PDA

View Full Version : Clippers Stephen A Smith's Bold Prediction about Clips

AussieFanKurt
01-01-2013, 04:11 PM
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:8799066

Watch

TheRealCB
01-01-2013, 04:27 PM
What he says does make sense.The Clips are an amazing team,and even though Blake/Jordan are monkeyballing one-trick ponies,Chris Paul is SO good that maybe it won't matter.

AussieFanKurt
01-01-2013, 04:33 PM
While I'd be happy if they did I just don't see it happening. Hope I'm wrong

irishock
01-01-2013, 04:42 PM
Clips aren't going anywhere if they continue to depend on CP3 to be Kobe.

Clipper Nation
01-01-2013, 05:53 PM
Clips aren't going anywhere if they continue to depend on CP3 to be Kobe.
Repeating a shit take doesn't make it less shitty...

Latarian Milton
01-01-2013, 09:58 PM
chemistry ain't very important for monkeyball but it'd still make it more difficult to win when you have a chemistry killer like kobe in your locker room imho

Killakobe81
01-01-2013, 10:25 PM
Outside of the Lakers team I most want to win a title ....but dont see them beating Lebron in June as long as Wade is at least 75% and Bosh gives them something. No way they shoot the 3 at the same pace they did last June, with thw streaky guys they had, so it was wise to get more reliable (historically) shooters like Ray and Rashad.

CLips look amazing, but Im telling you until i See a Red Sox like break through I cant buy in 100% ...

KaiRMD1
01-02-2013, 01:45 AM
Honestly, I'm hoping the Clippers do good in the playoffs. The emergence of Deandre Jordan stands out the most for me and I can see him being an important factor for that team. Barring any injuries in the post season, I don't see why they can't go far in the playoffs. Hell, they may even make it to the finals but the season is long and a lot of things can happen.

Jacob1983
01-02-2013, 03:26 AM
Are we approaching overkill on the term "monkeyball"?

rayjayjohnson
01-02-2013, 03:29 AM
Are we approaching overkill on the term "monkeyball"?

Its the new "shitful take"

Arcadian
01-02-2013, 04:54 AM
It's actually not that "bold" considering they had won 17 straight games. It makes the prediction seem more reasonable, even if you would otherwise not think so.

DMC
01-02-2013, 06:53 AM
I agree that it's not a bold pick. SAS is a frontrunner. Calling it "bold" when the team is rolling like that one is laughable. It's not bold at all. It's an alternate choice to picking the defending champ, but bold? No. Picking SA would be bold, and stupid.

dylankerouac
01-02-2013, 09:13 AM
Does deAndre get to close games yet?

Koolaid_Man
01-02-2013, 10:15 AM
Outside of the Lakers team I most want to win a title ....but dont see them beating Lebron in June as long as Wade is at least 75% and Bosh gives them something. No way they shoot the 3 at the same pace they did last June, with thw streaky guys they had, so it was wise to get more reliable (historically) shooters like Ray and Rashad.

CLips look amazing, but Im telling you until i See a Red Sox like break through I cant buy in 100% ...

Ummm I went to physic and confirmed...that the Lakers won't be making the play-offs this year....better get your lube ready cuz Spur fan is about to fuck us something wicked....this is sad day for me personally....I watched the re-run of the game...Nash is indeed too old...Pau is done as a player in general, Dwight's playing passive, Artest is out of control literally with his wild dribbling all over the place and jacking shots relentlessly (dude has tunnel vision), and Kobe is being passive - aggressive...we have very weak role players and things are falling apart fast...Jamison wants out, Dantoni isn't the right fit...bringing in Dwight was a noble idea but Mitch miscalculated what Nash had left in the tank..Nash is just a role player now and should be coming off the bench... and he also failed to trade Gasol this summer for Josh Smith when he had the opportunity... Jim Buss remains silent because he knows he's fucked up...

As much as I hate to say it...and even though he got roasted by Westbrook..Sessions would be looking good and for a much cheaper price than we got Nash....

We might need to look to blow this shit up again before All-Star game...We may need to consider a major trade involving Nash, Gasol, and Artest...and rebuild around Dwight and Kobe...we could package Artest and Nash and then build a another Package around Gasol to get some youth, energy, and Speed.

