Reck
12-31-2012, 08:58 PM
But the firing of Avery was supposed to fix things!! :cry

Clipper Nation
12-31-2012, 09:00 PM
Deron "Baron Davis 2.0" Williams: 3-11, 8 points, 1 ASSIST :lol

LkrFan
12-31-2012, 09:06 PM
Blow it (http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ac5x2lh) up. Both teams benefit from this little trade.

Reck
12-31-2012, 09:09 PM
31 point beatdown.

TE
12-31-2012, 09:10 PM
Deron "Baron Davis 2.0" Williams: 3-11, 8 points, 1 ASSIST :lol

Fat overrated point guard :lol

Clipper Nation
12-31-2012, 09:11 PM
Blow it (http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ac5x2lh) up. Both teams benefit from this little trade.

Gerald Wallace is probably the one player the Nets wouldn't trade from their core, tbh...

LkrFan
12-31-2012, 09:21 PM
Gerald Wallace is probably the one player the Nets wouldn't trade from their core, tbh...
Oh I know. I been wanting Crash in LA for a long time. He'd be nasty next to Kobe and Nash.

ElNono
12-31-2012, 09:27 PM
:lol Russians
:lol Stalin
:lol Nyets

Baseline
12-31-2012, 09:38 PM
Whoever established Deron Williams as a superstar is out of their mind.

Fat. Average. Supremely Overrated. Ingrate. Coach killer. Carries the ball on every possession. Ugliest game in the NBA.

Deron Williams is the most unlikeable player in the NBA behind...

1. K. Bryant.
2. D. Howard

Clipper Nation
12-31-2012, 09:45 PM
And people used to think he was better than CP3 :lol

Venti Quattro
12-31-2012, 09:55 PM

guilty as charged

racm
12-31-2012, 10:06 PM

CP3 carried Vinny Del Negro to a 16-0 month. Jerry Sloan made Williams into an All-Star. Think about it.

HI-FI
12-31-2012, 10:26 PM
I was always higher on CP3, thought he was more of a true leader and playmaker, but I can't make fun of anyone if they were higher on Deron at the time. I remember there being a Nash vs Kidd debate about the two, how Deron was more physical and a better defender. Time has proven that CP3 is a legit superstar and Deron is an unlikeable fat slob and coach killer.

The biggest moron is Cuban for blowing up a championship team to get Deron.

Clipper Nation
12-31-2012, 10:34 PM
I also never thought DWill was better, but I was also a CP3 fan from the start of his career.... CP3 made do with crap in NOLA compared to what DWill had in Utah, but didn't complain even half as much as DWill.... plus CP3's game has always been more aesthetically pleasing and fun to watch....

racm
12-31-2012, 10:38 PM
I also never thought DWill was better, but I was also a CP3 fan from the start of his career.... CP3 made do with crap in NOLA compared to what DWill had in Utah, but didn't complain even half as much as DWill.... plus CP3's game has always been more aesthetically pleasing and fun to watch....

CP3 got the Pelicans to 56 wins and a division title with Byron Scott as HC and a starting five of Peterson, Stojakovic, West, and Chandler. Williams has a team hovering at .500 with even bigger names like Joe Johnson.

Paul is a winner. Williams is a whiner.

irishock
12-31-2012, 11:12 PM

:lmao Lakers getting goods in return for couple ounces of wheat

scanry
12-31-2012, 11:15 PM

I was one of them during 2006 - 2009. Since then CP3 nursed through a surgery and made the Clippers a legit Contender. On the other hand, Deron has had 5 coaches and got 2 fired. IMO he'll never be forgiven for what he did to Sloan. Sloan is arguably the greatest teacher we've had in a long time. Think about it, Greg Popovich has modeled his coaching style on Sloan.

I remember MJ & Phil were huge fans of Sloan in the 90's. Phil especially was a huge Sloan admirer and couldn't stop talking about him after the 1997 championship. Too bad he couldn't win a championship though.

racm
12-31-2012, 11:17 PM
Sloan would probably have a ring if his first option were mentally tougher than Karl Malone, tbh.

LkrFan
12-31-2012, 11:30 PM
:lmao Lakers getting goods in return for couple ounces of wheat
:lol

DMC
01-01-2013, 02:30 AM
But the firing of Avery was supposed to fix things!! :cry

You don't fix things by removing parts. You fix them by adding new parts. PJ is just a filler, the Nets will need time to build a newer, more effective offense and get some chemistry. It's tough on a team when a coach gets fired mid season.

