years ago, the Blazers looked like an up-and-coming team that would be a major factor in the Western Conference for the next decade and how injuries destroyed their future. But I don't think trading Aldridge makes any sense considering he's still a young and productive frontcourt player and the cornerstone to that Blazers franchise.

lefty
12-27-2012, 01:32 PM
do no want injuries

rascal
12-27-2012, 01:38 PM
I am sure they could get a more attractive package then Jackson/Bonner.
It would take top draft picks and a young player with upside.

szkorhetz
12-27-2012, 01:44 PM
TBH, I would give up everything but The Big Three and KL to get LMA. He would elevate our game to heights, we haven't seen since the Twin Towers era. He would be the guy, who would make us the Best In The West. I doubt that we could get him, but if we could he would almost instantly bring back The Finals to San Antonio

swaggerjackson
12-27-2012, 01:48 PM
Blazers would want a lot more for Aldridge, but I would be overjoyed to make such a trade. I would only part with Jax if it brought back a legitimate bigman. Aldridge is more than legit. He alongside Tim would be a nightmare for the rest of the league. What is the extent of his injury?

DesignatedT
12-27-2012, 01:51 PM
Jackson, Green, De Colo, Blair, two first rounders.

Amuseddaysleeper
12-27-2012, 02:20 PM
Why get rid of Aldridge? There were times where he was playing like arguably the best PF in the league.

You'd think him and Lillard would be an awesome combo.

szkorhetz
12-27-2012, 02:22 PM
Jackson, Green, De Colo, Blair, two first rounders.
I would seriously do it and hope no more injury happens. Then, we should bring in another big wing(T-Mac, anyone? I really believe he could sing that 12-18 mins as our backup SF) player and we would be fine.
Actually: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/225227/Olshey_Intends_To_Build_Blazers_Through_Draft_Free _Agency

Mel_13
12-27-2012, 02:23 PM
They're not shopping him. From the article in the OP:

Still, on Wednesday before the Kings game, I felt obliged to corner the whirlwind that is Olshey.

I asked him directly if he is shopping Aldridge.

It was as if I had told Olshey the best joke he had ever heard. In fact, I think he is still laughing as I write this.

Olshey said he has made zero calls to other teams about Aldridge. He did say he has fielded one inquiry from another team, but it was more exploratory in nature, that team feeling the Blazers out. And he said he has no plans to make any future calls about Aldridge as February approaches.

DesignatedT
12-27-2012, 02:26 PM
If Portland continues to struggle I could see them moving him. Of course the GM is going to say he's not doing anything.

elemento
12-27-2012, 02:52 PM
They're NOT shopping him ! The article says it.

And Jack + Bonner for Aldridge ? :lmao

Really delusional trade attempt. If SA wants to make a serious bid, start with Kawhi and Splitter. Lamarcus Aldridge is a stud. One of the best PFs in the league.

Paranoid Pop
12-27-2012, 03:00 PM

Really delusional trade attempt. If SA wants to make a serious bid, start with Kawhi and Splitter. Lamarcus Aldridge is a stud. One of the best PFs in the league.

Feels like he has been going downhill lately tho.

And like someone said, no one will ever admit they are shopping someone...

spurraider21
12-27-2012, 03:04 PM
It's amazing to think that just four years ago, the Blazers looked like an up-and-coming team that would be a major factor in the Western Conference for the next decade and how injuries destroyed their future. But I don't think trading Aldridge makes any sense considering he's still a young and productive frontcourt player and the cornerstone to that Blazers franchise.
thats what happens when you lose brandon roy and greg oden never pans out. its a damn shame, they would have been an awesome team. i know things would have turned out differently as far as draft picks if their players never got hurt, but could you imagine a lineup of lillard, roy, batum, aldridge, and oden? sheesh

elemento
12-27-2012, 03:05 PM
Nah you can say a bit disappointing, but downhill is a big exaggeration. In the last games he has been balling.

