PDA

View Full Version : The Hate Filled Republican Party...

Nbadan
09-03-2004, 04:52 PM
..first Zell Miller's fire and brimstone speech, and now this...

President Bush on Friday wished Bill Clinton ``best wishes for a swift and speedy recovery.''

``He's is in our thoughts and prayers,'' Bush said at a campaign rally.

Bush's audience of thousands in West Allis, Wis., booed. Bush did nothing to stop them.

Bush offered his wishes while campaigning one day after accepting the presidential nomination at the Republican National Convention in New York. Clinton was hospitalized in New York after complaining of mild chest pain and shortness of breath. ..

AP (http://cbsnewyork.com/nynews/NY--Bush-Clinton-on/resources_news_html)

Tommy Duncan
09-03-2004, 05:00 PM
Let's see the video to see if indeed it was "thousands" booing or just a few nutballs.

Tommy Duncan
09-03-2004, 05:02 PM
How about some Democrat "Hate". (http://www.creators.com/opinion_show.cfm?columnsName=ses)

Nbadan
09-03-2004, 05:05 PM
:wtf

When Reagan died, I remember most democrats being very respectful.

Spurminator
09-03-2004, 05:06 PM
I'm quite sure most Republicans will be very respectful as well.

Yonivore
09-03-2004, 05:07 PM
"When Reagan died, I remember most democrats being very respectful."
Yeah, right.

Samurai Jane
09-03-2004, 05:09 PM
I also remember some particularly vicious attacks by members of this board, among others, towards the late president.

There are a few bad apples in every bunch.

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-03-2004, 05:16 PM
When Reagan died, I remember most democrats being very respectful."

All I remember of prominent demos was Kerry saying Regan's era was a time of moral darkness, and Clinton being pissed he wasn't getting to speak at the funeral.

Tommy Duncan
09-03-2004, 05:37 PM
A new version has been posted by the AP:

story.news.yahoo.com/news...d=96378798 (http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20040903/ap_on_el_pr/bush_clinton&cid=694&ncid=1963&sid=96378798)

Bush Offers Best Wishes for Clinton

2 hours, 4 minutes ago

WEST ALLIS, Wis. - President Bush (news - web sites) on Friday offered former President Bill Clinton (news - web sites), who faces heart bypass surgery, "best wishes for a swift and speedy recovery."

"He's is in our thoughts and prayers," Bush said at a campaign rally.

Bush offered his wishes while campaigning one day after accepting the presidential nomination at the Republican National Convention in New York. Clinton was hospitalized in New York after complaining of mild chest pain and shortness of breath.

Bush recently praised Clinton when the former president went to the White House for the unveiling of his official portrait. He lauded Clinton for his knowledge, compassion and "the forward-looking spirit that Americans like in a president."

SpursWoman
09-03-2004, 05:38 PM
What, and then inspire Moore to another crockumentary on how "Bush Denies Citizens Their First Amendment Rights" ?

:wtf

Spurminator
09-03-2004, 05:39 PM
Interesting that they changed it... I wonder what happened.

Yonivore
09-03-2004, 05:39 PM
I want to see the video.

This reeks of press bias on the scale of Reuters calling Vice President Dick Cheney's acceptance speech an attack on Kerry's patriotism.

Tommy Duncan
09-03-2004, 05:40 PM
Hmmm...is the AP trying to impact the presidential campaign? After all, everyone knows they are a CIA outlet.

BC-Bush-Clinton, 1st Ld-Writethru,150 Bush offers best wishes for Clinton's recovery
Eds: SUBS lead to include reference to surgery. DELETES 3rd graf previous, Bush's audience, because of uncertainty about crowd reaction.
WEST ALLIS, Wis. (AP) - President Bush on Friday offered former President Bill Clinton, who faces heart bypass surgery, "best wishes for a swift and speedy recovery."
"He's is in our thoughts and prayers," Bush said at a campaign rally.
Bush offered his wishes while campaigning one day after accepting the presidential nomination at the Republican National Convention in New York. Clinton was hospitalized in New York after complaining of mild chest pain and shortness of breath.
Bush recently praised Clinton when the former president went to the White House for the unveiling of his official portrait. He lauded Clinton for his knowledge, compassion and "the forward-looking spirit that Americans like in a president."