Venti Quattro
01-01-2013, 04:10 AM
:lmao Deron with a -35

FkLA
01-01-2013, 04:55 AM
This reminds me of the criticism on Melo prior to this season. Hes just an overrated chucker with a loser mentality!! I even remember a bunch of dumbasses saying they wouldnt trade Parker for Melo just last season tbh. Granted Melo even at his best is not LeBron and DWill even at his best isnt better than CP3, but both are still some of the best players in the league.

DWill seems unmotivated and out of shape this season but that obviously isnt all he has in him. I dont doubt that on a good team he can be a top player in the league like Melo has this year. And no the Nets arent a good team, its ridiculous how poorly constructed they are despite all the money they threw into it...if you actually believed the hype that the Nets were anything close to a contender youre an idiot tbh.

Basketballgirl25
01-01-2013, 09:26 AM
Oh I know. I been wanting Crash in LA for a long time. He'd be nasty next to Kobe and Nash.

Crash for Kobe, haha that would be something Proky would do

Basketballgirl25
01-01-2013, 09:29 AM
Whoever established Deron Williams as a superstar is out of their mind.

Fat. Average. Supremely Overrated. Ingrate. Coach killer. Carries the ball on every possession. Ugliest game in the NBA.

Deron Williams is the most unlikeable player in the NBA behind...

1. K. Bryant.
2. D. Howard

How is Deron unlikeable?

I can name others before him, and Deron isn't my favorite player I'll only root for him because he is on Nets

Basketballgirl25
01-01-2013, 09:35 AM
This reminds me of the criticism on Melo prior to this season. Hes just an overrated chucker with a loser mentality!! I even remember a bunch of dumbasses saying they wouldnt trade Parker for Melo just last season tbh. Granted Melo even at his best is not LeBron and DWill even at his best isnt better than CP3, but both are still some of the best players in the league.

DWill seems unmotivated and out of shape this season but that obviously isnt all he has in him. I dont doubt that on a good team he can be a top player in the league like Melo has this year. And no the Nets arent a good team, its ridiculous how poorly constructed they are despite all the money they threw into it...if you actually believed the hype that the Nets were anything close to a contender youre an idiot tbh.

I'll say I don't know what is up with Deron, but I will say I've been reading lately how he has had little time off, I mean with shortened season he went to play overseas, then the season started, then Olympics, then supposedly the day after he got home he got home he went into the gym to start practice for this season, then this season so really if it's all true not a lot of time off. Then add him being banged up and the Nets not having a great great team, all adds together. I'm not saying he doesn't suck, because this year he deff has, but he is admitting he is sucking and last nights game, was deff not just him it was the whole god dang team. He scored the 5 points when no one else did lol

racm
01-01-2013, 09:40 AM
How is Deron unlikeable?

I can name others before him, and Deron isn't my favorite player I'll only root for him because he is on Nets

He and Dwight Howard lead the league in coaches thrown out, tbh... the only coach Kobe got thrown out was Mike Br:lolwn, tbh

Basketballgirl25
01-01-2013, 12:00 PM
He and Dwight Howard lead the league in coaches thrown out, tbh... the only coach Kobe got thrown out was Mike Br:lolwn, tbh

Actually Kidd is up there with them as well

Clipper Nation
01-01-2013, 12:41 PM
How is Deron unlikeable?

He whines constantly, rivals Kobe for sheer excuse-making, and is a known coach-killer, tbh.....

DMC
01-01-2013, 01:03 PM
:lmao Deron with a -35

How does your starting all star PG get 1 assist in that many minutes? Patty Mills had 2.

DMC
01-01-2013, 01:06 PM
How is Deron unlikeable?

Any team leader who doesn't lead his team and bitches to the front office about the coach is unlikeable. Even Kobe hasn't overtly killed his coach, though he did run off the best center the Lakers have had since Kareem.