I don't doubt POR would trade him for the right package. But Jack + Bonner won't cut it. Not even close. They can get much better offers.

chazley
12-27-2012, 03:06 PM
http://www.oregonlive.com/blazers/index.ssf/2012/12/blazers_insider_general_manager_neil_olshey_eyes_t .html

The good: Aldridge could be the piece that we are missing, so trading Jack+Bonner for Aldridge could make the Spurs a true top contender... The Blazers would take it because Jack/Bonner contracts are expiring.

The bad: He will be tied until 2015, we would lose Jack toughness and Bonner spacing

Thoughts?

Sure, we could put together a viable package for Aldridge, but the suggestion that Jackson/Bonner would get it done is the dumbest thing I've ever read. Also, how the hell is it a bad thing that a 7-ft all star-caliber bigman is signed through 2015? The only way Blazers make this trade is if they are blowing up their team, which just doesn't make much sense to me. Lillard/Batum/Aldridge is a core you build around, and JJ Hickson is playing out of his mind right now. Wes Matthews I'm not sold on, but he's a decent piece and his contract isn't horrendous. The Spurs don't have the right pieces to do a 2-team trade because the Blazers will want to get rid of their bad contracts if they trade their franchise player, and honestly they've done a great job signing their players to reasonable deals and don't have a single terrible contract on their roster. So, I just do not see this happening and wouldn't get my hopes up.

Also, keep in mind that the Spurs are set up VERY nicely for this summer. If we let the SJax contract expire, resign Manu for around 8mil, let Blair/Neal leave, we have room to sign a near-max free agent. Of course, we gotta resign Tiago, but we can still maneuver through trades to free up even more space. Dwight/Al Jefferson (idols Duncan)/Josh Smith are going to be UFA by the way. Spurs are set up to play out this year and hopefully get lucky this offseason in free agency, and if it all falls into place, we could be looking at an absolutely stacked 2013-2014 roster.

Paranoid Pop
12-27-2012, 03:11 PM
Sure, we could put together a viable package for Aldridge, but the suggestion that Jackson/Bonner would get it done is the dumbest thing I've ever read. Also, how the hell is it a bad thing that a 7-ft all star-caliber bigman is signed through 2015? The only way Blazers make this trade is if they are blowing up their team, which just doesn't make much sense to me. Lillard/Batum/Aldridge is a core you build around, and JJ Hickson is playing out of his mind right now. Wes Matthews I'm not sold on, but he's a decent piece and his contract isn't horrendous. The Spurs don't have the right pieces to do a 2-team trade because the Blazers will want to get rid of their bad contracts if they trade their franchise player, and honestly they've done a great job signing their players to reasonable deals and don't have a single terrible contract on their roster. So, I just do not see this happening and wouldn't get my hopes up.

Also, keep in mind that the Spurs are set up VERY nicely for this summer. If we let the SJax contract expire, resign Manu for around 8mil, let Blair/Neal leave, we have room to sign a near-max free agent. Of course, we gotta resign Tiago, but we can still maneuver through trades to free up even more space. Dwight/Al Jefferson (idols Duncan)/Josh Smith are going to be UFA by the way. Spurs are set up to play out this year and hopefully get lucky this offseason in free agency, and if it all falls into place, we could be looking at an absolutely stacked 2013-2014 roster.

Basically we won't have that much cap space to sign players who don't want to come here in the first place...

DMC
12-27-2012, 03:18 PM
If I am Portland I want cap space. They aren't going anywhere, no reason to pay a star who's not going to sell that many tickets sans wins.

chazley
12-27-2012, 03:19 PM
Basically we won't have that much cap space to sign players who don't want to come here in the first place...

False. No big markets have cap space, and who wouldn't want to come to the Spurs if it meant playing on a team with an awesome core already in place and will be playing for a great coach/front office for years to come? I like our chances.

Paranoid Pop
12-27-2012, 03:23 PM
Anyway I still want to trade with the Aryan Brotherhood of Minnesota to get Derrick Williams.

Aldridge will cost too much...

I'm also open to trade high on Tiago, who is used pretty inefficiently it seems anyway and who may walk or get paid more than we can afford.

