PDA

View Full Version : Spurs: NBA ATS Picks, 1/3/12

Ghazi
01-03-2013, 03:50 AM
Nuggets -7 - The Wolves are on a b2b playing in Utah last night. That's just a terrible scheduling spot.. Rubio is out... Wolves are a high turnover team which should ignite transition opportunities for the Nuggets. Rubio and Lawson are out... but Miller can fill the void just fine. Wolves are shooting a pathetic 29% from 3-PT land this year, which is one of the Nuggets weaknesses that they won't be able to exploit. And again, the Nuggets are world beaters at home.

Spurs +1 - The Spurs are 4th in the league in guarding the 3-PT line as far as frequecy of attempts and 2nd in %. that bodes well against the gimmicky offense of the Knicks that shoots 30 3's a game. Felton is out, and the Knicks depth wasn't great to begin with... Kidd cannot guard Parker, neither can Prigioni. Chandler may do a decent job on Duncan, but the Spurs depth is amazing.. Meawhile, the Knicks themselves are terrible defending the 3, a major strength of the Spurs especially with their ball movement.

BTW, I'm not even sure why the Spurs are slight underdogs here. the difference between +1 and -2-3 isn't that much, but it seems this line is off and Spurs should be 3-4 point favorites.

Anyway, it's a lot of points to lay but I'll lay it, I also have a huge teaser with Nuggets -2 / Packers -1.5

irishock
01-03-2013, 03:53 AM
Spurs are an easy take for +1

Over 206.5 as well. Going to be a shootout.

rayjayjohnson
01-03-2013, 04:04 AM
i feel i should take notes when ghazi speaks. ghazi covers tbh

Ghazi
01-03-2013, 10:12 PM
ended up passing on both.. didn't realize it was Spurs 4th game in 5 nights.

Still got a teaser pending with Nuggets though.