PDA

View Full Version : Hats Off to Tony in December

BillMc
01-01-2013, 07:40 PM
21.1 ppg, on .551% shooting, (.450% from 3), .871% FT, and 7.4 assists pg against 2.3 TO pg. in December.

Lookin' Good TP.

Brunodf
01-01-2013, 07:45 PM
:worthy::worthy:

playblair
01-01-2013, 07:47 PM
when the playoffs start parker should pass the ball instead of taking that j from the ft line with under 1 minute left ........ it never works .....

TDMVPDPOY
01-01-2013, 08:48 PM
DAMN what a hero

Leetonidas
01-01-2013, 08:58 PM
cue TDMVPDPOY with his fkn wanker scrub talk

oh wait

ffadicted
01-01-2013, 09:00 PM
when the playoffs start parker should pass the ball instead of taking that j from the ft line with under 1 minute left ........ it never works .....

If the jumper isn't heavily contested I'll take it over any play other than an easy layup/dunk.
Parker is money on those now and has already won games with them

ElNono
01-01-2013, 09:09 PM
He needs to figure out Sefolosha, tbh...

freetiago
01-01-2013, 09:27 PM
Ginobili needs to figure out Barnes tbh
until then clippers will beat us when ginobili shits the bed after the starters do work

EVAY
01-01-2013, 10:05 PM

I honestly don't think that he can, do you? I mean, he would have already done it if he could...you know that about him. But he needs some help. I think that it is going to take our bigs really blocking for him to free him up. We have relied on his speed to free things up for other spurs, but against OKC it doesn't work because all of their team members are so quick they can negate his speed, and Sefalosha is their Bowen. He is long and athletic AND quick. We never adjusted last year in the WC after they put Sefalosha on him, but we should have.

In an earlier era for the spurs, our bigs essentially played the role of blocking tackle for our guards going to the basket. I remember that as bad as Nesterovich was in most respects, he was a decent blocking guard. There was another one but I can't call his name at the time. Bottom line, with Duncan moving away from the basket for his points, we are losing some offensive rebounds and the blocking ability for the guards. Perhaps Splitter can be trained to do that, I don't know, but really we have to do something different than we have been doing or we will go down again.

EVAY
01-01-2013, 10:07 PM
^^^^^Having said all that, give Tony the props he deserves for having had a great December. In order to have the semblance of a lack of bias, you have to give credit when credit is due, and the man had a terrific month.

ElNono
01-01-2013, 10:09 PM
If you think Tony has that competitive fire to overcome challenges as they present themselves, and seeing he's in the prime of his career, I see no reason why Tony couldn't raise his game and overcome adversity. If you think he doesn't have that kind of fire in him, then he probably won't.

Cry Havoc
01-01-2013, 10:47 PM
If you think Tony has that competitive fire to overcome challenges as they present themselves, and seeing he's in the prime of his career, I see no reason why Tony couldn't raise his game and overcome adversity. If you think he doesn't have that kind of fire in him, then he probably won't.

Finals MVP says he knows how to elevate his game. Parker is going to be phenomenal in these playoffs, probably the best Tony we'll ever see.

lefty
01-01-2013, 10:50 PM
Yup

Great numbers for a non-playoff month

DPG21920
01-01-2013, 10:52 PM
Finals MVP says he knows how to elevate his game. Parker is going to be phenomenal in these playoffs, probably the best Tony we'll ever see.

He didn't have to elevate his game in the sense the poster above is describing. This is about talent level. It's not a knock on TP who is an amazing player and top 3 PG. But he isn't so talented that he can just beat any game plan. You can take TP out of a series (like Phil used to do with TP and how OKC did last year) if your game plan is to stop him. That is what they mean I think.

Cry Havoc
01-01-2013, 11:56 PM
He didn't have to elevate his game in the sense the poster above is describing. This is about talent level. It's not a knock on TP who is an amazing player and top 3 PG. But he isn't so talented that he can just beat any game plan. You can take TP out of a series (like Phil used to do with TP and how OKC did last year) if your game plan is to stop him. That is what they mean I think.

Fair enough, but I think his game has rounded out enough to really make him almost impossible to stop. He's hitting long range and even 3s this year with accuracy.

ElNono
01-02-2013, 12:03 AM

Finals MVP means he knows how to elevate his game against the Booby Gibson of the league. Certainly not his fault that was the matchup. I hope he does have phenomenal playoffs, especially against Sefolosha. This Spurs team needs that to advance.

