PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Bryant: "Best I've played in a long while"

irishock
12-31-2012, 11:52 PM
http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/8797823/kobe-bryant-los-angeles-lakers-says-season-best-played-while

“http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/headshots/nba/players/full/110.png&w=65&h=90&scale=crop&background=0xcccccc&transparent=falseThis is probably the best I've played in a while. I've had years the last few years where I've felt pretty good but we kept my minutes down so the numbers didn't look the same, but this year I feel pretty good.
”-- Lakers star Kobe Bryant

irishock
12-31-2012, 11:54 PM
Here's a question: Who's having a better resurgent year: Kobe or Duncan?

Brunodf
12-31-2012, 11:57 PM

TD. Without him the Spurs would be below 0.500

Without Kobe the Lakers would be better...

thunderup
The times I've seen the Spurs play, Duncan has anchored the front-line like if it was 2002. He's also been able to knock down the mid-range J.

Kobe is statistically having a good year but meh.....

I'd go with Duncan.

racm
Kobe has had his most efficient year. TD has had his best year since 2007, IMO

Killakobe81
01-01-2013, 12:37 AM
TD. Without him the Spurs would be below 0.500

Without Kobe the Lakers would be better...

Duncan but this guy is a hater or dumbass to say Lakers would be better without Kobe. Duncan was a not even all star caliber llast year. This year he is all NBA material.

Brunodf
01-01-2013, 12:50 AM
Duncan but this guy is a hater or dumbass to say Lakers would be better without Kobe. Duncan was a not even all star caliber llast year. This year he is all NBA material.

Unlike last season Parker/Ginobili started this season playing like shit.

The Lakers have DH/Gasol, why would u want somebody taking away high% shots from them? Replace Kobe for Allen/Batier and your team is a lock to the Finals.

Killakobe81
01-01-2013, 11:37 AM

The Lakers have DH/Gasol, why would u want somebody taking away high% shots from them? Replace Kobe for Allen/Batier and your team is a lock to the Finals.

Asinine have you watched Pau and Howard play this year? Or how about okc or lac? Foolish assumption

weebo
01-01-2013, 11:49 AM
Asinine have you watched Pau and Howard play this year? Or how about okc or lac? Foolish assumption

The Lakers biggest advantage against almost every team in the NBA is their frontline. Kobe takes away from that advantage by trying to get his.

Koolaid_Man
01-01-2013, 12:23 PM

we can talk shit to each other all day but the cold hard fact out side of 5>4 :lol is that Numbers don't lie: What I find hilarious is that Duncan has always been good but no matter what he does, no matter how hard he tries he seems to always get over shadowed by Kobe...he seems to always be just a bit smaller he can never crack that glass ceiling...I know it must be frustrating as a Spur fan...

Kobe: PPG - 30.1 ; RPG 5.30 ; APG 4.9 PER + 26.03

Duncan: PPG 17.7 ; RPG 9.7 ; BLK 2.5 ; PER + 25.12

BlackSwordsMan
01-01-2013, 12:25 PM
duncan is a TOSB abviously

Koolaid_Man
01-01-2013, 12:31 PM
duncan is a TOSB abviously

:lol dont' get too excited Spur fan...after all the muthafucker gets all kinds of rest...sits out games and fucking doesn't have to worry about Olympic play....Kobe plays in the Olympics and other off-season venue's....he should be the one who needs the rest....everything Kobe does pretty much puts Duncan to shame....

Deuce Bigalow
01-01-2013, 04:11 PM
we can talk shit to each other all day but the cold hard fact out side of 5>4 :lol is that Numbers don't lie: What I find hilarious is that Duncan has always been good but no matter what he does, no matter how hard he tries he seems to always get over shadowed by Kobe...he seems to always be just a bit smaller he can never crack that glass ceiling...I know it must be frustrating as a Spur fan...

Kobe: PPG - 30.1 ; RPG 5.30 ; APG 4.9 PER + 26.03

Duncan: PPG 17.7 ; RPG 9.7 ; BLK 2.5 ; PER + 25.12

Wait..Spurfan thinks Duncan is better than Kobe this year? Lmao

Jt.ONE
01-01-2013, 04:12 PM

Replace Kobe for Allen/Batier and your team is a lock to the Finals.

http://www.troll.me/images/good-guy-tyson/oh-really-now-tell-me-more.jpg

irishock
01-01-2013, 04:38 PM
Bryant is an empty stats guy. Duncan has had the better year when you count for defense as well imo.

Ace
01-01-2013, 04:43 PM

What games have you been watching because Howard and Gasol have been shit.

