01-03-2013, 09:39 PM
against the NBA's best teams the Spurs are not very good

4-7
Thunder 1-1
Grizzlies 2-1
Clippers 1-2
Knicks 0-2
Heat 0-1 (no TTMD)

to me, this is not good. we're beating up on the bad teams (and there's plenty of them) but falling well short against the elite (who we'll need to beat in the Playoffs).

Cry Havoc
01-03-2013, 09:41 PM
4 games in 5 nights ejaculation thread.

lefty
01-03-2013, 09:43 PM
Who cares ?

The Spurs are not gonna win the title anyway, since TP always shits the bed in the playoffs

Brunodf
01-03-2013, 09:43 PM

This, and Miami was shitty against the elite teams last season and still ended winning it.

Monkeyboy14
01-03-2013, 09:44 PM
This thread is perfect example as to why spurs fan can be stupid. Biggest thing taken out of this game? We miss our shots, we lose. Just like every other team. They miss there shots, they lose. Simple as that.

DejuanorwhatDude
01-03-2013, 09:44 PM
You call the Heat @ Miami game actually a game? I've actually seen nothing that would stop the Spurs from beating the Knicks should they meet again. They're very slow. The Knicks wouldn't beat anybody either if they shot like us tonight.

Reck
01-03-2013, 09:46 PM
This, and Miami was shitty against the elite teams last season and still ended winning it.

Only thing is that Miami actually has size and CAN turn it on during the playoffs while the Spurs nut sack dissapears in crunch time.

This Spurs team will never win a title the way it is constructed.

But hey, regular season game is what we aim for so hell yes Go Spurs Go!!

FkLA
01-03-2013, 09:47 PM
Good thing the playoffs dont start in early January.

lefty
01-03-2013, 09:47 PM
Good thing the playoffs dont start in early January.

that's what TP says

Brunodf
01-03-2013, 09:49 PM
Only thing is that Miami actually has size and CAN turn it on during the playoffs while the Spurs nut sack dissapears in crunch time.

:lol Dumb dumb dumb, taking conclusions from a tired spurs team playing 4 games in 5 nights :lmao

Spurs is top 5 in defensive and offensive ratings :lol

FkLA
01-03-2013, 09:49 PM
that's what TP says

Timmy will lead us tbh. Manu will have his back too. :lobt2:

cd021
01-03-2013, 09:52 PM

2-6
Thunder 1-1
Grizzlies 1-0
Clippers 0-2
Knicks 0-2
Heat 0-1

to me, this is not good. we're beating up on the bad teams (and there's plenty of them) but falling well short against the elite (who we'll need to beat in the Playoffs).

Spurs 13-8 against +.500 teams, Memphis is 9-7, The Clippers won 4 games against +.500 teams in their 17 game win streak, they've lost back to back since, both to +.500 teams.

Point being it isn't really a big deal right now, We beat OKC & Memphis and nearly beat the heat with our B Team and GSW is 11-4 against +.500 and but that doesn't make them better than us.

RD2191
01-03-2013, 09:52 PM
you guys defending the spurs are delusional, the spurs have yet to beat a good team this season. same ol spurs getting the 1 seed by beating garbage teams. who have we beat this season? no one. these games matter to at least make a statement.

Brunodf
01-03-2013, 09:54 PM
you guys defending the spurs are delusional, the spurs have yet to beat a good team this season. same ol spurs getting the 1 seed by beating garbage teams. who have we beat this season? no one. these games matter to at least make a statement.

:lol Dumb comment.
Spurs has the toughest schedule than any other top 5 team

DejuanorwhatDude
01-03-2013, 09:54 PM

How many playoff games have the Knicks won again in the past 10 years?

TE
01-03-2013, 09:56 PM
:lol Dumb comment.
Spurs has the toughest schedule than any other top 5 team
Up to this point in the season?

I'd like to see the link with this stat out of curiousity...

spurtech09
01-03-2013, 09:56 PM

2-6
Thunder 1-1
Grizzlies 1-0
Clippers 0-2
Knicks 0-2
Heat 0-1

its the end of the world:(

DejuanorwhatDude
01-03-2013, 09:57 PM

And lol @ Miami having size. New York catches San Antonio off double back to backs and starts thumping their chest...what a joke. I saw nothing out of New York but an old as fuck team thats gonna get assraped by Miami.

rascal
01-03-2013, 09:57 PM
And the two wins they have are by a combined 6 total points and both at home. No denying the Spurs have not played well against the elite(top 5) in the league.

TE
01-03-2013, 10:00 PM
Yeah, I don't know where the "Miami has size" came out of. They employ a small ball lineup with Lebron playing PF and Bosh at the C. :lol

cd021
01-03-2013, 10:00 PM

You mean Pitman, Anthony, Rashard Lewis, Haslem, & Bosh?
Yea...I'd roll with Duncan, Splitter, Jackson, & Diaw any day of the week. Miami's big man rotation is a joke after Bosh & Haslem and maybe Lewis on a good day. They're dead last in rebounding and have seen their efficiency defensively land slide from 4th last season to 18th this season. The Spurs have jumped from 11th to 5th.

The Spurs are capable of winning a championship, I have know idea why you think this roster can't beat any team ,when healthy. Miami has seen Wade's scoring numbers drop from 30ppg to 20ppg over the last 5 seasons. He isn't the same player and Lebron is forced to pull the bulk of the load on offense.

spurtech09
01-03-2013, 10:01 PM
And the two wins they have are by a combined 6 total points and both at home. No denying the Spurs have not played well against the elite(top 5) in the league.
spurs playing possum :)

Cry Havoc
01-03-2013, 10:02 PM
Up to this point in the season?

I'd like to see the link with this stat out of curiousity...

Yes.

http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/powerrankings/_/sort/sos

Not hard to figure out on your own if you'd do research instead of panicking.

rascal
01-03-2013, 10:02 PM
The Spurs have the softest front line of the top teams in the league.

spurtech09
01-03-2013, 10:03 PM
And lol @ Miami having size. New York catches San Antonio off double back to backs and starts thumping their chest...what a joke. I saw nothing out of New York but an old as fuck team thats gonna get assraped by Miami.
Lmao ha ha ha!!!!!!!

DejuanorwhatDude
01-03-2013, 10:03 PM
Honestly, who cares about this game? What does this say about the Spurs? They can't shoot when they're tired? The variables that go into these games are not worth looking at. I'm not saying its a great stat to have, but this team will really start rounding into form in March.

TE
01-03-2013, 10:05 PM
Yes.

http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/powerrankings/_/sort/sos

Not hard to figure out on your own if you'd do research instead of panicking.

Spurs have the fifth toughest SOS up to this point in the season (according to the link you've provided).

I haven't panicked. It's a January game that was the 4th in 5 nights tbh.

Cry Havoc
01-03-2013, 10:07 PM
Spurs have the fifth toughest SOS up to this point in the season (according to the link you've provided).

I haven't panicked. It's a January game that was the 4th in 5 nights tbh.

Yes. And who are the teams above them? The Nuggets, Hornets, Rockets, and Kings. Those teams sound like contenders to you?

rascal
01-03-2013, 10:08 PM
Spurs have the worst point differential against these top teams.

rascal
01-03-2013, 10:08 PM
Honestly, who cares about this game? What does this say about the Spurs? They can't shoot when they're tired? The variables that go into these games are not worth looking at. I'm not saying its a great stat to have, but this team will really start rounding into form in March.

It is not only this game. I am seeing a pattern.

FkLA
01-03-2013, 10:10 PM

And they were up by like 12 against NY with 6 mins left in San Antonio. Game they shouldve won. The Clippers game in San Antonio we lost by like 3-4 points IIRC. Its really not that big of a deal imo, especially in early January.

Getting blown out on the road vs elite teams is nothing new, thats been happening for a couple of years.

spurtech09
01-03-2013, 10:11 PM

still plenty of games to be played....will see the results at the end of the season....

spurtech09
01-03-2013, 10:12 PM
And they were up by like 12 against NY with 6 mins left in San Antonio. Game they shouldve won. The Clippers game in San Antonio we lost by like 3-4 points IIRC. Its really not that big of a deal imo, especially in early January.

Getting blown out on the road vs elite teams is nothing new, thats been happening for a couple of years.also b2b games

Johnny RIngo
01-03-2013, 10:13 PM

2-6
Thunder 1-1
Grizzlies 1-0
Clippers 0-2
Knicks 0-2
Heat 0-1

The Heat game was a tank job so it's not relevant to the discussion. Neither is the second Knicks game(away back-to-back on top of four games in five nights). Being 1-1 against the Thunder is encouraging seeing as they're leading the NBA at the moment. The biggest concern are the Clippers games - SA hasn't looked good at all against them and there's a large possibility we could play them in the post-season.

TE
01-03-2013, 10:13 PM
Yes. And who are the teams above them? The Nuggets, Hornets, Rockets, and Kings. Those teams sound like contenders to you?

ah shit I misread the post I originally quoted. It happens...:lol

Reck
01-03-2013, 10:20 PM
:lol Dumb dumb dumb, taking conclusions from a tired spurs team playing 4 games in 5 nights :lmao

Spurs is top 5 in defensive and offensive ratings :lol

Keep playing the back to back and tired card. Because of course that works wonderfully for them every year. :lol

This team has proven time and again they cant contend come playoff time. Stats count for nothing in the playoffs.

Teams adjust during the playoffs, Spurs seem not to like they think what they have would be enough. Same thinking has gotten them ass fucked the past 2 years.

You mean Pitman, Anthony, Rashard Lewis, Haslem, & Bosh?
Yea...I'd roll with Duncan, Splitter, Jackson, & Diaw any day of the week. Miami's big man rotation is a joke after Bosh & Haslem and maybe Lewis on a good day. They're dead last in rebounding and have seen their efficiency defensively land slide from 4th last season to 18th this season. The Spurs have jumped from 11th to 5th.

The Spurs are capable of winning a championship, I have know idea why you think this roster can't beat any team ,when healthy. Miami has seen Wade's scoring numbers drop from 30ppg to 20ppg over the last 5 seasons. He isn't the same player and Lebron is forced to pull the bulk of the load on offense.

And that is why this team is going nowhere anytime soon.

Depending on Splitter, Diaw and to an extent Jackson is a joke in itself.

Jax gets injured by the slightest mistep so I wouldn't count on him to be there when it counts.

Miami rotation is not the best, hell is nowhere near that but they chip in when it matters and yes I would take theirs over the joke lineup in Splitter+Diaw+Jackson just based on the fact that their "joke" rotation already have a championship while this one has been trying 3 years running and nothing to show for it.

ElNono
01-03-2013, 10:21 PM
http://shanehipps.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/FoolsGold.jpg

Creation88
01-03-2013, 10:27 PM

too bad those 4 games didn't take away 4 of the loses to these elite teams.

the fact is that when the Spurs go up against the NBA's best they have not performed. take away the Heat game but while you're at it take away the OKC game, as it was the 2nd game of the season and they were barely getting use to being without Harden.

