PDA

View Full Version : Eddy Curry!

Gino2882
06-30-2005, 10:44 AM
The Spurs need to work on a way to get Eddy Curry here. I think putting him beside Timmy in the center position could make Curry a force. Rumors are they are willing to trade him. He can split time with Nazr this coming season and take over full time after that.

2pac
06-30-2005, 10:48 AM
Lets offer Marks and a second.

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-30-2005, 10:48 AM
Was he the guy who missed the playoffs with a heart condition (irregular heartbeat, IIRC)? That alone would kind of scare me off of that trade. On top of that the Bulls seem to be pretty intent on keeping their youngsters there and developing a real team under Scotty Skiles.

Other than that I think I remember similar trade suggestions being tossed around during the season and people were saying there were some attitude and effort issues.

TDMVPDPOY
06-30-2005, 10:52 AM
That guy is a risk man, heart irregular beat problems, wouldnt evn touch him buddy, he wont get the max contract his lookin at, probly around 6-7.5mill a year

SenorSpur
06-30-2005, 11:01 AM
Tyson Chandler would be the better fit for the Spurs defensive scheme. He's taller, runs the floor better, loves to hit the glass and blocks shots at a more prolific rate than Curry.

spur219
06-30-2005, 11:02 AM
The hell with Eddy Curry. I would try to get Tyson Chandler over here. Trade Rasho and something else for Chandler. The guy is a defensive beast.

ObiwanGinobili
06-30-2005, 11:02 AM
I can't approve this becasue he is ugly. Let's not bring our hotness factor farther down than it allready is.

Also - I'm weary of american players who did not go to college. Most have an entitlement atitude that would greatly clash with the Spurs environment.

Mr. Body
06-30-2005, 11:04 AM
Who do you propose trading? Terrible idea. A number of teams are after him, prepared to give up more for an unproven commodity. Let's get players who can help win championships instead.

Guru of Nothing
06-30-2005, 02:05 PM
The Spurs need to work on a way to get Eddy Curry here. I think putting him beside Timmy in the center position could make Curry a farce. Rumors are they are willing to trade him. He can split time with Nazr this coming season and take over full time after that.

Typo corrected.

whottt
06-30-2005, 02:07 PM
Eddy Curry sucks...the fact that people actually want him is testament to the power of the media...

Beno is a better rebounder...

SWC Bonfire
06-30-2005, 02:09 PM
I can't approve this becasue he is ugly. Let's not bring our hotness factor farther down than it allready is.

:lol

Well, at least she backed up her posisiton with an argument, unlike the yaks who keep wanting to trade Rasho for a case of beer or something.

texbumTHElife
06-30-2005, 02:35 PM
Hate to be an ass but....

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20314&highlight=Curry

Kori Ellis
06-30-2005, 11:23 PM
CHICAGO -- Bulls center Eddy Curry met with a cardiologist in Los Angeles on Thursday and the team awaited word on his condition.

Curry has not been cleared to resume physical activity, but team officials said that doesn't mean there is a complication.

Bulls general manager John Paxson said earlier this week he expected Curry to be cleared after meeting with Dr. David Cannom, chief of cardiology at Good Samaritan Hospital in Los Angeles.

Paxson, Cannom and Curry's agent, Leon Rose, didn't return calls Thursday seeking comment.

The Bulls have proceeded with caution since Curry, 22, experienced an irregular heartbeat that caused him to miss the final 13 games of the regular season and the playoffs.

Cannom determined last week after reviewing test results that the fourth-year center's enlarged heart was the result of exercise and not a life-threatening condition.

The Bulls made qualifying offers on Thursday to Curry, center Tyson Chandler and guards Chris Duhon and Jannero Pargo. That made them restricted free agents and gave the Bulls the right to match offer sheets the players might sign with other teams.

Clubs can start negotiating with free agents on Friday, but players can't sign until July 22.

exstatic
06-30-2005, 11:25 PM
Curry is a scrub. His only heart condition is that he lacks any.

NZHayden
06-30-2005, 11:26 PM
Lets offer Marks and a second.

nah. i like marks where he is

PM5K
06-30-2005, 11:29 PM
Didn't Dream and TC also have the same ailment?

So nobody here would want Dream because he had the same problem?

exstatic
06-30-2005, 11:35 PM
Curry is not Dream. He's a big body who fills out a basketball uniform. He has no idea how to play the game.

timvp
06-30-2005, 11:38 PM
timvp is the biggest Curry homer on the site and he says that Nazr > Curry.