DMC
12-27-2012, 03:30 PM
We won't get LMA. I could see him going to the Nets, but no way we get him in SA, that would make us dangerous.

maverick1948
12-27-2012, 03:34 PM
After reading the article twice, I dont think the Blazers are shopping LA. I think they might trade him for the right offer, but SJAX, Bonner, G Neal and 2014 and 2016 1st picks are not enough to bring Portland on board for a trade. Replace Bonner with D Green, they might start talking. On Jan 15, Green can be traded, do the Spurs want to do this or will they say it is too much to give up?

Mel_13
12-27-2012, 03:36 PM
After reading the article twice, I dont think the Blazers are shopping LA. I think they might trade him for the right offer, but SJAX, Bonner, G Neal and 2014 and 2016 1st picks are not enough to bring Portland on board for a trade. Replace Bonner with D Green, they might start talking. On Jan 15, Green can be traded, do the Spurs want to do this or will they say it is too much to give up?

The Spurs would do that trade. Unfortunately, Portland would just laugh at that proposal.

Obstructed_View
12-27-2012, 03:43 PM
All Portland wants in a trade is what everyone wants: for the salaries to match up. Make it happen, Spurs!

Mark in Austin
12-27-2012, 03:45 PM
The Spurs have nothing Portland wants. Their two most valuable assets are Parker and Leonard. Portland already has Lillard and Batum. I could see Minny offering Love for LA given the issues there.

cd98
12-27-2012, 03:48 PM
Doubt they trade Alderidge. He's their best player and a good number 2 guy. Only trade him to get a number 1 guy. They don't need to trade him for draft picks. I doubt they will get a draft pick in next year's draft that will be better than Aldridge.

Mark in Austin
12-27-2012, 03:50 PM
If I'm Kupchack I offer Gasol + picks + salary filler / relief right away.

Hoops Czar
12-27-2012, 03:55 PM

I would do that trade in heartbeat. I'd even throw in De Colo for free. Although S-jax has to be in the trade to makes the salaries work.

:lol LMAO at this thread. Trading away spare parts to get a team's best player. The Spurs aren't the Lakers.

Duncan2177
12-27-2012, 04:01 PM
The Spurs would do that trade. Unfortunately, Portland would just laugh at that proposal.

What if Splitter was added to the mix?

Anonymous Cowherd
12-27-2012, 04:04 PM
Oh hey you guys!

Check this out: Jackson + Bonner + Blair + Cory for LeBron works!

Let's get it done!

Mel_13
12-27-2012, 04:05 PM
What if Splitter was added to the mix?

I don't believe that Aldridge is being shopped. If he were, then I agree with elemento. The Spurs would have to start with Splitter and Leonard to have any chance of winning the bidding.

TimmehC
12-27-2012, 04:08 PM
If I'm Kupchack I offer Gasol + picks + salary filler / relief right away.
Gasol makes almost $6M more than LMA. Who else would they be getting back?

Brunodf
12-27-2012, 04:13 PM
Oh hey you guys!

Check this out: Jackson + Bonner + Blair + Cory for LeBron works!

Let's get it done!

LMA is hated in Portland because he isn't a good defender/rebounder, he is a jump shooting big(low FG%), isn't always healthy.
If they want to build a team around Lillard they will need cap space, so yeah Jack/Bonner expiring contracts aren't that bad.

Paranoid Pop
12-27-2012, 04:17 PM
LMA for Love could make sense.

Strategic
12-27-2012, 04:18 PM
I think LMA's abilities and prospects are still huge. If they offered him to the Spurs maybe PATFO would have to listen to any offer they ask for excluding Duncan, Manu, Tony and Leonard. If they are starting over with Lillard why would they want anyone besides Aldridge? He's a franchise. Unless he wants to come back to Texas forget about it.

Brazil
12-27-2012, 04:21 PM
:lmao Aldridge for bonner and jax :lmao I love ST

AFBlue
12-27-2012, 04:22 PM
For the Spurs, the more realistic scenario is to try to pry Hickson away using their PG depth (e.g. Joseph) and maybe a draft pick. Portland would get another young piece for a player they risked losing this offseason with no compensation, and the Spurs get an athletic frontcourt player to plug into the rotation for the stretch run.