Creation88
01-03-2013, 10:28 PM
oh and i believe the Grizzlies were on a back to back when we beat them. what else do you guys want to discount?

slick'81
01-03-2013, 10:29 PM
spurs got stomped get over it

atleast we dont have to worry about being regular seasons champs this time around

RD2191
01-03-2013, 10:31 PM
creation88 might be the only person on here who gets it

spurraider21
01-03-2013, 10:32 PM
the only pattern i see is we are vulnerable on back to backs and when we have 4 games in 5 nights.

Spur|n|Austin
01-03-2013, 10:33 PM

jump off a cliff

rascal
01-03-2013, 10:33 PM
the only pattern i see is we are vulnerable on back to backs and when we have 4 games in 5 nights.

All the losses on back to backs.

rascal
01-03-2013, 10:35 PM
oh and i believe the Grizzlies were on a back to back when we beat them. what else do you guys want to discount?

They needed a last second shot to get one of the wins. Splitter- Bonner- Diaw frontline lol

Jumi
01-03-2013, 10:36 PM
:rollin

Johnny RIngo
01-03-2013, 10:37 PM

Jax gets injured by the slightest mistep so I wouldn't count on him to be there when it counts.

Miami rotation is not the best, hell is nowhere near that but they chip in when it matters and yes I would take theirs over the joke lineup in Splitter+Diaw+Jackson just based on the fact that their "joke" rotation already have a championship while this one has been trying 3 years running and nothing to show for it.

Miami isn't going to beat us because their bench is THAT much better than our bench. They'd beat us because their first option on offense(Lebron) is much better than our first option(Parker). That's no slight against Parker either - it's just the nature of the game. Point guards don't lead teams to championships.

FkLA
01-03-2013, 10:38 PM
Teams adjust during the playoffs, Spurs seem not to like they think what they have would be enough. Same thinking has gotten them ass fucked the past 2 years.

The team was 2 wins away from the Finals last year and was riding like a 20 game winning streak, dumbass. They went toe to toe with OKC. That would hardly be considered an ass fucking.

Theyre playing better defense. Timmy looks rejuvenated. Tiago is a bigger part of the team. Not saying theyre a lock to win the West, but to say the have absolutely no shot is just stupid considering how close they were just a season ago.

RD2191
01-03-2013, 10:40 PM
fkla is a delusional fan. what have the spurs done this season to make you think they will get past the 2nd round? can you point to a signature win? hmmmm. didn't think so.

dunkman
01-03-2013, 10:40 PM
It's not a good sign, but regular season is practice most of all. Specially this early. Neither of the big 3 played more than 23 minutes.

ElNono
01-03-2013, 10:42 PM
can you point to a signature win?

:cry moral victory against the Heat :cry

Jumi
01-03-2013, 10:44 PM
They've kicked alotta ass!!! That's what they've done! Are you cats serious? We're second round fodder for whom exactly?

Paranoid Pop
01-03-2013, 10:47 PM
The team was 2 wins away from the Finals last year and was riding like a 20 game winning streak, dumbass. They went toe to toe with OKC. That would hardly be considered an ass fucking.

Theyre playing better defense. Timmy looks rejuvenated. Tiago is a bigger part of the team. Not saying theyre a lock to win the West, but to say the have absolutely no shot is just stupid considering how close they were just a season ago.

It's not the same team with Tiago starting. Besides Pop realized there was a problem with the guard rotation vs the Thunder last year but still rolled with the same guards rotation this year...

BillMc
01-03-2013, 10:48 PM
Miami isn't going to beat us because their bench is THAT much better than our bench. They'd beat us because their first option on offense(Lebron) is much better than our first option(Parker). That's no slight against Parker either - it's just the nature of the game. Point guards don't lead teams to championships.

I agree with you that Lebron is better than Tony. But point guards can lead teams to championships - Magic Johnson, Isiah Thomas, and even Chauncy Billups. Also, Jason Kidd took the Nets to two finals when he was their best player. If the Clippers somehow get through it will be because of Chris Paul. So it is possible.

cd021
01-03-2013, 11:03 PM
Keep playing the back to back and tired card. Because of course that works wonderfully for them every year. :lol

This team has proven time and again they cant contend come playoff time. Stats count for nothing in the playoffs.

Transitioning from an aging defensive team to a juggernaunt offensive team in 2 1/3 seasons is pretty remarkable. Duncan has been able to extend his career by second option while the team has won 136 games out of the last 182 regular season games (74.7%)

Manu was playing with an broken arm in the 2010 playoffs against team that had a ton of length and inside scoring. In 2011 we lost 4 games by an average of 6.5 pts in the WCF after winning the 1st 10 games of the post season. Your logic that the Spurs are regular season team is illogical. Green was essentially a rookie, Kawhi had a great WCF and actually was a rookie.

Splitter was a redshirt rookie (he seldom played in 2010) and has been more Jackson shook off the 30% 3pt he had prior to the playoffs to shoot 61.5 3pt in the post season including 13 of 22 in the final 4 games of the WCF. He rolled his ankle (I didn't see it yet but thats what ive been able to understand) Its basketball it happens pretty easily. Rose tore his ACL after pro hopping in the lane ,something he's done hundreds of times.

To say Miami's rotation is not the best is an understatement, i'm not willing to let slide. Anthony is inept on offense and can't play more than 12-15 without becoming a burden on the other 4 players who need to offset his lack of production.

Pitman is barely a player in this league. Lewis, aside from floor spacing, isn't much help to say to they least. He is the teams 2nd tallest player but can't board, something they desperately need.

Bosh was out rebounded last night by Wade and Lebron (who had 10 & 12 compared to his 4) despite the fact that he is mostly playing center. Haslem is good but can't really defend bigger forwards and can't board enough to help with their rebounding problems and can't score in the post or create his own shot His P.E.R of 9.1 ,should help drive the point home about their rotation.

Chalmers is inconsistent, Miller constantly looks like he's playing through an injury and has not nearly lived up to his contract. Allen isn't nearly the defender he was a couple of years ago and can be a liability on the wing.

Splitter has a P.E.R higher than than everyone of Miami big men except Bosh, Jacksons P.E.R is higher than Haslems and Diaw, Bonner, & Blair all have better P.E.R's than any of Miami's big man rotation save for Bosh. As a whole Miami has only 4 players who have an above average P.E.R (15 or better) the Spurs have 5 with 4 of them with an P.E.R better than 20 (all star caliber).

Miami won a championship despite struggling through a joke of an conference (they trailed in every series they played) while the Spurs went 10-0 before losing 3 close games against a tough OKC team in a tough conference. Not winning a championship in 2 seasons doesn't prove a damn thing the spurs didn't win for three seasons after 1999, by your logic they were a regular season team then too.

None of your points are even remotely accurate.

RD2191
01-03-2013, 11:07 PM
^^^^sorry bro but the spurs are garbage, 2nd round exit

TheSkeptic
01-03-2013, 11:19 PM
It's not the same team with Tiago starting. Besides Pop realized there was a problem with the guard rotation vs the Thunder last year but still rolled with the same guards rotation this year...

I think so. The big rotation has finally worked itself out but the guards are becoming an issue now because Manu/Neal are handling the ball too much and microball with Green at the 3 is a disaster against good teams. Don't even get me started on the situation with De Colo and Mills.

The other problem with this is that our second unit is too perimeter-oriented with guys like Neal or Mills running the show. When players like Manu or Neal miss their shots like tonight, our bench just can't produce. When Neal is the primary ball-handler things get worse because he doesn't seem to know when to stop shooting. For that reason Pop may need to start matching up De Colo with Green or telling Manu to let De Colo run the sets. His decision making seems better than Neal's and he doesn't seem as turnover prone when he's comfortable. Perhaps guaranteed minutes can get some of that inexperience off.

I mean against some teams you can play Diaw at the 5, the no ball handlers line-up, or let Neal/Manu run the point and still win because the Spurs are that good. Against teams like New York or LAC, however, that's just asking for trouble. I've been a pretty happy fan this year but if there's one thing that could hurt the Spurs in the playoffs, Green at the 3 and the back-up point situation would be it.

disciple
01-03-2013, 11:25 PM

2-6
Thunder 1-1
Grizzlies 1-0
Clippers 0-2
Knicks 0-2
Heat 0-1

Six of these are back to backs.

Jumi
01-03-2013, 11:28 PM
I think so. The big rotation has finally worked itself out but the guards are becoming an issue now because Manu/Neal are handling the ball too much and microball with Green at the 3 is a disaster against good teams. Don't even get me started on the situation with De Colo and Mills.

The other problem with this is that our second unit is too perimeter-oriented with guys like Neal or Mills running the show. When players like Manu or Neal miss their shots like tonight, our bench just can't produce. When Neal is the primary ball-handler things get worse because he doesn't seem to know when to stop shooting. For that reason Pop may need to start matching up De Colo with Green or telling Manu to let De Colo run the sets. His decision making seems better than Neal's and he doesn't seem as turnover prone when he's comfortable. Perhaps guaranteed minutes can get some of that inexperience off.

I mean against some teams you can play Diaw at the 5, the no ball handlers line-up, or let Neal/Manu run the point and still win because the Spurs are that good. Against teams like New York or LAC, however, that's just asking for trouble. I've been a pretty happy fan this year but if there's one thing that could hurt the Spurs in the playoffs, Green at the 3 and the back-up point situation would be it.

With more than a third of the season done, I'd expected the backup pg situation to be resolved. No one has stepped up and earned the spot. It's time for Pop to make a choice and distribute the minutes accordingly. I'd say throw De Colo in the fire and let him learn as he goes. Green at backup SF is a trainwreck waiting to happen. He tries his best, he's just not any good at that position on a regular basis.

Fuzzy Dunlop
01-03-2013, 11:30 PM
i strongly agree with the OP. the spurs will be up to their usual choking when the playoffs come around.

TheSkeptic
01-03-2013, 11:32 PM
With more than a third of the season done, I'd expected the backup pg situation to be resolved. No one has stepped up and earned the spot. It's time for Pop to make a choice and distribute the minutes accordingly. I'd say throw De Colo in the fire and let him learn as he goes. Green at backup SF is a trainwreck waiting to happen. He tries his best, he's just not any good at that position on a regular basis.

That's what makes it so painful actually. If De Colo or Mills had played better this wouldn't even be up for debate. At this point I'm just thinking that the true pg should get the nod over Mills because, frankly, Neal is already out there.

Agreed on Green.

td4mvp21
01-03-2013, 11:47 PM
This is true. Obviously fatigue and injuries are factors in those six losses, but it's still pretty concerning to me. To compare, NY is 4-1, MIA is 2-4, LAC is 4-1, and OKC is 2-3. The Spurs have the worst record out of the bunch. The "it's January/regular season" excuse was only legitimate when the Spurs had a championship team IMO. This team doesn't have that resume.

Boomersgold
01-04-2013, 12:20 AM
That's what makes it so painful actually. If De Colo or Mills had played better this wouldn't even be up for debate. At this point I'm just thinking that the true pg should get the nod over Mills because, frankly, Neal is already out there.

Agreed on Green.

Neal and Mills may have similar playing styles in the fact that they are shoot-first point guards, but Mills has a lot of skills that makes him an upgrade over Neal.

1. Patty's probably the quickest guy on the team (maybe excluding Parker). Whilst both Neal and Mills aren't as good as De Colo at dribbling the ball, Mills' speed makes it easier for him to take it up to half court as opposed to Neal who can barely get it over half court. His speed also allows him to stay in front of quicker guards, something that Neal struggles to do.

