PDA

View Full Version : Tim Freakin Duncan

Russo21
01-03-2013, 07:39 AM
The Spurs topped the Bucks in Milwaukee behind the play of Tim Duncan, who scored 28 points, collected 13 rebounds, handed out six assists and blocked three shots. It was the second game this season in which Duncan reached all four of those statistical minimums (he had 31 points, 18 rebounds, six assists and five blocked shots at Denver on December 18); no other player has done that even once this season. It was the eighth such game for Duncan in his career, tying him with Kevin Garnett for the most by any active NBA player.

NBA - Duncan cracks Top 25 With his 26th point against the Bucks on Wednesday, Tim Duncan cracked the top 25 of the NBA's all-time scoring list, passing Elgin Baylor.

Surprised such a game was only the 8th of his career. The big fella is on a roll!!

And congrats for cracking the top 25 all time scoring list. Consistant greatness = Tim Freakin Duncan :toast GOAT

racm
01-03-2013, 07:57 AM
He's gone from being snubbed for an All-Star nod to the best big man in the league in the span of less than a calendar year. :wow

silverblackfan
01-03-2013, 09:12 AM
He is definitely turning back the clock and carrying this team at times. His defense has been outstanding and that outside shot is money when he releases it right away.

Let us all pray for his good health for the season. If he goes down, the Spurs will be struggling.

Killakobe81
01-03-2013, 09:41 AM
I dont think he was "snubbed" last year, at least by the normal definition ...but THIS year he has been very impressive. I know they changed the all-star selection positions but at center (which he has been for years) no one has been better this season.

I would argue that if he maintains this level of play he should be 1st team all NBA again along with: PAul, Kobe, Lebron Durant ... that is amazing at this stage of his career and hopefully more fans appreciate what a great player he has been outside of SA and NBA insiders. I know I have butted heads with folks on the Kobe vs. Duncan but I am also one of the more vocal Duncan>Shaq>Hakeem>Malone>McHale advocates ... I know in the primes of each Duncan may lose that debate (hakeem and Shaq) but when you add this season to his 1999-2008 prime And even factoring his below par (for him previous 3) I dont see how he is not considered the best all-around big along with Hakeem since Kareem. due to the winning, consistency and the fact he won rings in the prime of Shaq and Kobe .... (Who were team-mates) his resume is extremely impressive and this season he is just adding more icing on the cake.