We'd still have Kobe, Dwight, and Hill to build around

Killakobe81
01-02-2013, 10:25 AM
Ummm I went to physic and confirmed...that the Lakers won't be making the play-offs this year....better get your lube ready cuz Spur fan is about to fuck us something wicked....this is sad day for me personally....I watched the re-run of the game...Nash is indeed too old...Pau is done as a player in general, Dwight's playing passive, Artest is out of control literally with his wild dribbling all over the place and jacking shots relentlessly (dude has tunnel vision), and Kobe is being passive - aggressive...we have very weak role players and things are falling apart fast...Jamison wants out, Dantoni isn't the right fit...bringing in Dwight was a noble idea but Mitch miscalculated what Nash had left in the tank..Nash is just a role player now and should be coming off the bench... and he also failed to trade Gasol this summer for Josh Smith when he had the opportunity... Jim Buss remains silent because he knows he's fucked up...

As much as I hate to say it...and even though he got roasted by Westbrook..Sessions would be looking good and for a much cheaper price than we got Nash....

We might need to look to blow this shit up again before All-Star game...We may need to consider a major trade involving Nash, Gasol, and Artest...and rebuild around Dwight and Kobe...we could package Artest and Nash and then build a another Package around Gasol to get some youth, energy, and Speed.

We'd still have Kobe, Dwight, and Hill to build around

Well things dont look good ... but I never saw a title with this roster anyway. The thing that is funny is on LG so many posters argued Josh SMith wasnt enough for Pau (off-season) and now ATL would laugh at the offer. LG did the same when there were rumors of a Kevin LOve/Pau swap. Mitch tried to sell high and we almost got Paul before Stern nixed the deal. Then Pau re-established his trade value by a strong Olympics performance (he kept Ibaka on the bench) only to have Pau kill his value once again. I dont think Pau is done ... but just a bad fit. But those whining Pau needs more touches are not watching the games, Pau might need a new situation ... I think if paired with his baby brother they could find similar success to the olympics but they would be slow as hell so they would need ANOTHER all world defender (besides Tony allen) to play with them ...

Pau is still very skilled but needs to be baby fed and L.A> is NOT the place for that ...

Koolaid_Man
01-02-2013, 10:45 AM
Well things dont look good ... but I never saw a title with this roster anyway. The thing that is funny is on LG so many posters argued Josh SMith wasnt enough for Pau (off-season) and now ATL would laugh at the offer. LG did the same when there were rumors of a Kevin LOve/Pau swap. Mitch tried to sell high and we almost got Paul before Stern nixed the deal. Then Pau re-established his trade value by a strong Olympics performance (he kept Ibaka on the bench) only to have Pau kill his value once again. I dont think Pau is done ... but just a bad fit. But those whining Pau needs more touches are not watching the games, Pau might need a new situation ... I think if paired with his baby brother they could find similar success to the olympics but they would be slow as hell so they would need ANOTHER all world defender (besides Tony allen) to play with them ...

Pau is still very skilled but needs to be baby fed and L.A> is NOT the place for that ...

Fuck that dude..He's making 20 mill and needs to be baby fed...That's why he's done as a player in my view...shouldn't need to and no one is really going to put up with that anymore...Pau refuses to work in the low blocks...he doesn't know how...even a shooting guard can move him outta the post and push him to the 3 point line. They do it all the time...now he's settling for 3's in the half-court...he's not even trying to work mid-post any more unless it's for a jump shot at the elbows and he's even reluctant to take those...

after he got his two rings he checked out...just look at him he's only smiling these days when someone is kissing his ass...dude is a total cuck...When Phil punched him in the chest that was the end in my view...and for some odd reason Mitch has over played his hand in sticking with Pau...Pau played hard in the Olympics because that was basically his swan song..He was saying goodbye to basketball...he fooled everyone with that performance...Mitch was trying to wait and see how it would develop but he over played his hand....but ATL will still lose Josh for nothing so they might be inclined to make a trade...

I don't really want to trade Artest but something has to change...and if that means both he and Pau then I'd do it...the problem with Ron Ron is that even though he plays good man to man (non transition) defense he doesn't make his opponent work on the other end...when he gets the ball he's usually out of control and not thinking...and no one questions him they just let keep doing that shit..it's rather odd...

But if we don't do something NOW via trade we're not making the play-offs....I'd be inclined to keep Nash..but I'd trade the whole fucking farm to see Kobe get his 6th

Killakobe81
01-02-2013, 10:57 AM
Fuck that dude..He's making 20 mill and needs to be baby fed...That's why he's done as a player in my view...shouldn't need to and no one is really going to put up with that anymore...Pau refuses to work in the low blocks...he doesn't know how...even a shooting guard can move him outta the post and push him to the 3 point line. They do it all the time...now he's settling for 3's in the half-court...he's not even trying to work mid-post any more unless it's for a jump shot at the elbows and he's even reluctant to take those...

after he got his two rings he checked out...just look at him he's only smiling these days when someone is kissing his ass...dude is a total cuck...When Phil punched him in the chest that was the end in my view...and for some odd reason Mitch has over played his hand in sticking with Pau...Pau played hard in the Olympics because that was basically his swan song..He was saying goodbye to basketball...he fooled everyone with that performance...Mitch was trying to wait and see how it would develop but he over played his hand....but ATL will still lose Josh for nothing so they might be inclined to make a trade...