Brazil
01-02-2013, 12:11 AM
Elnono with the I refuse to give tp props schtick.

TJastal
01-02-2013, 12:35 AM
Elnono with the I refuse to give tp props schtick.

No schtickk necessary. I think Parker still needs to prove he can lead his team past adversity in the playoffs as the #1 option (which he pretty much is now). Shouldn't be that difficult, all he needs to do is keep doing what he's been doing all season long..

TDMVPDPOY
01-02-2013, 12:51 AM
the scrub who crumbles when teams adjust to him...

still gettin exposed as usual when they put someone bigger on him

dont really care what he scores, when the other guy scores the same amount...

Malik Hairston
01-02-2013, 12:54 AM
Tony is a point guard, which essentially disqualifies him from being the best player on a title team, tbh..

He needs to perform better in the playoffs(relative to the past few seasons), but Duncan needs to be the best player on the team if the Spurs are going to seriously compete for a title..

TDMVPDPOY
01-02-2013, 12:57 AM
Tony is a point guard, which essentially disqualifies him from being the best player on a title team, tbh..

He needs to perform better in the playoffs(relative to the past few seasons), but Duncan needs to be the best player on the team if the Spurs are going to seriously compete for a title..

the problem has never been duncan, its the other wankers on the team that stop feeding him the ball when he already got going, cant afford to give up possessions for other clowns to get going bricking houses, last 2 seasons in the playoffs is a good example when he got going in the first quarter only to become another player on the court for the rest of the games....i blame the heroes on the team

Bruno
01-02-2013, 01:09 AM
TP has been awesome this month and is having again a heck of a season.

Huge props to him. :tu

lefty
01-02-2013, 01:47 AM
Cant wait for the playoffs to start, this way those premature ejac TP appreciation threads will stop

therealtruth
01-02-2013, 02:26 AM
Finals MVP means he knows how to elevate his game against the Booby Gibson of the league. Certainly not his fault that was the matchup. I hope he does have phenomenal playoffs, especially against Sefolosha. This Spurs team needs that to advance.

That's the problem I have with him being #1. He hasn't shown he can adjust to any defense. It's tricky relying on TP to be the #1 if it won't work in the playoffs. That essentially accounts for why we've been disappointed in the playoffs the last 5-6 years. We've being playing a style of play in the regular season that won't work in the playoffs. However relying on TD has shown the ability to work in the regular season and playoffs.

Paranoid Pop
01-02-2013, 02:44 AM
That's the problem I have with him being #1. He hasn't shown he can adjust to any defense. It's tricky relying on TP to be the #1 if it won't work in the playoffs. That essentially accounts for why we've been disappointed in the playoffs the last 5-6 years. We've being playing a style of play in the regular season that won't work in the playoffs. However relying on TD has shown the ability to work in the regular season and playoffs.

If anything TP single-handedly made the spurs contenders again by both calling out the FO and elevating his level of play.

Besides not his fault our genius coach of the year allowed the Thunder to switch the D on TP by having Green next to him like he does this year once again...

No point guard can lead an average team to a title, but this year for the first time in his career TP might just be the best point guard in the nba with Rose out and Deron playing like shit... It comes down to CP3 and TP, not sure you can ask for much more... Give him a good-to-great frontline who can dominate defensively like this might be the case this year year and good things will happen. Sounds like another team led by a PG a few years ago...

That said I think we're at least one big away from having a legit shot and I very much doubt Splitter is the answer vs the Thunder, too slow to close out on Ibaka, tend to get blocked at the rim and so on... Let's trade SJax and/or some guards for a monkeyballer and I'd like our chances better.

100%duncan
01-02-2013, 06:18 AM

This.

DMC
01-02-2013, 07:46 AM
Parker is doing as much as he needs to. When teams focus on the smallest guy on the floor, the bigs need to step up and make them pay. It's one thing for Tony to beat the full court or the trap, but for him to have to be the leading scoring option is a bit too much to ask if you expect success in the post season. His points should come from keeping the defense honest, but often it comes from no other working scoring options.

timaios
01-02-2013, 08:15 AM

Game 6 : 29 pts 12-27 FG 12 ast 1 to 2 stl, yeah he can't play against Sefolosha.

In the last 3 playoffs games vs OKC, the Spurs scored 103, 103 & 99 points, that's enough to win those games. The problem is the defense !
And it's not just Sefolosha, OKC double team him everytime.

