PDA

View Full Version : Fix lag in Android devices (root required).

Cry Havoc
01-03-2013, 02:46 PM
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1987032

I just installed this. EVERYTHING is instant. It's extremely impressive.

lefty
01-03-2013, 02:58 PM
Interesting, thanks

I've had 0 lag since I have rooted/flashed custom JB rom, but I'll keep that app in mind

Drachen
01-03-2013, 03:07 PM
Interesting, thanks

I've had 0 lag since I have rooted/flashed custom JB rom, but I'll keep that app in mind

I haven't tried this, but I started reading the thread and it says that google maps tiles populate instantly... That would be pretty cool.

leemajors
01-04-2013, 08:19 AM
some details and possible rebuttal by google that I don't understand here:

http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=42265

Jt.ONE
01-05-2013, 02:45 AM
i MUST read through that xda thread, surprised i haven't seen it before.

though theoretically... this should impact 2.3 and below versions more than ICS and JB imo; a lot of it might be placebo too as mentioned in the code.google.com discussion

quote from the OP of that xda thread:

Hey guys,

Just wanted to say a few things -

1. My initial analysis (dalvik reading /dev/random) does indeed not apply on ICS, Jellybean, etc.
2. Nevertheless, it seems that rngd does have a significant effect on these builds for some people, including me.
3. I'm going through the kernel's RNG code right now trying to figure out if perhaps there's some lock contention, or something else funky going on. I have entropy debugging turned on, and there are a *lot* of nonblocking reads going on, constantly.
4. Perhaps it is just kicking the governor, but I don't see any change to time_in_state with it running. I suspect it really has something to do with the input entropy pool.

I never expected Seeder to take off like this; it's a little scary. I initially published a build, and had very positive feedback on XDA, so decided to put something on the marketplace. Though I've been a *nix admin and coder for a while, this is my first Android app.

It doesn't seem to work the way I thought it did on later Android builds, and I will get to the bottom of this.

tbh though