PDA

View Full Version : Spurs fans: Who would you rather see win the west, the Lakers or OKC?

spursmartyr
12-28-2012, 12:03 AM
As a lifelong Spurs fan, I never want to see such a pampered, pack-faggot team such as OKC win the title.

I was five years old when Avery made that classic baseline shot to give us our first NBA championship. The next three years, the Lakers got more than fair revenge against the Spurs, beating us every year (except for the year Timmy went down) often with the aid of bad calls, no-calls, etc. due to the Lakers being Stern's beloved moneymakers of the time. There seemed to be no hope in defeating this great evil of Shaq & Kobe.

When the Spurs finally beat the Lakers in 2003 en route to the title, it was like a revelation, Christmas morning, and winning the lottery all at the same time. While the Spurs' previous 1,000 attempts in beating the hated Lakers had failed, the 2003 season was inspired by our upcoming stars as well as our golden veterans in the twilight of their careers, most especially David Robinson. The Admiral retiring on a low note, with only one championship to show for? That just couldn't be, in Tim Duncan's world at least. The 2002-03 Lakers had a start not so very different from the 2012-13 Lakers' start (one of the chief similarities being the maelstrom of injuries) but they were still the Lakers, after all, a 50-win team that had snuck into the 5-seed, defeated the Timberwolves, and appeared poised to contend for a 4th straight championship, which probably would have had me permanantly lose all interest in basketball. But the Spurs, fronted by the best power forward on the globe in his absolute prime year, did it.

And then, there was 2004 -- a terrible moment for Spurs fans, being cheated out of a second straight series victory over the Lakers and likely a second straight trip to the NBA Finals by an NBA-affiliated scorer who is paid to give the breaks, such as an extra few tenths of a second, to the bigger-market teams of the league. With help from the Pistons, the Lakers imploded in the 2004 offseason, and missed the playoffs in 2005 while we won the championship. While the Lakers were a mediocre team in 2006 and 2007, the Spurs won another title in the latter year and seemed to be well on their way again when the Lakers, naturally, are gift-wrapped the Pau Gasol trade for what essentially amounted to a happy meal (the Marc Gasol argument is bad because he wouldn't shine for another 2-3 years). They go on to handily defeat the Spurs in 2008 (the series should have been 4-2 at the very least, if Blowjob Joey hadn't magically swallowed his whistle at a specific time) and win titles in 2009 and 2010, the latter certainly with aid from the referees. The Spurs have generally had the better of the Lakers since then, but have no more titles to show for it.

I was seven years old when Avery made his first shot off a backscreen -- for the Denver Nuggets. And our new prodigy, a young kid from France, made his vaunted debut for the silver and black (actually the silver, black, aqua, pink, and golden tan... the last year of the ditzy Fiesta colors and the Alamodome). Although beating the Lakers was the #1 goal, it seemed -- and proved to be -- impossible at the time.

So after a 20-4 start, the Spurs cruise in an up-and-down season to a decent record, and we take on the Seattle Sonics in the first round -- the last five-game series in the history of the NBA. The Sonics were one of my least-favorite teams of the time, probably third behind the evil Lakers and hardly respectable Jailblazers. It seemed like, during the series, every time I turned on the TV some moron like Vin Baker or even Gary Payton was talking trash about TD or TP, how TP didn't belong in the league with GP, etc. Even after Timmy's dad died, causing him to miss Game 4, the Sonics continued their smack talk; they were typical, tailor-made, classless assholes. Fortunately, we were able to annihilate them in the series winning Game 5, before suffering yet another bitter defeat at the hands of the dreaded Lakers.

2005 is really the year where I permanently became a lifelong hater of this franchise. They wouldn't stop gloating after starting off the season like 13-1 and beating us twice early on in the regular season. I remember going to Fatso's and the officials there asking my parents to leave because I was throwing a bit of a temper tantrum when the Spurs were down at home by like 21 in the first half to the Sonics (I was 10 years old). Not only were their big guys a bunch of walnut-brained turds, but Ray Allen was such a сunthole that season. In the playoffs, one of the rock brains, Jerome James, admitted that they had no respect for the two-time champion Spurs or Tim Duncan after tying the series at 2-2. And Ray Allen couldn't stop his mindless whining about Bruce Bowen, even though he only got several million bogus calls going his way in that series. The Spurs would push the upstart Sonics' feces in, fortunately, with an emotional Game 6 win. And then there were the Sonics fans. Midway through the 4th, Timmy landed on his right ankle, and was down for a couple minutes. All 19,000+ fans in the overstuffed dilapidated barn known as the Key Arena stood and cheered in unison in one of the most unprecedenced classless events in the history of sports. And then when Timmy finally got up and walked off on his own power, each and every one of those fans booed louder than when Lebron returned to Cleveland as a member of the Miami Heat. But Timmy would calmly sink the game winning running layup, just a week after missing a potential series-clinching fallaway in Game 3... and the Spurs won the championship. The Sonics were nowhere to be seen in the playoff picture from 2006 to 2008, fortunately.

