DeadlyDynasty
01-05-2013, 01:29 AM
He's pretty fucking terrible.

Bynumite
01-05-2013, 01:32 AM
Gonna lead us to the Finals tbh :lol

ElNono
01-05-2013, 01:33 AM
Bible Kemp is not that far off, tbh... he might put some shiny numbers, but the interior D leaks like a fucking sieve and he has zero post game to speak of

Malik Hairston
01-05-2013, 01:34 AM
He has clearly lost passion for the game, compounded by his injuries, but he isn't as bad as he looks in this role..somewhere in the middle..

Malik Hairston
01-05-2013, 01:34 AM
Bible Kemp is not that far off, tbh... he might put some shiny numbers, but the interior D leaks like a fucking sieve and he has zero post game to speak of

Howard is clearly limited by his injury, can't really blame him..

Killakobe81
01-05-2013, 01:46 AM
The real MVP of the Lakers?! Blasphemy!!!

Venti Quattro
01-05-2013, 01:46 AM
The real MVP of the Lakers?! Blasphemy!!!

:lmao MVPau

thunderup
01-05-2013, 01:49 AM
He has clearly lost passion for the game, compounded by his injuries, but he isn't as bad as he looks in this role..somewhere in the middle..
In addition to all that you mention, I also think he's simply out of gas. He was a top five big just a couple of years ago. Frightening to see what fatigue can do to a player.

BanditHiro
01-05-2013, 01:49 AM
:lmao MVPau

Kobe is having his best season and the Lakers are under .500. They miss MVPau tbh.

midnightpulp
01-05-2013, 01:50 AM
D'Antoni's fun-n-gun system has turned him into a scrub. Not to mention, the guy is pretty banged up.

Don't worry, some dipshit GM will bail the Lakers out and hand Kirby another boatload of talent for essentially a few basketballs and a bag of Vanessa's liquid fat from her latest liposuction session.

mystargtr34
01-05-2013, 01:52 AM
:lol Pau has turned into a 3 point chucker in Dan Tony's offense.. its just sad to watch really.

:lol Lakerfans using current Pau as fuel to say Kobe>>>Pau from 08-10.

DMC
He's not worth a shit. They should trade him straight up for Blair. At least Blair can rebound.

Andy
He's not the same since his favorite brand of tampons was discontinued.

racm
01-05-2013, 01:53 AM
:but he has plantar fasciitis

Get out of here. When TD had that he led the Spurs to 63 wins.

Mugen
01-05-2013, 01:54 AM
Pau not giving a fuck compounded by Pringles' ineptitude definitely equals full fledged scrub.

Lakers will undoubtedly get bailed out by the David Kahns of the league but even Pau for Neal/Bonner/Blair would be a steal for the Lakers at this point.

spursmartyr
01-05-2013, 01:55 AM
Kobe is having his best season and the Lakers are under .500. They miss MVPau tbh.

2006 was his best season, tbh

Venti Quattro
01-05-2013, 01:56 AM
I really don't know how to deal with Pau anymore. He has one or two good games and everyone is happy. But then he suddenly just shuts down

GoodOdor
01-05-2013, 01:58 AM
Who could have imagined the lakers would be so shitty:lol

irishock
01-05-2013, 01:58 AM
Kobe's best season was 2011 when Phil told him to sit the fuck down: 33 minutes a game. They got destroyed when Kobe went playoff mode.

Mugen
01-05-2013, 01:59 AM
Mike and Pau need to make those Red Lobster dinners to hash out issues a weekly thing tbh.

Ghazi
01-05-2013, 02:00 AM
entire roster is flawed. Will limp into the playoffs and be put out of their misery in the 1st round, IMO.

Killakobe81
01-05-2013, 02:01 AM
Pau is playing out of position and as Simmons pointed out just this summer he was one of the best bigs in London even keeping Ibaka on the bench. But evennif dantoni is misusing him ... he needs to compete harder. Needs to regain confidence last 2 playoffs with Phil and Brown he sucked too

NRHector
01-05-2013, 02:02 AM
Who could have imagined the lakers would be so shitty:lol

anybody who is not a Laker fan

DeadlyDynasty
01-05-2013, 02:02 AM
D'Antoni's fun-n-gun system has turned him into a scrub. Not to mention, the guy is pretty banged up.

