PDA

View Full Version : Good Sjax Read.

Canibspur
01-02-2013, 02:12 AM
http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2013/01/02/spurs-jackson-returns-to-land-of-discontent/

Glad Hes in the Silver & Black.

Uriel
01-02-2013, 07:32 AM
It's rare that I give a :tu to Express-News feature articles, but this one definitely deserves it.

DMC
01-02-2013, 07:42 AM
:cry

Pure class

Ice009
01-02-2013, 07:58 AM
Great article. It was really awesome when we got Jack back last season. I loved the trade to get him back.

Did you guys read the bit at the end where the writer says that Jack is still hoping for an extension? I'm not actually liking that because an extension means he wants Tim Duncan money doesn't it? You can't lower the salary in an extension can you?

I love Jack, but shit man, no way you are worth the same or more than what we a paying Tim Duncan. If he wants to stay with the Spurs then he's going to have to take a pay cut as there is no way the Spurs are going to extend him at 10 million plus per season.

Mel_13
01-02-2013, 10:26 AM
Great article. It was really awesome when we got Jack back last season. I loved the trade to get him back.

Did you guys read the bit at the end where the writer says that Jack is still hoping for an extension? I'm not actually liking that because an extension means he wants Tim Duncan money doesn't it? You can't lower the salary in an extension can you?

I love Jack, but shit man, no way you are worth the same or more than what we a paying Tim Duncan. If he wants to stay with the Spurs then he's going to have to take a pay cut as there is no way the Spurs are going to extend him at 10 million plus per season.

You can. The extensions signed by Duncan in 2007 and Parker in 2010 were both for lower salaries.

The best deal that Jack can hope for is something like two years at the MLE level. I doubt that the Spurs would be willing to go that high. More likely 2 years for a total around 7 million dollars. He's just too old and has burned too many bridges to get much more. Little to no leverage.

Ice009
01-02-2013, 10:48 AM
You can. The extensions signed by Duncan in 2007 and Parker in 2010 were both for lower salaries.

The best deal that Jack can hope for is something like two years at the MLE level. I doubt that the Spurs would be willing to go that high. More likely 2 years for a total around 7 million dollars. He's just too old and has burned too many bridges to get much more. Little to no leverage.

I thought with extensions that they have to start at whatever their current salary is and go from there. So the Spurs can offer him any amount of money then? If that is the case, then I wonder if the Spurs would consider doing one, and how much would they want to pay him?

Anyway, if he really wants one, then he will have to start playing better to give the Spurs an incentive to offer one. It's really in his best interest to play as well as he can for both the team and himself.

Mel_13
01-02-2013, 11:18 AM
I thought with extensions that they have to start at whatever their current salary is and go from there. So the Spurs can offer him any amount of money then? If that is the case, then I wonder if the Spurs would consider doing one, and how much would they want to pay him?

Anyway, if he really wants one, then he will have to start playing better to give the Spurs an incentive to offer one. It's really in his best interest to play as well as he can for both the team and himself.

The salary in the first year of a veteran extension may be any amount up to 107.5% of the player's previous salary, but no more than the player's maximum salary in that season.

http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q58

I can't see the Spurs extending Jackson during the season unless he is willing to take a very team friendly deal. He has very little leverage to get anything else.

JRHernandez88
01-02-2013, 12:25 PM
I remember that game when he was making everything they were talking about. RJ was a biatch.