PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: So have we been Mitchslapped yet?

Riddler
01-02-2013, 09:12 AM
http://www.laughlocker.com/assets/0/1/mitchslapped-they-will-pay-for-their-basketball-reasons_1344636230.jpg

Koolaid_Man
01-02-2013, 10:26 AM
feel free...we're not making the play-offs...(unless we panic and overhaul mid stream) this will go down as the worst times in LA history....if we don't trade Gasol and Artest mainly then we're toast...

weebo
01-02-2013, 10:37 AM
feel free...we're not making the play-offs...(unless we panic and overhaul mid stream) this will go down as the worst times in LA history....if we don't trade Gasol and Artest mainly then we're toast...

What would the Lakers get for Gasol and Artest??

Koolaid_Man
01-02-2013, 10:49 AM
What would the Lakers get for Gasol and Artest??

I really don't know at this point...I need to think about it based on what's available and what what team we could fuck in the process...so not sure right now...

would you swap both of them straight up for Duncan? Might improve your team...

BlackSwordsMan
01-02-2013, 10:55 AM

Kobe's 28 PPG don't mean shit huh.

weebo
01-02-2013, 10:56 AM
I really don't know at this point...I need to think about it based on what's available and what what team we could fuck in the process...so not sure right now...

would you swap both of them straight up for Duncan? Might improve your team...

There is no way that would happen. Duncan even at his age is still the reason the Spurs play well. Besides, it just wouldn't be right to trade away an all time great, especially one from a small market team like SA (small market teams don't usually get to keep them) for a couple of good pieces.

Koolaid_Man
01-02-2013, 10:56 AM
Kobe's 28 PPG don't mean shit huh.

not at this time

Sportcamper
01-02-2013, 11:06 AM
If you can’t get Gasol and Howard involved in the offense you have a lousy game plan and are badly coached. Next to Kobe, Artest has been the best player for the Lakers this past month. But still, why is he allowed to jack up 3’s…Mitch should have stuck with Bernie Bickerstaff as head coach.

Koolaid_Man
01-02-2013, 11:15 AM
If you can’t get Gasol and Howard involved in the offense you have a lousy game plan and are badly coached. Next to Kobe, Artest has been the best player for the Lakers this past month. But still, why is he allowed to jack up 3’s…Mitch should have stuck with Bernie Bickerstaff as head coach.

I like Artest but he's out of control right now...I agree with you 100% on Bickerstaff...he actually knew what he was doing...and if at anytime Artest is our 2nd best player that means were not winning :lol

Koolaid_Man
01-02-2013, 11:17 AM
There is no way that would happen. Duncan even at his age is still the reason the Spurs play well. Besides, it just wouldn't be right to trade away an all time great, especially one from a small market team like SA (small market teams don't usually get to keep them) for a couple of good pieces.

it would be a nice haul for you guys..Artest and Gasol....I would like to see Duncan and Kobe play together at this stage...Do It Mitch!!!

Kobe
Dwight
Duncan
Nash

:lol

Cry Havoc
01-02-2013, 11:40 AM

Who's going to want Ron Ron's $14 mil in remaining salary? :lol

Koolaid_Man
01-02-2013, 12:02 PM

ok..go ahead Spur fan...my team won't make the play-offs so you guys won't get any fight back from me when you attempt to fuck me..I'm ready... I got the jar of Vaseline to help ease the pain..however I wont be involved in any dick sucking you can't have your cake and eat it too...:lol

midnightpulp
01-02-2013, 12:13 PM
ok..go ahead Spur fan...my team won't make the play-offs so you guys won't get any fight back from me when you attempt to fuck me..I'm ready... I got the jar of Vaseline to help ease the pain..however I wont be involved in any dick sucking you can't have your cake and eat it too...:lol

Giving up so early?

Don't worry. The bullshit trade is coming. You know it. I know it. And Spurstalk knows it.

Koolaid_Man
01-02-2013, 12:18 PM
Giving up so early?