Don't worry, some dipshit GM will bail the Lakers out and hand Kirby another boatload of talent for essentially a few basketballs and a bag of Vanessa's liquid fat from her latest liposuction session.

He's not worth a shit. They should trade him straight up for Blair. At least Blair can rebound.

Pau not giving a fuck compounded by Pringles' ineptitude definitely equals full fledged scrub.

Lakers will undoubtedly get bailed out by the David Kahns of the league but even Pau for Neal/Bonner/Blair would be a steal for the Lakers at this point.
Would it be a safe assumption to say that Waiting for Pau to wake up/work out the kinks and sit idly by at the trade deadline is a stupid move?

Killakobe81
01-05-2013, 02:03 AM
Kobe's best season was 2011 when Phil told him to sit the fuck down: 33 minutes a game. They got destroyed when Kobe went playoff mode.

Silly talk ...

racm
01-05-2013, 02:07 AM
Killakobe81: Tbh even I think irishock's takes are shittier than mine

midnightpulp
01-05-2013, 02:11 AM
Would it be a safe assumption to say that Waiting for Pau to wake up/work out the kinks and sit idly by at the trade deadline is a stupid move?

Of course. I've been advocating his trade all season, only theoretically, though, since as a Laker hater, I want him to stay.

Since his contract is relatively big and he's obviously struggling with injuries, no team should want to touch him with a ten-foot pole, but some idiot GM will take the bait and trade their young core for Pau.

Killakobe81
01-05-2013, 02:13 AM

Agreed. I concede we are miss using him, but he can help this team in other ways then just lobbing passes to Dwight.

Killakobe81
01-05-2013, 02:15 AM
But he has to play with more force the post up where he just flipped the ball at the hoop was disgusting

D12
01-05-2013, 02:16 AM
Of course. I've been advocating his trade all season, only theoretically, though, since as a Laker hater, I want him to stay.
With how much your pathetic life revolves around the Laker's, one would be inclined to think otherwise.

Mugen
01-05-2013, 02:22 AM
Sell as high as possible the next time he puts up 12 & 8 cuz i'm not sure you're going to get much more than from Pau in this system.

Biosock
01-05-2013, 02:30 AM
Dude needs to be in the post and not shooting 3's. Even then this isn't the same Pau from a couple seasons ago, he's really been ineffective.

irishock
01-05-2013, 02:32 AM
What happened with Pau was that he got manhandled and eventually castrated by Dirk in the 2011 sweep. Never been the same afterwards.

Jt.ONE
01-05-2013, 02:36 AM
been misusing him since potato head days and kind of still am;
but thats not to say :cryMVPau:cry hasn't declined either

midnightpulp
01-05-2013, 02:41 AM
With how much your pathetic life revolves around the Laker's, one would be inclined to think otherwise.

This loss stung, didn't it? :lol

ambchang
01-05-2013, 07:01 AM
Tough for the batman get called out by robin every time he doesn't seethe ball for 15 possessions in a row. Over and over for the last 4 years.

Richie
01-05-2013, 07:07 AM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=aozspuc

Pau for Jackson, Bonner, Neal, Mills

Any Laker fans take that? Seems like most Laker fans really want him gone asap

Leetonidas
01-05-2013, 08:37 AM
Pau Gasol has been extremely mistreated by the Lakers. He is constantly thrown under the bus in the media and it seems like the FO supports Kobe's chucking and relegating Pau to a spot up shooter, which he isn't. Coupled with D'Antoni being a fucking retard, Howard occupying his space, and his minor injuries, it's no wonder he's checked out. I bet if you put him next to his brother in Memphis he'd be playing like he's capable of

hater
01-05-2013, 11:24 AM
yup. Pau would be balling on any other team.

obviously he has quit on the Lakers. Just his way of asking for a trade.

can't really blame him since he has to share shower room with Metta and Kobe

DMC
01-05-2013, 11:58 AM

Make it so

DeadlyDynasty
01-05-2013, 12:04 PM
I'm glad we all agree "keeping Gasol and hoping he finally gets it" is a terrible plan and the worst course of action for the season.

