PDA

View Full Version : Quick Grades: Spurs @ Bucks - Jan. 2

timvp
01-03-2013, 12:27 AM
Tim Duncan A
Shot most of his wad in the first half, but what a marvelous wad it was. Very assertive. Very productive.

Manu Ginobili B
Individual defense poor. Team D was decent. Offense a bit ragged at times but still really strong.

Tony Parker B
Defense was poor despite effort. Made a huge number of plays offensively but decision-making was iffy.

Kawhi Leonard C
Quiet offensively; did little to no creating. Defense was average at best. Rotations could have been much better.

Danny Green B+
Took advantage of his open looks. Patient with the ball and passed well. Defense was good but not great.

Tiago Splitter B
Plagued by fouls. Perimeter D strong. Interior D so-so. Scored well on his few touches.

Boris Diaw B+
His scoring looked extremely smooth. Came out firing. Rebounding was fine. D could have been better.

Stephen Jackson B
Utilized his size and strength well. Passing was a plus. Sloppy at times, especially on defensive rotations.

Gary Neal B+
Showed little rust in his return. Had palpable chemistry with Ginobili. Passing was good and D was adequate.

Matt Bonner B-
Decisiveness remains a positive trait on offense. D was substandard and could have been better on boards.

DeJuan Blair F
Ugh. Horrendous stint in the third. Can’t move or jump and compounded issues with mental mistakes.

Nando De Colo Inc.
Turned the ball over and missed two free throws late to give the Bucks some life.

Patrick Mills Inc.
Hit a couple free throws to officially end the affair.

Pop C
Inserting Blair was a bad, bad move. The extra minutes placed on the Big 3 could be costly tomorrow night.

Chinook
01-03-2013, 12:29 AM
Who do you think is the best perimeter defender on the team? It seems like no one can really lock down that claim so far.

DPG21920
01-03-2013, 12:30 AM
What a Koolaidman-esque grade for Duncan.

silverblackfan
01-03-2013, 12:30 AM
Agree on all the scores, especially Blair. The Bucks went on their run with DB in the game.

Libri
01-03-2013, 12:31 AM
Blair has no business playing unless the Spurs are up by 40 and there is one minute left in the game.

racm
01-03-2013, 12:31 AM
Depends on which perimeter player scores the most, tbh. If it's a big forward it's Leonard, if it's a guard it's probably Green.

MR-Clutch
01-03-2013, 12:46 AM
Duncan's write up sounds dirty.:wow

Ice009
01-03-2013, 12:50 AM
I don't think the Spurs could even get a second round pick for DB anymore.

What is wrong with him? Spurs should have traded him when he still had some value. I'm shocked at how poor he has been lately.

TDMVPDPOY
01-03-2013, 12:56 AM
our wing perimeter defense is overrated man

KL and GREEN gives there man so much spacing that they are always late on switches or undercutting over/under the screen chasing down the opponent....but they are better then whatever is on the wing on this team when it comes to defense...

Arcadian
01-03-2013, 12:59 AM
Shot most of his wad in the first half, but what a marvelous wad it was.

:lmao

Well, that's an interesting way of putting it.

racm
01-03-2013, 01:09 AM
Best point differential in the league baby :lol

Cry Havoc
01-03-2013, 01:18 AM
Blair deserves an F- for blocking himself with the backboard.

Paranoid Pop
01-03-2013, 01:31 AM
Blair didn't single-handedly allow three near 30 points quarters.

If with didn't shoot 50% from the 3 pt line, we would have lost, how are these kind of wins called again?

What scares me is that I see of lot of Thunder in that Milwaukee team.

SanDiegoSpursFan
01-03-2013, 03:00 AM
What scares me is that I see of lot of Thunder in that Milwaukee team.
could you explain?

Paranoid Pop
01-03-2013, 03:44 AM
could you explain?

Quick and long shot blockers on D. Quick guards penetrating guards like RW on offense, with decent to great shooters around them.

freetiago
01-03-2013, 04:04 AM
dunleavy is the only floor spacer on that team
overrating the bucks tbh per the par
we had a 20 point lead the whole way
it was midget ball with diaw/blair that ruined it
i remember hearing ellis/jennings scored something like 23 points during that period

neal/ginobili/jack/diaw/blair
not a single defender was seen that day

should have kept eddy currys fatass
him being 7 feet makes him worth more then blair
and hes a monster in the paint

Strategic
01-03-2013, 04:11 AM
It's been hard for this core to win in Milwaukee over time. This Bucks team features youth and length, but it hasn't always been that way.

Pop C
Inserting Blair was a bad, bad move. The extra minutes placed on the Big 3 could be costly tomorrow night.

Every time Blair lays an egg it's another nail, and maybe one step closer to seeing one of the big fellows from the Toros. :lolThat's all I'm gonna say about that. :toast

As far as tomorrow's game is concerned, que sera sera. It'll be alright. Go Spurs Go!!!

SanDiegoSpursFan
01-03-2013, 04:48 AM
Quick and long shot blockers on D. Quick guards penetrating guards like RW on offense, with decent to great shooters around them.
disagree about the shooters. mike dunleavy is their only good shooter imo.

BG_Spurs_Fan
01-03-2013, 04:59 AM
It'd be interesting to compare Duncan's first half stats vs his second half stats during the season.

will_spurs
01-03-2013, 06:30 AM
Hard to think of any "project big" the Spurs parted with who wouldn't be an upgrade over Blair at this point...

racm
01-03-2013, 08:35 AM

He's also their best player. Fills the stat sheet efficiently.

TDMVPDPOY
01-03-2013, 09:06 AM
Hard to think of any "project big" the Spurs parted with who wouldn't be an upgrade over Blair at this point...

curry or that backup on the torros we called up last season who can shoot the ball

curry a fkn big who can jump is better then blair

silverblackfan
01-03-2013, 09:08 AM
He's also their best player. Fills the stat sheet efficiently.
I wouldn't say their best player, but he is the most Spurs-like player. Well rounded, good shooter, rarely makes mistakes and knows his role. Would have been a great Spur.

Paranoid Pop
01-03-2013, 10:03 AM

Ilyasova and LMAM have range, much like the Thunder's PFs. Dunleavy is their Durant so that shows tells you what you need to know about the comparison but I feel like it's as valid as any tbh...

Paranoid Pop
01-03-2013, 10:05 AM

That's because there isn't any, the Blair situation would be hilarious if it wasn't so damn sad how they wasted a spot on the roster to keep him...

quentin_compson
01-03-2013, 03:24 PM
It still would be nice if Blair was playing a bit better, even if just to get up his trade value.

Johnny RIngo
01-03-2013, 03:29 PM
This woulda been a twenty point blowout if Blair never came in during the third. Spurs HAVE to find a fourth big - doesn't have to be anyone great - just to put someone in during blowouts that will actually put in some effort. Blair is finished - whether it's his knees or motivation. He doesn't want to be here. That much is obvious.

Paranoid Pop
01-03-2013, 04:22 PM
This woulda been a twenty point blowout if Blair never came in during the third. Spurs HAVE to find a fourth big - doesn't have to be anyone great - just to put someone in during blowouts that will actually put in some effort. Blair is finished - whether it's his knees or motivation. He doesn't want to be here. That much is obvious.

He should be more of a fifth big on a championship team but I wouldn't mind Ben Wallace tbh...