PDA

View Full Version : Stormin' Norman is dead

DMC
12-27-2012, 08:16 PM
Retired Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf, who commanded coalition forces during the Gulf War, died Thursday, a U.S. official said. He was 78.

FULL STORY (http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/27/us/schwarzkopf-obit/index.html?hpt=hp_t1)

leemajors
12-27-2012, 09:19 PM
I thought he was older.

Latarian Milton
12-27-2012, 10:06 PM
and bush senior has been under intensive care for a while now. bush & norman the only true patriots since the vietnam war :cry

Wild Cobra
12-28-2012, 04:22 AM
That happens to too many people when they retire. They often retire from life as well...

Shit. When I retire, I'd have to do something. I'll probably be in my 70's though. I have one of the few jobs left that still has a pension plan. I'll have to stay till I'm at least 67 to get 50% of my ending annual salary. I like being a Parts Changer. It's a fulfilling job. I'll stay longer if my body doesn't start breaking down.

I'll be a Triple Dipper...

Pension
Social security (maybe... Maybe it will be defunct...)

Cochina
12-28-2012, 09:29 AM
:eyebrows Wat cha doin'?

Koolaid_Man
12-28-2012, 11:21 AM
Retired Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf, who commanded coalition forces during the Gulf War, died Thursday, a U.S. official said. He was 78.

FULL STORY (http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/27/us/schwarzkopf-obit/index.html?hpt=hp_t1)

Bad ass white guy....RIP General

mrsmaalox
12-28-2012, 11:55 AM
That happens to too many people when they retire. They often retire from life as well...

Shit. When I retire, I'd have to do something. I'll probably be in my 70's though. I have one of the few jobs left that still has a pension plan. I'll have to stay till I'm at least 67 to get 50% of my ending annual salary. I like being a Parts Changer. It's a fulfilling job. I'll stay longer if my body doesn't start breaking down.

I'll be a Triple Dipper...

Pension
Social security (maybe... Maybe it will be defunct...)

LOL you make the strangest assumptions! Why do you think he retired from life and didn't do anything? He retired in 1991, you seriously think he just went home and sat in a chair for 20+ years? :lol

But it's good you are determined to remain active for as long as possible :tu

Sportcamper
12-28-2012, 12:52 PM
It Doesn't Take a Hero : The Autobiography of General H. Norman Schwarzkopf...One of my favorite books….

CommanderMcBragg
12-28-2012, 12:59 PM
Good man. RIP.

lefty
12-28-2012, 01:02 PM
Meh

Another white dude with on steroids with guns

Wild Cobra
12-29-2012, 02:14 AM
LOL you make the strangest assumptions! Why do you think he retired from life and didn't do anything? He retired in 1991, you seriously think he just went home and sat in a chair for 20+ years? :lol

But it's good you are determined to remain active for as long as possible :tu
Please not that I didn't state that assumption as fact. I have noticed that more people die sooner after they retire if they stop working in some form or another, than those who remain working. If you wish, call it my inserting that opinion.

Quite frankly, time has been passing rather fast for me. I thought it was far less time than '91 that he retired.

boutons_deux
12-30-2012, 04:04 AM
and bush senior has been under intensive care for a while now. bush & norman the only true patriots since the vietnam war :cry

They're war criminals for slaughtering Iraqis retreating from Kuweit.

The Reckoning
12-30-2012, 04:50 AM
They're war criminals for slaughtering Iraqis retreating from Kuweit.

:dramaquee

z0sa
12-30-2012, 04:55 AM
Too bad Stormin Norman didn't storm Baghdad while we had the chance. the same way I feel about occupying Germany to the Rhine in WW2 yet letting the Soviets take control. I met a 89 year old veteran recently who said, he not only rode with patton, but was asked by Patton and his troops time and again, whether they'd rather march on to Berlin or obey Eisenhauer's orders and stand down, and the troops always voted to push on. Good ol bureaucracy FTW

johnsmith
12-30-2012, 08:31 AM
Please not that I didn't state that assumption as fact. I have noticed that more people die sooner after they retire if they stop working in some form or another, than those who remain working. If you wish, call it my inserting that opinion.

Quite frankly, time has been passing rather fast for me. I thought it was far less time than '91 that he retired.

Fuck you're stupid....."didn't state that assumption as fact".....well no shit, because its one of your stupid ass assumptions.....I also really like how you went on to explain to everyone your financial retirement plans as though anyone asked or gives a fuck.

Southwest Texas Fan
12-30-2012, 10:21 AM
Too bad Stormin Norman didn't storm Baghdad while we had the chance. the same way I feel about occupying Germany to the Rhine in WW2 yet letting the Soviets take control. I met a 89 year old veteran recently who said, he not only rode with patton, but was asked by Patton and his troops time and again, whether they'd rather march on to Berlin or obey Eisenhauer's orders and stand down, and the troops always voted to push on. Good ol bureaucracy FTW

There was alot of polictics that played into that decision and the ramifications of it was the cold war.

boutons_deux
12-30-2012, 12:29 PM
Too bad Stormin Norman didn't storm Baghdad

the UN resolution or mandate didn't include invading Iraq. I thought it strange that Iran-contra-criminal like GHW Bush used that as pretext not to invade and occupy Iraq.

Woo Bum-kon
12-30-2012, 01:49 PM
Is it sad that mrsmaalox has been consistently owning Wild Cobra?

Wild Cobra
12-30-2012, 04:31 PM
Is it sad that mrsmaalox has been consistently owning Wild Cobra?
Why? Because you never can?

DMC
12-30-2012, 11:28 PM
Stormy had more class in the little finger of that Vietnamese kid he killed than the rest of you combined in all your fingers and toes.

DMC
12-30-2012, 11:30 PM

Didn't know you could retire after 5 or 6 years.

Wild Cobra
12-31-2012, 03:59 AM
Didn't know you could retire after 5 or 6 years.
???

You lost me.