PDA

View Full Version : Projected End of Season Standing (West)

cd021
01-02-2013, 11:13 PM
Project Win/Loss record, self compiled, current winning percentage (as of 10:58pm 1/2/13) multiplied by games remaining, then added to current win total.
All numbers current

(The Elite)

Los Angeles Clippers-66-16
Point Differential-+9.3
Home Win Percentage-.833 (15-3)
Road Win Percentage-.714 (10-4)
Vs. .500+ Win Percentage- .687 (11-5)

Oklahoma City-63-19
Point Differential-+ 8.4
Home Win Percentage-.842 (16-3)
Road Win Percentage-.667 (8-4)
Vs. .500+ Win Percentage-.625 (10-6)

San Antonio-63-19
Point Differential-+9.0
Home Win Percentage-.866 (13-2)
Road Win Percentage-.684 (13-6)
Vs. .500+ Win Percentage-.667 (12-7)

2nd Tier Contenders

Memphis-57-26
Point Differential-+4.6
Home Win Percentage-.812 (13-3)
Road Win Percentage-.538 (7-6)
Vs. .500+ Win Percentage-.562 (9-7)

Golden State-56-26
Point Differential-+2.6
Home Win Percentage-.714 (10-4)
Road Win Percentage-.647(11-6)
Vs. .500+ Win Percentage-.714 (10-4)

Playoff Teams

Houston-46-36
Point Differential- +2.3
Home Win Percentage-.684 (13-6)
Road Win Percentage-.384(5-8)
Vs. .500+ Win Percentage-.444 (8-10)

Denver-45-37
Point Differential-+2.2
Home Win Percentage-.90.9 (10-1)
Road Win Percentage-.363 (8-14)
Vs. .500+ Win Percentage-.473 (9-10)

Minnesota-42-40
Point Differential- +1.1
Home Win Percentage-.692 (9-4)
Road Win Percentage-.333(5-10)
Vs. .500+ Win Percentage-.357(5-9)

In The Hunt

Portland-42-40
Point Differential- +2.5
Home Win Percentage-.733 (11-4)
Road Win Percentage-.312 (5-11)
Vs. .500+ Win Percentage-.538(7-6)

Los Angeles Lakers-40-42
Point Differential-+2.6
Home Win Percentage-.714
Road Win Percentage-.647
Vs. .500+ Win Percentage-.437 (7-9)
(Note-Below .500 win %-.533, 8-7)

Utah-37-45
Point Differential- -1.1
Home Win Percentage-.714 (10-14)
Road Win Percentage-.315 (6-13)
Vs. .500+ Win Percentage-.250 (4-12)

SpursIndonesia
01-02-2013, 11:26 PM
Lob City is good, but overrated in this analysis, no 1 & 2 spot in the west is still gonna be decided beetween the Spurs and Thunder.

cd021
01-02-2013, 11:51 PM
Lob City is good, but overrated in this analysis, no 1 & 2 spot in the west is still gonna be decided beetween the Spurs and Thunder.

I based it off the projected win/loss not really on opinions...if i had to guess

OKC
Spurs
Clippers

in terms of my rank, but each could beat each other in a seven game series

SpursIndonesia
01-03-2013, 12:10 AM
I based it off the projected win/loss not really on opinions...if i had to guess

OKC
Spurs
Clippers

in terms of my rank, but each could beat each other in a seven game series

Yeah, i agree with that. OKC's still the western conf favorite, but out of those three, the Clips will be the hardest opponent for the defending champ. The Spurs need too much things to align correctly for 'em to hoist another riverside parade in June.

letmk
01-03-2013, 12:18 AM
To be honest, I don't care about the Clippers at all. We can and will beat if the two teams meet again. Unlike OKC, the Clippers have nothing special that the Spurs cannot overcome, or anything that can makes things particularly hard for the Spurs.

Monkeyboy14
01-03-2013, 12:19 AM
Yeah, i agree with that. OKC's still the western conf favorite, but out of those three, the Clips will be the hardest opponent for the defending champ. The Spurs need too much things to align correctly for 'em to hoist another riverside parade in June.
Honestly, I dont know if OKC is still the favorite. I know this has been said a lot but I just dont see them being able to hold on without harden. What happens when westbrook is chucking and they dont have anyone distributing the ball.. Personally thinking the clips are too deep for anyone in the west..

spursmartyr
01-03-2013, 12:58 AM
Honestly, I dont know if OKC is still the favorite. I know this has been said a lot but I just dont see them being able to hold on without harden. What happens when westbrook is chucking and they dont have anyone distributing the ball.. Personally thinking the clips are too deep for anyone in the west..

yeah, OKC is definitely worse than last year, the Tin Man might be almost comparable to the scorer/shooter/foul mongerer that Harden was but he will never be faciliator that he was for OKC.

I don't see the Heatles losing though tbh

Uriel
01-03-2013, 01:35 AM
Great post. :tu LAC's 21 point loss to the Warriors ruined their point differential, though, so they should be below us now. Also, Hollinger's Playoff Odds might be better in terms of projections like this, because it also takes into account other factors like Strength of Schedule, and simulates the remaining games on the team's schedule. Based on that projection, the Spurs are #1 in the West, as well as the NBA.

http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/playoffodds/_/sort/medianWins

Sean Cagney
01-03-2013, 02:12 AM
LOL 66 wins for LAC and us 63, come back down to earth some there. Thats a little much. I hope we win out though lol.

PÒÓCH
01-03-2013, 02:20 AM
No sane semi-educated basketball aficionado will belive that the Clippers will win 66 games this season. Just won't happen. This sample was taken too early in the season. I agree with Uriel, Hollinger's is a much better indicator.

