PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: 30-20

Splits
01-05-2013, 04:40 AM
Standing at 15-17, if the Lakers finish the season 30-20 (which seems impossible at this point, but hear me out) they would have a record of 45-37, a .549 winning percentage. Would they make the playoffs? Let's have a look at the winning % of the West 8 seed the past 5 years:

2012 (lockout): .545 in
2011: .561 out
2010: .610 out
2009: .585 out
2008: .610 out

So can the Lakers go on a scorching (by their standards) 30-20 run to close the season?

If they do, will they make the playoffs? Recent history says no.

Stalin
01-05-2013, 04:42 AM
fascinating thread

Reck
01-05-2013, 04:47 AM
fascinating thread

Sup scrah? What happened to the Heat tonight? Not enough whistles at the end huh?

Stalin
01-05-2013, 04:51 AM
coasting

baseline bum
01-05-2013, 05:11 AM
They're only 2.5 games out of a playoff seed; pretty sure they'll make that up and get into the 6 or 7 seed by season's end.

Richie
01-05-2013, 06:37 AM
Their next 7 games

Jan 6 vs Denver
Jan 8 @ Houston
Jan 9 @ San Antonio
Jan 11 vs Oklahoma City
Jan 13 vs Cleveland
Jan 15 vs Milwaukee
Jan 17 vs Miami

Could legitimately go 0-7 in that stretch. Best possible result is probably 3-4, maybe 4-3 but unlikely.

racm
01-05-2013, 07:11 AM
Wow, their next 4 games are ridiculous. 2-5 is likely, but they got walloped by Cleveland...

Tbh the only team that they're likely to beat is Milwaukee, and it's because they're foul prone and Jennings/Ellis have horrible usage to efficiency ratios.

Captivus
01-05-2013, 08:54 AM
I have a question!
Who wants the Lakers facing the Spurs in the PO 1st round??
Who likes that?!

Killakobe81
01-05-2013, 09:02 AM
I have a question!
Who wants the Lakers facing the Spurs in the PO 1st round??
Who likes that?!

I do due to proximity and so many good matchups:
Parker vs Nash
Dwight vs Duncan
Pau vs Gusto
Sjax vs MWp
Kobe vs Manu, lenard and Green
Pop vs dantoni

Sure we probably lose in 6 but it would be fun

StrengthAndHonor
01-05-2013, 01:26 PM
I don't even think they can beat Waukee. The Lakers achilles heel are quick scoring guards and the Bucks has two of them.

Kidd K
01-05-2013, 01:39 PM
They can do better than 30-20 if they get their shit together. 35-15 is reasonable if they're really an elite team waiting to happen. If they put it together RIGHT NOW. . .they can make it. If they flop over their next 4 games, it's probably over though. 8th seed would be their ceiling.

I do due to proximity and so many good matchups:
Parker vs Nash
Dwight vs Duncan
Pau vs Gusto
Sjax vs MWp
Kobe vs Manu, lenard and Green
Pop vs dantoni

Sure we probably lose in 6 but it would be fun

I'd like to see it too. Plus it strengthens my pre-season prediction that the Mavs will miss the playoffs and the Rockets and Warriors would be in. I took shit for it, but I'm looking like a genius right now.

I was off on my Lakers prediction though. . .I had them finishing top 2-3. Fuck. Way off. Still don't know how the fuck LA can't win games with that star-packed lineup. I guess the pieces just don't fit together at all.

StrengthAndHonor
01-05-2013, 06:35 PM
They just don't have what it takes to hang with the younger teams. Check the leagues best and all of them are ran by younger, more athletic teams. Lakers are just so slow. Gasol particularly is a negative net value. Anyone can score on him. if they keep the same roster, expect the Lakers to miss the playoffs. I just don't believe they'll finish with 35-15 which is what's required to at least be considered for the 8th spot.

They need a trade. Some fresh legs. Players that can run and jump and score since their transition is non existent. They don't even need a big name to be honest, someone like Ariza, Rudy Gay or Okafor can ignite and inject life on this team.

StrengthAndHonor
01-05-2013, 06:39 PM
This trade would be perfect for LA

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine

Jodelo
01-05-2013, 08:36 PM

Yep, awesome trade...

baseline bum
01-05-2013, 08:44 PM
There you go

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=a4v3c5z

Cry Havoc
01-05-2013, 08:53 PM

:lmao

Has anyone seen this movie? it's awesome.

www.netflix.com

lmbebo
01-06-2013, 03:17 PM
Problem with the Lakers isn't age. They do have the talent to hang. Problem is that Dantoni can't adjust his offense to match the talent he has.

Pau isn't a jump shooter. He's deadly on the low block. But he's not there offense. He's got nagging injuries as well.
Dwight isn't there physically, still playing hard though.

Team isn't constructed to take advantage of the Dantoni system. Until they get D to adjust his system or retool the whole team, I see it hard for them to be that much better than they are now, which is a =/- .500 team.

that said, I do think they got enough veteran talent and start power to sneak into the playoffs.

Stalin
01-06-2013, 08:51 PM
Problem with the Lakers isn't age. They do have the talent to hang. Problem is that Dantoni can't adjust his offense to match the talent he has.

Pau isn't a jump shooter. He's deadly on the low block. But he's not there offense. He's got nagging injuries as well.
Dwight isn't there physically, still playing hard though.

Team isn't constructed to take advantage of the Dantoni system. Until they get D to adjust his system or retool the whole team, I see it hard for them to be that much better than they are now, which is a =/- .500 team.

that said, I do think they got enough veteran talent and start power to sneak into the playoffs.

fascinating tale, scrah