In 2008, David Stern promoted Clay Bennett's decision to relocate the franchise to Oklahoma City, moving the team from a spoiled hippie city to an epicenter town for hickdom. Although this was a bit of karma to the fans for the booing incident of Tim Duncan, the Sonics fans probably didn't deserve to lose their team. And Oklahoma didn't deserve a team based on their fostership of the Hornets after Katrina. David Stern, being the jew he is, augments the reputation of the controversial relocation by ensuring that they receive high picks in 2008 and 2009 (Westbrook and Harden) and that every time one of the stars is breathed on that his cronies call it a foul. Stern is a Jew, after all, and Jews know how to make money and gain advantages via deceitful methods -- you think the Ottoman Sultan, Stalin, or Hitler did their deeds for no reason? I think not.

The Oklahoma Thunder have now come to be Stern's Darlings of the League, with even the Lakers now taking a back seat mainly due to the aging of their heavy artillery. How could anyone root for them? They're a fraud. They shouldn't exist. Their only "fans" are inbred fucks who shoot meth. To me, this is the new great evil in the NBA -- making the Lakers look like ponies in this day and age. Their "superstar" is a foul-mongering, quivering pink vagina pussyсunt, and their other players are extremely annoying.

If the WCF came down to the L.A. Lakers against Oklahoma, it would naturally be a tough call, my most two hated teams of all time -- but I'd have to ally myself with the Purple & Gold for the second time in my life; the first being in last year's semifinal series. Yes, that means I'd root for Kobe's shots to go in, as much as I despise the rapist. I'd root for either team to lose against Miami, of course, as much as I don't care for them. I'd much rather have a team like the Knicks or Clippers win it all if it can't be the Spurs this season. Even the Grizzlies would be fine in this situation.

GO SPURS GO!! :flag:

Uriel
12-28-2012, 12:07 AM
The Spurs.

Sean Cagney
12-28-2012, 12:19 AM
The Spurs.

Paranoid Pop
12-28-2012, 12:21 AM
Clips.

Malik Hairston
12-28-2012, 01:01 AM
The majority of Spurs fans could never cheer for the Lakers in any capacity, tbh, especially with Kobe on the team..however, OKC is the most ref-reliant team in NBA history, and they have an abundance of unlikable players..

The Clippers have just as many lames as well, tbh..

If the Spurs don't win, hope an East team wins, obviously..

DesignatedT
12-28-2012, 01:41 AM
Only other realistic team I wouldn't mind seeing come out of the west is Memphis. Not my favorite group of guys but at least they play hard and the right way.

Brunodf
12-28-2012, 01:51 AM
Hornets

HI-FI
12-28-2012, 01:52 AM
if not the Spurs, then I'd root for Denver, just because I lived there as a kid and I respect a few players on that team, plus I wouldn't mind Karl getting a ring.

there is no way in hell I can root for Lakers or Thunder, and I'm a big time Durant fan. OKC is too coddled, with too many annoying players and retarded fans.
Lakers are Lakers, I'll never support them in any capacity.

Honestly if not Spurs, either Denver or whoever is in the East.

rmt
12-28-2012, 02:03 AM
FTL - the first thing I want from the playoffs is for the Lakers to miss it. OKC is not bad - I like Durant. He's gets the ref's whistle but no more so than Kobe and all his phantom calls. Don't understand the hate for OKC - Presti's doing some good stuff there - handling the cap in a small market unlike the (puke) $100m that the Lakers dish out because they're in a large market. I'd say good luck to the Lakers with D'Antoni but after .4, they don't need anymore luck.

Also love their role players in particular, Sefalosha and Collison - wish we had a stud like Ibaka - young, athletic, defensive big with (quickly) expanding offensive game.

8FOR!3
12-28-2012, 08:15 AM
The Spurs.

Brazil
12-28-2012, 09:05 AM
Funny thing is that nobody read the post that is putting racism at all other level.

Brazil
12-28-2012, 09:06 AM
Op is a nice racist tbh

Anonymous Cowherd
12-28-2012, 09:36 AM
Op is a racist faggot tbh

but throwing around the word 'faggot' is all well and good I suppose

exstatic
12-28-2012, 09:53 AM
The Spurs.