2. Mills also passes a lot more than Neal, which makes him more like the typical point guard. Even though he's not good at it, Mills will sometimes try to run a pick and roll with Bonner, Duncan, Diaw and Splitter. When Neal's in the game, he puts up shots at a very high rate and almost never looks to create a play for any of his teammates. That wouldn't be a problem if his shots are going in, but they aren't.

3. Whenever he's in the game, he brings energy to the Spurs and is a great teammate.

You can't say that we shouldn't give Mills a try based on the fact that Neal, someone who has a similar playing style, has proved ineffective as the backup pg. I'd give both Mills and De Colo a chance and then judge based on what they bring to the table in meaningful minutes.

99 Problems
01-04-2013, 12:58 AM
Very interesting today how Pop used Millsanity for five plus minutes before the half.
Showed some trust in the big game at the garden, went into the half only a couple down? Kidd? Slowing down maybe trying to exploit? Played some good D in that five minutes. ???

By time Mills returned I think we were 17 down, and Nando followed moments later, so game had bolted by then and the day was already lost.

Kidd K
01-04-2013, 01:31 AM

2-6
Thunder 1-1
Grizzlies 1-0
Clippers 0-2
Knicks 0-2
Heat 0-1

Irrelavant stat because:

Clippers losses: One was a legit loss, but it was @LA and early in the season, the other was without Leonard and with Jackson getting hurt early. We still barely lost.

Thunder loss was part of a brb, @OKC, and was without Leonard and Ginobili.

Heat loss was 4th game in 5 nights and our best 5 guys didn't play. Still barely lost.

one loss vs Knicks was 4th game in 5 nights and @NY. Other loss was legit, but only 4 point game and early in the season.

Most of the losses were irrelevant and not indicative of anything. These numbers will even out as the season goes along. 4th game in 5 nights losses never mean anything imo. Especially when they're on the road too.

Ice009
01-04-2013, 01:47 AM

It was a pathetic performance. Absolutely abysmal performance. The 4 games in 5 nights excuse is for faggots.

Sean Cagney
01-04-2013, 01:57 AM
Here we go with this dumb crap, first half of the season and now we are not good against the BEST! 26-9 with the horrible schedule we have had and now it's over! Spurs fans are spoiled idiots at times, period. I would love to see anyone of these teams stay on top this long and have the Run the Spurs have, yet you idiots pick on them as if they are some bad horrible team! I swear to GOD. :rollin

Cry Havoc
01-04-2013, 02:03 AM
It was a pathetic performance. Absolutely abysmal performance. The 4 games in 5 nights excuse is for faggots.

:lol u mad?

DJB
01-04-2013, 02:14 AM
Timmy will lead us tbh. Manu will have his back too. :lobt2:

Is this a serious comment? Manu ain't getting anybody's back. Dude's old as fuck.

Ice009
01-04-2013, 02:22 AM
:lol u mad?

Well I just finished watching the game a few minutes ago, so yeah, I am a little mad. It's actually the first game in a very long time where I didn't watch it through to the end. The Spurs were just that bad out there.

The Spurs and the fans need to stop using the 4 games in 5 nights excuse. I wouldn't have been anywhere near as mad if the Spurs competed, but they got the floor wiped with their asses.

Cry Havoc
01-04-2013, 02:23 AM
Is this a serious comment? Manu ain't getting anybody's back. Dude's old as fuck.

:lol yeah, the dude is only averaging 16ppg with 5+ assists and 2.5+ steals in ~23 minutes on 58% shooting in the prior 5 games before tonight. Let's just trade him. :lol :lol :lol

Cry Havoc
01-04-2013, 02:26 AM
The Spurs and the fans need to stop using the 4 games in 5 nights excuse.

Why? Are they not human beings who tire out like anyone else? Do we not have one of the oldest cores in the league? Why isn't fatigue allowed for an NBA team with several players over 30? You talk a lot of smack about being tireless, what do you do for work that you are able to perform at an all-world level for hours per day, almost every day of your life?

Boomersgold
01-04-2013, 02:26 AM
:lol yeah, the dude is only averaging 16ppg with 5+ assists and 2.5+ steals in ~23 minutes on 58% shooting in the prior 5 games before tonight. Let's just trade him. :lol :lol :lol

He's also making 13 million dollars a year. Trading him isn't out of the question. :bang

EDIT:Ginobili's making 14 million dollars a year.

Cry Havoc
01-04-2013, 02:27 AM
He's also making 13 million dollars a year. Trading him isn't out of the question. :bang

Only a moron would think that for all the years we've had Manu that he hasn't been a BARGAIN for the production we've gotten out of him. God damn, if you had any more of a "what have you done lately?" attitude you'd be asking for handjobs in response to your Spurstalk posts.

Boomersgold
01-04-2013, 02:34 AM
Only a moron would think that for all the years we've had Manu that he hasn't been a BARGAIN for the production we've gotten out of him. God damn, if you had any more of a "what have you done lately?" attitude you'd be asking for handjobs in response to your Spurstalk posts.

lol. I'm starting to get the vibe that you're a troll.

"Let's ignore Neal's shot selection. Who cares if he's missing them."

Manu's been a great performer for the Spurs, but he's at lower end of his career. He's old, doesn't have the explosiveness that he used to have, and isn't producing anything near what is expected of someone who's getting paid 13 million dollars a year. There's very little chance that he'll end up being traded, but trading him isn't necessarily a bad thing for the Spurs. Rather than be a troll and argue with everyone's opinions in a nonsensical manner, try to find something to backup your own points.

OrEmuN
01-04-2013, 02:37 AM
So history has shown that regular season matters to playoffs?
We owned OKC last year and it didn't goes well, isn't it?

Cry Havoc
01-04-2013, 02:40 AM

Rather than be a troll and argue with everyone's opinions in a nonsensical manner, try to find something to backup your own points.

God damn son, I don't mean to be such a troll, but can you even read?

Boomersgold
01-04-2013, 02:43 AM
God damn son, I don't mean to be such a troll, but can you even read?

I didn't say that Ginobili SHOULD be traded. I said that trading him isn't completely out of the question. He's played well these past few games, and I'd like to see him continue this high level production.

OrEmuN
01-04-2013, 02:44 AM
Of course regular season matters a lot to playoff historically !!
Just look at last season, we owned the Thunders in regular seasons and won the Western Conf Finals against them easily!
Oops, that didn't work out well....

Cry Havoc
01-04-2013, 02:44 AM
"Let's ignore Neal's shot selection. Who cares if he's missing them."

As opposed to the school of thought you hail from, which seems to be, "OH MY GOD NEAL IS 3/8 HES RUINING THIS TEAM." And instantly wants him shipped out the minute he takes an in rhythm 3 pointer with more than 5 seconds left on the shot clock. :lol :lol :lol :lol

I play basketball....

:lmao :lmao :lmao

Cry Havoc
01-04-2013, 02:45 AM
and isn't producing anything near what is expected of someone who's getting paid 13 million dollars a year.

I'd like to see him continue this high level production.

Sooo, do you want me to step out of this conversation and just let you argue with yourself? I can. That's easier for me if you'd prefer. :lol

Boomersgold
01-04-2013, 02:46 AM
As opposed to the school of thought you hail from, which seems to be, "OH MY GOD NEAL IS 3/8 HES RUINING THIS TEAM." And instantly wants him shipped out the minute he takes an in rhythm 3 pointer with more than 5 seconds left on the shot clock. :lol :lol :lol :lol

:lmao :lmao :lmao

I never said that we should trade Neal because of his poor performance tonight. Makin' shit up again, it seems. :lmao

Boomersgold
01-04-2013, 02:47 AM
I never said that we should trade Neal because of his poor performance tonight. Makin' shit up again, it seems. :lmao

Gary Neal D+
Struggled handling the ball. Struggled passing it. Struggled shooting. Struggled defending. Out of sync.

Mate, stop trolling.

Boomersgold
01-04-2013, 02:48 AM
Sooo, do you want me to step out of this conversation and just let you argue with yourself? I can. That's easier for me if you'd prefer. :lol

I think it's more a reading comprehension fail.

Paranoid Pop
01-04-2013, 02:52 AM
Cry Havoc, do you think we overachieved last year? If you do like Pop then why are you arguing that we're are better than what our record with top teams indicates? We just came back to our real level by Pop's logic, if getting to the WCF was a fluke then this year I'm not sure why Popologists hope for a good run in the PO, getting a coach who thinks he can win it all would be a good start. I may be a pessimist/realist in most of my comments but I think we could win it all with some tweaks. I think they choked last year, not that they overachieved and I do think Pop is overly rigid about his ideas, see the way he chooses to defend Melo or the guard rotation and I really question that we have a shot to win with him.

Cry Havoc
01-04-2013, 03:28 AM
I think it's more a reading comprehension fail.

Manu's 2012-13 Season
PPG 12.3
APG 4.7
RPG 3.6
PER 20.29

Man. He's just HORRIBLE. A PER over 20. This guy is killing the Spurs.

rmt
01-04-2013, 04:02 AM
Yes, they were tired and flat with the 4 games in 5 nights but what concerned me is way the team falls apart when there are decent defenders (Chandler, Camby) in the paint. TP and TD are neutralized and the whole team which feeds off 3pointers from TP's penetration or TD post play is completely out of whack. Same thing is going to happen in the playoffs - teams like Memphis will pack the paint and that free-flowing offense will disintegrate. Manu penetrating is a likely turnover and it seems like no one else (save Neal) can hit a shot that's not a 3 pointer.

Proxy
01-04-2013, 04:13 AM

Logically explain to us how 4 games in 5 nights shouldn't factor into any of this. Please.

biskvito
01-04-2013, 05:46 AM
Logically explain to us how 4 games in 5 nights shouldn't factor into any of this. Please.

also explain Pop playing Neal all night on PG instead of giving a rested true PG like De Colo a chance to develop his game... was he trying to develop Neal's "clutchness"? Spurs shot .265 for an abysmal 9-34 3pt shots... tired? give talented rested young players a chance to play! Even Splitter would appreciate playing with someone who can make actual plays instead of shooting brick after brick...

Spurs da champs
01-04-2013, 05:58 AM

That's such a shitty fallback, they're professionals, if they get tired from that, then they shouldn't be in the league.

Now logically look at the Spur's ineptness against the elite teams; the Clippers, Thunder (1st game honestly didn't prove much, since they just got Martin), Knicks & Heat.

And you'll clearly see it has nothing do with the schedule, the Spurs are just inferior.

DapDaGenius
01-04-2013, 06:21 AM
I can't believe you guys haven't noticed by now. The Spurs are using the strategy from the "Art of War":

"Appear weak when you are strong" - Sun Tzu

The Spurs are purposely losing games against the NBA's "best", so they can surprise them with their true potential in the playoffs. Pop has also openly stated that the reason he has kept Blair around is so he can use him as a sacrifice in a ritual, that is going to be performed at the end of the regular season. The ritual's purpose is to "Spurs Curse" the team that beats us in the playoffs(in case we don't we it all.), if you beat us...you don't win. Spurs Curse, Spurs Curse, Spurs Curse.

spurspokesman
01-04-2013, 09:15 AM

I agree that miami will molest them but that there was no excuse for laying a stinker like that.