Don't worry. The bullshit trade is coming. You know it. I know it. And Spurstalk knows it.

won't happen, can't happen..there are no bullshit trades in the pipeline

Bynumite
01-02-2013, 12:37 PM
Dwight can call himself superman or whatever he wants but he is nowhere near Bynum on the offensive end, let alone Shaq and even though gnsf likes to say otherwise in their attempts to bash Kobe, Gasol is on the decline fast. Sure, shooting outside jumpers and 3 pointers doesn't help his FG % but nowadays any decent big man can easily bully gasol. Then, we have MWP, still can't understand why he gets so many touches and why the Lakers run so many iso's for him, 17 FGA last night, seriously? Nash is a huge defensive liability and has a tendency to over-dribble, the result, shot clock issues and many Kobe bailout attempts.

This team is too old and slow for D'Antoni's system and after the potato head debacle, they needed the safest bet available and that was Phil not another experiment.

Mel_13
01-02-2013, 12:42 PM
130 million dollars just doesn't buy the sort of team you'd expect.

Koolaid_Man
01-02-2013, 12:53 PM
Dwight can call himself superman or whatever he wants but he is nowhere near Bynum on the offensive end, let alone Shaq and even though gnsf likes to say otherwise in their attempts to bash Kobe, Gasol is on the decline fast. Sure, shooting outside jumpers and 3 pointers doesn't help his FG % but nowadays any decent big man can easily bully gasol. Then, we have MWP, still can't understand why he gets so many touches and why the Lakers run so many iso's for him, 17 FGA last night, seriously? Nash is a huge defensive liability and has a tendency to over-dribble, the result, shot clock issues and many Kobe bailout attempts.

This team is too old and slow for D'Antoni's system and after the potato head debacle, they needed the safest bet available and that was Phil not another experiment.

agree...I never really watched Dwight play outside of us beating him in the finals...I thought he was better than this..I know some of it was conditioning...but I also think he's out there playing not to get hurt in a contract year...and I thought Hakeem would have helped his game...One thing about Kobe that people don't realize is that if you show a willingness to bully niggas he'll give up the rock..but Dwight hasn't shown that...one thing not talked about his that I'm noticing he's not doing a very good job of getting and maintaining position in the post...Jordan Hill is much more effective than Dwight...however, it plus Pau is waffling around the perimeter not providing any defensive presence. Big men aren't the ones bullying Gasol it's the 1 and 2 guards bullying him now...everyone is clowning him..the 3,4, and 5 positions don't even bother guarding him now :lol...

We just don't have an identity...I think they should have left Bickerstaff if they weren't gonna bring Phil back. If nothing else Phil would have brought respect and vision...Phil was really good and learning his personnel and making pure basketball decisions based on it...like that time in the 04 finals when Kobe told Phil that he should let him guard Gary Payton's man because Payton was scared...:lol Phil assessed the situation and gave Kobe spot minutes on Gary's man...

Kobe has always been the bail-out option due to the PG clock mis-mangement...but the typical / average fan won't ever notice shit like that...all they see is the chucking...

Spurs9
01-02-2013, 12:53 PM
The nets tbh

irishock
01-02-2013, 02:02 PM
The Student has become the Teacher :lol

Mal
01-02-2013, 02:05 PM
The nets tbh

Wut ? Why ? They have similar player without mental issues in Gerald Wallace.

Gasol is tradeable but Lakers wont get too much for him and I suppose they want guy like Love or Smith.

Artest is untradeable, even for 2nd rounder.

Trainwreck2100
01-02-2013, 02:32 PM
won't happen, can't happen..there are no bullshit trades in the pipeline

Maybe Amar'e? You know D'Antoni wants him and in for a penny in for a pound.

DPG21920
01-02-2013, 02:39 PM
There is no way outside of an injury to Kobe that this Laker team does not make the playoffs. None. If for some reason that were to happen, Kobe would never be able to even be discussed in top 15 conversations again. No one in the history of the league that was worth anything would miss the playoffs with a roster this stacked with talent - chemistry issues or not.