KL2
12-27-2012, 04:23 PM
I don't think anyone is recommending trading Jack/Bonner for Aldridge because they're good players, the trade makes sense because not only do the salaries match up but they're are both expiring contracts. Aldridge on the other hand is under contract for like 4 more years. If the Blazers are looking to rebuild they could tank this year while having a bunch of cap space to sign someone in the offseason.

Mel_13
12-27-2012, 04:27 PM
I don't think anyone is recommending trading Jack/Bonner for Aldridge because they're good players, the trade makes sense because not only do the salaries match up but they're are both expiring contracts. Aldridge on the other hand is under contract for like 4 more years. If the Blazers are looking to rebuild they could tank this year while having a bunch of cap space to sign someone in the offseason.

Everybody understood. It just makes no sense for Portland to salary dump Aldridge, a 27 year old All-Star who will not have turned 30 when his current contract ends.

Brunodf
12-27-2012, 04:50 PM

:king

Brazil
12-27-2012, 04:53 PM
Everybody understood. It just makes no sense for Portland to salary dump Aldridge, a 27 year old All-Star who will not have turned 30 when his current contract ends.

But but he has a low fg% :lol

benefactor
12-27-2012, 04:58 PM
These types of threads are even better when other greys show up and try to apply some sort of logic to the OP. Just classic.

chazley
12-27-2012, 05:38 PM
These types of threads are even better when other greys show up and try to apply some sort of logic to the OP. Just classic.

These types of threads are even better when random bolded noobs come in and thump their chests to assert their dominance over the inferior greys for no reason other than the belief their shit smells sweeter than every grey on earth.

benefactor
12-27-2012, 05:41 PM
Or faggots that think Roger Mason Jr. is a good basketball player.

Strategic
12-27-2012, 06:17 PM

Or when some lifeless wonder with thousands of posts shows up and has not intelligence, but sarcasm, to add. What builds a thread more, a silly thread or a shitty inane comment?

Drz
12-27-2012, 08:22 PM
These types of threads are even better when random bolded noobs come in and thump their chests to assert their dominance over the inferior greys for no reason other than the belief their shit smells sweeter than every grey on earth.
Haha, you grey. You registered for this forum in 2010, how could I possibly respect you?? I bet you're wasting your time doing things like working out or learning a language, rather than posting on a forum all day. :lol

Just kidding of course. Benefactor is the only choad who keeps bringing up the grey/black thing, as if how long you've been around has any bearing at all about your self-worth. I don't think he even realizes it makes him look like an idiot.

benefactor
12-27-2012, 08:55 PM
Or when some lifeless wonder with thousands of posts shows up and has not intelligence, but sarcasm, to add. What builds a thread more, a silly thread or a shitty inane comment?
:lol building this thread
:lol anything about the trade idea being intelligent

benefactor
12-27-2012, 08:57 PM
Bonner lover and RMJ lover have weighed in. We have to be approaching some sort of scientific basketball breakthrough.

Drz
12-27-2012, 09:35 PM
:lol anything about the trade idea being intelligent
It's an easy trade to defend. Aldridge's contract value > Aldridge's player value. It's a net negative. Like K2 and others said, we'd be giving them expiring contracts and a chance to shed some excess weight and free up cap room for a better signing.

That's not to say it's a good trade for Portland. Even though I think the contract's a net negative, it's still very close, and he's obviously a great player. But moreso, they could easily get more value than expiring contracts, because all you need is one dumb team. And the Spurs won't be that dumb team that gives up valuable parts for a bad, or even marginal, contract.

benefactor
12-27-2012, 09:42 PM
It's an easy trade to defend. Aldridge's contract value > Aldridge's player value. It's a net negative. Like K2 and others said, we'd be giving them expiring contracts and a chance to shed some excess weight and free up cap room for a better signing.

It just makes no sense for Portland to salary dump Aldridge, a 27 year old All-Star who will not have turned 30 when his current contract ends.

benefactor
12-27-2012, 09:43 PM
I really want to believe all of you are better than this. Please convince me you are.

gee
12-27-2012, 09:59 PM
Dude how about bonner blair and neal. fucking done.