Venti Quattro
01-05-2013, 12:18 PM
This says it all.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A_1BgpyCIAEQAKe.jpg

NRHector
01-05-2013, 12:31 PM
This says it all.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A_1BgpyCIAEQAKe.jpg

venti with goods :lol and Kobe looking at Gasol

InRareForm
01-05-2013, 02:10 PM
pic of the season candidate

DPG21920
01-05-2013, 02:23 PM
You know what, there are two teams that I can see trading for Pau in the West: Denver & Houston. Both of them make sense to me as well due to the talent they already have and what Pau could do for them. Especially Houston. They weren't expected to make any major waves this year, but they are well coached and Harden is a legit star (maybe not a Lebron type, but definitely a solid 1b). They have some decent depth, Lin is figuring out how to play with another ball dominant player and adding Pau to the mix could definitely help them ensure they make the playoffs and have a solid team.

Denver also has some opportunity to add a skilled PF and it could really help balance them out. As of now, their bigs are solid but not spectacular. They have a lot of wing depth they could offer up and some good guards/big man replacements.

Both of those teams I could see pushing hard for Gasol and it would actually make sense to me.

Richie
01-05-2013, 02:29 PM
Houston won't want his monster contract this summer when they have a chance to offer someone like Josh Smith the max. Parsons/Smith/Asik is a pretty legit front court on both ends of the floor.

DPG21920
01-05-2013, 02:39 PM
Disagree - they have been pursuing Gasol (knowing his contract) all the up until this very off season. They have made it known they would love to have him and it makes even more sense with the team playing well and Harden secured. Smith, while talented, is not some superstar and I trust (do to HOU's very own comments) they are much higher on Pau. Plus a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

Plus it's not like Pau has a cap crippling contract that goes on for 5 years. Next year he's a large expiring contract if he's not working out..

DPG21920
01-05-2013, 02:47 PM
Only thing is a HOU trade would be more difficult (but also could be a bit easier at the same time since they are under the cap and could save LA more money) because they don't have big contracts. You have to assume that Asik/Harden aren't going anywhere. Maybe they would offer up Lin in a deal, but doubtful. Houston would almost assuredly need a third team involved.

Richie
01-05-2013, 03:19 PM
Houston are probably the most attractive destination to free agents this summer, they have a max to offer and plenty of big names hitting the market. I agree one in the hand is worth two in the bush, but Houston are a young team building for the future and Pau Gasol doesn't fit that bill at 32 IMO.

mavs>spurs
01-05-2013, 03:23 PM
it was all he had in him to carry kobe to a title once. what more can you ask of the guy?

Clipper Nation
01-05-2013, 03:28 PM
I'm glad we all agree "keeping Gasol and hoping he finally gets it" is a terrible plan and the worst course of action for the season.

I think it's a great plan and the best course of action for the season, tbh :tu

DPG21920
01-05-2013, 03:36 PM
Houston are probably the most attractive destination to free agents this summer, they have a max to offer and plenty of big names hitting the market. I agree one in the hand is worth two in the bush, but Houston are a young team building for the future and Pau Gasol doesn't fit that bill at 32 IMO.

Houston has never been rich with off season attraction. Sure they are a young team, but they have made it known (through their words and actions) that they would prefer to win now. Why would they actively pursue and pull off a trade for Gasol otherwise (just so happens it got vetoed by the Hornets owner). There really aren't as many big names hitting the market as one might think and Josh Smith is not someone amazing to build around (he's more of a piece you add to an established core to help put them over the top). He would be a good addition to HOU, but IMO their actions say they want to win now.

Not that I fully agree with that, but I can see where they are coming from since they have a legit guy in Harden, good role players and adding a guy like Pau could definitely make them a legit playoff team that could do some damage.

Baseline
01-05-2013, 05:24 PM

The only thing Bryant is doing better this season is that he (currently) has a higher shooting percentage than normal.

Otherwise, he's doing an excellent job of making his teammates worse. Gasol is worse, Howard is worse, Artest is worse, and the bench guys are playing with desperate looks on their faces. Bottom line is, Bryant "gets his," and he expects everybody else to "get theirs" even though he shoots 25 times almost every game.

This just in: Gasol and Howard are not guards. They don't get their looks unless the guards get them. I'm telling you, if it weren't for Nash, Bryant would be strangled by the end of the year.

Baseline
01-05-2013, 05:26 PM

Believe me, Dwight is looking at Houston right now and liking what he's seeing.