Koolaid_Man
01-02-2013, 03:57 PM
There is no way outside of an injury to Kobe that this Laker team does not make the playoffs. None. If for some reason that were to happen, Kobe would never be able to even be discussed in top 15 conversations again. No one in the history of the league that was worth anything would miss the playoffs with a roster this stacked with talent - chemistry issues or not.

Spur fan with the fanatic tea party style goods..

So if he wins the chip this year where does that put him...2nd all time or even tied for 1st.

And if all that pressure is solely on him shouldn't he be allowed to call the shots without Spur fan criticizing.

DPG21920
01-02-2013, 04:23 PM
Spur fan with the fanatic tea party style goods..

So if he wins the chip this year where does that put him...2nd all time or even tied for 1st.

And if all that pressure is solely on him shouldn't he be allowed to call the shots without Spur fan criticizing.

When you are given one of the most stacked teams in NBA history and are considered a top 15 player, you are expected to win. You don't get bonus points for winning with amazing talent surrounding you, but you do get dinged if you under achieve. Not making the playoffs is beyond underachieving and would knock him out of any top 15 consideration. Even a decrepit old Duncan made the playoffs over the past couple years without nearly the talent Kobe has around him.

Koolaid_Man
01-02-2013, 05:23 PM
When you are given one of the most stacked teams in NBA history and are considered a top 15 player, you are expected to win. You don't get bonus points for winning with amazing talent surrounding you, but you do get dinged if you under achieve. Not making the playoffs is beyond underachieving and would knock him out of any top 15 consideration. Even a decrepit old Duncan made the playoffs over the past couple years without nearly the talent Kobe has around him.

Stacked in what way...Pau is not a HOF'er plus he's pretty much washed up...Nash is HOF'er but he's 40, and Dwight recovering from back surgery...How is that the most stacked in NBA history...your mom ever accuse you of over exaggerating? :lol

There's only one legit ALL-STAR on this Laker team this year and it's Kobe....I dare you to prove that statement wrong :lol

Koolaid_Man
01-02-2013, 05:25 PM
and furthermore...if making the play-offs is "the criteria" then answer me this...Can Kobe get some credit for winning 5 of 7 finals...Can he credit just for making it to the 2 finals that he didn't win...Should those be counted toward his greatness...:lol

01-02-2013, 05:55 PM
i can see the lakers ending up with a amare for pau swap. i remember reading an article about how no one wants to touch amare's contract because it's not insured. the knicks would take anything right now. the lakers have unlimited money, they can take the risk.

DPG21920
01-02-2013, 05:58 PM
Stacked in what way...Pau is not a HOF'er plus he's pretty much washed up...Nash is HOF'er but he's 40, and Dwight recovering from back surgery...How is that the most stacked in NBA history...your mom ever accuse you of over exaggerating? :lol

There's only one legit ALL-STAR on this Laker team this year and it's Kobe....I dare you to prove that statement wrong :lol

and furthermore...if making the play-offs is "the criteria" then answer me this...Can Kobe get some credit for winning 5 of 7 finals...Can he credit just for making it to the 2 finals that he didn't win...Should those be counted toward his greatness...:lol

No matter how you try to spin it, Kobe is a massive failure if he can't even lead this team to the playoffs. There would not be another team in history showered with the talent of this Laker team/combined accolades not to make the playoffs. The reason Kobe is even discussed in top 15 is because of the things you mentioned. He already gets credit for it. But this will expose him (which won't happen by the way) just as missing the playoffs in his prime when healthy did.

irishock
01-02-2013, 06:09 PM
After Nash's gone tbh
http://worldofwonder.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/linsanity.jpg

Koolaid_Man
01-02-2013, 06:25 PM
No matter how you try to spin it, Kobe is a massive failure if he can't even lead this team to the playoffs. There would not be another team in history showered with the talent of this Laker team/combined accolades not to make the playoffs. The reason Kobe is even discussed in top 15 is because of the things you mentioned. He already gets credit for it. But this will expose him (which won't happen by the way) just as missing the playoffs in his prime when healthy did.

all around poor response to my argument

DPG21920
01-02-2013, 06:26 PM
You didn't have an argument.