Joe Chalupa
09-03-2004, 05:51 PM
Where is the love?

Tommy Duncan
09-03-2004, 05:53 PM
The love is there.

Where is the objectivism in journalism?

Nbadan
09-03-2004, 06:00 PM
Interesting that they changed it... I wonder what happened

Not really. Happens all the time. It's amazing how one news outlet can report something completely different regarding the same incident. You simply cannot trust the broadcast news media anymore, and now it is infecting print media also.

Tommy Duncan
09-03-2004, 06:04 PM
What changed about the reliability of the print media in the last minute?

Tommy Duncan
09-03-2004, 06:05 PM
According to Drudge...

THEN RETRACTS... AUDIO REVEALS LOUD CHEERS FOR EX-PREZ... DEVELOPING...

If true does this make the GOP the "Love Filled Party"?

Yonivore
09-03-2004, 06:06 PM
Biased media? What biased media?

Joe Chalupa
09-03-2004, 06:12 PM
Biased media? you mean FauxNews?

There are biased consertive and liberal media outlets.

FoxNews is clearly conservative and the major networks seem to be sliding that way too.

That is why I listen, watch and read from all sides.

Yonivore
09-03-2004, 06:17 PM
Give me an example of where Fox News has out-and-out lied like the AP just got caught doing.

Or, like Reuters did yesterday by reporting that Vice President Dick Cheney attacked Kerry's patriotism.

I don't think Fox hides the fact they have a conservative bent. But, I don't see them lying either.

Joe Chalupa
09-03-2004, 06:26 PM
I don't consider Reuter's as lying since Cheney did attack Kerry's patriotism.

Reporting something that is inaccurate is not lying, at least not to me.

Again, that is why I don't limit my news sources.

Tommy Duncan
09-03-2004, 06:26 PM
The thing that people seem to forget is that Fox News is one fucking channel. You have CNN, MSNBC, CBS, NBC, ABC, and most major print media outlets (NY Times, LA Times, Washington Post, Boston Globe, Newsweek, Time, etc) which can scarcely be projected as objective.

All of your whining about "Faux News" rings pretty fucking hollow in the face of the reality of the bias exhibited daily by all of those other outlets.

Yonivore
09-03-2004, 06:29 PM
How'd he attack his patriotism, Joe?

Tommy Duncan
09-03-2004, 06:36 PM
Attacking how one voted in a legislative body does not constitute an attack on their patriotism. It's a critique of their judgement. Nothing more, nothing less.

Cleland pulled this same shit in Georgia in the 2002 Senate race when his votes on the Homeland Security Department were criticized.

Joe Chalupa
09-03-2004, 06:39 PM
When he questioned that Kerry won't defend the USA or wants to give the military what they want when Cheney himself proposed many military cuts.

Bandit2981
09-03-2004, 06:40 PM
The thing that people seem to forget is that Fox News is one fucking channel. You have CNN, MSNBC, CBS, NBC, ABC, and most major print media outlets (NY Times, LA Times, Washington Post, Boston Globe, Newsweek, Time, etc) which can scarcely be projected as objective.
how can you tell if a certain media is biased to one side or another, or reporting facts that go against what you want to believe? what is the criteria for determining such a thing? depending on who you ask, or what you read, data can be interpreted to mean anything you want if done skillfully

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-03-2004, 06:44 PM
That's a great question Badit, but liberals have no problem tagging Fox News as biased.

Typical liberal double standard... "it's okay for us to do it, but if the conservatives do it, they're not being fair/honest/objective/haven't defined it right/etc."

Tommy Duncan
09-03-2004, 06:45 PM
Open your eyes. It's not hard to read the editorial page of the NY Times (or LA Times or Boston Globe or...) as well as most of the major news articles in that paper to understand the viewpoint espoused by that paper.