The Spurs lost that serie because OKC had Kevin Durant, 1 of the 2 best players in the world. Parker is a top 20 and some of you want him to play like he's a top 5. He's not. And he's a bargain at $12,500,000.

Finals MVP means he knows how to elevate his game against the Booby Gibson of the league.
Or against Lebron James, he defended Tony Parker a lot in 2007 finals. And Cleveland as a team, was the 4th best defense in the league in 2007.

But whatever. I think for some of you, it's more important to see the Spurs lose just to have the satisfaction to say it's Parker's fault.
That's just sad !

racm
01-02-2013, 09:00 AM
The defense giving up a lot of points because of the Spurs tactic of letting teams shoot from midrange. OKC happens to have a lot of guys who shoot well from there.

Which is why Leonard's ball thieving is key to beating the Thunder, because they still don't take care of the ball that well.

eric365
01-02-2013, 09:26 AM
You can take TP out of a series (like Phil used to do with TP and how OKC did last year) if your game plan is to stop him. That is what they mean I think.

This is already not that bad to have opposing game plan entirely focused on him.
The game plan to beat TP is to press him with a long, athletic defender and clog the lane with the bigs.

That means 3 defenders are already focused on taking him out and free our 3pts shooter and Manu with a lesser defender on him. If the 3pts shooter didn't failed in some series (Danny Green against OKC and Bonner to name a few) it would have been a lot better.

And with Leonard progress, a lineup with Leonard at the 4 (or SJax) can really help to punish a game plan focused on TP

EVAY
01-02-2013, 10:27 AM
This is already not that bad to have opposing game plan entirely focused on him.
The game plan to beat TP is to press him with a long, athletic defender and clog the lane with the bigs.

That means 3 defenders are already focused on taking him out and free our 3pts shooter and Manu with a lesser defender on him. If the 3pts shooter didn't failed in some series (Danny Green against OKC and Bonner to name a few) it would have been a lot better.

And with Leonard progress, a lineup with Leonard at the 4 (or SJax) can really help to punish a game plan focused on TP

I agree that if we put Manu in the starting lineup against OKC (which we should be able to do this year because they no longer have Harden in their second string) it would help take some of the defensive pressure off of Tony, since he won't be the only guy who can create off the dribble and/or pass.

ElNono
01-02-2013, 10:57 AM
Game 6 : 29 pts 12-27 FG 12 ast 1 to 2 stl, yeah he can't play against Sefolosha.

Single games don't tell me anything. It's a best of 7 series, if our #1 option only outlast Sefolosha in one game, then we're screwed. What's somewhat troubling is that in 2 games this season, not much has changed.

Or against Lebron James, he defended Tony Parker a lot in 2007 finals. And Cleveland as a team, was the 4th best defense in the league in 2007.

Lebron guarded a lot of people in 2007, and he also had to carry the entire team offense. Cleveland was certainly a one-man show and as such, a fairly flawed team. Obviously, Tony didn't pick the matchup so I won't hold it against him.
There's no such thing going on with Sefolosha.

But whatever. I think for some of you, it's more important to see the Spurs lose just to have the satisfaction to say it's Parker's fault.

I want the Spurs to win and give credit where credit is due. Fact is this is a star driven league and Tony is the star in his prime in this team, that's why it's crucial he overcomes his current limitations, since the Spurs have basically put all their chips on him.

timaios
01-02-2013, 11:29 AM
You're such biased, it's not funny anymore.

ElNono
01-02-2013, 11:48 AM
You're such biased, it's not funny anymore.

I think it is. Sorry to disapoint, tbh.

timaios
01-02-2013, 12:34 PM
Single games don't tell me anything. It's a best of 7 series, if our #1 option only outlast Sefolosha in one game, then we're screwed. What's somewhat troubling is that in 2 games this season, not much has changed.

Sefolosha didn't defend Parker in the 1st game.

In the 2nd game Parker had 14 points 4/11 FG 7 ast 1 to in 25 min. (means 20 pts & 10 ast in 36min... not that bad)
Manu didn't play that game and Parker and the entire team were dead tired, 5 games (4 away) in 8 days.

So whatever.

The truth is OKC is better, younger and more athletic. If OKC is 100% healthy in the playoffs, the Spurs won't be favored.

will_spurs
01-02-2013, 12:50 PM

Any player can be taken out of the game if focused on, then it falls on his teammates to step up and make the opponent pay. This didn't happen.

