PDA

View Full Version : Mavs: Will Cuban's failure to build a contender force Dirk to retire in 2014?

irishock
12-27-2012, 09:11 PM
Dirk said he doesn't see himself playing for a rebuilding team, and he also wouldn't leave Dallas to play for another NBA team. If Cuban fails to a hit a home run in 2013, could next season be Dirk's last?

weebo
12-27-2012, 09:26 PM
Dirk would be wise to finish his career with the Mavs. As a Spur fan, he is the one Mav that I actually enjoyed watching and happy that he won a title.

irishock
12-27-2012, 09:30 PM
No question he'll finish his career in Dallas. The question may be retirement or extension.

weebo
12-27-2012, 09:35 PM
More likely than not, Cuban will get some help for Dirk next year. So, unless Dirk physically can't go anymore, I can see him playing at least another year beyond 2014.

Latarian Milton
12-28-2012, 02:08 AM
the fact that dirks relies mostly on his skillset rather than athleticism will make it possible for him to maintain such a high level of performances well into his late 30s and maybe even 40s. mavs just need to figure out a way to win games w/ dirk playing a reduced role like how the spurs deal with an aging duncan, you can't play a 35+ yr old 35+ minutes every game imho

irishock
12-28-2012, 02:11 AM
Mavs don't have a Ginobili or Parker. That's the problem, they gambled on D-Will and gave up on it when Cubes had to film his shitty movie instead.

Dallas
12-28-2012, 02:17 AM
Any sentence that includes "Cuban", "Failure", and "Dirk" should be automatically negated when seen by any knowledgeable basketball observer.

irishock
12-28-2012, 10:57 PM
We might need to bump this a year and a half from now

mavs>spurs
12-28-2012, 11:00 PM
dirk is already done he was done last year

Latarian Milton
12-29-2012, 02:51 AM
dirk underwent a surgery and he's yet to make a full recovery imho. it's a big boost to the team's morale that he actually comes back playing n it doesn't really matter how many points he scores at this point of time imho. mavs pulled the game to OT against OKC last night which's a good example of the impact dirk's made spiritually, in previous seasons it would've been a landslide loss when dirk shot 3-11 from the field

Jacob1983
12-29-2012, 02:55 AM
Cuban needs to stop making appearances on that piece of shit reality tv show Shark Tank and actually be an NBA owner for a change.

HI-FI
12-29-2012, 03:06 AM
even if he retires in the near future and spends his time blowing loads in that ebony pussy, Dirk still had a helluva run. That finals run by him was legendary, that Nazi Werewolf literally put the team on his shoulder in a way Rapist could only dream about. Cuban has made me hate the Mavs more than I should but I have nothing but respect for Dirk.

I think in the bigger picture, Cuban has never built something consistent like Pop and Holt have with Spurs, therefore there isn't the same consistent support around him that Duncan enjoys. This could cause him to retire earlier than Duncan even if his body is still in good shape, because at some point, being on the road a lot may not be as fun when you're surrounded by new faces assembled by Cuban all the time. Duncan has his buddies, plus new guys who fit in well. Dirk will never have any money problems, he's German so he's probably super efficient with his cash.

It's hard to say how Dirk will continue, if Cuban can work the cap and put together another contender. If they can strike lightning again, I can see Dirk sticking around awhile, but if he sees nothing but mediocrity in the future, I imagine Dirk will get bored and call it quits sooner than later.

scanry
12-29-2012, 03:18 AM
Cuban should just waive Dirk.

Dirk would love to play for a team like San Antonio though. They're both in the same boat and Dirk would compliment the Spurs perfectly.

Dallas
12-29-2012, 03:19 AM
Dirk would prob rather join the Bulls.

HI-FI
12-29-2012, 03:23 AM
Cuban should just waive Dirk.

Dirk would love to play for a team like San Antonio though. They're both in the same boat and Dirk would compliment the Spurs perfectly.
I was about to say this as well. If Dirk wanted to win, he could take the drive down I35 and join the Spurs, he would fit in perfectly. It would be such a good fit for both sides that it probably won't happen. I imagine Dirk is old school and stays a Maverick, even if Cuban is too busy with Shark Tank or Shark Sandwich, whatever he's working on.

Latarian Milton
12-29-2012, 04:48 AM
dirk joining the spurs would dramatically change the league's map imho, and even miami would have a hard time dealing with a team that has two top10 all-time players who're still world class despite their ages, but you know it would only happen in your dreams because dirk is no karl malone type of guy n he has already won a ring.

KaiRMD1
12-29-2012, 04:57 AM
dirk joining the spurs would dramatically change the league's map imho, and even miami would have a hard time dealing with a team that has two top10 all-time players who're still world class despite their ages, but you know it would only happen in your dreams because dirk is no karl malone type of guy n he has already won a ring.

Also, Spurs aren't the Lakers so they could never land that

Richie
12-29-2012, 02:01 PM
Nothing but respect for Dirk, when people make excuses for LeBron going to Miami you only need to look to Dirk for how it is supposed to be done.

Brunodf
12-29-2012, 03:13 PM
Dirk can play until his late 30 or 40, his game is based on his skills and his defense can't get any worse...

Killakobe81
12-29-2012, 03:42 PM
Dirk would fit on most contenders ...his offense is that versatile

Brazil
12-29-2012, 04:58 PM
The fuck ? I don't think Dirk has any intention to retire any time soon tbh

TDMVPDPOY
12-29-2012, 07:28 PM
why would u retire if u can suck cuban into giving you a 100m dollar contract? then u can pull a brandon roy or darius miles