PDA

View Full Version : House Ignores Storm Relief, to Fury of Local Republicans

ElNono
01-02-2013, 04:01 PM
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/03/nyregion/congressional-members-blast-house-for-ignoring-storm-aid-bill.html?hp

George Gervin's Afro
01-02-2013, 04:22 PM
In fairness to Boner without the Senate being able to vote on the bill it was useless to have the vote to begin with...

DMC
01-02-2013, 04:31 PM
It should be to the fury of the POTUS, who stood there and made promises that no political red tape would get in the way of relief. Ah but that was before the erection... err.. yeah

EVAY
01-02-2013, 04:31 PM
In fairness to Boner without the Senate being able to vote on the bill it was useless to have the vote to begin with...

Except that the Senate had already voted on the bill and sent it to the House. The Senate had already approved it.

fraga
01-02-2013, 04:34 PM
xSI7aZjqeHY

Wild Cobra
01-02-2013, 04:35 PM
This long after the storm, what can federal funds do?

George Gervin's Afro
01-02-2013, 04:35 PM
Except that the Senate had already voted on the bill and sent it to the House. The Senate had already approved it.

Per Issa that is why Boner didn't bring the bill up... or maybe he was referring to the House wanting to lower to 20 billion and they could not do that without the Senate being in session to vote.. this is what I get for relying on Fox News..!

ChumpDumper
01-02-2013, 04:40 PM
This long after the storm, what can federal funds do?Are you joking?

EVAY
01-02-2013, 04:42 PM
Per Issa that is why Boner didn't bring the bill up... or maybe he was referring to the House wanting to lower to 20 billion and they could not do that without the Senate being in session to vote.. this is what I get for relying on Fox News..!

Yeah, my understanding is that Boehner thought that the Senate version had too much money for storm relief in it and so wanted to amend it and send it back. Still, the republican senate house members from the region wanted an up or down vote on the Senate version and had been promised that it would happen. I think that Boehner is really not making many friends right now.

Wild Cobra
01-02-2013, 04:44 PM
Are you joking?
No.

Red cross and other disaster agencies have been doing their jobs. Homeowners and business owners have insurance, unless they were idiots. Two months later, what is left to do that is urgent?

ChumpDumper
01-02-2013, 04:45 PM
No.

Red cross and other disaster agencies have been doing their jobs. Homeowners have insurance, unless they were idiots. Two months later, what is left to do that is urgent?So you moved the goalposts with a new qualifier you didn't use before.

And yeah, there is plenty left to do.

Wild Cobra
01-02-2013, 04:47 PM
So you moved the goalposts with a new qualifier you didn't use before.

And yeah, there is plenty left to do.
Yet you haven't mentioned any.

ElNono
01-02-2013, 04:50 PM

Senate already passed it, IIRC

EDIT: EVAY beat me to it

ElNono
01-02-2013, 04:53 PM
It should be to the fury of the POTUS, who stood there and made promises that no political red tape would get in the way of relief. Ah but that was before the erection... err.. yeah

I'm sure the POTUS speaks for the executive...

boutons_deux
01-02-2013, 04:53 PM

just go to show, for millionth time, that POTUS isn't divine-right king or absolute dictator. But give him all the blame anyway. It's what right-wingers due exclusively to Dem presidents.

ChumpDumper
01-02-2013, 04:54 PM
Yet you haven't mentioned any.http://ww4.hdnux.com/photos/17/12/34/3974955/3/628x471.jpg
It's Miller Time

DMC
01-02-2013, 04:54 PM
President Obama on Tuesday said he instructed federal agencies to “cut through the bureaucracy” to speed relief to victims of Hurricane Sandy.
“My message to the federal government: no bureaucracy, no red tape,” Obama said. “There’s no excuse for inaction at this point. I want every agency to lean forward and to make sure that we are getting the resources where they’re needed as quickly as possible.”
Obama, speaking at a Red Cross office in Washington, said most recovery efforts will be coordinated by local responders. But Obama said he’s also looking for ways the federal government can bring in nontraditional resources. He said the military may have some equipment that can speed up pumping of floodwaters out of New York City’s subways, for example.
Obama also promised community leaders he will intervene to remove any logjams holding up federal assistance.

“I told the mayors and the governors if they’re getting no for an answer somewhere in the federal government, they can call me personally at the White House,” Obama said.

ring ring motherfucker

http://www.federaltimes.com/article/20121030/DEPARTMENTS03/310300003/Obama-promises-speed-federal-help-hurricane-victims

(http://www.federaltimes.com/article/20121030/DEPARTMENTS03/310300003/Obama-promises-speed-federal-help-hurricane-victims)

Wild Cobra
01-02-2013, 04:55 PM
Fixed:

http://ww4.hdnux.com/photos/17/12/34/3974955/3/628x471.jpg
It's insurance Time

Wild Cobra
01-02-2013, 04:56 PM
Chump...

