PDA

View Full Version : Clippers Can monkeyball win you a championship?

Black&Silver
01-01-2013, 09:33 AM
Discuss.

Trill Clinton
01-01-2013, 09:38 AM
yes.

the heat won last year.

thunderup
01-01-2013, 09:56 AM
lol OP demonstrating why the average spurfan is fucking retarded

Black&Silver
01-01-2013, 10:04 AM
does the thunder style of play fit the monkeyball requirements?

Leetonidas
01-01-2013, 11:14 AM
freethrow fest =/= monkeyball

Clipper Nation
01-01-2013, 12:39 PM
Tbh, it can, when said monkeyball is set up by a foundation of solid defense and crisp passing....

DMC
01-01-2013, 01:09 PM
Don't confuse athletic ability to finish at the rim with monkeyball. What wins you a championship is having a bench that can come in and regain a lead or maintain one. If the best thing a team ever puts out is a highlight dunk, they are monkeyballers. If that team moves the ball, plays solid defense, shoots the outside shot when it's available and has a solid bench, I wouldn't call them monkeyballers.

thunderfan
01-01-2013, 01:25 PM
does the thunder style of play fit the monkeyball requirements?
No. I agree with DMCs analysis and OKC is moving the ball very well, tops in 3 pt shooting and ranks very high defensively.

Jacob1983
01-01-2013, 11:07 PM
LMAO Monkeyball

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/96/Super_Monkey_Ball_Coverart.png

http://blogs.houstonpress.com/hairballs/monkey-meme.jpg

Spurs9
01-01-2013, 11:56 PM
LMAO Monkeyball

:lol

Clipper Nation
01-01-2013, 11:59 PM
LMAO Monkeyball

Certainly doing better than Cubanball this year, tbh... :downspin:

Latarian Milton
01-02-2013, 12:04 AM
Don't confuse athletic ability to finish at the rim with monkeyball. What wins you a championship is having a bench that can come in and regain a lead or maintain one. If the best thing a team ever puts out is a highlight dunk, they are monkeyballers. If that team moves the ball, plays solid defense, shoots the outside shot when it's available and has a solid bench, I wouldn't call them monkeyballers.

if someone makes posts that contradict each other then i'd certainly call him a troll because he doesn't seem to understand the words out of his own mouth. you called the clippers monkeyball in one of your earlier posts but the team is not at all a monkeyball team according to the definition of monkeyball you made above, pure self-ownage imho

DMC
01-02-2013, 06:47 AM
if someone makes posts that contradict each other then i'd certainly call him a troll because he doesn't seem to understand the words out of his own mouth. you called the clippers monkeyball in one of your earlier posts but the team is not at all a monkeyball team according to the definition of monkeyball you made above, pure self-ownage imho

I didn't mention the Clippers in the post you just quoted. If your eyes weren't so slanted and narrow you might have seen that.

Latarian Milton
01-02-2013, 09:08 PM
I didn't mention the Clippers in the post you just quoted. If your eyes weren't so slanted and narrow you might have seen that.
lonely old immigrant trying to divert the disscussion as usual. racial smack is old n boring, it's true that you didn't mention clippers in any of the posts in this thread but lets be honest, you have referred to the lob city as monkeyball on multiple occassions. you can go back and delete all these posts, but the truth stands imho.

DMC
01-03-2013, 01:19 AM
lonely old immigrant trying to divert the disscussion as usual. racial smack is old n boring, it's true that you didn't mention clippers in any of the posts in this thread but lets be honest, you have referred to the lob city as monkeyball on multiple occassions. you can go back and delete all these posts, but the truth stands imho.

lol you got mad when I said I had you on ignore, and have been on my nuts since. I didn't say anything about the Clippers not being monkeyballers. If you think I described the Clippers, that's your opinion.

Latarian Milton
01-03-2013, 05:31 AM
clippers move the ball well, play decent defense abeit not elite level, shoot from outside on a consistent basis and have a bench that might be the best n deepest of the league, so they fill in every description in your earlier definition of a non-monkeyball team.

i don't have no idea if you had me on igore, nor do i care. but im pretty sure you've put honesty on your ignore list