Cry Havoc
01-04-2013, 01:13 PM
That's such a shitty fallback, they're professionals, if they get tired from that, then they shouldn't be in the league.

Now logically look at the Spur's ineptness against the elite teams; the Clippers, Thunder (1st game honestly didn't prove much, since they just got Martin), Knicks & Heat.

And you'll clearly see it has nothing do with the schedule, the Spurs are just inferior.

:lmao

Hardest record among contenders in the league.

Best record in the league.

exstatic
01-04-2013, 01:18 PM

2-6
Thunder 1-1
Grizzlies 1-0
Clippers 0-2
Knicks 0-2
Heat 0-1

Heat game shouldn't count. We almost beat them without the Big Three. Clips games were both very early in the year. Thunder loss was without Kawhi, and Jack barely back.

Spurstalk pathology: if we win in the regular season, it's fools gold. If someone else beats us, we have no chance to beat them in the playoffs. :rolleyes

smeagol
01-04-2013, 01:41 PM

Have you EVER said anything POSITIVE about the Spurs?

exstatic
01-04-2013, 01:49 PM
Have you EVER said anything POSITIVE about the Spurs?

I've been here since the beginning, and the answer to your question is NEVER.

Cry Havoc
01-04-2013, 02:01 PM

Going by robdiaz retarded logic, the Heat have lost to the Knicks twice, Warriors, Clippers, and Grizzlies while the only contenders they beat were the Thunder and Big 3-less Spurs.

The Thunder have lost to the Heat, Grizzlies, and Spurs and have beaten the Spurs and Clippers.

The Clippers win streak was only against non-contenders. To date, they've only beaten the Heat and Grizzlies.

The Spurs have beaten the Thunder and Grizzlies. They've lost twice to the Clips, twice to the Knicks, and once to the Thunder and Heat.

Yeah, the Spurs really are trash even though they've won as much games against the contenders as much as OKC, LA, and Miami have. Again, this is a pointless stat, but so is rob's argument.

Spurs da champs
01-04-2013, 02:53 PM
Just because you lack the intelligence to make your own argument doesn't mean the one you picked is any better.

The Spurs have had fools gold the last 2 years of great records andvthe difference between the Spurs & Heat/Thunder is they have the 2 best players in the league dumb ass!

DejuanorwhatDude
01-05-2013, 12:00 AM
Just because you lack the intelligence to make your own argument doesn't mean the one you picked is any better.

The Spurs have had fools gold the last 2 years of great records andvthe difference between the Spurs & Heat/Thunder is they have the 2 best players in the league dumb ass!

Ok. It's over.

No need to watch. But seriously, outside of OKC and Miami, every other team just has to honest to God pray that they pay their best come May. Expecting anything else is ridiculous.

Sean Cagney
01-05-2013, 12:47 AM
Ok. It's over.

No need to watch. But seriously, outside of OKC and Miami, every other team just has to honest to God pray that they pay their best come May. Expecting anything else is ridiculous.
Yep.

polandprzem
01-05-2013, 06:12 AM
At this moment there is Miami, NY, OKC LAC and Mem which are better then the spurs when it comes to playoffs

biskvito
01-05-2013, 06:17 AM
Nets looked really legit against OKC with Durant playing at home. Maybe it was a fluke, but I was impressed.

chapnis
01-05-2013, 06:49 AM
At this moment there is Miami, NY, OKC LAC and Mem which are better then the spurs when it comes to playoffs
The Grizzlies, who have made it past the first round once in the teams history are better than the Spurs when it comes to playoffs? Try again.

polandprzem
01-05-2013, 06:53 AM
The Grizzlies, who have made it past the first round once in the teams history are better than the Spurs when it comes to playoffs? Try again.

Well yes ofcourse the history does have a meaning in this situation :rolleyes

SpursIndonesia
01-05-2013, 10:10 AM

Miami & OKC, sure. The Clips ? might be. Memphis & NY ? Sharing the same boat with the Spurs.

polandprzem
01-05-2013, 11:14 AM
all in all it's hard to tell if the spurs has any chance beating okc and mia, but they can play on equal with the other, correct.
But the spurs are vulnerable to other teams gameplans and physique

hater
01-05-2013, 11:39 AM
at this moment the Spurs lose to the Clips and OKC easily in the playoffs. They have a chance vs. eveyone else.

Of course all this is moot since nobody will beat lebron this year. what a waste of time by all tbh

Bill_Brasky
01-05-2013, 12:28 PM
Nets looked really legit against OKC with Durant playing at home. Maybe it was a fluke, but I was impressed.

That game was the definition of a fluke win.

Proxy
01-06-2013, 04:32 AM
at this moment the Spurs lose to the Clips and OKC easily in the playoffs. They have a chance vs. eveyone else.

Of course all this is moot since nobody will beat lebron this year. what a waste of time by all tbh

Seems overly dramatic to fall in love with the Clipper's streak and two early season wins when SA swept them when it counted.

What measuring stick do we have to claim any reasonable prediction of an OKC rematch sans Harden when one game was the opener and the other had SA playing without a SF?

Creation88
01-11-2013, 10:49 PM
2-7
Thunder 1-1
Grizzlies 1-1
Clippers 0-2
Knicks 0-2
Heat 0-1 (no TTMG)

Chris
01-11-2013, 10:50 PM
:rolleyes

Creation88
01-11-2013, 10:51 PM
i know it's frustrating

:rolleyes

Sean Cagney
01-11-2013, 10:51 PM
Once again they SUCK, blew this damn game when they were up 4 with the ball in the 4th, started missing alot and choking.

HI-FI
01-11-2013, 10:52 PM
sad but true thread

Danny.Zhu
lol Spurs

timtonymanu
:rolleyes this thread

justinandimcool
01-11-2013, 10:53 PM
just because the thread is unnecessary doesn't mean OP is wrong, tbh.

Creation88
01-11-2013, 10:54 PM
truth hurts.

Buddy Holly
01-11-2013, 10:55 PM
We've beat this team twice this season. Get the hell over it. It's a regular season loss. It happens.

benefactor
01-11-2013, 10:56 PM
truth hurts.
Kinda like looking in the mirror and realizing how much of a faggot you are.

Sean Cagney
01-11-2013, 11:00 PM
We've beat this team twice this season. Get the hell over it. It's a regular season loss. It happens.

WE beat them once so far, but we have a few left. Spurs blew this game here, they had it IMO and played well until very late in the game.

Malik Hairston
01-11-2013, 11:00 PM
The Spurs with Duncan playing at a superstar level are contenders

spurtech09
01-11-2013, 11:01 PM
Idk but I just hope spurs blowout the grizz when the spurs play them again at home.....spurs better bring it

spurtech09
01-11-2013, 11:02 PM
WE beat them once so far, but we have a few left. Spurs blew this game here, they had it IMO and played well until very late in the game.
hope its just tired legs....

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-11-2013, 11:07 PM
I couldn't give a shit that we're not beating good teams in January.

What matters is whether we start beating good teams after the ASB.

spurtech09
01-11-2013, 11:11 PM
I couldn't give a shit that we're not beating good teams in January.

What matters is whether we start beating good teams after the ASB.will the spurs beat a good team ever again this season?

RD2191
01-11-2013, 11:13 PM
what the fuck are some of you guys on? is timmy getting younger? is the team getting better? what makes you think we can beat them after the asb when we cant even beat them now? other teams will also be playing better by then. smh

TDMVPDPOY
01-11-2013, 11:16 PM
will the spurs beat a good team ever again this season?

the question is can they even beat a good team in a 7 game series, lol battle tested my ass...

lose to good teams, beat bad teams by wide margin to mark their authority...bunch of misleading team stats of where this team is at

Buddy Holly
01-11-2013, 11:16 PM

Edit: never mind. Thinking of another team.

Reck
01-11-2013, 11:20 PM
So beating a contender team in january is no big deal but beating them a month later is? Fucking idiotic logic right there.

And even if they do start beating contenders and serious teams after the all star break that will do you no good because in the playoffs Spurs will fold.

Team has been together too long with no changes or progress imo. This team is not going further than the first round.

Sean Cagney
01-11-2013, 11:22 PM
hope its just tired legs....

I guess man, they are old and have played alot so far. I hope they get better as the year goes on when the schedule is better.

Sean Cagney
01-11-2013, 11:23 PM
Edit: never mind. Thinking of another team.

Ehhhhhhhhhhh no we did not beat them twice this year. We have played them once at home and now today.

Buddy Holly
01-11-2013, 11:23 PM
what the fuck are some of you guys on? is timmy getting younger? is the team getting better? what makes you think we can beat them after the asb when we cant even beat them now? other teams will also be playing better by then. smh

Great logic. Why even play the 2007 finals. Why not just award the Cavs the title since they swept us in the regular season.

Stupid fan logic is stupid fan logic.

RD2191
01-11-2013, 11:24 PM
we had a prime tim then assbag

spurtech09
01-11-2013, 11:36 PM
I guess man, they are old and have played alot so far. I hope they get better as the year goes on when the schedule is better.agree

Buddy Holly
01-11-2013, 11:37 PM
we had a prime tim then assbag

Assbag? Ok, 12 year old.

That wasn't your point idiot. Btw, spurs would beat Memphis in a seven game series. I'm as sure of that as I am that you're still a virgin.

RD2191
01-11-2013, 11:44 PM
how was that not my point? we could turn it on and off when needed back then, and no virgin here, just ask your mother.

Buddy Holly
01-11-2013, 11:48 PM
how was that not my point? we could turn it on and off when needed back then, and no virgin here, just ask your mother.

They could turn it on and off? Did you even watch that season? Kid, when your balls drop I'll continue abusing you on this forum. Until then, ignore list for you.

DieHardSpursFan1537
01-11-2013, 11:54 PM
Memphis and L.A. Clippers....don't even worry about them. As long as we secure home advantage, they won't stand a chance. 2-0 advantage first 2 rounds for sure. It's the Thunder that will be hard to beat. REALLY hard.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-11-2013, 11:54 PM
will the spurs beat a good team ever again this season?

Of course they will. Winning an NBA ring is all about peaking in April and riding the wave to the title. That has always been the plan and it hasn't changed this year.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-11-2013, 11:56 PM

Look at the big picture, moron. We don't want to peak now, we want to peak in April-May-June. That is always the plan.

rascal
01-11-2013, 11:59 PM
This is not a championship team. How many more years do we have to watch the same team fall short ? It is the same team they have been trying to win a title with for the last couple of years and the same top core since their last title with a couple of changes that don't make enough of an impact.

crc21209
01-12-2013, 03:32 AM
This is not a championship team. How many more years do we have to watch the same team fall short ? It is the same team they have been trying to win a title with for the last couple of years and the same top core since their last title with a couple of changes that don't make enough of an impact.

:lol Please. There's only 4 legit teams in the West who are championship contenders. The Thunder, Clippers, Spurs, and Grizzlies. In the East I would say it's the Heat, Knicks (maybe), and probably the Bulls once they are at full strength. Any series between the top 4 teams in the West would be a 6 or 7 game toss-up series...

