PDA

View Full Version : Can we get Antonio Daniels back?

DarrinS
06-30-2005, 11:53 AM
I was really impressed with the way he played in the playoffs. Any chance we could get him back?

ChumpDumper
06-30-2005, 11:55 AM
No.

sa_butta
06-30-2005, 11:56 AM
I would not want him back I think we are full of guards right now exept maybe a solid back up PG. But not AD.

spursfaninla
ad has really improved. How did he get away, did we just let him sign elsewhere ? Well, you can't keep every player you ever had on your roster....

spur219
Nope.

ChumpDumper
06-30-2005, 11:57 AM
We traded him for Kerr and won our 2nd championship.

Are you guys new?

SWC Bonfire
06-30-2005, 11:58 AM
1. He played great,
2. We don't need him.
3. He could get a much better payday elsewhere due to his performance.

AD had his day in the sun with the spurs. Not to say I don't like him, and he still is a San Antonian, but we probably won't need him.

DarrinS
06-30-2005, 11:59 AM
Well, we need a backup point guard. We could also use a BEEFIER point guard.

Look at Antonio's status against the Spurs in the playoffs

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3175/

Marcus Bryant
06-30-2005, 12:09 PM
He'd be great off the bench, but with Barry and Devin Brown there's no room at the inn...

ChumpDumper
06-30-2005, 12:29 PM
Guys, all indications are he's going to start for Cleveland for well above the midlevel.

What is so attractive for him about backing up Tony for 15mpg for less than half the money he could make elsewhere at this point?

picnroll
06-30-2005, 12:31 PM
I'd take a less expensive Raja Bell. Not as good a playmaker as Daniels but adequate with Barry or Manu on the floor and a hellacious defender. Wonder how much he'll go for.

Cant_Be_Faded
06-30-2005, 12:36 PM
Daniels is getting kinda old, one thing i remember was his athleticism made him worth playing...and that will fade soon

SenorSpur
06-30-2005, 12:38 PM
I'd take a less expensive Raja Bell. Not as good a playmaker as Daniels but adequate with Barry or Manu on the floor and a hellacious defender. Wonder how much he'll go for.

I'm with you Picnroll. I think acquiring Raja Bell would be ideal. Though he could improve more on offense, his offensive game has come a long way from his first tenure with the Spurs. Defensively, he's a demon and a fierce competitor. As an intangible, he grew up in the V.I. with Tim - so they know each other.

I believe he's restricted FA. Because of where he is in his career and from listening to his guest commentary for ESPN radio during the finals, he'll likely seek the biggest payday.

Extra Stout
06-30-2005, 12:43 PM
We traded him for Kerr and won our 2nd championship.

Are you guys new?The bearings on the bandwagon are starting to squeal.

nkdlunch
06-30-2005, 12:44 PM
How about no.

SWC Bonfire
06-30-2005, 12:45 PM
The bearings on the bandwagon are starting to squeal.
:lol

They could probably use AD down at the Jewish Pickup Basketball League. :lol

bigbendbruisebrother
06-30-2005, 01:09 PM
How did he get away

He was disrespectful to David Robinson in the locker room. I don't remember the specifics. He was also involved in a fight after a pickup game.

This team takes the chemistry/attitude/character thing seriously. AD just didn't mesh well with the post-99 team (cough, jesus freaks).

I think he'd get get along better with this group, and he's definitely a hell of a ball player.

No way Pop takes him back, though.

JUUOT
06-30-2005, 01:28 PM
i understand your frustration chump but everybody do not know all the stories of the last 6 years. i start really getting into it arriving in canada 2 years ago. before i was just looking at the results. and you can not ask everybody to look back and learn everything that happened
sorry if for this reason you consider me bandwagoning...

ChumpDumper
06-30-2005, 01:33 PM
I didn't indict, I merely asked. It wasn't that long ago.

CosmicCowboy
06-30-2005, 02:08 PM
He was disrespectful to David Robinson in the locker room. I don't remember the specifics. He was also involved in a fight after a pickup game.

This team takes the chemistry/attitude/character thing seriously. AD just didn't mesh well with the post-99 team (cough, jesus freaks).

I think he'd get get along better with this group, and he's definitely a hell of a ball player.

No way Pop takes him back, though.

Spurs could have lived with all that. That wasn't the reason he left. Spurs had evaluated him and his future in the league and felt that he needed to move to point guard from 2 guard. There were just too many 2 guards in the league that were better than he was and they thought that with his skill set he could make more impact as a long point guard and create matchup problems for opposing teams. Antonio didn't agree with the Spurs evaluation and didn't want to move to point guard. Spurs stuck to wanting him to change. Antonio started to look around. Trader Bob in Portland promised him that he would be their starting 2 guard. Spurs arranged the trade to accomodate him. Trader Bob lied. Antonio spent a lot of time on the bench in dysfunctional Portland. Antonio got traded. Antonio finally realized in Seattle that the Spurs were right...Ray Allen > Antonio Daniels...Antonio finally accepted and embraced playing point guard. Antonios career started to take off after that and he now is a valuable commodity in the league...Spurs were right. end of story.

texasqb2
06-30-2005, 03:33 PM
He'd be great off the bench, but with Barry and Devin Brown there's no room at the inn...

Devin Brown will not be back unless for the minimum

Marcus Bryant
06-30-2005, 03:35 PM
Devin Brown will not be back unless for the minimum

The Spurs have his Early Bird rights...

midgetonadonkey
06-30-2005, 03:38 PM
Why are people wanting to bring back players that used to be Spurs? First Malik, now Daniels. Next thing you know there is gonna be a "Bring back Del Negro" thread.

pooh
06-30-2005, 03:38 PM
I guess some old school fans miss Antonio's JIM'S ads and his short-lived radio show.

Horry For 3!
06-30-2005, 03:42 PM
Fuck no, I don't want Antonio Daniels.