There's another schtick going on to say that Parker doesn't make his teammates better, yet when he is rendered ineffective everybody else sucks... the fact that the rest of the team can't adjust actually shows Parker makes all the other Spurs a lot more efficient. Sadly when the going gets tough, many role players disappear.

Right now Tony is healthy and playing the best ball of his career. He totally deserved his #5 ranking in the MVP race last year. Yet this means nothing is Old Duncan shows up instead of Rejuvenated Duncan, if Manu is injured, if Tiago doesn't get playing time, if Green and Bonner's balls shrink, etc. Even superstars need a surrounding cast, as you point out often enough when it comes to discrediting Parker's Finals MVP trophy by saying Lebron was running a one-man show.

therealtruth
01-02-2013, 01:03 PM

Lebron guarded a lot of people in 2007, and he also had to carry the entire team offense. Cleveland was certainly a one-man show and as such, a fairly flawed team. Obviously, Tony didn't pick the matchup so I won't hold it against him.
There's no such thing going on with Sefolosha.

I want the Spurs to win and give credit where credit is due. Fact is this is a star driven league and Tony is the star in his prime in this team, that's why it's crucial he overcomes his current limitations, since the Spurs have basically put all their chips on him.

It's not just that but if Sefalosha forces Parker to play like Kobe they've won also. Sefalosha is probably the closes thing to Bruce Bowen in that he's a guy the Thunder are happy to get offense from him but the only thing they really want from him is defense. So he can focus exclusively on shutting down Parker. Guys like Lebron teams have put on Parker in the past don't just play on side of the court. I am not sure the Spurs best option is attacking that matchup. When we had Bowen we would love it when the other team tried attacking that matchup because it usually decreased their effectiveness (Kobe for instance). Being able to initiate offense out of other guys and have TP play off the ball might be better at times.

ElNono
01-02-2013, 01:06 PM
While I don't necessarily disagree with the notion that once one guy is somewhat neutered, other players should make you pay, this case is particular in that it's a classic 'pick your poison' where the *not* picking Parker is the easy choice. What does OKC loses defensively when Sefolosha is switched to Parker and Westbook is assigned to Green? Nothing. Can Green make Westbrook 'pay'? Not really. Even if you throw a Manu with a hot hand out there for Green, they can switch KD to him and hide Westchuck on Khawi. So, IMO, there really isn't a pick your poison situation. And the most likely solution to it comes from Tony actually being unguardable. I think he can do it. I don't even know what does Sefolosha do that bothers him so much.

eric365
01-02-2013, 01:17 PM
I don't even know what does Sefolosha do that bothers him so much.

Long arm, quick and smart at the same time.
Like Ariza, Conley, Diaw (a long time and a ton of weight ago) and the other players that defended well Parker

Brazil
01-02-2013, 01:36 PM
No schtickk necessary. I think Parker still needs to prove he can lead his team past adversity in the playoffs as the #1 option (which he pretty much is now). Shouldn't be that difficult, all he needs to do is keep doing what he's been doing all season long..

once again your expectations are not at the right level dude... TP is no Tim Duncan or Lebron James or Dirk. As stated by Harlem or by myself various times in various threads, if we have a chance to get a fifth title it will be because Tim is again dominant. TP can do a lot, he is a great playoff performer and one of the best PG in the league but he is not a franchise player that can lead a team to a title through 4 series in a row. In 2007 he get a well deserved mvp finals but the best player in 2007 PO was Tim Duncan. Every new title hope starts with Tim and will end with him or with the franchise player being the whole team aka Pistons and that's not happening any time soon. Now if you are disappointed by $12.5M PG that lead his team to a WCF and has been part of 3 titles it is because you are a spoiled kid hater like Lefty.

I obviously would love TP leading the Spurs to a fifth title but I don't see that happening.

Still TP had a tremendous month of December and an amazing 2012 so props to him.

ElNono
01-02-2013, 01:40 PM
^ what's with the lefty hate? :lol when did that start?

Brazil
01-02-2013, 01:51 PM
^ what's with the lefty hate? :lol when did that start?