Basketballgirl25
01-01-2013, 01:08 PM
He whines constantly, rivals Kobe for sheer excuse-making, and is a known coach-killer, tbh.....

guess you can call all the Net players coach killer then, since I've heard/read(which means nothing) that a lot of them didn't really like Avery by the end, guess you could say the same thing about Dirk as well since he and other Mavs got Avery fired before this

maverick1948
01-01-2013, 01:26 PM
I'll say I don't know what is up with Deron, but I will say I've been reading lately how he has had little time off, I mean with shortened season he went to play overseas, then the season started, then Olympics, then supposedly the day after he got home he got home he went into the gym to start practice for this season, then this season so really if it's all true not a lot of time off. Then add him being banged up and the Nets not having a great great team, all adds together. I'm not saying he doesn't suck, because this year he deff has, but he is admitting he is sucking and last nights game, was deff not just him it was the whole god dang team. He scored the 5 points when no one else did lol

Sorry basketballgirl25, being tired is not an acceptable excuse. Look at other teams who had players in the Olympics. You dont hear them complaining about being tired. Take the Spurs for example. Parker, Splitter, Ginobili, Mills and De Colo all played in the Olympics. Parker, Ginobili and Splitter are the team the devoured the Nets. De Colo and Mills are two bench players who contribute almost every game. Parker having a great year. Splitter moved into starting lineup. Manu is back to being Manu.

No DWill is not and has never been a top 3 PG. CP3 and Parker have far better records than DWill can hope to get. Nash has been the premier point guard for years. Rando is better than DWill but he is a problem child. 2 years from now Kyrie Irving and Kemba Walker will overtake DWill with ease. I can make a case that in 2 years, DWill will not even be a top 10 PG.

:toast

jeebus
01-01-2013, 02:22 PM
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/01/deron-williams-says-two-years-of-constant-playing-may-have-worn-him-down/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

http://i45.tinypic.com/2po6snr.gif

DMC
01-01-2013, 02:43 PM
Sorry basketballgirl25, being tired is not an acceptable excuse. Look at other teams who had players in the Olympics. You dont hear them complaining about being tired. Take the Spurs for example. Parker, Splitter, Ginobili, Mills and De Colo all played in the Olympics. Parker, Ginobili and Splitter are the team the devoured the Nets. De Colo and Mills are two bench players who contribute almost every game. Parker having a great year. Splitter moved into starting lineup. Manu is back to being Manu.

No DWill is not and has never been a top 3 PG. CP3 and Parker have far better records than DWill can hope to get. Nash has been the premier point guard for years. Rando is better than DWill but he is a problem child. 2 years from now Kyrie Irving and Kemba Walker will overtake DWill with ease. I can make a case that in 2 years, DWill will not even be a top 10 PG.

:toast

Let's stop revising history to suit our currently held stances.

DWill was one of the best in the league. He's got a weak stomach however, and his desire to prove himself night in and night out is not Jordanesque. Once he realized he wasn't getting help from Howard or any other dominant bigs, he pretty much went into storage mode, just get paid and not put much effort into it. Blame the coach and let it ride.

There's no use in saying he was never the best PG in the league, he was right there with Paul and his numbers were amazing. Not now though.

Venti Quattro
01-01-2013, 03:05 PM

DWill was one of the best in the league. He's got a weak stomach however, and his desire to prove himself night in and night out is not Jordanesque. Once he realized he wasn't getting help from Howard or any other dominant bigs, he pretty much went into storage mode, just get paid and not put much effort into it. Blame the coach and let it ride.

There's no use in saying he was never the best PG in the league, he was right there with Paul and his numbers were amazing. Not now though.

Fair on all counts. D-Will has fallen off a cliff and I'm really saddened by it. I really thought he'd be an elite point guard for a long time.

Basketballgirl25
01-01-2013, 05:48 PM
don't worry you guys, D-Will will get back to being top 10 or top 15. Never thought he was the best when he was in Utah, but he was decent and better then a whole lot more players in the league, he is making a case that he should be sucking, but if Nets give him some days off I think he might be good to go and start playing better

Trainwreck2100
01-01-2013, 05:50 PM
Spurs taking the nets to the woodshed for jacking their uni design

Latarian Milton
01-01-2013, 09:48 PM
not deron's fault he only has 1 assist when he's surrounded by jackshits and overpaid veterans, JJ was supposed to be a big acquisition in summer but he only turned out a paycheck collector

maverick1948
01-01-2013, 11:17 PM

Not revising history for me. I have never thought he was that good. I still dont think he is that good and if you want numbers, look at several of the PGs he has been up against. In the last 5 years, Nash, Paul and Parker have all out played him. Those 3 have played on "teams" not as individual players.