PDA

View Full Version : What Happened on July 15th, 2009?

Darius Bieber
12-31-2012, 11:50 PM
Feel free to call me a noob, a grey Spurs fan, etc..

But I see that:

Most users ever online was 6,993, 07-15-2009 at 05:23 PM.

What happened on that date? Feel free to move this thread, I didn't know where else to put this.
I tried a Google search on the date but all it came up with was a Preview of a Summer League game between the Spurs and Hawks in 2012 Summer League.

Thanks for any info and Happy New Year! :toast

racm
12-31-2012, 11:51 PM
Traded He Who Must Not Be Named for Bowen, Oberto, and Thomas I guess

Darius Bieber
12-31-2012, 11:52 PM
Ah yes he was traded on June 23rd right? Might have been it. Thanks!

Boomersgold
12-31-2012, 11:56 PM
Traded He Who Must Not Be Named for Bowen, Oberto, and Thomas I guess

Richard Jefferson? How many "he who must not be named" are there on Spurs talk (It's not the first time I've heard this).

Why do you guys hate Jefferson so much? He averaged over 10 points on a reasonable shooting percentage.

racm
12-31-2012, 11:59 PM
Richard Jefferson? How many "he who must not be named" are there on Spurs talk (It's not the first time I've heard this).

Why do you guys hate Jefferson so much? He averaged over 10 points on a reasonable shooting percentage.

Because the man didn't fit in and shat the bed when the games mattered. Even an offseason of coaching with Pop didn't help that he made 8 figures. Now the Spurs have more than replaced his production with two young wings who don't even crack 10 million a year.

ElNono
12-31-2012, 11:59 PM
I thought the record was during the Anti-Christ thread...

Magua
01-01-2013, 12:01 AM

Because he's a faggot.

TE
01-01-2013, 12:04 AM
Because he's a faggot.

:lol

Literally

Strategic
01-01-2013, 12:05 AM

Don't hate the man. It just wasn't a step forward for the club.

Sean Cagney
01-01-2013, 12:11 AM

I am convinced by some of your posts you do not watch the Spurs like that or are not a fan at all.

Darius Bieber
01-01-2013, 12:14 AM
I have even tried the Internet Archives (http://archive.org/web/web.php) but sadly it didn't record any screenshots on July 15th of 2009. Still a pretty cool and fun tool to mess around with.

SanAntonioSpurs23
01-01-2013, 12:28 AM

:lmao

:lol

JRHernandez88
01-01-2013, 12:57 AM

Why do you guys hate Jefferson so much? He averaged over 10 points on a reasonable shooting percentage.:rollin:lmao:lol

timtonymanu
01-01-2013, 01:04 AM
Sorry, but anyone who doesn't understand the RJ hate hasn't watched the Spurs play that long or doesn't even watch the games.

spurraider21
01-01-2013, 02:39 AM
RJ was a colossal disappointment and cap hold. Was known as our albatross contract

Boomersgold
01-01-2013, 02:46 AM
I am convinced by some of your posts you do not watch the Spurs like that or are not a fan at all.

I've been a Spurs fan for about 4 years now, so I have watched Jefferson play for the Spurs. I never thought he was THAT bad, although he was certainly not good, and no one else on "Pounding the Rock" shows nearly as much hatred towards him as you guys do. Again, he averaged over 10 points and would hit a few threes a game!

I'd agree that he wasn't anywhere worth the ~9-10 million dollars that we were paying him, so that's the only legitimate reason for hating on him.

racm
01-01-2013, 03:03 AM
I've been a Spurs fan for about 4 years now, so I have watched Jefferson play for the Spurs. I never thought he was THAT bad, although he was certainly not good, and no one else on "Pounding the Rock" shows nearly as much hatred towards him as you guys do. Again, he averaged over 10 points and would hit a few threes a game!

I'd agree that he wasn't anywhere worth the ~9-10 million dollars that we were paying him, so that's the only legitimate reason for hating on him.

That's because on PtR we prefer to hate on Blair and Bonner, as they're still on the team. :hat

Drom John
01-01-2013, 10:55 AM
A sad reflection of the SpurTalk community, it wasn't the trade, or the draft, or basketball. It was gossip:
NBA star Richard Jefferson dumps bride-to-be, Kesha Ni'Cole Nichols, night before $2 million wedding (http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/nba-star-richard-jefferson-dumps-bride-to-be-kesha-ni-cole-nichols-night-2-million-wedding-article-1.429025)

Kori Ellis
01-01-2013, 11:29 AM
A sad reflection of the SpurTalk community, it wasn't the trade, or the draft, or basketball. It was gossip:
NBA star Richard Jefferson dumps bride-to-be, Kesha Ni'Cole Nichols, night before $2 million wedding (http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/nba-star-richard-jefferson-dumps-bride-to-be-kesha-ni-cole-nichols-night-2-million-wedding-article-1.429025)

I don't know if it's a sad reflection on SpursTalk but maybe on society :lol The traffic was because someone here broke the news of the breakup before it hit mainstream news. So the traffic was coming from Google for that. As well as from Google images because of a photo that was posted here of RJ and his ex.

Johnny RIngo
01-01-2013, 11:33 AM
The only thing Jefferson did well was shoot three pointers in regular season games.

polandprzem
01-01-2013, 11:33 AM
RJ is a history of ST !

Undeniable he is more important then spurs trophies

DapDaGenius
01-01-2013, 12:32 PM
Lol I really one to post a picture of Richard Jefferson, but I don't want to get banned again. :lol

Darius Bieber
01-01-2013, 03:58 PM

Ah okay, thanks!