Lefty has always been a TP hater since forever... you know Algerians don't like a lot the French tbh

Brazil
01-02-2013, 02:01 PM
While I don't necessarily disagree with the notion that once one guy is somewhat neutered, other players should make you pay, this case is particular in that it's a classic 'pick your poison' where the *not* picking Parker is the easy choice. What does OKC loses defensively when Sefolosha is switched to Parker and Westbook is assigned to Green? Nothing. Can Green make Westbrook 'pay'? Not really. Even if you throw a Manu with a hot hand out there for Green, they can switch KD to him and hide Westchuck on Khawi. So, IMO, there really isn't a pick your poison situation. And the most likely solution to it comes from Tony actually being unguardable. I think he can do it. I don't even know what does Sefolosha do that bothers him so much.

Fact is OKC is one the team equipped to bother the Spurs the most. They have a big shot blocker that can shoot the mid range jumper, they have a PG that can defend PG and SG (and you are right Green is not equipped to make Westbrick pay), they have a SF with the size of a center and they had Harden the poison. Tony has not all the tools to be unguardable during a PO run, yes he should be able to deal with Sefo, for that he needs to have the lane open but OKC packed inside, in that case TP best option is to distribute the ball for external shooters and these guys need to make their shots to stand a chance. Other option is for TP to go in god mode which he can do one or two games, a half (see game 6 first half) but not during the course of a 7 games serie. Once again he is no Lebron James or Dirk. Look at the awesomeness the mavs needed from their star ! If the debate is to compare TP to this kind of guys we are in the wrong discussion.

ElNono
01-02-2013, 02:51 PM
Well, I don't really want TP to go Kobe as somebody else astutely pointed out. I don't even expect that from him. I guess I just don't have Sefolosha as the defensive force that should be able to routinely shut down MVP candidates. OKC is a great team. It was surprising to read last season before the WCF how underrated they were here. Probably due to the regular season fools gold record against them.

therealtruth
01-02-2013, 03:29 PM
That's why you attack the matchups. Sefalosha is really the Thunder's version of Bowen. Sefalosha's only job is to be a defensive stopper. I don't think that's the matchup you attack if you can avoid it. You can't keep playing the same style if the matchups don't favor it which I think Pop likes to do before he panics at the last minute.

EVAY
01-02-2013, 04:20 PM
Once again he is no Lebron James or Dirk. Look at the awesomeness the mavs needed from their star ! If the debate is to compare TP to this kind of guys we are in the wrong discussion.
This is what I don't think that E-N ever gets. Tim Duncan is one of the best players in the history of the sport. But not even the great TD, in his prime, could deliver by himself. And Tony is no TD, nor LeBron nor Dirk). Tony is a really good player with a lot of heart who put this team on his back for most of last season and into the playoffs. But he is not a superstar. He needs help against a terrific defender and he didn't get it in the WCF last year and he hasn't gotten it so far this year. Pop said that the team probably over-achieved last year and I agree with him. But Tony is why they got as far as they did with the record they had.

One of the reasons I disagree with Timvp's grades on TP fairly often is that the grades are supposedly based on a given player's potential. The standard is not a standard of super-star excellence. But unless Tony plays like a superstar, he gets marked down for it. Tony doesn't have the natural athleticism, the long limbs and/or the height to be as good as some of the best in history. But for his abilities, he has really delivered for this franchise.

It seems absurd to me to simultaneously acknowledge that he is not as talented as some of his opponents while criticizing him for not single-handedly delivering the trophy to this team.

ElNono
01-02-2013, 04:41 PM
^ I just said he needs to figure out Sefolosha. Not sure where I said he needs to be Lebron, Dirk or TD, tbh...

My alleged hate for Parker is overblown too, IMO

Brazil
01-02-2013, 05:08 PM
^ I just said he needs to figure out Sefolosha. Not sure where I said he needs to be Lebron, Dirk or TD, tbh...

My alleged hate for Parker is overblown too, IMO

and we just said it was not only Sefolosha but the whole defensive scheme of okc based on neutralizing TP. Nevertheless I'm not saying that TP couldn't have done a better job against Sefo or Conley, TP was Spurs best player he took a lot of the credit during the two first rounds it is normal he takes most of the blame against OKC. Now a lot of posters are taking TP for what he is not i.e a franchise type of player that can sustain a crazy PER during a whole PO.