I don't really want to trade Artest but something has to change...and if that means both he and Pau then I'd do it...the problem with Ron Ron is that even though he plays good man to man (non transition) defense he doesn't make his opponent work on the other end...when he gets the ball he's usually out of control and not thinking...and no one questions him they just let keep doing that shit..it's rather odd...

But if we don't do something NOW via trade we're not making the play-offs....I'd be inclined to keep Nash..but I'd trade the whole fucking farm to see Kobe get his 6th

artest has his moments but unfortunately he can be used only for the Pierce and Melo types ...and even Melo is hard cover for him. he has played well overall and is in good shape but with THIS team we need a young Ariza, Tony allen, Sefolosha prime Bruce Bowen to cover for Nash and sometimes KObe. Kobe can stillplay good defense on the JOE Johnson and Wade types but asking toomuch for him to cover Westbrook, Holiday, Cp3 ...

Lakers need a long SF that can hit an occasional 3 like Ariza did for us in 2009 and Bowen did for the Spurs. Evenif Dwight gets back to 100% we cantbeat OKC or MIA with this team. And right now, beating even LAC and SAS looks doubtful ...

Killakobe81
01-02-2013, 10:58 AM
This would allow the Lakers to hide Nash on defense. We also need to get a young PF liek you said Josh smith would of been perfect ... even though his shooting sucks we can score ... we need defenders.

Koolaid_Man
01-02-2013, 11:03 AM
artest has his moments but unfortunately he can be used only for the Pierce and Melo types ...and even Melo is hard cover for him. he has played well overall and is in good shape but with THIS team we need a young Ariza, Tony allen, Sefolosha prime Bruce Bowen to cover for Nash and sometimes KObe. Kobe can stillplay good defense on the JOE Johnson and Wade types but asking toomuch for him to cover Westbrook, Holiday, Cp3 ...

Lakers need a long SF that can hit an occasional 3 like Ariza did for us in 2009 and Bowen did for the Spurs. Evenif Dwight gets back to 100% we cantbeat OKC or MIA with this team. And right now, beating even LAC and SAS looks doubtful ...

you know I never thought I'd live the day to say this but the Clippas gonna stomp a mud-hole in our asses next game....and I think they should...because I want Buss to see he HAS to make changes now...yes it looked good on paper in the off-season but we need to adjust now that we've had time to assess...we gotta find a way to build Pau up..they need to force plays into Pau and build him up and his trade value...we gotta find a way to unload this guy right now...and if ATL won't bite..then Toronto certainly will....

Koolaid_Man
01-02-2013, 11:08 AM
This would allow the Lakers to hide Nash on defense. We also need to get a young PF liek you said Josh smith would of been perfect ... even though his shooting sucks we can score ... we need defenders.

i agree...I just don't know how we get them at this point... I think tbh that Kenyon Martin is still a very capable defender if nothing else...he can defend multiple positions...and would come for about maybe 2 mill....if we can get Calderon without trading Pau for him and then moving Pau for another piece we'd be in good shape...we need a 3rd team to help us get both Calderon and Josh Smith

Sportcamper
01-02-2013, 11:14 AM
Chris Paul, Blake and Jordan are good enough to take the Clips to the playoffs. Add that stacked Clippers bench…They definitely are contenders…:wow

Mal
01-02-2013, 02:06 PM
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:8799066

Watch

Oh thank you. No I know they wont be. Stephen A. is a douche.

Killakobe81
01-02-2013, 02:41 PM
Don't see anyone beating LeBron Heat can do more to limit Paul and Blake than Clips to stop LeBron and to a lessor extent Wade.

Koolaid_Man
01-02-2013, 04:08 PM
Don't see anyone beating LeBron Heat can do more to limit Paul and Blake than Clips to stop LeBron and to a lessor extent Wade.

Clippass can neutralize Lebron. In a hypothetical they would dominate the Heat inside and they have the backcourt to compete...plus the bench....if Kobe falls short I'm rooting for anyone who can stop Lebron from a back to back.

Koolaid_Man
01-02-2013, 04:09 PM
Except the Spurs....I'd rather see Lebron get 2 before Timmy gets 5

Arcadian
01-02-2013, 05:23 PM
Ummm I went to physic and confirmed...

Psychic =/= Physic

Koolaid_Man
01-02-2013, 05:27 PM
Psychic =/= Physic

thanks I always have trouble with that word