Creation88
01-12-2013, 02:09 PM
Kinda like looking in the mirror and realizing how much of a faggot you are.

keep flexing your internet muscles.

benefactor
01-12-2013, 02:28 PM
Truth hurts.

Sean Cagney
01-12-2013, 02:40 PM
Look at the big picture, moron. We don't want to peak now, we want to peak in April-May-June. That is always the plan.

We had that last year, had health and had the peak at the end of the year and were rolling! We know how that ended in the last 4 games when we met a younger team :( Last year the stars nearly aligned for us to win it all, fell short. I don't honestly see how they can do better than 20 in a row late in the year and two sweeps in the first two rounds! I hope they can but reality has to kick in.

Cry Havoc
01-12-2013, 03:04 PM
keep flexing your internet muscles.

I'd prefer to read his internet muscle flexing than your, "Look at me, I'm a pessimist. That's so badass. I can talk shit about my team because it makes me look cool." take that about 50 other posters have been mouth breathing lately.

If you're that convinced our season is over, then just stop watching. And posting. And the board will be better for it. :tu

benefactor
01-12-2013, 03:25 PM
...which is why I called him a faggot. It's less about "internet muscles" or whatever retort he wants to throw out there and more about him just spewing faggotry everywhere.

spursmartyr
01-12-2013, 03:32 PM
2-7.

0 for 5 away from home.

Sp:lolrs

Cry Havoc
01-12-2013, 03:38 PM
2-7.

0 for 5 away from home.

Sp:lolrs

:lol

Concerned about regular season games. :lol

lefty
01-12-2013, 03:46 PM
Lets face it, the Spurs are not going to win another title in the Duncan era

2007 was his last

Cry Havoc
01-12-2013, 03:57 PM
Lets face it, the Spurs are not going to win another title in the Duncan era

2007 was his last

So stop watching, then. Simple.

Creation88
01-12-2013, 04:55 PM
I'd prefer to read his internet muscle flexing than your, "Look at me, I'm a pessimist. That's so badass. I can talk shit about my team because it makes me look cool." take that about 50 other posters have been mouth breathing lately.

If you're that convinced our season is over, then just stop watching. And posting. And the board will be better for it. :tu

when the fuck did i say the season was over? the truth is that this team is NOT good against the best teams. that's the simple truth and apparently you can't deal with it or take it for what it's worth.

Creation88
01-12-2013, 04:58 PM
...which is why I called him a faggot. It's less about "internet muscles" or whatever retort he wants to throw out there and more about him just spewing faggotry everywhere.

calling someone names over the internet is a great way to debate AND show your maturity level at the same time. "HEY THAT GUY DOESN'T AGREE WITH ME OR I DON'T LIKE WHAT THAT GUY SAYS.....FUCK HIM FUCKING FAGGOT *INSERT MORE BIGOTRY HERE*" you deal with anger the right way.

Cry Havoc
01-12-2013, 05:05 PM
when the fuck did i say the season was over? the truth is that this team is NOT good against the best teams. that's the simple truth and apparently you can't deal with it or take it for what it's worth.

We've played 5 more games than Memphis to date, SIX more games on the road, and we lost in overtime to the Grizzlies in Memphis when Duncan had a bad night. It's also fucking JANUARY. No one is going to remember how this team is playing now in May, because it will be so far removed from playoff reality that it won't even matter.

By all means though, continue with the pessimism, cool guy. You're so cool. "Omg this team sucks!" Really, where do you find the time to write such incredible NBA analysis?

benefactor
01-12-2013, 05:14 PM
Angry? I'm not the one writing in all caps....

....faggot.

Creation88
01-12-2013, 05:22 PM
We've played 5 more games than Memphis to date, SIX more games on the road, and we lost in overtime to the Grizzlies in Memphis when Duncan had a bad night. It's also fucking JANUARY. No one is going to remember how this team is playing now in May, because it will be so far removed from playoff reality that it won't even matter.

By all means though, continue with the pessimism, cool guy. You're so cool. "Omg this team sucks!" Really, where do you find the time to write such incredible NBA analysis?

no one write anything on the internet especially Spurstalk if it's not positive. okay got you.

Creation88
01-12-2013, 05:24 PM

....faggot.

you're so tough. please keep contributing your well thought out analysis.

fact of the matter is that Spurs are not good against the league's best. no one can claim that as false. if you're upset with the fact don't take it out on the one presenting the facts. will this mean anything in May? maybe, maybe not. but right now the team is not good against the best. and if we're not gonna talk about the present just lock the whole board and open it in May and June only.

TD 21
01-12-2013, 05:28 PM

Don't you know you're not allowed to say something that reflects poorly on the team (unless timvp approves of it), even if it's factually correct? And why would you think it's alarming that they haven't controlled a single game against an elite team (save for the Heat game, which was irrelevant for obvious reasons) at damn near the half way point? You must be "emo", looking for attention or pessimistic.

Cry Havoc
01-12-2013, 05:31 PM
no one write anything on the internet especially Spurstalk if it's not positive. okay got you.

Endlessly spewing shit for the sake of looking cool with absolutely nothing behind it other than, "hurr durr we're losing a lot" is idiotic. Sorry if you can't handle the fact that your posts are bad. When you make thoughtless posts, you sound idiotic, and when you're so negative about a team you're supposed to love watching, it just makes me wish you'd not post anymore, or actually include a modicum of intelligence into your comments. Bandwaggoners are fucking annoying no matter what side of the aisle they're on, be it delusional positivity or cliff jumping.

But no, you're too busy being a badass talking shit about your favorite team. Carry on.

Creation88
01-12-2013, 05:34 PM
Endlessly spewing shit for the sake of looking cool with absolutely nothing behind it other than, "hurr durr we're losing a lot" is idiotic. Sorry if you can't handle the fact that your posts are bad. When you make thoughtless posts, you sound idiotic, and when you're so negative about a team you're supposed to love watching, it just makes me wish you'd not post anymore, or actually include a modicum of thought into your comments.

But no, you're too busy being a badass talking shit about your favorite team. Carry on.

i'm a fucking season ticket holder. lol.

you think i enjoy seeing them lose, let alone against the NBA's best? i gave you all the facts, so if you're not willing to realize they're true or accept them that's your problem, but i dont have a vindictive path to "spew shit" on the team i spend thousands of $$$ on every year. you're clueless but thanks for taking a leap on what i am bc you can't accept reality.

RD2191
01-12-2013, 05:39 PM
havoc you need to pull your head out of your ass, this a spurs forum, a place to discuss the current state of the spurs. we can say and post whatever we want. just because its not positive it doesn't mean we don't fully support this team, some of us are just mad and disappointed. you need to realize that not everybody is going to agree with what you say.

TDfan2007
01-12-2013, 05:39 PM

Just because he thinks they won't win a title doesn't mean he doesn't want to watch. Even if this Spurs team had no chance, I'd still watch because when they're clicking the level of basketball put on display is a thing of beauty. I also appreciate the relative effort level of the team. However, this Spurs team is not a juggernaut like last year's. I'm not sure why, but the offense has been more inconsistent this year even though our lineup has more experience playing together. Maybe other teams are figuring this team out, idk...

All I know is that this Spurs team does not respond well to physicality and athleticism. Physical teams give Timmy and Tiago trouble on the block and hound Manu and Tony around screens, while long, athletic teams can disrupt the high pnr which is the bread and butter of this team's offensive efficiency. Without the high pnr the Spurs are left with a mixture of early transition, 4 down, and through screen plays that are easily scouted.

The main reason for these problems is the lack of a go-to scorer when the offense goes to shit (Timmy is still the best 1 on 1 player on the team, but he's not what he used to be) and an overall lack of explosive athleticism on our team from PG - C.

Cry Havoc
01-12-2013, 06:00 PM
i'm a fucking season ticket holder. lol.

So you have even less of a reason to be a shitty poster.

you think i enjoy seeing them lose, let alone against the NBA's best? i gave you all the facts, so if you're not willing to realize they're true or accept them that's your problem, but i dont have a vindictive path to "spew shit" on the team i spend thousands of $$$ on every year. you're clueless but thanks for taking a leap on what i am bc you can't accept reality.

It's amazing how you say you're a season ticket holder, and spend $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ every year, and yet you're so worked up about regular season games that you're on the edge of the cliff. Because we've ALWAYS dominated playoff teams in the regular season during championship years, right?

I can't believe that after 15 seasons of Duncan people still get worked up about games in fucking January. It makes no sense.

havoc you need to pull your head out of your ass, this a spurs forum, a place to discuss the current state of the spurs. we can say and post whatever we want. just because its not positive it doesn't mean we don't fully support this team, some of us are just mad and disappointed. you need to realize that not everybody is going to agree with what you say.

Yes you can post whatever you want. And I can call you out for bringing absolutely nothing to the forum except empty, negative takes. It must be rough when you get called out. Why don't you post in caps about how upset I am some more? :cry :cry :cry

Just because he thinks they won't win a title doesn't mean he doesn't want to watch. Even if this Spurs team had no chance, I'd still watch because when they're clicking the level of basketball put on display is a thing of beauty. I also appreciate the relative effort level of the team. However, this Spurs team is not a juggernaut like last year's. I'm not sure why, but the offense has been more inconsistent this year even though our lineup has more experience playing together. Maybe other teams are figuring this team out, idk...

Do you also not realize that we were supposed to be DONE as a team 3-4 YEARS ago? How EVERY season since 07 has been a fucking gift because we were too old and fading. So yes, we have some hiccups in January. That's why it's January. If it were April I'd be slightly concerned, but even then... it's the REGULAR SEASON. You know, the thing Pop calls an 82 game tune-up. How can you be a Spurs fan for more than 2-3 years and be worried at this point? We've had some horrible January months before on our way to title runs.

All I know is that this Spurs team does not respond well to physicality and athleticism. Physical teams give Timmy and Tiago trouble on the block and hound Manu and Tony around screens, while long, athletic teams can disrupt the high pnr which is the bread and butter of this team's offensive efficiency. Without the high pnr the Spurs are left with a mixture of early transition, 4 down, and through screen plays that are easily scouted.

The main reason for these problems is the lack of a go-to scorer when the offense goes to shit (Timmy is still the best 1 on 1 player on the team, but he's not what he used to be) and an overall lack of explosive athleticism on our team from PG - C.