ElNono
01-02-2013, 05:24 PM
I would disagree there's this massive scheming... I'm pretty sure their bigs are clogging the lane just as much when Westbrook guards him and the results are indeed different, so there's something in that matchup that's working real well for OKC. And sure, I agree with you that Tony has been vastly overrated in here many times. :lol

Brazil
01-02-2013, 05:30 PM
I would disagree there's this massive scheming... I'm pretty sure their bigs are clogging the lane just as much when Westbrook guards him and the results are indeed different, so there's something in that matchup that's working real well for OKC. And sure, I agree with you that Tony has been vastly overrated in here many times. :lol

:lol regarding expectations that's for sure

lefty
01-02-2013, 05:50 PM
Lefty has always been a TP hater since forever... you know Algerians don't like a lot the French tbh

its not true

We enjoy fucking your women TBH

Brunodf
01-02-2013, 06:06 PM
This is what I don't think that E-N ever gets. Tim Duncan is one of the best players in the history of the sport. But not even the great TD, in his prime, could deliver by himself. And Tony is no TD, nor LeBron nor Dirk). Tony is a really good player with a lot of heart who put this team on his back for most of last season and into the playoffs. But he is not a superstar. He needs help against a terrific defender and he didn't get it in the WCF last year and he hasn't gotten it so far this year. Pop said that the team probably over-achieved last year and I agree with him. But Tony is why they got as far as they did with the record they had.

1999/2003

will_spurs
01-02-2013, 06:13 PM

Probably because it happens so rarely.

Coming back to TP and OKC, I don't think the issue starts and ends with Sefolosha. Every player has its kryptonite and in Parker's case part of it is being defended by a player like Sefolosha, the other part is having trouble getting in the paint and being blocked. This is where the attitude of the Spurs big men at the beginning of a game can have consequences. If Parker is blocked/manhandled during his first few trips into the paint, he will typically be less and less aggressive, faling back to his jumpshot which, while still being good, is not the same type of money shot his teardrop is. It's important to remember that last year Ibaka could have lifted Parker off the floor and broken his back on his knee and still have been on the good side of an offensive foul.

All in all people remember that Conley or Sefolosha were problematic for Parker (even worse and more efficient I think was Phil Jackson's strategy of having the whole defense collapse on Parker when he was going into the paint) but Parker actually played well enough to overcome that in at least a couple of games. If other players had deigned showing up OKC wouldn't have won 4 straight. Game 6 is Exhibit A.

will_spurs
01-02-2013, 06:15 PM
1999/2003

Oh yeah, it's not like he had another HOFer playing alongside him, as well as a miracle in 99.

Brunodf
01-02-2013, 06:18 PM
Oh yeah, it's not like he had another HOFer playing alongside him, as well as a miracle in 99.

Yeah, his 11.7 points/8.3 rebs in the playoffs of 1999/2003 for sure carried Timmy to 2 rings.

lefty
01-02-2013, 06:21 PM
Probably because it happens so rarely.

Naive people :lol

ElNono
01-02-2013, 06:22 PM
If Parker is blocked/manhandled during his first few trips into the paint, he will typically be less and less aggressive, faling back to his jumpshot which, while still being good, is not the same type of money shot his teardrop is.

Careful now, last time I posted something like that I was labeled a hater :dramaquee

will_spurs
01-02-2013, 06:22 PM
Yeah, his average of 11.7 points/8.3 rebs in the playoffs of 1999/2003 for sure carried Timmy to 2 rings.

Your retort would have been more stinging if you could name any other Spurs big who played alongside Tim and averaged better than D-Rob in the playoffs. Any.

will_spurs
01-02-2013, 06:24 PM
Careful now, last time I posted something like that I was labeled a hater :dramaquee

But you are a hater! :lol

ElNono
01-02-2013, 06:28 PM

Lies! :lol

Brunodf
01-02-2013, 06:29 PM
Your retort would have been more stinging if you could name any other Spurs big who played alongside Tim and averaged better than D-Rob in the playoffs. Any.

:wtf:wtf:wtfI am not the one who is arguing that DRob carried TD.

timvp
01-02-2013, 06:45 PM
1999/2003

2003 is arguable.

1999 isn't. Hell, Robinson had a higher PER than Duncan in 1999, better plus/minus stats and was undoubtedly the better defender. Robinson might not have been in his prime but he was still a top ten player in the league.

romain.star
01-02-2013, 06:54 PM
its not true

I wish I could say the same with yours

Brazil
01-02-2013, 07:21 PM
its not true

yeah sure French women like some Algerian dudes :lmao...

Brazil
01-02-2013, 07:22 PM

Nono is not a hater he is a Manu lover

lefty
01-02-2013, 08:01 PM
yeah sure French women like some Algerian dudes :lmao...

