PDA

View Full Version : Today is the 20th Anniversary...

benefactor
01-03-2013, 04:37 PM
...of The Comeback. I was 14 and I still remember it vividly. Not sure where Jim Eddy is today, but I hope he has contracted some sort of painful terminal illness that is very slow in progression. Furthermore, the only reason I've ever congratulated Cowboys fans for winning those Superbowls is because they face raped the Bills twice en route to the Bills crapping the bed 4 times in a row. I hope the failure still hurts.

That is all.

leemajors
01-03-2013, 04:47 PM
I think i watched all of det one too. Brutal, brutal.

gaKNOW!blee
01-03-2013, 04:51 PM
Andre Reed should be in the HOF for that game alone

DeadlyDynasty
01-03-2013, 05:30 PM
Sans Jim Kelly, Thurman Thomas, and Cornelius Bennett. Greatest football memory of my life.

baseline bum
01-03-2013, 05:34 PM
Sans Jim Kelly, Thurman Thomas, and Cornelius Bennett. Greatest football memory of my life.

Even better than Romo fucking up the 20 yard field goal in Seattle?

http://i.usatoday.net/sports/_photos/2007/07/01/romo-topper.jpg

Trainwreck2100
01-03-2013, 06:36 PM
i remember tinking all texas super bowl fuck yeah, then no

DeadlyDynasty
01-03-2013, 06:41 PM
Houston shouldve played us the next year in the AFCCG...still hard to believe Montana and the Chiefs won that game...Buddy Ryan's fault imo

JoeTait75
01-03-2013, 07:42 PM
Two things I remember most from that game:

- When Don Beebe scored about a 40-yard TD on a blown coverage to make it 35-17, that's when I really felt Buffalo had a chance to come back. That's when the crowd at Rich Stadium really got back into it and you could just feel the tide shift. And of course Houston already had a history of blowing leads in big games even before that day.

- Buffalo scored so fast and so easily to make it 35-31 that not only did it seem inevitable that they would come back to win, but it looked as if they were actually going to blow Houston out 52-35 or something like that. It wasn't just that the Bills scored all those points; what was truly amazing was how rapidly they scored.

That Oiler team was one of the true ciphers in NFL history. They had such great talent and not just on offense, either. When they were hammering on all cylinders they could embarrass even good opponents. It's unbelievable that they never even played in an AFC Championship Game, let alone in a Super Bowl.

benefactor
01-03-2013, 07:50 PM
That season was one of my favorites and it most definitely should have been the rematch. The fourth quarter of that Chiefs game was a defensive abomination...which is crazy because after the 1-4 start they only allowed 20 in a game once over the next 11 games.