PDA

View Full Version : Trade Checker: Rasho For Malik Ħit Works!

demandole
06-30-2005, 12:40 PM
I've made this potential trade in realgm.com checker and it's satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement. (ID 2451390)
Considering New York need big size and San Antonio the last part of the season and most of the playoff don't used Rasho it could be a good chance to bring back Malik to the Champion's Wagon.

Thoughts.

ChumpDumper
06-30-2005, 12:41 PM
Here we go again.

Extra Stout
06-30-2005, 12:41 PM
This board is being overrun by idiots. So this is how it felt to be a Lakers fan.

BigVee
06-30-2005, 12:44 PM
Can't bring myself to work up the energy to comment.

Ed Helicopter Jones
06-30-2005, 12:46 PM
Dumbass Trade Idea Forum

Oops! It's already full!

demandole
06-30-2005, 12:47 PM
Sorry Which's the reason for your foolish responses!!!!. I tought I'd be a good topic to discuss.

SWC Bonfire
06-30-2005, 12:49 PM
Trade Checker: Rasho For Malik Ħit Works!

Obviously the "it" in the above statement was not referring to his brain.

samikeyp
06-30-2005, 12:51 PM
Sorry Which's the reason for your foolish responses!!!!. I tought I'd be a good topic to discuss.

you "tought" wrong. Besides, you are not the topic, Rasho and Malik are. :p

Shouldn't you be peddling used gum or something?

bigzak25
06-30-2005, 12:52 PM
hey dude, it's just that this could have been thrown into the marbury for rasho/parker thread...that's all...

and as much love as i have for malik? you don't trade rasho unless you upgrade your center position or unless he's a throw in for a superstar...which is about as likely as the lakers winning the title next year...

King
06-30-2005, 12:55 PM
Why would they want to take that contract back on? If they wanted to keep Malik, they wouldn't have traded him. If the Knicks wanted Rasho, we would've just traded Rasho for Nazr instead of Malik, no?

demandole
06-30-2005, 12:58 PM
Viewing what happened in the Finals Series and the Western Conference Finals I suppose that Pop and the Coaching Stuff prefers to stay with Nazr over Rasho.

Spurminator
06-30-2005, 12:59 PM
If the Knicks wanted Rasho, we would've just traded Rasho for Nazr instead of Malik, no?

Isiah: "Hey, RC, remember when you gave us Malik Rose for Nazr Mohammed last season... Funny thing, the guy I REALLY wanted was Rasho Nesterovic. Ha! Boy is my face red... I always get those two guys confused. Rasho just looks like a 'Malik' you know? Anyway, could we work some kind of trade-back? Preciate cha."

boutons
06-30-2005, 12:59 PM
Summer really sucks.

demandole
06-30-2005, 01:00 PM
you "tought" wrong. Besides, you are not the topic, Rasho and Malik are. :p

Shouldn't you be peddling used gum or something?

I'd like to but now are sold out. :lol

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-30-2005, 01:00 PM

It's been posted 20 times on the forum already. And it was a stupid topic all of those times, too.

:hang

bigzak25
06-30-2005, 01:01 PM
the knicks wanted rasho and our Spurs said no dice.

who knew they were talking about his sack. :lol

King
06-30-2005, 01:01 PM
Ok...but where does Malik fit? It would just be an emotional trade to get him back in San Antonio. He still has the big contract, he'd still do the things that got him in Pop's doghouse, he wouldn't get any minutes, etc.

I thought people were over Rose leaving.

demandole
06-30-2005, 01:05 PM
Ok...but where does Malik fit? It would just be an emotional trade to get him back in San Antonio. He still has the big contract, he'd still do the things that got him in Pop's doghouse, he wouldn't get any minutes, etc.

I thought people were over Rose leaving.

My idea was based in 2 things:

a) To get rid of Rasho, his contract and his ice actitude on the floor.
b) To bring back a player that I believe has good feeling with Spur's fans.

