PDA

View Full Version : I quit sportsbetting

Ghazi
12-28-2012, 01:20 AM
Not that anyone cares, neither do I really... but I've decided to call it quits on my unsuccessful handicapping career.

reason: severe losses and psychological tilt.

lemme run this beauty by ya'll.

Duke is tied with CIncy today 34-34... I have Duke +10 and feel I've already won the bet as they're inside the 5 with 1:30 left... Duke player fumbles recovered by Cincy... oh well, remember its +10... essentially its 44-34 right now and the team has to drive 95 yards to get a TD. I switch the channel and tune back and somehow CIncy has scored a TD and there's still over a minute left... still, no biggie... up 44-41 with a minute left.

40 seconds left, Renfree gets pressured, throws a bad pass, intercepted by lineman, pcik 6... Duke fails to cover.

Which was just a painful way to lose... reminding me of my skew of horrendous losses in such a short span... let us review.

1. Niners -8 v Seahawks -Harbaugh declines safety. Niners win 13-6
2. Lions +6 v Packers - Lions up 14-3, seeming to dominate and driving... weird bizarre fumble by Stafford... Packers return it.. win 27-20
3. Penn State +8.5 v Huskers - Huskers win 32-23 on a very questionable call, fluke safety, and FG with 20 seconds left.
4. USC+5 v Irish - not horrible, but 4 downs to get 6 inches to cover... can't do it. USC loses.
5. WVU -3 v TCU - WVU is up 7 and TCU is 95 yards away from end zone with less than 2 minutes left. breakdown in coverage, 95 yard TD... WVU misses a FG in OT preventing the push, and ultimately loses by 1.
6. Cavs -1 v Blazers - Batum buzzer beating 3-PT shot, Cavs lose 119-118
7. Chargers -1 v Ravens - 4th and 29... 4th and fucking 29... AND then losing in OT.
8. Chargers Pick v Broncos - 24-0 lead... not good enough
9. Bears -6.5 v Lions ... not a horrible loss, but backdoor cover by Lions w/ meaningless TD.
10. Patriots/Seahawks - I dunno how it happened didn't watch, but I had the Patriots.
11. Packers v Colts - Had Packers in a teaser, blown 21-3 lead.
12. Akers missed FGs - about $600 swapping hands on Akers missed FG in both Rams games.

probably could name a few more, all in all, all of this consistutes about a $5000-$6000 swing. very annoying.

but alas, I fucking quit.

Ghazi
12-28-2012, 01:32 AM
Ole Miss -3 blowing a 23-6 lead to vandy wasn't kind either.

26-20 lead w/ under a minute... blown assignment in secondary, TD Vandals. I lose. go fuck yourself.

Blake
12-28-2012, 02:28 AM
Been there, done with it too.

Ghazi
12-28-2012, 03:22 AM
Steelers -1.5 v Cowboys was pretty gay too... up 24-17 if the monkey doesn't fumble the punt return Steelers probably cover easily.

Not a HUGE one, but i light of everything else, more pain.

weebo
12-28-2012, 12:55 PM
Get help.

DeadlyDynasty
12-28-2012, 01:12 PM
I doubt you'll be able to quit cold turkey (unless youre broke), but one way is to scale back the cheese you're laying on each game. Spend the next 2-3 months making nothing but $50 bets. Lay off the parlays and teasers--they're sucker bets. Winning $50 doesnt feel that good, but it doesnt feel bad either, and the losses will be negligible compared to before. It's not as fun gambling this way, but you stay in the game while not breaking your pockets.

tbh, i'm currently doing this b/c its been a shitty betting year for me too. Last year i was bad in NFL but killed it in the Association...this year has been shit across the board, save for the last 2 weeks.

Ghazi
12-28-2012, 03:58 PM
Dd... What u think about the jazz tonighg... Also. How do i balance
My meds to achieve a hypomanic state

DeadlyDynasty
12-28-2012, 04:51 PM
Jazz are interesting, but it's the 5th most intriguing bet of the NBA night (at least for me): Pacers (-8), Spurs (-7.5), Kings (+3), and Mavs (+3) feel like better bets, but who knows. I'm betting both the Indy and SA games...still on the fence about Sacto, but both Melo and Felton are out. As for the other thing, I assume you're trolling but if not then get a real doctor who's not handing out pills like candy. Try meditating too (lol, I know...but seriously).

Ghazi
12-28-2012, 07:12 PM
look man we got Lithium, Seroquel, and Effexor

Let's FIND the hypomanic balance.

DeadlyDynasty
12-28-2012, 08:38 PM
:lolIf that's true then your Doc should be sued for malpractice. Time for some tough love, my nigga.