And all I know is this "what have you done for me lately" attitude that so many posters have been taking up is absolutely abysmal. There aren't words to describe how ridiculous it is. There's a thread about how Duncan should be shut down... after three sub-par games when he has played a season of BRILLIANCE. I don't intend to agree with everyone, and I have rarely taken issue with anyone speaking negatively about this team before (aside from the silly TP hate on this forum), but this season has been completely overboard in regard to losses. At this point, it's not even worth it to read the "OMG WE SUCK" circlejerk after a loss. A loss to a contender on their own floor in OVERTIME. It pollutes the game threads entirely, and the posts afterward, makes this forum almost impossible to enjoy. If I have to call people out for it, that's what I'm going to do.

ace3g
01-12-2013, 06:00 PM
Magic helped us today:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore;_ylt=AoDMq1nilpg3ieFIKiEO_EG8vLYF;_ylu=X3 oDMTFjam9oazdsBG1pdANOQkEgc2NvcmVzdHJpcARwb3MDMQRz ZWMDTWVkaWFTY29yZVN0cmlw;_ylg=X3oDMTFoNjVvZWVyBGlu dGwDdXMEbGFuZwNlbi11cwRwc3RhaWQDBHBzdGNhdANuYmEEcH QDc2VjdGlvbnM-;_ylv=3?gid=2013011212

Cry Havoc
01-12-2013, 06:02 PM
Magic helped us today:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore;_ylt=AoDMq1nilpg3ieFIKiEO_EG8vLYF;_ylu=X3 oDMTFjam9oazdsBG1pdANOQkEgc2NvcmVzdHJpcARwb3MDMQRz ZWMDTWVkaWFTY29yZVN0cmlw;_ylg=X3oDMTFoNjVvZWVyBGlu dGwDdXMEbGFuZwNlbi11cwRwc3RhaWQDBHBzdGNhdANuYmEEcH QDc2VjdGlvbnM-;_ylv=3?gid=2013011212

"HOLY SHIT THE CLIPPERS SUCK THEY CAN'T EVEN BEAT THE MAGIC THEY NEED TO TRADE PAUL AND TANK THE REST OF THE SEASON."

benefactor
01-12-2013, 06:03 PM
Just enjoy the fucking ride for a change and stop being a bunch of whiny bitches. No one in their right mind could have convinced me that at this point of the Duncan era the Spurs would be 17 games above .500. Wow...they can't beat the best teams. Newsflash, shithead...they are not a championship team anymore. They are a top of the middle of the pack team...and those teams will lose to the best teams more often than not.

If that bothers you so much go smear your tears all over your Tim Duncan fathead and soak them into your Spurs comforter.

Cry Havoc
01-12-2013, 06:07 PM
Just enjoy the fucking ride for a change and stop being a bunch of whiny bitches. No one in their right mind could have convinced me that at this point of the Duncan era the Spurs would be 17 games above .500. Wow...they can't beat the best teams. Newsflash, shithead...they are not a championship team anymore. They are a top of the middle of the pack team...and those teams will lose to the best teams more often than not.

If that bothers you so much go smear your tears all over your Tim Duncan fathead and soak them into your Spurs comforter.

The Heat look like shit right now, and yet I wouldn't bet against them to raise another title at the end of the year. Same goes with us. IMO the Thunder aren't as built for the playoffs as they were last year, the Clippers are beatable, and :lol Lakers. So we probably won't win the title this year, but I wouldn't rule us out, either. And if we "only" make the WCF, that's pretty fucking amazing considering I've been reading articles since 07 about how the Spurs are done as a team.

RD2191
01-12-2013, 06:09 PM
durant is unstoppable havoc, denial is not just a river in egypt

Cry Havoc
01-12-2013, 06:11 PM
durant is unstoppable havoc, denial is not just a river in egypt

That's why the Thunder won a title last year, right? That team that we were some bad calls in one quarter away from taking back to Game 7 at San Antonio?

benefactor
01-12-2013, 06:12 PM
The Heat look like shit right now, and yet I wouldn't bet against them to raise another title at the end of the year. Same goes with us. IMO the Thunder aren't as built for the playoffs as they were last year, the Clippers are beatable, and :lol Lakers. So we probably won't win the title this year, but I wouldn't rule us out, either. And if we "only" make the WCF, that's pretty fucking amazing considering I've been reading articles since 07 about how the Spurs are done as a team.
I think they had their shot last year and blew it. Could something fluky happen and they pull it out? Of course...there is always that possibility. I agree that it would be awesome to at least go back to the WCF. That's a successful year considering where we are in the Duncan era.

RD2191
01-12-2013, 06:15 PM
dont remind me, i go to a bad place when i think of game 6.

FkLA
01-12-2013, 06:18 PM
This team was two games away from the Finals last year. Looked unstoppable during that 20 game winning streak and was favored to win the west...defense has improved, more Splitter, less Bonner and Blair, Duncan has mostly played well this season, Manu is picking it up as of late. I see no reason why sneaking into the Finals should be considered completely unrealistic. Winning the title itself will be alot tougher but the West is wide open imo.

Cry Havoc
01-12-2013, 06:19 PM
I think they had their shot last year and blew it. Could something fluky happen and they pull it out? Of course...there is always that possibility. I agree that it would be awesome to at least go back to the WCF. That's a successful year considering where we are in the Duncan era.

Agreed. It's hard to win the title when your team is in their prime, let alone when they're like this. But that doesn't mean it's over. Things happen. Injuries happen. Teams gel unexpectedly. What if Green goes 45% from 3 in this playoffs? Could happen.

rascal
01-12-2013, 06:29 PM

....faggot.

I don't know how you got the votes to become a Spurstalk 2nd team all star. You suck

benefactor
01-12-2013, 06:32 PM
Because I don't bother anymore. This place has become a cesspool of shit takes from TD21 and Kidd K level posters.

"Don't cast your pearls before swine."

lefty
01-12-2013, 06:35 PM

I already have

Simple

Cry Havoc
01-12-2013, 06:40 PM
I already have

Simple

So stop posting. Simple. It would benefit everyone and you'll have more free time to do other things.

lefty
01-12-2013, 06:41 PM
So stop posting. Simple. It would benefit everyone and you'll have more free time to do other things.

No I wont stop posting

Too complicated

Cry Havoc
01-12-2013, 06:46 PM
I don't know how you got the votes to become a Spurstalk 2nd team all star. You suck

Because unlike most of the morons on here, benefactor has posts on his profile showing extensive knowledge of the game supported by facts, be they statistics or observation. A lot of posters are fed up with the level of idiocy that perforates the board these days from posters who CLEARLY have a very weak handle on how basketball works at any level. These are the morons who think they know how to coach a team better than Pop, call for Tony Parker or Danny Green to be traded after they have one bad game, etc.

There's a gulf of difference between a good poster who's being negative and someone who posts nothing but bile, thinking it makes them more "legit" as a fan because they're feigning realism. These are the same fuckwads that are on tops of cars at the end of the season, completely smashed, screaming, "I KNEW WE WERE GOING TO WIN THE TITLE! I NEVER DOUBTED IT FOR A SECOND!" The amount of tools that have joined Spurstalk in this manner since I've been here is just staggering.

Creation88
01-12-2013, 07:22 PM
Because unlike most of the morons on here, benefactor has posts on his profile showing extensive knowledge of the game supported by facts, be they statistics or observation. A lot of posters are fed up with the level of idiocy that perforates the board these days from posters who CLEARLY have a very weak handle on how basketball works at any level. These are the morons who think they know how to coach a team better than Pop, call for Tony Parker or Danny Green to be traded after they have one bad game, etc.

There's a gulf of difference between a good poster who's being negative and someone who posts nothing but bile, thinking it makes them more "legit" as a fan because they're feigning realism. These are the same fuckwads that are on tops of cars at the end of the season, completely smashed, screaming, "I KNEW WE WERE GOING TO WIN THE TITLE! I NEVER DOUBTED IT FOR A SECOND!" The amount of tools that have joined Spurstalk in this manner since I've been here is just staggering.

your twisted form of what i'm presenting and what i am as a fan is mind boggling. take a step back and look at the initial post. the Spurs do NOT have a good record against the NBA's best...how do you or anyone else refute that? is that negative? i guess you can take it that way bc it's disappointing we're not better but it's reality. it's fact. do you know how to deal with fact?

you and benefactor can continue to live in a world where you perceive and create your own reality but i choose to live in a world of facts.

if "bile" is the truth, i want to be as sick as possible.

Creation88
01-12-2013, 07:23 PM
Because I don't bother anymore. This place has become a cesspool of shit takes from TD21 and Kidd K level posters.

"Don't cast your pearls before swine."

i believe the phrase is "then leave. simple."

ffadicted
01-12-2013, 08:03 PM
I already have

Simple

lol I was just about to defend you saying that just because you don't think a team can win a 'chip, you should still watch them and support them. Then this... sigh

td4mvp2k
01-12-2013, 08:52 PM
the Spurs do NOT have a good record against the NBA's best...how do you or anyone else refute that?

Ya they dont so whats to refute?

benefactor
01-12-2013, 10:08 PM
i believe the phrase is "then leave. simple."
Oh don't worry...I don't spend much time up here anyway anymore...for reasons that are painfully obvious in this thread.

I'll leave you and your buddies now so you can spend time leading each other around by the dick and pretending that the what was pointed out in the OP actually matters.

Strategic
01-12-2013, 10:17 PM
Nice thread. lol

Hoops Czar
01-12-2013, 10:51 PM
Nice to see a 14 win Mavs team destroying the Grizzlies. I'm sure many will blame it on b2b but unlike the Spurs, they have only two players over the age of thirty.

DapDaGenius
01-12-2013, 11:27 PM
Nice to see a 14 win Mavs team destroying the Grizzlies. I'm sure many will blame it on b2b but unlike the Spurs, they have only two players over the age of thirty.

Dallas only 9 turnovers...if we limited our TOs we would've won. :depressed

FireMicoHalili
01-13-2013, 12:48 AM
Reductionist. Also misspelled their. The first post has a point. The good teams have found ways to cramp our style.

spursncowboys
01-13-2013, 10:56 AM
This thread is perfect example as to why spurs fan can be stupid. Biggest thing taken out of this game? We miss our shots, we lose. Just like every other team. They miss there shots, they lose. Simple as that.
If this is a sign of spur's fans being stupid, then all of nbc is pretty stupid. Because year after year, in the playoffs, this is the kind of stat they show to start their segment on why a good team will lose to an underdog.

TDMVPDPOY
01-13-2013, 11:08 AM
i dont like the excuse of them not hitting fluke shots again, or players out injured for both teams....

one thing for certain when these clowns rock up t o the play the spurs, they approach the game like its a finals game...while the same cant be said of the spurs who tends to give up in the first quarter if shit aint going according to plan...we all know pops ace card is the white flag...

Man In Black
01-13-2013, 12:11 PM
I'm okay with it for now. Playoffs will settle just how good the Spurs are or aren't.

Plus, for as bad as some make it seem, it would suck more if we were Laker fans :hat

Cry Havoc
01-13-2013, 01:00 PM
your twisted form of what i'm presenting and what i am as a fan is mind boggling. take a step back and look at the initial post. the Spurs do NOT have a good record against the NBA's best...how do you or anyone else refute that? is that negative? i guess you can take it that way bc it's disappointing we're not better but it's reality. it's fact. do you know how to deal with fact?

you and benefactor can continue to live in a world where you perceive and create your own reality but i choose to live in a world of facts.

if "bile" is the truth, i want to be as sick as possible.

Who said anything about trying to refute that? Why don't you explain to me how LeBron and the Cavs killed us in the regular season in 07? How did those playoffs go?

You want to cliff jump, fine. Be ignorant of the past. But I'm just going to laugh at you for doing so in January. I don't understand how any Spurs fan could get worked up about a loss 4 months before the playoffs start and claim to be a real Spurs fan. Struggling in the regular season is NOT new for this team, it happened in Duncan's prime all the time. We're going to SPAM, like always, and then you're going to be braying about good this team looks.

:lol January games

:lol Cliff jumpers

:lol regular season

Fabbs
01-13-2013, 01:34 PM
:pop: If i only won 30% of the time with prime Duncan GNob Parker Bob Horry Bowen and SuperRolies like DRob Kerr SJax Malik etc....

