PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Bryant: Lakers an old damn team

irishock
01-02-2013, 04:21 PM
http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/8802288/kobe-bryant-blames-age-los-angeles-lakers-lack-energy

"Cause we're old as s---," said the 34-year-old Bryant when asked why a lack of energy has been a problem for the Lakers all season. "What do you want? We just got to figure out how to play when we don't have that energy. We got to change things up a little bit defensively. We got to figure out what we want to do offensively, figure out what we want to do on nights when we don't have those legs or have that energy."

Added Bryant: "We didn't seem to have any energy. You watch the game, we were kind of sluggish, kind of stuck in the mud. When we have games like that, everything is an uphill battle for us. When we play fresh, when we play energized, we're a completely, completely different team. You saw a lot of those shots tonight falling short, for whatever reason. We got to get the proper rest and get ready for Friday."

Not helping things was Dwight Howard (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/2384/dwight-howard), the lone young star in the Lakers' lineup. Howard, who turned 27 last month, finished Tuesday with just seven points on 1-for-7 shooting to go with 14 rebounds and five blocks as he appeared to labor up and down the court."It's really been frustrating for him because dealing with the injury and trying to come back and expectations that we all have for him," Bryant said of Howard. "It's tough to deal with that when you're not physically the same player that you were a few years ago. It's been frustrating for him, but to his credit, he's been battling through it and he's been finding ways to be effective. I mean, he had five blocks tonight."

“http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/headshots/nba/players/full/110.png&w=65&h=90&scale=crop&background=0xcccccc&transparent=falseYou just saw an old damn team. I don't know how else to put it to you.
”-- Kobe Bryant, on the Lakers

irishock
01-02-2013, 04:24 PM
http://oi47.tinypic.com/fu6tj9.jpg

irishock
01-02-2013, 04:25 PM
-Stephen A Smith says the Lakers supporting cast is crippled, not Kobe's fault
-Skip Bayless maintains that Bryant is the problem

NRHector
01-02-2013, 04:34 PM
I thought the Spurs were old

Koolaid_Man
01-02-2013, 05:32 PM
Kobe is basically talking about Pau and Nash...Dwight is young..Artest plays with the same energy every night..Kobe is hooping like he's at least 29...that only leaves Pau's bitch ass and Nash

LakerHater
01-02-2013, 06:02 PM
"Cause we're old as shit," said the 34-year-old Bryant when asked why a lack of energy has been a problem for the Lakers all season.

Well there you have it, the fLakers are a TOSB of a team!! :lol

Trainwreck2100
01-02-2013, 06:02 PM
they were coming off 4 days rest

ElNono
01-02-2013, 07:05 PM
Grass is green thread

mystargtr34
01-02-2013, 07:08 PM
It is obviously a moot point now since Bynum can't get on the court bu would Lakerfans do that trade again if Bynum is healthy?

dunkman
01-02-2013, 08:02 PM
Nash is old, the rest aren't that old tbh. It seems that Kobe thinks Dwight won't be the same player anymore and is finding new ways to contribute.

Jt.ONE
01-02-2013, 09:15 PM
:depressed

thunderup
01-03-2013, 04:48 AM
Now that I think about it. Kobe has without question the biggest ego in the league. Maybe if he passed the rock more, then he would get his teammates into the game.

:lol saying you've been playing the best when you're team has vastly underperformed
:lol thinking it's the age of the team when it's really almost all your fault
:lol not knowing how to utilize Howard

Capt Bringdown
01-03-2013, 04:55 AM
Kobe the all-time league leader in throwing his teammates under the bus. aka Biggest douche in NBA history.

freetiago
01-03-2013, 05:02 AM
:lol thunderfan talking about someone having to pass the ball more when he has westbrick in his avi

Mori Chu
01-03-2013, 06:56 AM
Friends, could somebody bookmark this thread and bump it when the Lakers miss the playoffs? (This season and next season, that is.) God bless...