I've done that more than I should have in my life.

The only major paper editorial page that is as consistently right of center as the NY Times and the rest of the papers I've mentioned are left of center is The Wall Street Journal.

Bandit2981
09-03-2004, 06:45 PM
im not pointing fingers at anything, im just trying to see what determines whether something is objective or biased

It's not hard to read the editorial page of the NY Times
you're basing your claims for bias on editorials? i guess we're talking about apples and oranges, i was referring to actual news reporting, not opinions

Joe Chalupa
09-03-2004, 06:55 PM
I think the problem is that if a media outlet has editorials that don't love Dubya, then they are a liberal biased outlet.

If you don't like what you are reading or watching or listening to turn the page, channel or radio dial and quit your bitching.

That's what I do sometimes when Sean or Rush or Ann get on the boob tube or the radio.

I don't subsribe to conservative rags either.

But I do watch FoxNews for the babes.

Bandit2981
09-03-2004, 06:56 PM
who's your favorite joe? :eyebrow

Joe Chalupa
09-03-2004, 06:59 PM
I like Kryian or what ever her name is.
She has some great gams!!

Bandit2981
09-03-2004, 07:01 PM
dari alexander makes me feel tingly down under :dog

Spurminator
09-03-2004, 07:11 PM
The entire NY Times paper is the Editorial Page.... they're just not all labelled as such.

Yonivore
09-03-2004, 07:16 PM
"When he questioned that Kerry won't defend the USA or wants to give the military what they want when Cheney himself proposed many military cuts."
Okay, Joe, you're just plain being intellectually dishonest.

Vice President Cheney's characterizations were based on Kerry's Senate voting record and were suppositions based on his 20 year voting record against all thing military.

The cuts then Secretary Cheney proposed were made pursuant to a mandate, handed down by a Demoncratic Congress, to make cuts. He was merely proposing the best cuts he could under the circumstances.

Do you really believe Secretary Cheney woke up one morning and said, damn, I've got too much money in my budget?

Tommy Duncan
09-04-2004, 12:25 AM
you're basing your claims for bias on editorials? i guess we're talking about apples and oranges, i was referring to actual news reporting, not opinions

It sets the tone for the entire paper and when you read the news articles they clearly reflect that tone.

Try reading it sometime.

Yonivore
09-04-2004, 12:31 AM
You want reporting bias?

How 'bout the AP, today, reporting that President Bush "did nothing" while a crowd, assembled to hear him speak, booed at the news that former President Clinton had fallen ill. Unfortunately for the AP, audio recording technology had been invented a few decades before the event and they were forced to retract the statement once it was learned the boos were actually cheers of encouragement for the sick former President.

Then, there was Reuters yesterday, reporting that John Kerry "bristled" at Vice President Cheney's attacks on his patriotism in his acceptance speech. I watched the speech and then I read the speeches text. Vice President Cheney attacked his voting record. He commended him for his service in Vietnam.

That's the kind of media bias I'm talking about. And, the editorials don't help.

Plus the fact that 3 in 5 reporters, nationwide, polled as voting for Kerry and 9 in 12 inside-the-beltway reporters did the same.

Intentional or not, those kinds of odds, can't produce unbiased, objective, reporting.

Nbadan
09-04-2004, 05:37 AM
Intentional or not, those kinds of odds, can't produce unbiased, objective, reporting

Your right, It can't when most print editors who decide what goes into print are rich republicans working for a conglomeration filled with other rich conservative republicans. There are exceptions, but those are the 'liberal' papers discounted by most conspiracy-minded conservatives, especially in this forum.

Nbadan
09-04-2004, 08:17 AM
Judge for yourself here. Do you hear some boos amongst the clapping?

Republicans Boo Clinton Best Wishes (http://homepage.mac.com/mkoldys/bush.mp3)

Yonivore
09-04-2004, 10:05 AM
Nope. I hear cheers and "wooes!"

Thanks for the post. And, I saw it on Lehrer last night as well...coming away with the same conclusion.

