PDA

View Full Version : Trade for Mike Dunleavy?

Boomersgold
01-03-2013, 08:59 AM
I've never done a trade thread before, so here's my first one.

What pieces would be required for a trade that would land us Mike Dunleavy of the Bucks. Would Gary Neal and Dejuan Blair for Dunleavy be an equal trade talent-wise and salary wise? Both teams would get a deadly shooter and consistent scorer off the bench, plus the trade would offload Blair from our roster.

silverblackfan
01-03-2013, 09:18 AM
First of all, I would not let go of Neal, he is too good and cheap for that excellent offense, but I was a bit curious.
The Trade fails (http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ab2hf2q) basically because DB and GN are cheap and Dunleavy is making close to $4 mill.

silverblackfan
01-03-2013, 09:21 AM
On the other hand, this trade (http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=b72gbr9) does work... Not sure if it is worth it to lose someone who is a big, knows the system, and shoots 3s better than the rest of the league.
I like Dunleavy, but how good is he under pressure?

gee
01-03-2013, 09:34 AM
I don't think getting Dunleavy is worth the parts we'll have to lose to get him.
They're not going to take just Bonner for him, but of course that would be good if it somehow happened.

exstatic
01-03-2013, 10:14 AM
Dunleavy is worse defensively for his position than either Blair or Neal. The only skill he has is shooting, and we have that covered. If we're calling the Bucks, I'd MUCH rather talk about Luc M'bah Amoute.

Spur-Addict
01-03-2013, 10:16 AM
NO

TDMVPDPOY
01-03-2013, 10:22 AM
rather get one of there bigs man....

funni how they paid green goblin millions to be a backup bench warmer

Ice009
01-03-2013, 10:26 AM
I'd rather have Neal in that role. Don't want to pay Dunleavy 4-5 times as much when he isn't even an upgrade on defense.

Boomersgold
01-03-2013, 10:30 AM
Dunleavy's a huge upgrade over Neal, both offensively and defensively (he's taller and can play SG). He should've won the "Sixth man of the year" last season, but didn't due to the Bucks being a small-market team and not getting near as much media exposure as teams like the Lakers or the Heat.

Trade 1
Here's a new trade that works: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=axjokll
De Colo, Blair and Cojo for Dunleavy.

I don't think the Spurs would trade Neal due to the measly amount that he makes. As long as he's here, he'll be the backup point guard, so it would make sense to get rid of our excess point guards. It also increases our win projection by 2 wins.

OR

Trade 2
Dunleavy for Bonner and Blair http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=b8v8rp5

Our win projection increases by 2 in this trade.

silverblackfan
01-03-2013, 10:37 AM
Trading 3 of our guys for MD seems a bit desperate. I would hang on to De Colo, just for his court vision alone. The rest of his game will improve and he is long enough to bother most point guards. If they are especially fast, then it is more up to Tony and Patty to harass them.

Boomersgold
01-03-2013, 10:42 AM
Trading 3 of our guys for MD seems a bit desperate. I would hang on to De Colo, just for his court vision alone. The rest of his game will improve and he is long enough to bother most point guards. If they are especially fast, then it is more up to Tony and Patty to harass them.

I liked the Dunleavy for Bonner or Bonner AND Blair trade (Blair's basically being tossed in there just to get rid off him) though.

Mel_13
01-03-2013, 10:49 AM
Dunleavy's a huge upgrade over Neal, both offensively and defensively (he's taller and can play SG). He should've won the "Sixth man of the year" last season, but didn't due to the Bucks being a small-market team.

Let's assume this is true. Add to that these facts:

1. The Bucks are currently 6th in the East.

2. They're among the worst 3pt shooting teams in the NBA.

3. Dunleavy is the best 3pt shooter (41%) on the team.

4. He's their third leading scorer and he does that from the bench.

5. He is on a very reasonable, 3.75M expiring contract.

Which all begs the question: why exactly would the Bucks trade him for our scraps?

There's also the fact that Dunleavy would be the 5th wing on the Spurs and meets neither of the team's most glaring shortcomings, but that's another discussion.

Monkeyboy14
01-03-2013, 11:39 AM
Any trade not involving a big man is not worth it, why trade a back court player for a back court player when we are so stacked in those positions. Only way I would trade neal or jackson or even Nando would have to involve us getting a decent big guy.

Bill_Brasky
01-03-2013, 11:41 AM
The only player I want from the Bucks is Henson

Dr. Robert Lee
01-03-2013, 11:58 AM
I don't understand why we need another SG or SF, tbh.

bigfan
01-03-2013, 12:05 PM
Im so old I still remember the other Dunleavy as a Spur.

DapDaGenius
01-03-2013, 12:14 PM
I'd still want a Blair for Greg Smith trade. Trade Machine says it's possible, despite the fact that the trade decreases the Rockets projected wins by 7, I still want it to happen. If we kept Anderson maybe we could've used him to sweeten the deal.

will_spurs
01-03-2013, 12:16 PM
Which all begs the question: why exactly would the Bucks trade him for our scraps?

There's also the fact that Dunleavy would be the 5th wing on the Spurs and meets neither of the team's most glaring shortcomings, but that's another discussion.

Well, Bonner can shoot the 3 and is bigger than Dunleavy. But indeed regardless of what the Bucks need, we certainly don't need yet another wing who can shoot but can't defend, and is unproven to boot.

DapDaGenius
01-03-2013, 12:16 PM
I don't understand why we need another SG or SF, tbh.

We definitely don't, we definitely need a young PFs and Cs. Hopefully, the FO will make a trade getting rid one or two of the players that most people here don't like and in return they get a big or 2 that turn out to be steals.

Darkwaters
01-03-2013, 12:43 PM
Bonner would be a good piece to dangle to the Bucks. They need shooting and hes statistically the best 3 point shooter in the league at the moment.

The biggest problem with that is if he leaves we're down a big. We would need at least one big in return - if not two.

callo1
01-03-2013, 04:14 PM
The only trade I would like to see is one for Paul Milsap. Utah likes white ball players, so Bonner would be a start...don't think the Spurs have the rest of the pieces, unless they can get Utah to take Jack.

Milsap adds rebounding and toughness, and midrange shooting. I have no doubt that he would nullify Ibaka in that head to head match up. The guy works his butt off, and is a Pop type of player. Milsap puts the Spurs over the top imo.

It is no secret that the Jazz are loaded with bigs, and they have made it public that they are looking to move one, problem is, what the Spurs would have to give up to make it happen.

It would take a third team to make this work...one that would take on Jackson's expiring contract. Very unlikely, just wishful thinking. Utah will likely trade for a pg now that Williams went down.

Manu's 14 mill this year hurts.