Drz
12-27-2012, 10:30 PM
I really want to believe all of you are better than this. Please convince me you are.
I was going to say $13.5M per year was too much for a guy barely beating league average statistics this yaer, but then I saw the infallible 27 year old all star argument you quoted and ran with my tail between my legs.

AFBlue
12-27-2012, 10:49 PM
I was going to say $13.5M per year was too much for a guy barely beating league average statistics this yaer, but then I saw the infallible 27 year old all star argument you quoted and ran with my tail between my legs.

I know this wasn't directed at me, but Aldridge is averaging almost 21/9 and has consistently for the last couple years. The only glimmer of hope you or any others have to justify the possibility of a salary dump trade is the Gasol trade. But, even that netted Marc Gasol and a couple first rounders.

It just isn't probable that the Trailblazers would salary dump Aldridge, especially for what the Spurs lack to offer.

Russo21
12-27-2012, 11:12 PM
Theres no way in hell we can get Aldridge.

Blazers already have a very very good young PG in Lillard so they wouldnt want Tony.
They have a pretty good SG in Wesley Mathews so no need for Manu.
They have Nicolas Batum so have no need for Jackson.
And all our bigs apart from Duncan and Splitter are shithouse

Duncan and Splitter for Alrdridge would work but theres no fucking way we do that.

I just don't see any realistic way we could land him. Portlands F/O would be on the floor laughing if RC called them offering a Jackson/Bonner trade.

Russo21
12-27-2012, 11:13 PM
It just isn't probable that the Trailblazers would salary dump Aldridge, especially for what the Spurs lack to offer. This

benefactor
12-27-2012, 11:15 PM
crofl barely beating

Why did I even ask to be convinced? I knew better.

cd021
12-27-2012, 11:37 PM
If true (which I doubt), Portland is going to want plenty more than just cap relief, such as a young SG to pair up with Lillard in the backcourt.

To piggyback on that I'd more than guarantee that they'd want Kawhi Leonard along with Jackson, Bonner (two last two combined, are owed a $1 million dollars, if Bonner is waived) and maybe a draft pick.

It makes since that they would, L.A is like 28 and waiting on Lillard and Meyers Leonard to develop and help Batum and L.A. compete for a title in the next couple of seasons isn't going to happen.

sasffl
12-28-2012, 02:05 AM
It's a robbery. Even though Blazers are shopping LA, they're more interested in high draft picks

BG_Spurs_Fan
12-28-2012, 03:36 AM

OK, let's suppose that on some cloud cuckoo land Portland actually decide to salary dump their All Star player. Why would they take the Spurs expirings over some other team's who can also offer better draft picks than Spurs?

chazley
12-28-2012, 04:30 AM
Bonner lover and RMJ lover have weighed in. We have to be approaching some sort of scientific basketball breakthrough. Here's the difference between me and you: I can admit when I was wrong (RMJ). You can't.

Mal
12-28-2012, 06:24 AM
Please close every trade regarding Spurs getting young all-star. They simply dont have any assets to make such move.

MANUNG-Ginobili
12-28-2012, 06:51 AM
getting Cousins is more realistic than Aldridge..

benefactor
12-28-2012, 06:58 AM
Here's the difference between me and you: I can admit when I was wrong (RMJ). You can't.
I've owned up to being wrong plenty of times on this forum, Mr. #1. I just spend less time talking out of my ass than you do.

PBEEZY
12-28-2012, 12:37 PM
If Portland are going to trade LMA it won't be for Cap relief and two 25-30 draft picks. They would be in complete rebuild mode and would be looking to get back young promising talent (either 24 or younger) and lottery level draft picks.

Chinook
12-28-2012, 12:55 PM
If Portland are going to trade LMA it won't be for Cap relief and two 25-30 draft picks. They would be in complete rebuild mode and would be looking to get back young promising talent (either 24 or younger) and lottery level draft picks.