Rick Von Braun
06-30-2005, 01:10 PM
Is this the same guy that tried to sell an old newspaper?

Figures...

Banks91
06-30-2005, 01:10 PM
y all the hate on rasho, rasho can fuckin play , flat out its as simple as that.

plus he is a big body, spurs have always been a big team, lets not start changin that

demandole
06-30-2005, 01:12 PM
Is this the same guy that tried to sell an old newspaper?

Figures...

Ditto to you: Now the papers are sold out, baby.

Kori Ellis
06-30-2005, 01:14 PM
I'm going to create a separate forum where people can post all their (crazy or not) trade ideas.

demandole
06-30-2005, 01:15 PM
y all the hate on rasho, rasho can fuckin play , flat out its as simple as that.

plus he is a big body, spurs have always been a big team, lets not start changin that

I think that dumping his contract and recover Malik plus Luis Scola, Nazr, Tim and another big body with a pennis your concept (that I agreed with) still works.

bigzak25
06-30-2005, 01:18 PM
yeah man, but there ain't enough playin time for malik, scola, nazr and horry.

demandole
06-30-2005, 01:22 PM
yeah man, but there ain't enough playin time for malik, scola, nazr and horry.

I'm with you on this but I figure that Luis Scola playing time will not be more that 10 minutes per game considering that it'll be his rookie season.
Moreover Malik could play at center but need to used Tim in the paint playing with big bodies. I prefer Malik in the paint and Tim outwear the glasses.

ChumpDumper
06-30-2005, 01:28 PM
I figure that Luis Scola playing time will not be more that 10 minutes per game considering that it'll be his rookie season.You figure wrong.

bigzak25
06-30-2005, 01:29 PM
scola is malik, but better, 'supposedly'.

so we are set either way.

demandole
06-30-2005, 01:30 PM
You figure wrong.

And please be gentleman What you figure?

demandole
06-30-2005, 01:33 PM
scola is malik, but better, 'supposedly'.

so we are set either way.

It's true but obviosly without NBA experience and playoff's wars over his shoulders.

Personally I'll pull the trigger if the trade are on the table.

ChumpDumper
06-30-2005, 01:36 PM
And please be gentleman What you figure?More than 10. You would be wise not to make a wager about that.

demandole
06-30-2005, 01:40 PM
More than 10. You would be wise not to make a wager about that.

:lol .... sorry Your response???. Are you still counting to 10? :depressed

ChumpDumper
06-30-2005, 01:44 PM
15-17, just like Malik last season.

ObiwanGinobili
06-30-2005, 01:46 PM
I'd like to but now are sold out. :lol
I'd like to but I've sold out.
I'd like to but we have sold out.
I'd like to but I'm all out.
I'd like to. However I am all out of that product.

demandole
06-30-2005, 01:51 PM
I'd like to but I've sold out.
I'd like to but we have sold out.
I'd like to but I'm all out.
I'd like to. However I am all out of that product.

Tell me this in Spanish and I'm also teach you.
This is not Plaza Sesamo thread (are this ok) :lol

easjer
06-30-2005, 02:11 PM
Malik will not be returning to Houston especially for Rasho.

He is undersized for C, and not a great back up PF.

He may be a fan favorite, but he is not worth trading our C for.

Additionally, one reason we got Nazr was to have a full size back up C. We will not be trading Rasho, unless we find that Nazr can up his defense, catch a ball, not pump fake ten times, and that Scola can slide to C (which is still very much under debate).

Also, the reason Rasho was benched during the playoffs was the bad ankle injury he suffered right at the end of the season, which had him out and limited during the first two series, and in the third and finals series, he did not match up well, particularly given his additional speek limitations due to that injury. It had nothing to do with Pop not trusting him or preferring Nazr.

And given that we wanted out of Malik's contract, but haven't decided whether or not we want out of Rasho's (dependant on whether he becomes a back up or not), so your money argument is null.