If it were LA/OKC, I wouldn't give a fuck or watch. I hate them both. I really don't see OKC making it, though, or LA for that matter.

superbigtime
12-28-2012, 10:05 AM
What's with the anti-semitic homophobia? Can we just hate the Lakers and Thunder based on their players, fans, and unfair league bias? And even though Durant has the league blowing their whistles for him (as again was seen in last night's OT win vs Dallas -- it's blatant), he is a legitimate superstar.

benefactor
12-28-2012, 10:06 AM
New age Spur fan is strange. You talk about the early Duncan era but you are obviously full of shit, because if you actually watched those games you wouldn't say some of the things you are saying. Align yourself with the Lakers and cheer for Kobe's shots to go in?

You make me sick.

No real Spurs fan picks Kobe's Lakers over any other team in the West to go to the finals. For any reason. Ever.

Bill_Brasky
12-28-2012, 11:08 AM
If its not the Spurs I'd like to see Memphis or the good LA get in. I want the Lakers to get swept again and I want OKC to choke on their own free throw reliant dicks.

PÒÓCH
12-28-2012, 11:27 AM
Hornets

You mean the Pelicans?

KaiRMD1
12-28-2012, 12:10 PM
I'd rather it be between the Clips and the Grizz.

InRareForm
12-28-2012, 12:20 PM
clips

elemento
12-28-2012, 12:35 PM
If it's not the Spurs I simply don't give a damn.

BillMc
12-28-2012, 01:05 PM
Spurs only. Otherwise I don't care.

Juggity
12-28-2012, 01:52 PM
Stern is a Jew, after all, and Jews know how to make money and gain advantages via deceitful methods -- you think the Ottoman Sultan, Stalin, or Hitler did their deeds for no reason? I think not.

uhhhhhhh is this an endorsement of genocide?

CitizenDwayne
12-28-2012, 02:16 PM
No Spur fan should ever have any reason to cheer for either of these teams.

Both seem pretty impossible to like, to me, at least.

Darkwaters
12-28-2012, 02:27 PM
FTL

Kidd K
12-28-2012, 06:51 PM
Neither one. "Any team but them", is pretty much my single thought on it.

I would literally not mind if the fuckin Mavs won another title if it meant neither one of them did. Or the Rockets. Or the Grizzlies, Suns, or Clippers.

I hope OKC never wins a title with their current core tbh. Not just this year. If the NBA stops pampering them with officiating, maybe I'll change my opinion on them. But for now, any team that gets pampered by the league, I never want to see win a title.

As for the Lakers, I don't want to see Kobe get a 6th ring. In no way does it make on on par with Jordan. . .AT ALL. . .but I just don't want to hear the shithead Kobe fanboys claim it day in and day out. That said, we all know the Lakers don't deserve any more titles. But even moreso, Kobe sure as hell doesn't.

I still want to see a 5th title for these Spurs. I'm not as optimistic about it as I was the last 2 years though. We still have a shot, but it's a lot more of a long shot than it was the last 2 years.

bigfan
12-28-2012, 07:06 PM
Im sick of your dumbass threads. go away.

Spur|n|Austin
12-28-2012, 07:11 PM

spurraider21
12-28-2012, 08:05 PM
when in doubt, refer to rules of spurs fanhood:
1) Go Spurs
2) Fuck the Lakers

Arcadian
12-28-2012, 08:13 PM
That was a pretty good read, spursmartyr.

If I must choose, I'd prefer OKC to win.

Spurs da champs
12-28-2012, 08:25 PM
No real Spurs fan picks Kobe's Lakers over any other team in the West to go to the finals. For any reason. Ever.

dylankerouac
12-28-2012, 08:27 PM
That was a pretty good read, spursmartyr.

Agreed. OKC, though I think the Spurs have a good chance, assuming whistles are fair.

cd021
12-28-2012, 10:07 PM

Yeah dude, lost some credibility with calling people out with the "faggot" line

cd021
12-28-2012, 10:09 PM
Its like picking between getting kicked in the balls and punched in the balls

OKC i guess but I really hate them, I feel like the spurs are becoming the old guys shaking their canes as okc skates past them. In the playoffs it would take a near perfect series to beat them.

TrainOfThought5
12-28-2012, 10:31 PM
New age Spur fan is strange. You talk about the early Duncan era but you are obviously full of shit, because if you actually watched those games you wouldn't say some of the things you are saying. Align yourself with the Lakers and cheer for Kobe's shots to go in?

You make me sick.

