PDA

View Full Version : Mavs: Too late to tank?

monosylab1k
12-27-2012, 11:15 PM
Can we just have Dirk pull a D-Rob so we can get into the Shabazz Muhammad sweepstakes?

Brazil
12-27-2012, 11:29 PM
I fear it is too late...a lot of teams are doing a much better tanking job than the mavs tbh

Richie
12-27-2012, 11:49 PM
draft isnt worth tanking for

Killakobe81
12-28-2012, 12:42 AM
Can we just have Dirk pull a D-Rob so we can get into the Shabazz Muhammad sweepstakes?

Is muhammad or Noel worth tanking for?

ElNono
12-28-2012, 12:49 AM
tbh, I don't expect Cubes to reload through the draft, plus IIRC Mavs have a bunch of deals expiring, so they should have cap room to try to land CP3 and/or Dwight in the offseason...

baseline bum
12-28-2012, 12:52 AM
Wrong year to tank tbh. Bazz can't carry UCLA to a good record, so I'm not liking his chances being alpha-dog in the NBA. And Nerlens Noel makes Bible Kemp look like 95 Olajuwon on the block.

DAF86
12-28-2012, 12:56 AM
I think Dirk and Mayo were tanking today.

Dallas
12-28-2012, 01:25 AM
By tanking, do you mean intentionally losing regular season games, which means missing out on a playoff spot, to get a better pick in the 2013 NBA Draft®? Losing is not part of our culture. That is absolutely repulsive to basketball and unacceptable for the Dallas Mavericks basketball franchise.

apalisoc_9
12-28-2012, 02:26 AM
By tanking, do you mean intentionally losing regular season games, which means missing out on a playoff spot, to get a better pick in the 2013 NBA Draft®? Losing is not part of our culture. That is absolutely repulsive to basketball and unacceptable for the Dallas Mavericks basketball franchise.

terrible troll

HeatChamps
12-28-2012, 02:31 AM
GTFO

Latarian Milton
12-28-2012, 10:16 AM
shitty record aint gonna guarantee a high pick though. you gotta be real lucky to win even one of the top3 picks even if you finish at bottom of the league. for example the celtics tanked pretty hard in 06-07 n finished with the worst record but only got a 5th pick, had they got the 2nd pick and drafted durant then what a team they would've made?

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-28-2012, 10:20 AM
Wrong year to tank tbh. Bazz can't carry UCLA to a good record, so I'm not liking his chances being alpha-dog in the NBA. And Nerlens Noel makes Bible Kemp look like 95 Olajuwon on the block.

Bazz is obviously a player who could give two shits about his college career and plans to use UCLA to work out for a year while not caring about winning games. From the UCLA games I've seen Bazz's problems have been 90% due to him being passive as hell and not caring.

Nerlens Noels OTOH I agree with you. He's never gonna be a real weapon on offense. His ceiling is developing a jumper and being Marcus Camby.

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-28-2012, 10:24 AM
There's a decent chance OKC will be able to draft Shabazz if Toronto's pick ends up 4th or 5th. If that happens then they really did swindle Houston in the Harden trade.

Bill_Brasky
12-28-2012, 10:54 AM
Shafatass better get his ass in shape if he wants to make any noise in the NBA

weebo
12-28-2012, 10:58 AM
Shabazz is overrated. Decent handles and passing skills for the college game. Other than that, he's not quick enough to score at the NBA level. Also, he's as lazy as they come.

Findog
12-28-2012, 12:07 PM
Even with Dirk back I don't know how they make the playoffs:

Locks: Lob City, SloppySeconds, Brent Barry Wife Fuckers, Zach Randolph's Bereavement Leave, Hand Down Man Down

The Lakers should get it together enough to make it in. Denver, Utah, Houston and Minnesota are playing well. I just think that's too much ground to make up to grab one of the last 3 spots. They don't have to tank to miss the playoffs.

monosylab1k
12-28-2012, 12:34 PM
Yeah but if i want the mavs to miss the playoffs i want them to just really suck dick. Like top 5 pick bad, that way we get a good player.

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-28-2012, 12:37 PM
Shafatass better get his ass in shape if he wants to make any noise in the NBA

He will. He's playing in a toxic environment at UCLA and isn't gonna give a shit when everyone else on the team is out of shape and fat while the coach is doing nothing but collect paychecks.

monosylab1k
12-28-2012, 12:44 PM
I've seen enough of Muhammad to know I want him in Dallas. No interest in Noel or the rich man's Tyler Zeller.

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-28-2012, 12:51 PM
It'll be pretty funny if Muhammad drops out of the top 5 because he didn't try hard enough on college when he made it obvious from the get go he didn't give a shit about college.

Findog
12-28-2012, 02:19 PM
A top 10 pick, a full season of Dirk, bring back Mayo, another All-Star caliber player with our cap space and we're ready to rock and roll in 2013-14.

Latarian Milton
12-28-2012, 08:12 PM
too early to give up the season imho. they're still in a good position to contend for a playoff seat and you'll only see them playing better the rest of season with an easier schedule and the recovery of dirk. mavs already won more games than a scrub team is expected to win throughout the entire season so its almost impossible to bring home a top5 pick even if they start tanking right now and lose every game.