More than you ugly white frenchy pasty boys who are afraid to talk to them :lmao

We take charge like real men are supposed to

Kidd K
01-02-2013, 08:13 PM
Parker's been great. I'm especially pleased with his increased FT%. I doubt he can continue to manage 87%, but if it's comfortably in the 80's. . .I'm perfectly happy with that. 55% from the field is nothing to sneeze at either. Having added a little bit to his range this year is going to help in the playoffs when teams pack the paint more.

Get off his ass about the playoffs too. You can't expect your PG, and guy everyone was considering the 3rd best player on the team for nearly a decade, to carry you. We lost to the Thunder because of shitty officiating, Ibaka being on fire that one game, or bench underperforming, and Manu shitting the bed every game at OKC. Parker had a couple off games, but his overall numbers were good even in just that series.

Parker played his role fine, he just didn't play way above it. It wasn't like against the Grizzlies where he just sucked. He was fine last year all playoffs. He actually played better than his career averages in the playoffs last year in almost every category. I'm content with Parker's production this year and last. No complaints here.

Brazil
01-02-2013, 08:15 PM
More than you ugly white frenchy pasty boys who are afraid to talk to them :lmao

We take charge like real men are supposed to

:lmao first time in my life somebody is explaining to me that algerians are some kind of latin lovers driving crazy women :lmao

lefty
01-02-2013, 08:18 PM
:lmao first time in my life somebody is explaining to me that algerians are some kind of latin lovers driving crazy women :lmao
Because we walk the walk

You guys talk the talk, and that's it :lmao

Big mouths claiming they know how to seduce women and say they invented the french kiss :lmao, yet they freeze when they see a hot women :lmao

Brazil
01-02-2013, 08:37 PM
Because we walk the walk

You guys talk the talk, and that's it :lmao

Big mouths claiming they know how to seduce women and say they invented the french kiss :lmao, yet they freeze when they see a hot women :lmao

:lol aAlgerians
:lol terrorist Latin lovers
:lol offering cows and camels as wedding present

cd021
01-02-2013, 08:41 PM
I honestly don't think that he can, do you? I mean, he would have already done it if he could...you know that about him. But he needs some help. I think that it is going to take our bigs really blocking for him to free him up. We have relied on his speed to free things up for other spurs, but against OKC it doesn't work because all of their team members are so quick they can negate his speed, and Sefalosha is their Bowen. He is long and athletic AND quick. We never adjusted last year in the WC after they put Sefalosha on him, but we should have.

In an earlier era for the spurs, our bigs essentially played the role of blocking tackle for our guards going to the basket. I remember that as bad as Nesterovich was in most respects, he was a decent blocking guard. There was another one but I can't call his name at the time. Bottom line, with Duncan moving away from the basket for his points, we are losing some offensive rebounds and the blocking ability for the guards. Perhaps Splitter can be trained to do that, I don't know, but really we have to do something different than we have been doing or we will go down again.

If green continues to shoot the way he has recently they can't just put Westbrook on him like they did when Greens shot went south in the WCF. Westbrook is a good defender but can't check Parker.

lefty
01-02-2013, 10:12 PM
:lol aAlgerians
:lol terrorist Latin lovers
:lol offering cows and camels as wedding present
ok thats funny :lol

will_spurs
01-03-2013, 01:36 AM
:wtf:wtf:wtfI am not the one who is arguing that DRob carried TD.

You have a real reading comprehension problem.

You claimed Tim delivered a championship alone in both 99 and 03 and simply can't back it up. EVAY was right, even Tim never managed to win alone.

racm
01-03-2013, 01:47 AM
Duncan and Robinson were 1a and 1b in 1999. 2003 it was TD, no contest.

Pauleta14
01-03-2013, 06:37 AM
"With Tony Parker, his season has been spectacular from many angles. I’m not sure which is the best way to view it. His shooting percentages jump off the page (51.7% from the field, 40.5% on three-pointers, 82.6% at the line). His PER over his last 21 games is a sterling 25.7. But perhaps my favorite number of all: nobody in NBA history has scored at Parker’s per-minute rate of points and handed out his per-minute rate of assists while turning the ball over as infrequently has he has. Nobody. Ever."

timvp.

Brazil
01-03-2013, 10:41 AM
We are never ever getting back together

lefty
01-03-2013, 11:06 AM
PERs are overrated