People always say this (and I agree it makes sense), but it rarely works out that way. How often does any player get moved for that kind of package? The best example I can think of was Deron Williams. Sure, Chris Paul was traded for Eric Gordon, Aminu and what turned out to be the 10th-overall pick in the draft, but all in all, that hasn't really amounted to much for New Orleans so far. And those were trades for who were widely considered to be the top two point guards in the league. I love Aldridge, but he's not going to get the same haul that Howard got. And Howard himself only got a couple of decent, but not great young players (I do love what Vulcevic is doing right now, though), a couple of overpaid vets and three low-level first-rounders. Of course Howard was a cancerous player coming off an injury, but all and all, I think he was more attractive than Aldridge is.

The Spurs may not be able to provide a good enough package (especially by themselves) but someone will be able to. If Aldridge does get traded, I think the haul is going to be worse than a lot of people expect it to be.

PBEEZY
12-28-2012, 01:05 PM
People always say this (and I agree it makes sense), but it rarely works out that way. How often does any player get moved for that kind of package? The best example I can think of was Deron Williams. Sure, Chris Paul was traded for Eric Gordon, Aminu and what turned out to be the 10th-overall pick in the draft, but all in all, that hasn't really amounted to much for New Orleans so far. And those were trades for who were widely considered to be the top two point guards in the league. I love Aldridge, but he's not going to get the same haul that Howard got. And Howard himself only got a couple of decent, but not great young players (I do love what Vulcevic is doing right now, though), a couple of overpaid vets and three low-level first-rounders. Of course Howard was a cancerous player coming off an injury, but all and all, I think he was more attractive than Aldridge is.

The Spurs may not be able to provide a good enough package (especially by themselves) but someone will be able to. If Aldridge does get traded, I think the haul is going to be worse than a lot of people expect it to be.

D Will, Melo, CP3, all of these guys got traded for decent packages. Dwight is the only trade which looks uneven but even in that, they got Vucevic and harklass who were both considered promising prospects. The difference between all these players and LMA is that they all wanted to be traded. LMA has not requested a trade nor seems upset at his role in the team. Portland have full advantage over this situation, they only need to trade if they feel like what they are getting in return is of equal value as what LMA brings to the team.

BG_Spurs_Fan
12-28-2012, 01:27 PM

Jack, Tiago, Kawhi + picks for Aldridge + Claver or Babbitt.

Probably the best package the Spurs could come up with, but unlikely to be good enough.

Chinook
12-28-2012, 02:57 PM
Jack, Tiago, Kawhi + picks for Aldridge + Claver or Babbitt.

Probably the best package the Spurs could come up with, but unlikely to be good enough.

I agree with you, but I think Green for Matthews makes some sense, too. It would save the Blazers money and all that. It'd be a bad trade for San Antonio, but it's another little sacrifice.

Chinook
12-28-2012, 03:02 PM
D Will, Melo, CP3, all of these guys got traded for decent packages. Dwight is the only trade which looks uneven but even in that, they got Vucevic and harklass who were both considered promising prospects. The difference between all these players and LMA is that they all wanted to be traded. LMA has not requested a trade nor seems upset at his role in the team. Portland have full advantage over this situation, they only need to trade if they feel like what they are getting in return is of equal value as what LMA brings to the team.

Melo got a good return, but it wasn't really all that great compared to his value. You're right that all of their values were depressed because they were a) trying to get out of the their current situations and b) in the last year (potentially) of their contracts. But they were all significantly more highly coveted than Aldridge is. I'd've taken Lamarcus over every one of those other guys, but for most teams, he's not the missing piece for which it is worth it to gut an entire franchise. He'd only really be good on a team with a dominant post big already. The Lakers make the most sense there, but the Rockets and Pacers may have a say as well.

PBEEZY
12-28-2012, 03:39 PM
Melo got a good return, but it wasn't really all that great compared to his value. You're right that all of their values were depressed because they were a) trying to get out of the their current situations and b) in the last year (potentially) of their contracts. But they were all significantly more highly coveted than Aldridge is. I'd've taken Lamarcus over every one of those other guys, but for most teams, he's not the missing piece for which it is worth it to gut an entire franchise. He'd only really be good on a team with a dominant post big already. The Lakers make the most sense there, but the Rockets and Pacers may have a say as well.