What the hell makes you think I'm going to title now with less then prime?
Phx Suns D'Antoni is the ceiling since 2007.

Cry Havoc
01-13-2013, 01:53 PM
:pop: If i only won 30% of the time with prime Duncan GNob Parker Bob Horry Bowen and SuperRolies like DRob Kerr SJax Malik etc....

What the hell makes you think I'm going to title now with less then prime?
Phx Suns D'Antoni is the ceiling since 2007.

So stop watching then. not complicated.

If you're going to cliff jump in a public forum I'm going to laugh at you. Not complicated.

Fabbs
01-13-2013, 02:09 PM
So stop watching then. not complicated.

If you're going to cliff jump in a public forum I'm going to laugh at you. Not complicated.
No way. I'm a marketing analyst.
If you're shooting for another Championship with Popped, good luck. :lol
Last years up 2-0 after 20 straight aint getting any better.
And if I'm wrong I will gladly consume crow forever.

Cry Havoc
01-13-2013, 06:39 PM
No way. I'm a marketing analyst.
If you're shooting for another Championship with Popped, good luck. :lol
Last years up 2-0 after 20 straight aint getting any better.
And if I'm wrong I will gladly consume crow forever.

Really? Cause last I checked the guy who hurt us late in game 6 isn't in OKC anymore.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-13-2013, 07:03 PM
This thread is a shitstorm over nothing. :rolleyes

The Spurs often build good records by feasting on poor and average teams early while losing to good ones. We've seen this happen time and again over the past decade. And then sometime in January someone notices that we have a poor early record against good teams and panics. And then they start a thread about it. But actually, WHO FUCKING CARES?

Yes, it would be nice to be dominant and beat everyone, good and bad, over the entire season, but that's simply not reality. The reality is SPAM - Pop tries to arrange things so that his team is getting nasty and beating good opponents in March and April, and then rolls into the playoffs on a high. Whether or not the Spurs beat good teams early means no more than 1 game in the W/L column.

The NBA season is all about peaking at the right time. Last year Pop was a master conductor, orchestrated the rhythm of the season perfectly, and we still lost in the WCFs to that ridiculous shooting by OKC... which just goes to show that you can plan everything perfectly and still come out a loser in the NBA, and that a few losses to good teams in Nov-Dec DOESN'T MEAN A THING.

/thread

look_at_g_shred
01-15-2013, 12:50 PM

The Spurs often build good records by feasting on poor and average teams early while losing to good ones. We've seen this happen time and again over the past decade. And then sometime in January someone notices that we have a poor early record against good teams and panics. And then they start a thread about it. But actually, WHO FUCKING CARES?

Yes, it would be nice to be dominant and beat everyone, good and bad, over the entire season, but that's simply not reality. The reality is SPAM - Pop tries to arrange things so that his team is getting nasty and beating good opponents in March and April, and then rolls into the playoffs on a high. Whether or not the Spurs beat good teams early means no more than 1 game in the W/L column.

The NBA season is all about peaking at the right time. Last year Pop was a master conductor, orchestrated the rhythm of the season perfectly, and we still lost in the WCFs to that ridiculous shooting by OKC... which just goes to show that you can plan everything perfectly and still come out a loser in the NBA, and that a few losses to good teams in Nov-Dec DOESN'T MEAN A THING.

/thread

#TRUTH

Horse
01-15-2013, 01:20 PM
I disagree but only because of all the unforced turnovers, I don't mean great D I mean just throwing it away and it's happening alot. The way we've taken care of the ball in the majority of our losses we would've lost to any team just like the hornet game. I belive they'll be ok once everyone knows there role.

Cry Havoc
01-15-2013, 02:45 PM

/thread

Oz, dropping bombs as per usual.

Creation88
01-15-2013, 04:36 PM
i'm not sure your reading comprehension skills are all that great but no one is "cliff jumping." well i am not, i can't speak for others. i'm concerned we're not beating the good teams in the regular season, however i'm not ready to throw away the season or break up the team so calm down.

Cry Havoc
01-15-2013, 04:56 PM
i'm not sure your reading comprehension skills are all that great but no one is "cliff jumping." well i am not, i can't speak for others. i'm concerned we're not beating the good teams in the regular season, however i'm not ready to throw away the season or break up the team so calm down.

Fine. Replace cliff jumping with knee-jerk reactionary threads in January. Same difference. :lol :lol :lol

Creation88
01-15-2013, 05:27 PM
Fine. Replace cliff jumping with knee-jerk reactionary threads in January. Same difference. :lol :lol :lol

when is everyone allowed to be concerned or notice the trend? please tell the internet so we can all follow your lead.

Cry Havoc
01-15-2013, 05:37 PM
when is everyone allowed to be concerned or notice the trend? please tell the internet so we can all follow your lead.

At all times, obviously.

However, when there are multitudes of threads created EVERY night of EVERY loss, it starts to wear a little thin. You might think your thread is perceptive and original, but I assure you, it's not. If you can't handle the reaction you get from making kneejerk threads in January, you might want to browse the forum once or twice before making the 1500th panic button thread in Spurstalk history. And listing a stat that has been proven time and time again to be a worthless metric to indicate our post-season success with absolutely zero thought or analysis to accompany it is the epitome of a kneejerk cliffjumping bandwagoner.

Carry on.

Johnny RIngo
01-15-2013, 06:55 PM
There are only seven teams with winning records against .500 opposition:

.727 - 16-6 - Clipppers
.667 - 12-6 - Thunder
.632 - 12-7 - Warriors
.609 - 14-9 - Grizzlies
.600 - 15-10 - Spurs
.545 - 12-10 - Heat
.524 - 11-10 - Nuggets

Spurs have played more games against .500 teams than any of the others so I expect some of the others(Thunder, Grizzlies, Warriors) to start picking up more losses in the coming weeks.

therealtruth
01-15-2013, 08:49 PM
The last few season we haven't seen the Spurs peaking later in the year and they've actually gotten worse. 2011 is a spectacular example of that. Maybe this season is different and the defense will pick up later in the year because that's going to be the ceiling for how far the Spurs go. Pop seems to finally believe they can be better defensively. He's even starting Splitter.

Mel_13
01-15-2013, 08:53 PM
The last few season we haven't seen the Spurs peaking later in the year

huh?

20 game winning streak that starts with ten games left in the regular season and ends in the conference finals isn't peaking later in the season? They were 48-7 before OKC turned that series around.

48-7.

Cry Havoc
01-15-2013, 10:19 PM
The last few season we haven't seen the Spurs peaking later in the year and they've actually gotten worse. 2011 is a spectacular example of that. Maybe this season is different and the defense will pick up later in the year because that's going to be the ceiling for how far the Spurs go. Pop seems to finally believe they can be better defensively. He's even starting Splitter.

You should really stop posting nonsense. Sit the next few plays out.

Fabbs
01-15-2013, 10:38 PM
Really? Cause last I checked the guy who hurt us late in game 6 isn't in OKC anymore.
Clipps are the team to beat in the West.
OKC is 2nd, may vault to 1st with another SternKobe type riggin.

Mel_13
01-15-2013, 10:44 PM

Bookmarked.

TD 21
01-15-2013, 10:55 PM

No, the Thunder are. Durant is playing at a historically great level and can play unlimited minutes, plus they never have any serious injuries and they get the most beneficial officiating since the O'Neal Lakers.

The Clippers and Spurs are neck and neck for second, with the slight edge to the Clippers. Let's just hope ego get's in the way once they're fully healthy and/or Del Negro plays the political game and lacks the chutzpah to do what's best for the team.

I made a thread earlier in the season about whether the 1 seed was as important as initially thought (given the Lakers struggles). Turns out, it is, only the Clippers have replaced the Lakers. The Spurs must get the 1 seed to have any chance at getting to the Finals.

therealtruth
01-16-2013, 02:02 AM
No, the Thunder are. Durant is playing at a historically great level and can play unlimited minutes, plus they never have any serious injuries and they get the most beneficial officiating since the O'Neal Lakers.

The Clippers and Spurs are neck and neck for second, with the slight edge to the Clippers. Let's just hope ego get's in the way once they're fully healthy and/or Del Negro plays the political game and lacks the chutzpah to do what's best for the team.

I made a thread earlier in the season about whether the 1 seed was as important as initially thought (given the Lakers struggles). Turns out, it is, only the Clippers have replaced the Lakers. The Spurs must get the 1 seed to have any chance at getting to the Finals.

I don't agree with the idea you can get the one seed by gaming the regular season and avoid all the tough matchups and win a championship. I think you need to face tough opponents to win a championship. Look at last season. The first time they faced some adversity the lost four straight.

Fabbs
01-16-2013, 04:52 AM
The Spurs must get the 1 seed to have any chance at getting to the Finals.
I didn't see any legit reasons given as to why.

Mel_13
01-16-2013, 07:23 AM
I don't agree with the idea you can get the one seed by gaming the regular season and avoid all the tough matchups and win a championship. I think you need to face tough opponents to win a championship. Look at last season. The first time they faced some adversity the lost four straight.

More real truth?

Try to explain your post because the conclusion one reaches from your words is that you believe that:

1. The games the big three didn't play against Portland and Utah represented "all the tough matchups" from last season.

2. That if they had played those two games, games 33 and 55 in a 66 game season, with a full team that they would have been more likely to defeat OKC.

I look forward to your response.

Mel_13
01-16-2013, 07:26 AM
I didn't see any legit reasons given as to why.

If you understand the structure of the NBA playoffs, and you believe your own assessment quoted below, then the reasons are self-evident.

Fabbs
01-16-2013, 11:56 AM
If you understand the structure of the NBA playoffs, and you believe your own assessment quoted below, then the reasons are self-evident.
Is this a Yoda type statement?
Please explain the last two Spurs 1st seed finishes and playoff results.
No make that 3.
Make that 4.

Bulls were #1 seed twice recently too. How'd that pan out?
LeBron got the Cavs the #1 seed a couple times. Ditto.

Mel_13
01-16-2013, 12:09 PM
Is this a Yoda type statement?
Please explain the last two Spurs 1st seed finishes and playoff results.
No make that 3.
Make that 4.

Bulls were #1 seed twice recently too. How'd that pan out?
LeBron got the Cavs the #1 seed a couple times. Ditto.

I responded to your post. Sorry that you don't understand.

The history of various #1 seeds is interesting trivia, but irrelevant to the objection you raised to TD21's post. The reasoning behind his assertion is obvious and your objection is curious given your assessment of the Clips and Thunder.

Fabbs
01-16-2013, 12:14 PM
Learn much here you can Mel_13 and TD21:
What seed did the Champ Spurs come from?
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91837&highlight=%231+seed

Wisdom seek further here:
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195176&highlight=%231+seed
http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/_/51319219/Yoda.jpg
The teams that had overall HCA but failed to reach the Finals from 2000 on were:

2011 CHI (lost ECF)
2010 CLE (lost ECSF)
2009 CLE (lost ECF)
2007 DAL (lost WCFR)
2006 DET (lost ECF)
2005 PNX (lost WCF)
2004 IND (lost ECF)
2002 SAC (lost WCF)
2001 SA (lost WCF)

Mel_13
01-16-2013, 12:33 PM
More interesting trivia. Still irrelevant to the current discussion.