Why do you want the feds to do the insurance providers jobs?

ChumpDumper
01-02-2013, 04:57 PM
President Obama on Tuesday said he instructed federal agencies to “cut through the bureaucracy” to speed relief to victims of Hurricane Sandy.
“My message to the federal government: no bureaucracy, no red tape,” Obama said. “There’s no excuse for inaction at this point. I want every agency to lean forward and to make sure that we are getting the resources where they’re needed as quickly as possible.”
Obama, speaking at a Red Cross office in Washington, said most recovery efforts will be coordinated by local responders. But Obama said he’s also looking for ways the federal government can bring in nontraditional resources. He said the military may have some equipment that can speed up pumping of floodwaters out of New York City’s subways, for example.
Obama also promised community leaders he will intervene to remove any logjams holding up federal assistance.

“I told the mayors and the governors if they’re getting no for an answer somewhere in the federal government, they can call me personally at the White House,” Obama said.

http://www.federaltimes.com/article/20121030/DEPARTMENTS03/310300003/Obama-promises-speed-federal-help-hurricane-victimsSo what federal agency was held up by political red tape and bureaucracy?

EVAY
01-02-2013, 04:59 PM
Most recent reporting is that Republicans are all smiles now since Boehner promised that they will approve $9M on Friday and consider another $51M on January 15.

The fact that a new congress will be in session on Friday, meaning that the House bill will HAVE to go back to the Senate now for approval, even though the Senate had already approved a bill for relief, doesn't seem to bother them as much.

Boehner has really been having a tough time lately.

ElNono
01-02-2013, 04:59 PM

ring ring motherfucker

http://www.federaltimes.com/article/20121030/DEPARTMENTS03/310300003/Obama-promises-speed-federal-help-hurricane-victims

(http://www.federaltimes.com/article/20121030/DEPARTMENTS03/310300003/Obama-promises-speed-federal-help-hurricane-victims)

So he never promised to cut legislative red tape. Thanks :tu

ChumpDumper
01-02-2013, 05:00 PM
Chump...

Why do you want the feds to do the insurance providers jobs?1) The fed is the insurer against floods for most that have such policies.

2) Homes were not the only thing damaged.

3) lol WC

ChumpDumper
01-02-2013, 05:02 PM
So he never promised to cut legislative red tape. Thanks :tuHe really thought he had a zinger since he edited his post.

DMC
01-02-2013, 05:07 PM

"Obama also promised community leaders he will intervene to remove any logjams holding up federal assistance."

""We're going to not tolerate any red tape. We're not going to tolerate any bureaucracy. We're going to make sure that we get the help to you as quickly as we can," -Obama

Ok, you can take off your blinders now.

Face it, your guy basically told NY to fuck off and die after he was elected.

DMC
01-02-2013, 05:09 PM
lol liberals doing damage control for their guy who doesn't give a shit, and for their legislators who also don't give a shit.

lol dancing in the streets after re-electing a do-nothing.

EVAY
Most recent reporting is that Republicans are all smiles now since Boehner promised that they will approve $9M on Friday and consider another $51M on January 15.

The fact that a new congress will be in session on Friday, meaning that the House bill will HAVE to go back to the Senate now for approval, even though the Senate had already approved a bill for relief, doesn't seem to bother them as much.

Boehner has really been having a tough time lately.

Sorry. the dollar denomination is wrong. it will be $9B on Friday and $51B by January 15th.

DMC
He really thought he had a zinger since he edited his post.

If I did you'd try to suck the creme filling out of it before putting your mouth over it.

ChumpDumper
01-02-2013, 05:10 PM
"Obama also promised community leaders he will intervene to remove any logjams holding up federal assistance."

""We're going to not tolerate any red tape. We're not going to tolerate any bureaucracy. We're going to make sure that we get the help to you as quickly as we can," -Obama

Face it, your guy basically told NY to fuck off and die after he was elected.Your straw argument gets worse when you repeat it.

ChumpDumper
01-02-2013, 05:10 PM
If I did you'd try to suck the creme filling out of it before putting your mouth over it.lol ad hom

ElNono
01-02-2013, 05:13 PM

Face it, your guy basically told NY to fuck off and die after he was elected.

You're confused too. I don't like Barry any more than you do.