This. They make me ashamed to be a NASF. I VIVIDLY remember the bullshit that was .4 and my Laker hatred was sealed for that moment forever. The bullshit i had to put up with at school from shitty laker fans... The shittiest of shit fans.

Ill root for another lockout before i root for the lakers.

TheSkeptic
12-28-2012, 10:56 PM
Never mind coming out of the West. Lakers should just worry about getting into the playoffs.

spursmartyr
12-28-2012, 11:20 PM
This. They make me ashamed to be a NASF. I VIVIDLY remember the bullshit that was .4 and my Laker hatred was sealed for that moment forever. The bullshit i had to put up with at school from shitty laker fans... The shittiest of shit fans.

Ill root for another lockout before i root for the lakers.

Wait.....

Your Laker hatred wasn't sealed until 2004?

:nope

gambit1990
12-28-2012, 11:23 PM
fuck the lakers.

McGusto55
12-28-2012, 11:33 PM
Spurs....fuck any other team clown!!

SayTown
12-29-2012, 02:53 AM
What kind of question is this, this is a joke right

will_spurs
12-29-2012, 03:10 AM

This.

Kidd K
12-29-2012, 02:51 PM
Agreed. OKC, though I think the Spurs have a good chance, assuming whistles are fair.

lol. They definitely won't be against OKC. They probably won't be against either LA team, and certainly won't be against Miami or New York either.

We're looking at a possible gauntlet of Stern-favored teams throughout the playoffs bro. Prepare now so the frustration isn't as tremendous later. Good news is, the Spurs can shoot well enough to overcome whistles enough times to still win series against those teams.

Brazil
12-29-2012, 04:24 PM

I changed faggot for nice unless you have a better proposal to describe his racism tbh

Brazil
12-29-2012, 04:32 PM
Yeah dude, lost some credibility with calling people out with the "faggot" line

What is your credibility with not calling out for his anti Jew post? Stern is Jew they know how to make money hitler had his reasons to do what he did. But we are dully noting that you'd prefer OKC.

Brazil
12-29-2012, 04:52 PM
and still

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRGy2T80KtbG91wyQmQtrw5gXFgZhwCK ZBzISJvylDo9VC1fpBB

cd021
12-29-2012, 09:50 PM
What is your credibility with not calling out for his anti Jew post? Stern is Jew they know how to make money hitler had his reasons to do what he did. But we are dully noting that you'd prefer OKC.

Wait...that the hell are you talkin' bout? I only saw the homophobic one, I'm completely lost.

MVPCues
12-30-2012, 12:37 AM
1) Go Spurs
2) Fuck the Lakers

This.

Brazil
12-30-2012, 10:09 AM
Wait...that the hell are you talkin' bout? I only saw the homophobic one, I'm completely lost.
Now you are loosing me

Have you read the thread?

Ginobili2Duncan
12-30-2012, 11:57 AM
Root for the Lakers?

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRE3vs2q45XZpqOmGsd_J8cOQvrdHD57 Fyshz1R_A6sGJBoUWA_N3DgDfvm

cd021
12-30-2012, 04:27 PM
Now you are loosing me

Have you read the thread?

OK, now i get, I only ready the thread title and then commented (I know, lame move)

I Guess the dude must of been on his Mel Gibson that day. I saw someone qoute the original post and replied to that one.

Brazil
12-30-2012, 04:31 PM
OK, now i get, I only ready the thread title and then commented (I know, lame move)

I Guess the dude must of been on his Mel Gibson that day. I saw someone qoute the original post and replied to that one.

This was my point :lol nobody read the whole boring stuff (except me) and in the middle of nowhere op is somehow justifying the Jew genocide. Umbeavable and yet out of nowhere a dude calls me out for using faggot. This whole thread is an episode of the twilight zone.

cd021
12-30-2012, 10:08 PM
This was my point :lol nobody read the whole boring stuff (except me) and in the middle of nowhere op is somehow justifying the Jew genocide. Umbeavable and yet out of nowhere a dude calls me out for using faggot. This whole thread is an episode of the twilight zone.

I kind of feel dickish now, my bad...

to be fair when someone writes a really long thread that isn't spaced I'm like 90% less likely to read it all.

aal04
12-30-2012, 10:32 PM
I don't mind the clippers winning just as long as they don't start hailing Blake Duncan V2.0. Scratch that, they will probably call him Duncan V2.0. I want to see OKC win a ring (if we don't)

TampaDude
12-31-2012, 02:17 PM
1. The Spurs
2. Anyone but the Lakers

Josepatches_
12-31-2012, 08:28 PM
1) Go Spurs
2) Fuck the Lakers

This