One final statement, that they should bring back a fan favorite -- please, do try to remember that the Spurs are first and foremost a business and that their business is winning. They accomplished that quite handily without Malik, and the third championship in seven years ensured the continued fan support. It is not necessary to hurt the team play and strangle the cap room in order to appease the fans.

demandole
06-30-2005, 02:56 PM

He is undersized for C, and not a great back up PF.

He may be a fan favorite, but he is not worth trading our C for.

Additionally, one reason we got Nazr was to have a full size back up C. We will not be trading Rasho, unless we find that Nazr can up his defense, catch a ball, not pump fake ten times, and that Scola can slide to C (which is still very much under debate).

Also, the reason Rasho was benched during the playoffs was the bad ankle injury he suffered right at the end of the season, which had him out and limited during the first two series, and in the third and finals series, he did not match up well, particularly given his additional speek limitations due to that injury. It had nothing to do with Pop not trusting him or preferring Nazr.

And given that we wanted out of Malik's contract, but haven't decided whether or not we want out of Rasho's (dependant on whether he becomes a back up or not), so your money argument is null.

One final statement, that they should bring back a fan favorite -- please, do try to remember that the Spurs are first and foremost a business and that their business is winning. They accomplished that quite handily without Malik, and the third championship in seven years ensured the continued fan support. It is not necessary to hurt the team play and strangle the cap room in order to appease the fans.

Really you've posted a good and interesting opinion that make me formulate a pair of questions:

a) Is Rasho worth the contract he links with the Spurs?

b) Rasho really fulled the expectatios that fans had at the beginning of the season?

Kori Ellis
06-30-2005, 02:57 PM

Houston?

demandole
06-30-2005, 03:01 PM
Houston?

Kori: easjer have a problem (LOL)

:spin

ChumpDumper
06-30-2005, 03:06 PM
a) Is Rasho worth the contract he links with the Spurs?

b) Rasho really fulled the expectatios that fans had at the beginning of the season?Did Malik?

Would Malik?

If you're looking to save money, getting Malik back isn't the way to do it. Trade Rasho to Atlanta in that case.

If you just want Malik back at any cost, just say so. Many have.

Marcus Bryant
06-30-2005, 03:11 PM
As much as Rasho sucks in the paint he is an above average NBA center. That perhaps is a sad commentary on today's game, but that's another thread for another day.

With Nazr's future in SA uncertain and Scola's ability to live up to the hype unsettled, you don't move Radoslav at this time. If Nazr stays and Scola is as advertised then the Spurs have a tradeable commodity to work with. Furthermore, the Spurs will be looking to move Rasho because they want to pare back payroll. Holt Cat will want that contract gone if he's destined to ride the bench. They will not take Malik back in a trade.

50 cent
06-30-2005, 03:13 PM
This is just a great idea except Rasho:

1.) Is better than Malik
2.) Plays the center possession better than Malik
3.) Doesn't get in Pop's doghouse.
4.) Is worth more trade value wise.
5.) Could be our potential starting center next year.

Hmm, I will give you this though: Malik is a much better chearleader though.

Marcus Bryant
06-30-2005, 03:17 PM
Rasho is better than Malik so much so that Malik was closing out games instead of Rasho when he was in the rotation. Also, I will add that Malik actually would find a way to get more than 15 times a season.

I'll give you this though: you have a decent signature.

midgetonadonkey
06-30-2005, 03:22 PM
Off-Topic:
I wish Lindey Lohan's tits were still that nice....damn crack whore.

Horry For 3!
06-30-2005, 03:29 PM
:rolleyes is all I have to say after reading this guy's posts.

easjer
06-30-2005, 04:05 PM
Houston.

D'OH.

Sorry, I'm at work, and that means I type Houston all the time. Fuck. I meant SA. I just live in Houston and clearly that fucks with everything.

Sigh. One more reason I want to move home.

beirmeistr
06-30-2005, 04:43 PM
I think the only way Malik comes back to the Spurs is out of uniform and working in the PR department for the Spurs.