PDA

View Full Version : sons LSU is going to destroy TCU in the season opener in Dallas next year

BRHornet45
12-30-2012, 01:45 AM
lol at that monkeyball QB

Texas Christian University better start praying to God now.

Twisted_Dawg
12-30-2012, 05:25 PM
Rehab is for quiters!

Jimmiemac
12-31-2012, 01:31 PM
With the return of their #1 QB and #1 RB (Pachall & James) and with all those freshman getting a year of S&C I would hazard a guess that TCU is probably not only going to be significantly better but favored to win the B12 and will be a great game vs LSU.

You have to be a sports idiot to not know what happened to the froggies this year and not realize they will be a very good team in 2013

Blake
01-02-2013, 10:43 AM
I would hazard a guess that TCU is probably not only going to be significantly better but favored to win the B12

lol probably not.

DMX7
01-02-2013, 09:41 PM
Is Oklahoma ever not the favorite to win the Big XII going into the season?

Jimmiemac
01-08-2013, 12:30 PM
lol probably not.

USA Today early preseason poll:

TCU 13
UT 17
OSU 19
OU 21
KSU 25

Don't see Tech anywhere....

Like I said, most people who know college football will pick TCU to win B12 in 2013. Obviously football idiots will go another route.

Jimmiemac
01-08-2013, 12:31 PM
Should say Baylor was in the to be considered, again no Tech.

Blake
01-08-2013, 05:32 PM
I didn't say Tech.

I guess someone somewhere will predict TCU will win the big 12 next year.

Bill_Brasky
01-08-2013, 06:45 PM
USA Today early preseason poll:

TCU 13
UT 17
OSU 19
OU 21
KSU 25

Don't see Tech anywhere....

Like I said, most people who know college football will pick TCU to win B12 in 2013. Obviously football idiots will go another route.

:lmao losing to Tuberville
:lmao thinking that same team will somehow win the B12 next year

Twisted_Dawg
01-08-2013, 09:51 PM
LSU better destroy TCU, because four weeks later LSU goes on the road to Georgia, the following week on the road to Mississippi State, and then the week after that they get Florida at Baton Rouge. On 11.9.13, LSU goes to Alabama and two weeks later Johhny Football comes to Baton Rouge.

Good luck with that schedule.

Jimmiemac
01-09-2013, 11:23 AM
losing to Tuberville
thinking that same team will somehow win the B12 next year

You understand the nations leading QB at the time he left the program is returning in 2013 and their number one RB was out with an ACL is returning and their number 2 LBer is returning, and number 1 OT is returning...none of which were on the field against Tech and yet TCU still should have won. But get your yayas in while you can cause TCU will destroy your asses in 2013.

Bill_Brasky
01-09-2013, 11:32 AM
You understand the nations leading QB at the time he left the program is returning in 2013 and their number one RB was out with an ACL is returning and their number 2 LBer is returning, and number 1 OT is returning...none of which were on the field against Tech and yet TCU still should have won. But get your yayas in while you can cause TCU will destroy your asses in 2013.

I don't think you're grasping just how terrible Tech was this year. And they still beat TCU on the road. Don't give me that injury excuse bullshit either, every team deals with them.

So yeah, I'm gonna laugh pretty hard when you claim they'll win the B12. I think OSU wins it next year.

Blake
01-09-2013, 11:34 AM
TCU still should have won. But get your yayas in while you can cause TCU will destroy your asses in 2013.

8+ months worth of yayas

Jimmiemac
01-09-2013, 04:54 PM
I don't think you're grasping just how terrible Tech was this year. And they still beat TCU on the road. Don't give me that injury excuse bullshit either, every team deals with them.

So yeah, I'm gonna laugh pretty hard when you claim they'll win the B12. I think OSU wins it next year.

I know you do, you are from Tech.

Two things:

2012 has little to do with 2013 for TCU. They played more true freshman than any team in the country in 2012 and as mentioned are getting some of their best players back.

What you think isn't what everyone else is thinking. Gave you one example above but here is another for your edification:

David Ubben on his pick as the team most likely to make the BCS from the B12:

Hear me out on this. It's about upside, not about where these teams are right now. Oklahoma State is the most solid team heading into next season, the team least likely to disappoint in my book. You have to have a lot of upside, though, to win a BCS title coming out of next season's Big 12, with its low expectations, and for me, the Big 12 team with the most potential is TCU. The Horned Frogs very possibly could have one of the top three offenses in the league, and the best defense. Of course, all of this is predicated upon Casey Pachall (http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/481287/casey-pachall)'s return and subsequent success and playing like his old self, but the Frogs do what BCS title teams do.

They win the line of scrimmage. TCU can run the ball and can stretch the field with a consistent passing game (or it could when Pachall was there early in the season, anyway). TCU still hasn't navigated a Big 12 schedule with huge success, and could still have growing pains. A disappointing year with a lot of potential is really possible.

For me, though, TCU looks like the Big 12 team most capable of putting together a complete season and stringing together an unlikely run to a BCS title.

Jimmiemac
01-09-2013, 04:55 PM
8+ months worth of yayas

You gotta take what you can get. Enjoy.

Blake
01-09-2013, 05:08 PM
You gotta take what you can get. Enjoy.

Paschal takes drugs.

Blake
01-09-2013, 05:18 PM
I know you do, you are from Tech.

Two things:

2012 has little to do with 2013 for TCU. They played more true freshman than any team in the country in 2012 and as mentioned are getting some of their best players back.