Kidd K
01-03-2013, 02:51 AM
Spurs are #1 in Hollinger's power rankings right now, and that doesn't include last night's game which should put them even further ahead of the Clippers and Thunder as SA won, while the other two lost in blowouts.

Spurs should be comfortably in first by a pretty wide margin when they update.

will_spurs
01-03-2013, 06:34 AM
LOL 66 wins for LAC and us 63, come back down to earth some there. Thats a little much. I hope we win out though lol.

You might want to look up the word "projection" in a dictionary...

I'm really amazed by the Warriors' turnaround... quick and extreme. Still can't picture them as anything but first round fodder, though.

cd021
01-03-2013, 01:20 PM

Westbrook is averaging a career high in assists this season 7+.

cd021
01-03-2013, 01:22 PM

Based on current winning percentages projected out for the remaining season. You're laughing at both teams current pace. The Clippers now have 65 win projection.

TampaDude
01-03-2013, 01:31 PM
Spurs and Heat in the Finals.

GO SPURS GO!!!!!

Horse
01-03-2013, 01:51 PM
The clips are coming back down to earth and okc without harden will eventually bite them in the ass. Our biggest foe will be as always david stern, he took it from us last year. So all we can do is hope he doesn't do it again but history tells us there's no reason to think he won't. Can't wait till he's gone Fuck you david stern!

Darkwaters
01-03-2013, 02:23 PM
I would love nothing more than to have the Timberwolves playing in May while the Lakers watch from their fishing boats

cd021
01-03-2013, 04:48 PM
You might want to look up the word "projection" in a dictionary...

I'm really amazed by the Warriors' turnaround... quick and extreme. Still can't picture them as anything but first round fodder, though.

Diffucult to say if they are 5th then they have a decent shot of beating Memphis, GSW has been fantastic against .500+ teams (11-4) Memphis struggles on the road and against other good teams. They don't want any part of OKC & San Antonio who could blow their doors off. Against the Clippers I actually could see them upsetting them.

aal04
01-03-2013, 06:07 PM
clippers. im scared of bledisoe, okc im scared of martin. Yes those impact off the bench players who go AWOL against us. We need Manu to nullify them. And Lakers, I check their games every week and pray they haven't clicked yet. Kobe keep chucking!

Monkeyboy14
01-03-2013, 07:24 PM
Westbrook is averaging a career high in assists this season 7+.
Yeah right now.. do you really expect that to hold up when it matters? Also, its not like the assists are the only thing they are missing without harden.

cd021
01-03-2013, 11:08 PM
Their not really missing anything right now. Playoffs is another story but their isn't any reason to believe that.

Westbrook is actually averaging more assist than Parker is 8.7 apg. He has shot the ball less this season and has made more plays for his teammates, Durant is having a career year and Ibaka is averaging almost 6pts more than last season.

Monkeyboy14
01-04-2013, 12:02 AM
Their not really missing anything right now. Playoffs is another story but their isn't any reason to believe that.

Westbrook is actually averaging more assist than Parker is 8.7 apg. He has shot the ball less this season and has made more plays for his teammates, Durant is having a career year and Ibaka is averaging almost 6pts more than last season.
Right, but like you said playoffs are a different story. I guess we will just have to wait and see what happens. All im saying is, it takes more than Ibaka, durant, and westbrook to win it all, enter harden.. which they dont have. I just have a hard time believing they are going to be better than last year without him.

Sean Cagney
01-04-2013, 02:21 AM
Based on current winning percentages projected out for the remaining season. You're laughing at both teams current pace. The Clippers now have 65 win projection.

Neither will win that many games, they will hit a slump as most teams do. If the Spurs get to 60 I will be shocked.

cd021
01-04-2013, 08:10 PM
Neither will win that many games, they will hit a slump as most teams do. If the Spurs get to 60 I will be shocked.

I never said they would thats what their current winning percentage projects, the spurs I actually think will win 60 rather easily we protect home court and are one of the best road teams. We also have played alot of games early leading to a lot of spacing in between games later in the season. We have 47 remaining games and 26 are at home and 28 in the state of Texas.

cd021
01-04-2013, 08:16 PM
Right, but like you said playoffs are a different story. I guess we will just have to wait and see what happens. All im saying is, it takes more than Ibaka, durant, and westbrook to win it all, enter harden.. which they dont have. I just have a hard time believing they are going to be better than last year without him.

Like i said theres no reason to believe they won't be as good as last season. If Brooks actually benches Perkins in place of Collison, then they could be be even better. Its gonna take more than Tim, Tony & Manu, but thats a given they have more talent at the top than us, we've got to get the most out of Kawhi, Jackson, Green, Splitter & Neal to even compete with them.

SpursIndonesia
01-04-2013, 08:39 PM
I would love nothing more than to have the Timberwolves playing in May while the Lakers watch from their fishing boats

Truth.

I never said they would thats what their current winning percentage projects, the spurs I actually think will win 60 rather easily we protect home court and are one of the best road teams. We also have played alot of games early leading to a lot of spacing in between games later in the season. We have 47 remaining games and 26 are at home and 28 in the state of Texas.

Like i said theres no reason to believe they won't be as good as last season. If Brooks actually benches Perkins in place of Collison, then they could be be even better. Its gonna take more than Tim, Tony & Manu, but thats a given they have more talent at the top than us, we've got to get the most out of Kawhi, Jackson, Green, Splitter & Neal to even compete with them.

Agreed.