Fabbs
01-16-2013, 12:40 PM
Relevance complete, lacking is your wisdom. Continue to seek.

Still waiting for those reasons why we HAVE to be #1 seed in order to beat OKC or LAClipps.

Mel_13
01-16-2013, 01:28 PM

Fabbs as Yoda. Actually, I like it. Much better than the usual schtick of forced, unfunny nicknames. Add an avatar and embrace the role. I look forward to more of your "wisdom".

Fabbs
01-16-2013, 04:05 PM
Fabbs as Yoda. Actually, I like it. Even better than your usual rock solid takes and hilarious, very fitting nicknames. Add an avatar and embrace the role. I look forward to more of your "wisdom".
Great. Maybe we could get a poster to 'chop a picture of Yoda with a Snickers bar. I think it's gonna be a while:

Relevance complete, lacking is your wisdom. Continue to seek.

Still waiting for those reasons why we HAVE to be #1 seed in order to beat OKC or LAClipps.

Mel_13
01-16-2013, 04:27 PM
If it makes you happy, I'll concede the semantic point to you. Yes, every team that qualifies for the NBA playoffs has a greater than 0% chance of reaching the NBA Finals. I didn't take TD21's words so literally. I read them in context and made the inferences that most people would.

Fabbs
01-16-2013, 04:53 PM
If it makes you happy, I'll concede the semantic point to you. Yes, every team that qualifies for the NBA playoffs has a greater than 0% chance of reaching the NBA Finals. I didn't take TD21's words so literally. I read them in context and made the inferences that most people would.
Deflection of points, fabrication of Fabbs points scores zero.
Lose building of Straw Man.

TD21 points:
Year 2007, go to. Dirk "is playing at a historically great level and can play unlimited minutes, plus they had no serious injuries." Seed #1 for Dallas, victory total equal 67. Impressive mmmmhmmmn. Have Laker-OKC rigged reffing? No that was 2006 vs Spurs. You and TD21 concede no way Spurs can win playoffs prior to 2007 post season?

Outcome no Dallas exceed Round 1. Spur win, hoist trophy in sweep vs The LeBrons.

Popper Gregor 2008 - vs Negro Del Vinny = equal coaching matchup.

Snickers Bar while waiting for reasons, uh hummn.

Jumi
01-16-2013, 05:06 PM
What we need is for OKC/Clippers play each other in the second round. It would be hell trying to win the 2nd round and the WCF against them. The best case as of now would be for us to face the Grizz in the second round, while OKC and the Clips battle it out. I like the Clippers but they remind me of last year's Spurs. We need defense and rebounding and we should be ready for the playoffs.

Cry Havoc
01-16-2013, 10:28 PM

timtonymanu
01-16-2013, 10:30 PM
:cry The win doesn't count. The Grizzlies have sucked as of late.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-16-2013, 11:16 PM
therealtruth never addressed my post on page 7. Disappointing.

If we don't have some big wins over great teams in March and April (and maybe even beginning in about the middle of Feb), that's when you start worrying, not early in the season when the team is still ramping up.

Big win over a good team today, anyway.

Pity we played the Clips twice early on as they are a major threat this year, particularly with that nasty bench (although they do have a 4th Q Achilles Heel that I think we can take advatage of when the going gets tough). Bookmark Feb 21 in LA, and March 29 in SA - we really need to win one or both of those games against the Clips to make a statement. Glad we play them 4 times this season, not the usual 3.

Creation88
01-16-2013, 11:35 PM

if the losses don't count now why do the wins?

anyway, tonight was a good win. Spurs finally moved the ball around (particularly in the 2nd half). we got killed in the 1st half on the boards but battled back huge in the 2nd half. obviously Tim's early shots set the tone. he was back to normal tonight and we kept the ball under control. definitely a step in the right direction against the best teams.

Cry Havoc
01-16-2013, 11:40 PM
if the losses don't count now why do the wins?

Because your contention is that the Spurs are unable to handle the best teams in the league anymore.

Without Manu, we absolutely decimated one of the "best teams" tonight. They hit everything they could in the first half as well, so they were playing solid ball.

As I said,

ITS JANUARY.

Feel free to put your finger back on the panic button if it makes you feel better though.

Creation88
01-16-2013, 11:54 PM
Because your contention is that the Spurs are unable to handle the best teams in the league anymore.

Without Manu, we absolutely decimated one of the "best teams" tonight. They hit everything they could in the first half as well, so they were playing solid ball.

As I said,

ITS JANUARY.

Feel free to put your finger back on the panic button if it makes you feel better though.

good lord, you have the worst reading comprehension and inferring skills ever.

i never said we were "unable to handle the best teams in the league anymore." i simple stated that we currently are not beating those teams, not that we cannot. good stretch though.

hell, i think this team can contend for the title....however we're eventually going to have to compete against the best....which we're currently not doing on the whole. tonight was a step in the right direction and shows we can decimate teams when we're playing at our best (hell even minus Manu)...we just need to KEEP playing like that against those teams going into the playoffs.

timvp
01-16-2013, 11:56 PM
Yeah, beating good teams in the regular season really doesn't tell you much about a team. Studies have been done and there's simply no correlation between winning or losing against the best in the regular season and success or failure in the playoffs. It's fan-made drama, tbh.

Hell, the entire 2003 season, Spurs fans were in a tizzy because the Spurs were supposedly weak against the better teams. That ended up being hot air.

Sure, you want to remain confident in the regular season -- and beating good team is a good way to build confidence -- but the regular season really just comes down racking up the most wins.

racm
01-17-2013, 12:07 AM
Yeah, beating good teams in the regular season really doesn't tell you much about a team. Studies have been done and there's simply no correlation between winning or losing against the best in the regular season and success or failure in the playoffs. It's fan-made drama, tbh.

Hell, the entire 2003 season, Spurs fans were in a tizzy because the Spurs were supposedly weak against the better teams. That ended up being hot air.

Sure, you want to remain confident in the regular season -- and beating good team is a good way to build confidence -- but the regular season really just comes down racking up the most wins.

Maybe the people who think point differential rather than contender head-to-head record is more indicative of future success have the right idea.

And I wouldn't put too much stock in playing OKC twice or Memphis sans Ginobili, and the last time the Knicks swept the season series it was the 2003 season, and we know how that ended...

Cry Havoc
01-17-2013, 12:12 AM
good lord, you have the worst reading comprehension and inferring skills ever.

i never said we were "unable to handle the best teams in the league anymore." i simple stated that we currently are not beating those teams, not that we cannot. good stretch though.

hell, i think this team can contend for the title....however we're eventually going to have to compete against the best....which we're currently not doing on the whole. tonight was a step in the right direction and shows we can decimate teams when we're playing at our best (hell even minus Manu)...we just need to KEEP playing like that against those teams going into the playoffs.

Good lord, you have an absolute absence of NBA knowledge.

This guy. This guy right here.

Fabbs
01-17-2013, 12:37 AM
Studies have been done and there's simply no correlation between winning or losing against the best in the regular season and success or failure in the playoffs. It's fan-made drama, tbh.
No correlation? Links to studies please.
I believe record vs the "best" is not near the top but to say NO correlation un uh. Got to define "best" too. Like top 4 in own Conf and top two in other Conf.
Sometimes the networks will flash stats of vs over .500, helpful but too general.

TheSkeptic
01-17-2013, 12:46 AM
Maybe the people who think point differential rather than contender head-to-head record is more indicative of future success have the right idea.

And I wouldn't put too much stock in playing OKC twice or Memphis sans Ginobili, and the last time the Knicks swept the season series it was the 2003 season, and we know how that ended...

I think also that sometimes you have to watch the games in order to see what's actually going on. You can usually spot potentially bad match-ups. For example, during the infamous 2011 run where the Grizzlies knocked SA out it was obvious during the season that the Spurs were going to be at a disadvantage size-wise unless Pop made adjustments and/or TD, Manu, and TP went nuts.

This year the problem teams are LAC and OKC so far. But assuming all goes well, unlike with the Lakers, a deep playoff run isn't out of the question for SA.

Creation88
01-17-2013, 04:07 PM
Good lord, you have an absolute absence of NBA knowledge.

http://www.beyondhollywood.com/uploads/2012/01/Stretch-Armstrong.jpg

hater
01-17-2013, 04:35 PM

:lmao what?

It is obvious Grizz are slumping as they got pummeled by Houston and injured Clips. "solid ball"???? didn't you watch the 2nd half? Grizz played like the didn't give a fuck.

look_at_g_shred
01-17-2013, 05:53 PM

It is obvious Grizz are slumping as they got pummeled by Houston and injured Clips. "solid ball"???? didn't you watch the 2nd half? Grizz played like the didn't give a fuck.

So what excuse are you going to give the Grizzlies? That they were tired from the road trip? We injured their star players? Why not so quick to call them "old" like yall do when one of our guys gets hurt??? We outplayed them. The better team won.

TD 21
01-17-2013, 05:58 PM
It's not so much about beating elite teams in the regular season, it's more about controlling the game. If you can't dictate the terms against the best with any degree of regularity, then how could you possibly be capable of beating them in a series?

Last night, for the most part, the Spurs controlled the game and that was the first time I'd seen them do that against a team of that caliber this season (outside of the Heat game, which for obvious reasons, shouldn't be read into in the least). Now I want to see if they can keep their poise and not fold against an elite team, on the road, in a close game, when the opposition makes a run and the crowd is going wild.

Cry Havoc
01-17-2013, 09:14 PM

And the Spurs ran them out of the gym.

The Griz played very tough ball in the first half, got a huge helping of road-cooking, and the Spurs still were even with them.

racm
01-17-2013, 10:30 PM
The Grizz got more FTAs on the road, tbh...

They can't really win if forced to run, though; their insistence on offensive rebounding means their transition defense isn't that great either. I mean Marc Gasol's a good shot blocker but do they have a guy with the ability to do chase down blocks like Green?

Uriel
01-18-2013, 01:18 AM

Link?

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-18-2013, 11:53 PM
This guy. This guy right here.

I said the same damn thing back on page 7, dammit. :pctoss :lmao

TDMVPDPOY
01-18-2013, 11:58 PM
beating good teams...shows where ur team is at and if u can hang with them

Fabbs
01-19-2013, 12:36 PM
Studies have been done and there's simply no correlation between winning or losing against the best in the regular season and success or failure in the playoffs. It's fan-made drama, tbh.

Fabbs
No correlation? Links to studies please.
I believe record vs the "best" is not near the top but to say NO correlation un uh.

Uriel
Link?

Wait for studies you to produce we will. Uhmmm huh.
http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/4479/yodasnickerscopy.jpg

jjktkk
01-19-2013, 01:07 PM
Fabbs

Uriel

Makes sense that the Queen of ST drama, would want some answers.

Fabbs
01-29-2013, 10:43 AM
Originally Posted by timvp

Fabbs

Uriel
link?

Real world not exist said studies? Snickers last long, but perhaps "studies" forthcoming no.

Horse
01-29-2013, 01:22 PM
All the rest, injury, stern conspiracy and they still have the best record in the league. You fuckers always have something to bitch about.