What you think isn't what everyone else is thinking. Gave you one example above but here is another for your edification:

David Ubben on his pick as the team most likely to make the BCS from the B12:

Hear me out on this. It's about upside, not about where these teams are right now. Oklahoma State is the most solid team heading into next season, the team least likely to disappoint in my book. You have to have a lot of upside, though, to win a BCS title coming out of next season's Big 12, with its low expectations, and for me, the Big 12 team with the most potential is TCU. The Horned Frogs very possibly could have one of the top three offenses in the league, and the best defense. Of course, all of this is predicated upon Casey Pachall (http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/481287/casey-pachall)'s return and subsequent success and playing like his old self, but the Frogs do what BCS title teams do.

They win the line of scrimmage. TCU can run the ball and can stretch the field with a consistent passing game (or it could when Pachall was there early in the season, anyway). TCU still hasn't navigated a Big 12 schedule with huge success, and could still have growing pains. A disappointing year with a lot of potential is really possible.

For me, though, TCU looks like the Big 12 team most capable of putting together a complete season and stringing together an unlikely run to a BCS title.

David Ubben has Oklahoma State as the #1 team in his 2013 power rankings here:

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=big12&id=62510

you're from UTSA, aren't you.

Jimmiemac
01-09-2013, 05:21 PM
David Ubben has Oklahoma State as the #1 team in his 2013 power rankings here:

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=big12&id=62510

you're from UTSA, aren't you.

And who is #2?

Revenge tour 2013!

Blake
01-09-2013, 05:24 PM
And who is #2?

Revenge tour 2013!

So you think #2 = winning the conference.

If you're from UTSA or TCU of course you would.

Jimmiemac
01-09-2013, 05:50 PM
So you think #2 = winning the conference.

If you're from UTSA or TCU of course you would.

Maybe you should read his article as I quote "To me, it looks as if we have four legitimate contenders for the conference title and three possible dark horses. We'll see how the latter three develop, but I'm sold on the top four as teams that could realistically win the league next season."

Blake
01-09-2013, 06:03 PM
Maybe you should read his article as I quote "To me, it looks as if we have four legitimate contenders for the conference title and three possible dark horses. We'll see how the latter three develop, but I'm sold on the top four as teams that could realistically win the league next season."

I did. He still ranked those four.

I'm not sure even UTSA would accept someone that has problems with elementary numbering, so I'm thinking you didn't even go there.

I'm not sure you even made it through middle school.

Jimmiemac
01-10-2013, 12:04 PM
I did. He still ranked those four.

I'm not sure even UTSA would accept someone that has problems with elementary numbering, so I'm thinking you didn't even go there.

I'm not sure you even made it through middle school.

I am truly sorry you only made it through a Tech education and you were unable to get any comprehension skills but alas I will type this really slow for you so that maybe you will grasp a small portion.

Ubben has said TCU is the team most likely to get to the BCS championship from the Big 12, he also put them number 2 in the Big 12 power rankings (not how he predicts them to finish, that is another poll) and said any on the top 4 are likely to win the Big 12. Sports Illustrated picked TCU as the highest ranked team from the Big 12 in their 2013 preseason poll.

My comment was that TCU would probably be favored to win the Big 12 and all of the above support that comment, and you have provided nothing to counter that arguement but rather more support. Thank you for listening and hopefully someday the light will come on.

Blake
01-10-2013, 12:06 PM
So #2 still equals #1 to you.

There's nothing more to say.

Jimmiemac
01-10-2013, 12:12 PM
So #2 still equals #1 to you.

There's nothing more to say.

No, here is the logic you are trying to use and if you had any sense of logic you would understand the flaw:

1. TCU will probably be picked to win the Big 12
2. TCU ranked highest of Big 12 teams by SI
3. Ubben picks TCU as the team most likely to go to the BCS from the Big 12
4. The team most likely to go to the BCS would be the automatic qualifier from the Big 12
5. The only automatic qualifier from the the Big 12 is the champion
6. TCU picked #2 in a Big 12 "Power" poll by Ubben with a statement that any of the top 4 could win the Big 12
7. 2 = 1

Oh and by the way, Joseph Randle declares and Ubben had OSU as number 1 in the "Power" poll.

Blake
01-10-2013, 12:28 PM
So nobody really has actually predicted TCU to win the Big 12 yet.

Jimmiemac
01-10-2013, 12:43 PM
So nobody really has actually predicted TCU to win the Big 12 yet.

Ergo the "probably" as I have not seen any predictions on who will win the b12 in 2013, at least not by major sports services.

Blake
01-10-2013, 12:52 PM
You haven't posted anything that implies anyone anywhere will go with TCU; only that they'll be in the hunt.

I think it's possible that you could have four major outlets come back in August with four different predictions.

Bill_Brasky
01-10-2013, 01:01 PM
Paschal takes drugs.

tbh

Jimmiemac
01-13-2013, 02:06 PM
Dallas Morning News

1 TCU
2 UT
3 OU
4 OSU
7 TT

DMX7
01-13-2013, 04:04 PM
Dallas Morning News

1 TCU
2 UT
3 OU
4 OSU
7 TT

Link?

Jimmiemac
01-13-2013, 04:49 PM
Link?

It was in todays paper. You may want to try their website.

DMX7
01-13-2013, 05:33 PM
It was in todays paper. You may want to try their website.

DMN is hard to navigate because it's a pay-site.