I'm not saying this to be funny, witty, or anything else...but every patient ive come across who takes Lithium has been legitimately batshit crazy. Like off-the-walls one minute, 1000-yd-stare the next. I draw up the Haldol just in case when we get those people. Are you sure you need to be taking this?:lol

Effexor, tbh, is an antidepressant that ive seen primarily used with senior citizens...cant remember any young pt's with that Rx but there are some i guess.

As far as Seroquel, i dont know too much about it except for a very vivid memory of my first clinical run as a paramedic. It was a 30-something y/o guy at St. Lukes Hosp in Boise, ID who had a near 24-hr erection as a side effect from his first prescribed dose of it
The only prescribed SSRI i ever took regularly was Lexapro...been off it for years now tho. As for you brah, try weed and Paxil, the Ricky Williams diet.

DeadlyDynasty
12-29-2012, 12:09 AM
Need Sacto to hold on...0-2 so far...lost by one basket in my 2 other bets, per the usual.

monosylab1k
12-29-2012, 02:10 AM
i.e. one more failed bet and Ghazi's kneecaps are fucked.

Ghazi
12-29-2012, 04:46 AM
well Jazz lost... but covered.

As for those meds... I thought Lithium was just for bipolar... Seroquel is so annoying. 10-12 hours of sleep filled w/ weird dreams, emotionless/flat state, increased appetite, "zombielike" trance.. pretty lame.

Duno about the effects of effexor.

Anyway, Houston +5 is looking strong tomorrow. Don't like high turnover teams (Thunder) v fast breaking teams (Houston)... will research further.

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-29-2012, 09:55 AM
:lol degenerate gambler

monosylab1k
12-29-2012, 10:19 AM
Ghazi just do a bunch of coke and re-enact the drug deal ripoff scene from Boogie Nights. Put that shit on youtube tbh.

Pelicans78
12-29-2012, 10:56 AM
look man we got Lithium, Seroquel, and Effexor

Let's FIND the hypomanic balance.

Why Effexor and not Lamictal?

rascal
12-29-2012, 10:58 AM
Just play fantasy sports. You won't lose as much as if your betting every week on games.

DeadlyDynasty
12-29-2012, 11:21 AM
Why Effexor and not Lamictal?

I thought Lamictal was a seizure med.

DeadlyDynasty
12-29-2012, 11:23 AM
That being said, it would still make sense b/c it would calm down brain activity, so ur probably right. Ghazi, have u ever had an EEG?

Pelicans78
12-29-2012, 11:27 AM
I thought Lamictal was a seizure med.

Its mostly used for depression in bipolar patients. But it's good for seizures too.

leemajors
12-29-2012, 11:35 AM
It fucks up your skin as well.

DeadlyDynasty
12-29-2012, 11:52 AM
^Dilantin does as well. I saw a nurse once give it IVP and the pt said he wanted to chop his arm off it hurt so bad. The Doctor was fucking livid. Pretty sure she was transferred to Tele a day or 2 after that:lol

z0sa
12-30-2012, 05:32 AM
I'm just getting into it. graduation is close and I need to start saving some $$ lol. I mostly only bet on NBA or SC though.

Ghazi
12-30-2012, 05:44 AM
Redskins and Bears seem to be the most popular picks in the Las Vegas Supercontest

CAR/NO and GB/MIN seem to be dead even. 118-118 and 161-161

I think I may have a final card of : Bears -3, Redskins -3, Vikings +3.5, and maybe Panthers +5

Ghazi
12-30-2012, 06:40 AM
Time to go out with a bang, my final 5 picks:

Panthers +5 - better team getting points here IMO, New Orleans still has one of the worst defenses in the league... Panthers are better than their record, Newton is quietly having a fantastic year and should find spots against this shaky defense..

Bears -3 - I don't trust the Lions anymore, I've bee burned backing them many times and it's time to fade them. The team simply isn't healthy... receivers outside fo megatron injured, Fairley out, secondary banged up..

Eagles +7- bad football team, but so are the Giants. Vick is playing for next year... Giants pass rush seems to have disappeared. Giants another unhealthy team.

Vikings +3.5 - Just cause I feel like it... Ponder is trash, but usually plays a bit better at home. AD torched the Packers last time and they would've won if not for redzone turnovers.. Packers OL is still shaky.

Redskins -3 - Better team at home.. Cowboys defense is horrible this year going up against the 2nd best offense in the NFL.. fading a team w/ a losing culture in a primetime game. The blowout is possible here, IMO.

Ghazi's bookie
12-30-2012, 10:03 AM
Not so fast wise guy. you better not quit if you value your kneecaps.

InRareForm
12-30-2012, 04:52 PM
no one wins in sports betting. the juice is too much