Regardless, they don't need to trade which is my whole point. If they do it will only be because they percieve they are recieving full value on their return, which would be young promising pieces (Not ROY candidates but guys who would have made the 1st or 2nd Rookie teams the past couple of years, as well as a lottery pick or two.

An example would be Thomas Robinson & Tyreke Evans and the Kings next two first round picks. I'm not saying either team does this trade or it matches salary wise but it's an example of what they would atleast be expecting to return.

Edit: I realise I said they wouldn't be getting a ROY back but in the case of Evans his rookie season was his best and, he's obviously not happy with his current position in Sacramento.

Beaverfuzz
12-28-2012, 05:17 PM
LaMarcus wouldn't fit in the Spurs system, he'd rather shoot from the outside than post up with his back to the basket. Sure, crash the boards might be a positive but he disappears in games too many times.

Chinook
12-28-2012, 06:59 PM
Regardless, they don't need to trade which is my whole point. If they do it will only be because they percieve they are recieving full value on their return, which would be young promising pieces (Not ROY candidates but guys who would have made the 1st or 2nd Rookie teams the past couple of years, as well as a lottery pick or two.

An example would be Thomas Robinson & Tyreke Evans and the Kings next two first round picks. I'm not saying either team does this trade or it matches salary wise but it's an example of what they would atleast be expecting to return.

Edit: I realise I said they wouldn't be getting a ROY back but in the case of Evans his rookie season was his best and, he's obviously not happy with his current position in Sacramento.

I'm just saying that what we tend to think is value tends not to be what GMs have taken to be value. A lot of times, teams (even rebuilding teams) don't seem to want picks and young players for every player they move. I think Portland may want someone who could set the tone and help develop that team. A solid veteran back-court mate for Lillard may be on their minds. A player like Ginobili (and I'm not saying that either team would do that trade) could improve their long-term prospects a lot more than most lottery-level young players. Except for OKC, teams with too many young players have tended to flounder rather than grow.

Spur|n|Austin
12-28-2012, 07:12 PM

Thoughts?

I'm sorry, but what in your right mind makes you think the Blazers would trade Aldridge for Bonner and Jackson?!

Stump
12-28-2012, 07:46 PM
I think Spurs fans are rightfully interested in trading in some of our depth for a stronger top-8. Unfortunately, this scenario is just too good to be true. Unless Aldridge is so disgruntled that he's becoming a cancer, trading him makes no sense for Portland.

If we want the Spurs to keep Tim/Tony/Manu/Kawhi/Tiago, we have to accept that we're not going to be able to trade for another star. At this point, we need to lower our expectations and hope the FO can find a nifty little 2-for-1 trade.

spurraider21
12-28-2012, 08:08 PM
:lmao Aldridge for bonner and jax :lmao I love ST
this. i'm surprised nobody said "throw in blair and a 2nd round pick"

spurraider21
12-28-2012, 08:09 PM
LaMarcus wouldn't fit in the Spurs system, he'd rather shoot from the outside than post up with his back to the basket. Sure, crash the boards might be a positive but he disappears in games too many times.
Aldridge's shot selection not too far off from Timmy's this season tbh

Kidd K
12-29-2012, 03:04 PM
There's no way we'll get him for Jackson and Bonner, lol.

Any realistic chance the Spurs have of getting him would involve giving up too much or completely gutting their future team in favor of the next couple years. I wouldn't mind giving up Splitter, Jackson + stuff, but it's probably going to cost Leonard as well and I don't think that's worth it anymore.

I'd rather have Splitter, Jackson, and Leonard along with whatever filler and draft picks we'd have to give up than to have just Aldridge. Our team's depth would be gone just to have a dope low post frontcourt for a couple years.

cjw
12-29-2012, 03:47 PM
Not to split hairs, but no way are they in a position to draft Lillard with a healthy Roy / Oden. What a pick he was though in what may have been an 8-deep draft.

wildbill2u
12-29-2012, 04:06 PM
Hey, how about Blair and Cory Joseph for Chris Bosh? I thought about going after LeBron but realized we'd have to throw in Diaw or Jack and that would be ridiculous.:flypig

NickiRasgo
07-04-2015, 01:30 PM
Can we trade Tiago for him?