The reporter "wanted" to hear boos. I think you did too.

travis2
09-04-2004, 11:13 AM
And this surprises y'all? More intellectual dishonesty and flat-out lying from the left.

Face it...to be a liberal you have to be able to lie to yourself AND to others.

Samurai Jane
09-04-2004, 12:10 PM
Those are definitely not boos. Anybody that's ever been to a ball game and heard the crowd booing the refs knows the difference.

Yonivore
09-04-2004, 12:59 PM
What's more, after watching the video..it's even more puzzling that the AP would characterize the President as having "done nothing to stop them." He stood respectfully while the crowd gave the former President an encouraging show of support.

Tommy Duncan
09-04-2004, 01:11 PM
Judge for yourself here. Do you hear some boos amongst the clapping?

No. I saw the video yesterday evening and definitely did not hear any booing.

xrayzebra
09-04-2004, 04:34 PM
Would you all please hold it down I am sitting around
hating...

:cuss :cuss :cuss :cuss :cuss :cuss :cry :cry :cuss :cuss :cuss :tyson :tyson :tyson :tyson :tyson :tyson :flipoff :flipoff :flipoff :flipoff :makemyday ::pc2 :pc 2:pc2 :pc 2

but I love them: :elephant :elephant :elephant

Now I must go out and question Kerry's patriotism, poison some
water and find a few kids to starve.......

Everyone have a nice day.

Hook Dem
09-05-2004, 12:58 PM
Dan....you have the nerve to say this after the Michael Moore fiasco???????:lol

Nbadan
09-06-2004, 07:23 AM
Here is some more love from a Republican delegate to a N.Y.C. protestor

Can you feel the love? (http://www.actupny.org/reports/rnc_nyc-kicking.mov)

Hook Dem
09-06-2004, 11:55 AM
Dan....Gonna ignore my statement on Michael Moore??????? You sure are getting desperate now!:lol

Nbadan
09-07-2004, 01:36 PM
The hate from the right continues...

Drunken Bush supporters heckle 70 year old woman. She had several throat surgeries.

"throughout Senator Kerry's speech...There were approximately fifty Bush supporters, including a very vocal group of about ten who were drinking lots of Busch beer."

"The Bush supporters did not let up shouting while an elderly woman who had several throat surgeries tried to tell her tale, prompting Senator Kerry to say to the cameras and the crowd, "While the Bush people were rudely shouting...a 70-year old woman was trying to tell the story of how she has to go out and work because she needs to take pills."

MSNBC (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5445086)

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-07-2004, 01:39 PM
Yes, and we all know that the left has never shown any hate towards Bush.

Nothing like Michael Moore films, anti-Bush 527s, protesters at the RNC, protesters on the streets at the RNC assaulting Republican convention delegates outside their hotels, etc.

Those in glass houses shouldn't throw stones Dan.

Tommy Duncan
09-07-2004, 01:43 PM
danny boy do you have video of that protestor kicking that cop in the head when he was lying on the ground? Another example of the Hate Filled Democrat Party, no doubt.

Tommy Duncan
09-07-2004, 01:46 PM
The Hate Filled Democrat Party exposed...

news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=...&printer=1 (http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=694&u=/ap/20040906/ap_on_el_pr/kerry_5&printer=1)

In West Virginia, Cecil Roberts, president of the United Mine Workers of America, gave Kerry a rifle as a gift. Kerry, a self-described gun-owner and hunter, quipped: "I thank you for the gift, but I can't take it to the debate with me."

Pretty insensitive considering that a GOP county HQ was shot at a few days ago in WV.

CommanderMcBragg
09-07-2004, 01:51 PM
All of you need to quit your whining and crying.
Politics is a tough sport.

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-07-2004, 02:20 PM
Politics is tough.

The problem is that spineless wonders like Dan feel they can throw blow after blow at W. while crying like a little girl who had their Barbie taken from them anytime someone says something bad about Kerry.

The road goes both ways.

Hook Dem
09-07-2004, 10:54 PM
Dan's like slick Harold down at the local pool hall wearing taps on his shoes trying to impress the youngsters!:lol