PDA

View Full Version : Mavs: Carlisle threatens suspensions for underachieving players

irishock
12-31-2012, 02:50 PM
http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2012/12/31/mavs-carlisle-threatens-suspensions-to-jolt-his-cratering-team/

:lmao can you say Roddy DoJo Kaman

thunderup
12-31-2012, 02:52 PM
players giving up on the team?

TimmehC
12-31-2012, 02:53 PM
Well that's a good way to lose the locker room.

Koolaid_Man
12-31-2012, 02:55 PM
Dirk is in big trouble if that's true

Dallas
12-31-2012, 02:56 PM
Well that's a good way to lose the locker room.

It's already been lost

Basketballgirl25
12-31-2012, 03:00 PM
So is Carlisle gonna get fired? Hey if that happens Mavs could bring back Avery, he is good at rebuilding teams lmfao jk

thunderup
12-31-2012, 03:01 PM
So is Carlisle gonna get fired? Hey if that happens Mavs could bring back Avery, he is good at rebuilding teams lmfao jk
:lol

timvp
12-31-2012, 03:14 PM
It's obvious that Carlisle can't stand Darren Collison. Collison actually puts up pretty good stats but he also makes dumb mistakes and sucks on defense. In literally every Mavs game I've watched, Carlisle has called a timeout to scream at Collison for f'ing up. It's telling that Carlisle started the corpse of Derek Fisher instantly after signing him.

Now, the Mavs are basically forced to play Collison because while he's not that good, the backups are horrific. Roddy Buckets has sucked after he broke his foot and has reached a new level of suck this year. Dominique Jones can't hit a shot outside of the paint and doesn't really belong in the NBA. Mayo ain't a PG. :lol @ CDR at point forward.

Dirk also seems annoyed by the horrible point guard play. If I'm the Mavs, I give up whatever it takes to get a competent PG in there. Someone like Calderon could turn that ship around and get into the playoffs. Hell, someone like Beno Udrih would be a pretty massive upgrade at this point. Who knew the loss of Kidd (and JJB, for that matter) would be such huge losses....

Dallas
12-31-2012, 03:17 PM
Mavs have got to strike a deal for Jose Calderon without taking Bargnani.

DPG21920
12-31-2012, 03:34 PM
Unless they want to part with OJ Mayo, that is not happening. Mavs have literally no assets to offer outside of cap space and Toronto can get that from whomever they want for Calderon. Calderon will be a decently coveted asset and if they can't use him to dump Bargs, they will certainly get something better than just cap space IMO. The Mavs best bet is to hope the market for Calderon is pretty dry so he can be salary dumped, but that won't be until near the deadline and then it might be too late.

DMC
12-31-2012, 03:56 PM
Carlisle beating the drum to deaf ears, including the owner's. They wholesaled the franchise after the ring. The suckage they experienced prior to finding that combination is back. Shocker.

LkrFan
12-31-2012, 03:57 PM
Dirk is in big trouble if that's true

:lol

LkrFan
12-31-2012, 03:59 PM
Calderon is a horrible defender. You guys think Nash is bad, this dude sucks ass on that side of the floor.

TimmehC
12-31-2012, 04:07 PM
Calderon is a horrible defender. You guys think Nash is bad, this dude sucks ass on that side of the floor.

Mavs should pull a Spurs and go all-offense.

DMC
12-31-2012, 04:09 PM
Mavs should pull a Spurs and go all-offense.

Because they have that ability.

Dallas is ranked 28th in defense. Spurs are ranked 15th.

TimmehC
12-31-2012, 04:27 PM
Eh, I was speaking more about the last two seasons. More correctly, they should be more like the early-2000s Mavs.

Koolaid_Man
12-31-2012, 05:31 PM
Carlisle beating the drum to deaf ears, including the owner's. They wholesaled the franchise after the ring. The suckage they experienced prior to finding that combination is back. Shocker.

I fucking hate agreeing with you...but I reluctantly will...this time...Rick is just making a play to prevent his inevitable firing...He's blaming the players as if it's their fault a shitty collection of talent was brought to play together...this is called grand standing in political terms...Rick has no shame he's looking out for his kids....He's not about to get that Mike Brown treatment...he will make sure of that...fuck the players yo....:lol

HeatChamps
01-01-2013, 12:46 PM
Like yelling at the players is going to make them play any smarter. He should be yelling at that horrible owner the Mavs have.

irishock
01-01-2013, 04:57 PM
Earl K. Sneed ‏@EKS_MavsNBA (https://twitter.com/EKS_MavsNBA)
Carlisle also says there's no real threat of suspensions forthcoming despite his postgame comments Sunday.