DMC
01-02-2013, 05:21 PM
No one but you mentioned cutting any tape.

ElNono
01-02-2013, 05:32 PM
No one but you mentioned cutting any tape.

DMC
01-02-2013, 06:04 PM
So I didn't mention cutting red tape: Thanks!

spursncowboys
01-02-2013, 06:06 PM
:lmao
House Repubs are a bunch of clowns. They ok 40:1 spending to cuts but put their foot down on this?

TeyshaBlue
01-02-2013, 06:08 PM
Sorry. the dollar denomination is wrong. it will be $9B on Friday and $51B by January 15th.

lol...I was wondering bout that. I was about to go looking in my sofa for that kind of change.:lol

ElNono
01-02-2013, 06:11 PM
So I didn't mention cutting red tape: Thanks!

That's true.

EVAY
01-02-2013, 06:11 PM
lol...I was wondering bout that. I was about to go looking in my sofa for that kind of change.:lol

no shit.:lol

ChumpDumper
01-02-2013, 09:06 PM
So I didn't mention cutting red tape: Thanks!Good, since there turned out to be none to cut.

boutons_deux
01-02-2013, 09:52 PM
tea bagger Repug extremists kicking Christie in the balls for the Christie + Barry show the week after Sandy.

FuzzyLumpkins
01-02-2013, 11:49 PM
lol ad hom

Is it me or is he throwing an inordinate amount of homoerotic imagery your way nowadays?

Jacob1983
01-03-2013, 01:59 AM
Why don't some of these celebs that are bitching about guns fork out some cash for these poor unfortunate souls? Yes, I know there was that charity concert back in December but that wasn't enough. I want to see Jeremy Renner, Rashida Jones, and Chris Rock donating some millions to these poor folks in NJ and NY.

Wild Cobra
01-03-2013, 03:01 AM
1) The fed is the insurer against floods for most that have such policies.

Then they have a policy to claim against.

2) Homes were not the only thing damaged.

True, but why is it the feds responsibility?

ChumpDumper
01-03-2013, 02:52 PM
Is it me or is he throwing an inordinate amount of homoerotic imagery your way nowadays?Not just him.

Then they have a policy to claim against.Duh.

True, but why is it the feds responsibility?Why not?

CuckingFunt
01-03-2013, 02:59 PM
If I did you'd try to suck the creme filling out of it before putting your mouth over it.

I... I don't think it works that way...

TeyshaBlue
01-03-2013, 03:15 PM
Is it me or is he throwing an inordinate amount of homoerotic imagery your way nowadays?

lol

Drachen
01-03-2013, 03:25 PM

STRAWS! DUH!

TeyshaBlue
01-03-2013, 03:30 PM
*gouges eyes out*

boutons_deux
01-03-2013, 03:42 PM
but the Repugs have time for:

With Millions Still Waiting For Sandy Relief, Republicans Reintroduce Obamacare Repeal (http://thinkprogress.org/health/2013/01/03/1394071/bachmann-repeal-obamacare/)

Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-MN) isn’t too concerned about finishing what Republicans had left undone. Instead, at 12:00 PM she introduced (http://twitter.com/MicheleBachmann/statuses/286909168877727745) the very first piece of legislation to repeal the Affordable Care Act, which states are now busily implementing.

House Republicans have unsuccessfully voted 33 times (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/11/health-care-repeal-bill_n_1665710.html) in the last two years to eliminate health care reform and wasted at least 88 hours and $50 million, while failing to pass (http://thinkprogress.org/health/2012/07/11/514978/obamacare-repeal-vote-jobs-vote/) a single piece of job creation legislation in the last session of Congress.

http://thinkprogress.org/health/2013/01/03/1394071/bachmann-repeal-obamacare/

Will Boner bring it to a vote?

boutons_deux
01-03-2013, 03:46 PM
Fox Knows Who's To Blame For Boehner's Delay Of Sandy Relief Bill: Obama
On Fox & Friends on Thursday, co-host Steve Doocy led a segment about Sandy relief by noting that Obama is on vacation in Hawaii and added, "Meanwhile ... there are tens of thousands of people whose houses were destroyed by Sandy." Doocy continued, "And it's interesting -- you go back 60 days, the president of the United States was out at a big photo op with Chris Christie, saying, 'I'm going to eliminate the red tape. I'm going to make sure that FEMA follows through.' And now 60 days later, nothing."

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2013/01/03/fox-knows-whos-to-blame-for-boehners-delay-of-s/192002

:lol

DMC
01-04-2013, 12:09 AM

zinger expert?