007nites
01-01-2013, 06:12 PM
Per 36 mins

Kobe: PPG - 28.0 ; RPG 5.0 ; APG 4.6 PER + 25.6

Duncan: PPG 21.1 ; RPG 11.6 ; APG 3.0, BPG 3.0 ; PER + 25.1

Dallas
01-01-2013, 06:14 PM
Per 36 mins

Kobe: PPG - 28.0 ; RPG 5.0 ; APG 4.6 PER + 25.6

Duncan: PPG 21.1 ; RPG 11.6 ; APG 3.0, BPG 3.0 ; PER + 25.1

defensive win shares?

DPG21920
01-01-2013, 06:22 PM
So Kobe has one of the most stacked teams of all time, is playing his best and his team is out of the playoffs as of today. Pretty telling of his impact tbh..

TrainOfThought5
01-01-2013, 07:11 PM
So Kobe has one of the most stacked teams of all time, is playing his best and his team is out of the playoffs as of today. Pretty telling of his impact tbh..

Pretty much sums up what u need to know about Kobe Bryant. Amd when they miss the playoffs it wont be Kobe's first.time watching from the couch.

Cry Havoc
01-01-2013, 08:17 PM
I find it odd how one of the defining characteristic of a truly "great" player is measured by how much better they made their teammates and elevated their level of play. Yet Kobe throughout his career has always been protected, and it's always been the focus on how his teammates are just shitting the bed when they're playing next to him. Strange how he seems to be so impervious from the very standard by which great players have been measured in the past. There are ~28 other teams in the league who would love to land Gasol, yet Lakers fans are calling for his head on a daily basis. I don't think I've ever seen that dichotomy exist in the entire time I've been watching sports. Usually if a player is a cancer, teams are willing to "take a shot" on him. You don't see that same parallel here with Gasol. It's definitely a unique situation IMO when you have a player viewed only by a single team as a problem, and yet the rest of the league would line up to make a deal for him.

dunkman
01-01-2013, 09:19 PM
Kobe is smart for himself, financially the Lakers also get a lot of him, but the Lakers imo would have won more with another elite SG. He run Shaq and Phil out in 2004, he run Malone out too, Pau and Dwight play like they do for a reason, he held Bynum down too.

But the #24 jerseys will sell, Nike will sell merchandise too, ESPN will continue to embellish his legacy, people who doesn't thing much will believe them, he will break impressive scoring records, 5 rings is solid too and he may take another MVP award this season now that Nash runs the show.

However, the true is that he doesn't make his teammates better. Magic makes his comments about that often, and I'm sure he could have scored a lot too during his career.

Bynumite
01-01-2013, 09:25 PM
Yes, because Kobe is responsible for Dwight's limited offensive game and poor FT shooting and Gasol being past his prime and shooting 40% from the field. lol gnsf phags.

ambchang
01-01-2013, 09:28 PM
Tough topping 41 shots a game. Takes a great athlete to take that many shots and make close to 40% of them. Astounding year just based on that one single game.

Also, this year, only individual stats matter. Team accomplishments, such as wins and championships are suddenly not useful in evaluating individual play.

Latarian Milton
01-01-2013, 09:41 PM
nigga really enjoyed the years 05-08 where he could take as many shots as he liked, building big numbers on his own stats despite his team being 1st round fodder each and every year during that period.

Cry Havoc
01-01-2013, 10:18 PM
Yes, because Kobe is responsible for Dwight's limited offensive game and poor FT shooting and Gasol being past his prime and shooting 40% from the field. lol gnsf phags.

Case in point.

Killakobe81
01-02-2013, 12:08 AM
The Lakers biggest advantage against almost every team in the NBA is their frontline. Kobe takes away from that advantage by trying to get his.

LOL watch today's game, he does shoot a bit too much but yall.acting like this is 2009 Pau and Dwight. This would be like bitching Tony is taking away shots from Manu 4 years ago that would be an issue ... This year not so much.

weebo
01-02-2013, 01:23 AM
LOL watch today's game, he does shoot a bit too much but yall.acting like this is 2009 Pau and Dwight. This would be like bitching Tony is taking away shots from Manu 4 years ago that would be an issue ... This year not so much.

Shooting a bit too much as you said takes shots away from other capable scorers. You can't blame pau or dh if they stop trying. No one likes playing with a chucker.

Brunodf
01-02-2013, 01:28 AM

Tony FG% is over 50, most of his shots are layups, not contested jumpers.

midnightpulp
01-02-2013, 01:29 AM
Empty stats, tbh.

Fun-n-gun once convinced us that Quentin Richardson and Leandro Barbosa were borderline All-Stars and that Joe Johnson was the league's next great shooting guard.

Kobe is also one of the worst perimeter defenders in the league this season.

I'll give him props for his efficiency thus far, but he's nowhere near MVP candidate material.

ambchang
01-02-2013, 11:05 AM
Funny how Kobe's "best seasons" end up with the Lakers playing ~ .500 ball.